A quiet afternoon (Banir, Falix, Lunar)

Alea and Banir introduce their new friends to each other.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Alea Davenport on January 27th, 2012, 5:43 am

Winter 55, 511

Alea sighed in contentment as she walked under the arches of the Windward Boardwalk. She had been in Avanthal for almost a full season, but this was the first time she'd actually taken the time to appreciate the beautiful places Avanthal had to offer. Until now she'd been scrambling to make sure that she was going to be able to survive, and cope with this crazy adventure she'd started, but now she was finally feeling secure enough that she could take a little time out and just appreciate things.

A short distance away, she saw a figure she thought she recognized, sitting on a bench. As she got closer, she realized that the figure was in fact a friend. She sat next to him and greeted him, smiling.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Banir Ironwood on January 27th, 2012, 6:54 am

It was a nice day, the clouds had broken their hold on the sky and allowed its brilliant blue to show. Sitting comfortable and relaxed upon the bench, with almost jealous eyes Banir looked on at the people walking about. From under his hood and scarf his eyes drifted, a Vantha couple happily walking, a talented carver creating something amazing. He almost felt out of place in such a wonderful place. With a heavy sigh and hang of his head he spoke. Though it appeared no one was there to hear him.

"I feel, like I do not belong here." At the end he trailed off, more on his mind but he did not speak it. Not hearing Alea's foot falls crunch on the snow he jumped a little when he heard her voice. Slowly turning his head the deep ruby red eyes met hers. A nervous and unsure greeting came forth from his mouth. It was poor and a little quite but his rough voice gave it a slight rumble.

"H-hello, Alea, it's nice to see you again. My friend and I, are happy to have more company." He said this but no one was beside him, around him, or even near him to imply there was another person with him. Taking his armour clad hand he lifted it to his shoulder hidden by his head. And on to it stepped a young girl made of clay, only seven inches tall with an adorable little smile.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Words: 218834
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2011, 3:33 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Falix on January 27th, 2012, 6:54 pm

SH e had been sitting on Banir's shoulder watching the things that he was, her mind wandering casually as it almost always did. She heard the sound of another approaching although she couldn't see who it was throuh Banir's head. It was defiantely feminine though. When she saw that Banir moved his hand to her she easily climbed into his palm and stood there in the palm of his clawed hand. She had ne fear that he would do anything to cause her harm as she held onto his index finger with one hand to keep her balance so that she wouldn't go tumbling from his hand. She looked to see where that she had heard the voice of the other woman there beside Banir.

It had been odd that he greeted her like and old friend so she smiled at the woman in a friendly way that was both kind and disarming putting other people at ease. "So your Alea, Banir has told me much about you. It is nice to finally have the pleasure of meeting you." Her words were soft and kind but at the same time, her voice was suprisingly loud and bright for someone of her diminutive size. It was nice to be able to meet someone that Banir considered a friend, and thus she would concider this woman a friend as well. She seemed to be jsut the oppsite of Banir, she was bright and happy, and accepting of a lot of things. She was Banir's partner, acting as his voice of reason and a friend when he needed someone, while he was her protector and friend. He someone that she could spin and weave wonderful tales for and he would listen peacefully.

She was about 7 inches tall and while she was an adult pycon she had adopted the form of a young girl in her pre-teens, a small pair of angel wings on her back that were folded down as if resting. Her mind idly wondered about things once again as she almost seemed to space out and yet was still aware of what was going on at the same time. It seemed to be a talent of hers. She sat down on his palm and let her legs hang over the edge of his hand near his pinky her legs crossed over the other and the back of her legs brushing against the metal claws.
Falix
Player

Words: 31410
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2012, 11:16 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Lunar Scathefire on January 28th, 2012, 12:29 am

There was always enough time in the world for Lunar, time seemed to be abundant and rather long for him not to mention day and night seemed to fade together in one big line as he was never tired. Never thinking anything of it, nor did he really want to right now as he was just cruizing along with no idea where he was going. He had decided to give Alea space for a bit as girls tended to want that at times, though he couldn't help but want to talk and have her company. Looking up to the sky as it was clear, which was unusual for Avanthal. Blinking, he moved a meter or two from his spot. To Lunar, he was just walking quickly in deep thought, to others who could see him he was dissapearing and reappearing in small distances towards the Windward Boardwalk, without actually realizing it. He was simply going where he felt he wanted to be most, letting his feet take him where ever.

