Exploring the Citadel (Samael, open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: Exploring the Citadel (Samael, open)

Postby Eanos on March 24th, 2010, 5:16 pm

Eanos nodded thoughtfully at the answer for it seemed that the young man was not as much of a wastrel as he'd come to assume for he had a job and held to his god, both attributes which raised him upwards in the Isurs estimation.

"That sounds a challenging occupation," he said, truthfully for it seemed to be a rather vague means of making a living unlike metalwork where quality was relatively easily tested. "Tell me," his curiosity was once more reasserting itself and since now the subject was business, his enthusiasm was much more obvious, "I know little about horses I will admit for they are rare in the mountains of my home, but is there much call for metalwork in what you do?" It was not as obvious a sales pitch as it might have sounded, for his mind was thinking ahead to the day when he'd be able to craft djed as well as metal, but he knew well enough to appeal to the mans expertise in order to solicit an answer.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on March 24th, 2010, 5:59 pm

"Well, there's a market for metalwork," he said, nodding. "Saddles and harnesses all require buckles, and knightly horses have barding and -- that's armor for horses. And horseshoes. I mean, any old blacksmith can usually shoe a horse, and maybe even the rest, but quality sells, you know." He smiled. "And I suppose it's challenging, horses, but I grew up with it so it just feels right. They make a hells of a lot more sense than people sometimes."
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Eanos on March 24th, 2010, 6:23 pm

Eanos was mildly intrigued and now he regard Horse for the first time with a more professional interest, whereas before he had largely dismissed the creature from his mind.

He returned the smile, though he rather thought the smile had been aimed at the horse rather than himself. "Quality always counts," he agreed, his eyes scanning the horses gear for the described metalwork. "It must be a long way up there for you and you wouldn't want a buckle giving out on you at the wrong moment. Come and find me at the Ironworks if you need anything replaced before you set out after the Festival or before that. I'll not overcharge you but you can be sure that Isur work will be better than any old blacksmith might knock up for you. They rely on just being able to see what they are doing, but I can feel the metal and it makes a difference." What he said wasn't untrue but it never hurt to throw in a little mystique about what his race could achieve, it was what reputations were built upon after all.

He had a thought, "I could check it for you some time if you wish."
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on March 24th, 2010, 6:47 pm

"Well, I will surely look for you when the time comes to replace something. Or if I make enough for all new equipment."

He was glad now that he hadn't dismissed the initially unfriendly Isurian, because having a good blacksmith making your equipment could do wonders. One didn't want to jerry-rig things when traveling through a blizzard or the like.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eanos on March 24th, 2010, 8:26 pm

Eanos nodded appreciatively at the offer, though only time would tell if it happened or not. Still though it would be worth the humans time to come if he had need for Eanos intended to build a reputation in the short time he intended to be here and not just for his own benefit but to repay Roz for employing him.

"The offer is there if you decide to take it up, and you won't get a better deal anywhere else in this city." He regarded the food stall wistfully for a moment but decided that he'd eaten enough for now and there was no reason any more to delay the parting.

"I wish you well with your training and on the off chance that I can direct someone your way, where might I find you if I needed you?"
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on March 24th, 2010, 10:02 pm

"I've been camping outside the city walls," he admitted. "If I decide to stay, I might find a room somewhere more permanent. But you can have them leave a message for me at the Windmount Stables. I go trolling for work there fairly regularly."

He smiled then, and offered his hand once more. "It was good to run into you, Eanos Swifthand. I hope my presence was not too, too troublesome."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eanos on March 24th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Eanos grinned and clasped the offered hand though not too firmly, "for a human you impress me. I have no doubts that you will do well for you do honour your god."

He knew now the route into the Castle, though he could not help but call it the Citadel in his mind. Lifting his hand into the air he bid the human farewell.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on March 24th, 