Looking around, he watched the few people here as he walked in through the magnificently created arch. Stopping a moment, he looked up to the sky again and breathed in then exhaled, he thought he saw his breath only fogging when it was really his mist. Now he noticed her, grinning as he ran up to the two but began to slow down as he got closer. She was with another, most likely a male by the looks of his clothing and his gigantic size, slowing almost to a complete stop. Lunar was now beginning to feel shy of them, he got closer still as he sped up thinking it was silly she'd not welcome him. Though when he called out a big hello to the two from behind, he wondered if they had heard him as they had not seen him obviously aproaching.

Reaching to the girl, he touched Aleas shoulder very lightly knowing she didn't like it when he lingered the touch "Hia Alea! You do remember me, right??" He asked earnestly, a silly smile on his face as he took his hand away as quickly as he had reached. Glancing at the two others to take them in better, a girl with wings who looked like clay, though he couldn't tell what the man underneath the hood looked like. He didn't much care "hia?" Grinning at them also, he was only being polite just in case they were friends of Aleas. The temperature around the four dropped a couple of degrees and the smell of old paper traced the air lightly, though Lunar didn't notice it at all.
Last edited by Lunar Scathefire on March 10th, 2012, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have school till around June, replies will be slow because of homework and such so please bear with me. Free time is weekend time, where I lurk in chat freely.
Other Accounts
Ana Sol Starris
Common
Vani
Lunar Scathefire
Player

Words: 15878
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 3:57 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Alea Davenport on January 28th, 2012, 1:01 am

Alea stared curiously at the little clay girl. At first she'd wondered if Banir was so desperate for company that he'd carved a girl from clay just to have someone to talk to, but then the girl spoke! This startled her so much that she jumped, just as she felt a cold hand on her shoulder. She turned and smiled in recognition. "Lunar! What are you doing here? Nevermind, I want you to meet my friends. This is Banir," she said, gesturing to the large man, "and, um... sorry, I didn't catch your name." She looked at the clay girl expectantly.

As introductions were made among the group, Alea took a moment to reflect on the new friends she was making. They were certainly different from anyone she had ever met in Denval. She wasn't quite sure what manner of creature the clay girl was, but if she was a friend of Banir's that was enough reason for Alea to trust her. As for Lunar, even he didn't seem to know what he was. When everyone was properly introduced, Alea asked the clay girl, "Are you planning to come with us to Mura?"
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Banir Ironwood on January 28th, 2012, 3:51 am

Banir shivered a little once Lunar arrived, his hood didn't allow him to look up. Standing quickly he gave a more formal greeting then sat once again. Taking extra care not to drop his friend he made sure to move slowly. What struck him as odd was the fact that he couldn't quite see Lunar all the time. It was like his form was frayed at the edges and slightly transparent. Thinking it was more a trick of the eyes he shook his head lightly and focused once more on the conversation. His mind wandered again at the scent of old paper drifted in the air. It reminded him the time he had browsed a book in the market. Slowly his thoughts began to loop and his mind drifted off. With a snap he came pack as he felt Falix shift in his hand.

It took him several moments to realize he hadn't told her about the trip to Mura. She seemed rather attached to him so he had assumed that she would be coming along. It had been wrong of him to just think that, so he shifted uncomfortably the bench creaking lightly under his weight. Taking his slow deep breath its thick mist flowed out from behind his white scarf.

A light fear held on Banir as a light anxiety held him as he wondered what his small friends answer would be. He small form held on the palm of his hand. The thought of his friend being left behind, it caused his chest to hurt. He didn't know why but it hurt. It was strange and he didn't like it, quietly he hoped for her to stay with him.
"Where life leads me, is where I shall go. The greater question is, who is willing to accompany me on such a long travel?"
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Falix on January 28th, 2012, 5:09 am

She was taken by a bit of surprise when Banir had moved, but she was used to movement like that so it was easy for her to remain in his hand. She looked at the ghost and smiled easily recognizing the race. "Oh my name is Falix, I'm a Pycon that's travelling with Banir. And wherever that he goes I go too." She smiled up at Banir giving one of her charming disarming smiles to let him know that he could relax. she had felt his muscles tighten just as before and heard the slight difference in his breathing.

When she said that she was going she felt his muscles relax and calm again. Like banir her mind tended to wander off in other directions and often times in circles or she would rerail a train of thought and switch tracks going somewhere else. She looked up at the clear sky then laid back against Banir's hand and stretched out yawning. she looked up at the sky and folded her hands behind her head. She realized with a start that they still had company so she quickly sat up again and twiddled her fingers in a slightly nervous/embarressed way. She looked up at the two in front of her then back at Banir. She wasn't really sure what to say, feeling almost akward.

She went to Banir's pocket where she kept a lump of clay taking a piece for a snack she popped back out and had a handful (for her) of clay and started munching on it while watching the others make their exchanges. She wasn't much of a talker when it came to casual greetings, her talents laying more in story telling and sharing information. also she tended to be more comfortable around people she was familiar with and would share more the more she got to know someone.
Falix
Player

Words: 31410
Joined roleplay: January 18th, 2012, 11:16 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Lunar Scathefire on January 29th, 2012, 2:52 am

Smiling back at Alea, he was glad for the reaction and knew everything was all good and that she was even perhaps happy to see him. Lunar hadn't said a word about how he got there, nor did he really want to as it was still quite a mystery to even him. Looking to the hulking figure of a man in cloak and armor and the little clay girl as Alea introduced them to him and they had spoken what little they had to say he smiled brightly at the two. Any friend of Aleas could always be a friend of Lunars, was the main thought circleting through his mind.

Making his way to be in front of the other three, Lunar held his hand out to Banir while giving a polite nod to the clay girl "as Alea mentioned, I'm Lunar Scathefire" the mist twirled around his hand lightly giving it a slightly tangible form "I don't think I've ever heard of a pycon, but you sure are cute" he chimed in lightly with a big grin "and you're a pretty big fell'r Banir" an amused tone to his voice. They certainly didn't seem like bad people who would ignore him, and if they did perhaps Alea would set them right!

The thought gave him a bit of comfort, then he began to wonder if Falix was ever afraid of that claw she was perched on. It looked as if it could tear the poor clay girl to shreds, or even mess with his face to poor recognization. That thought, he didn't like so much and was glad that he wouldn't have to shake it. The grin ever still there, this certainly would be exciting.

OOC :
Sorry for takin so long.. I had the post all typed out then I went did something stupid that ended up messing with the post and deleting it. :/
Last edited by Lunar Scathefire on March 10th, 2012, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have school till around June, replies will be slow because of homework and such so please bear with me. Free time is weekend time, where I lurk in chat freely.
Other Accounts
Ana Sol Starris
Common
Vani
Lunar Scathefire
Player

Words: 15878
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 3:57 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Alea Davenport on January 30th, 2012, 12:47 am

"I've never met a Pycon before," Alea said, to cover up the fact that she was pretty sure she'd never heard of a Pycon before. Alea tried to think of the most polite way to get more information on the subject. The best she came up with was to start asking generic questions about Falix herself, and hoping that either information about Pycons would be included, or there would be some clue she could ask more about. "Where are you from? I'd love to hear more about your life, if you're willing to share."

As curious as she was about the little clay girl, it was hard to give Falix her full attention. She was worried about how the other two would get along. From what she knew, neither of them had ever been very successful at socializing on their own, and she didn't want to ignore them when they might still need her help. Knowing that asking Banir about his past was... a less-than-safe idea, she said, "And Lunar, when Falix is done with her story, maybe you can tell us some of your adventures travelling Taldera."
Alea Davenport

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Banir Ironwood on January 30th, 2012, 1:37 am

Reaching from where he sat, his left hand grabbed the dead mans hand. His black leather glove protected him from the cold yet it still gave a light sting as he shook his hand. With a silent and respectful bow of his head he spoke.

"I am not, as large as most, wandering Taldera." Short, sweet, and grumbled from his rough voice. Letting go of Lunar's hand he quickly checked on Falix, making sure she was safe and comfortable. Looking over to Alea he realized that he himself hadn't heard much of Falix's life. In his mind he admitted to himself that he would like to hear of her various adventures. Though his thoughts started to loop a greater realization hit him. He knew almost nothing of Alea, other than she liked to annoy people and pick fights. The same went for many of his other friends, Yuros, Aiza, Zygaud, and Oluse. On reflection he'd hardly call the last two friends, knowing two people for a day hardly counted. But he had at least a small amount of respect and admiration for them. To him it would be enough to consider them friends. Quickly he snapped out of the loop, it was rude to ignore acquaintances.

Sharply turning to look at Lunar, and more than a little embarrassed about letting his mind wander like that. Thankfully his hood and scarf hid his crimson cheeks. The slight pink rimming the violent eyes in the shadow of his hood betrayed him though.
Banir Ironwood
The silent disgrace

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next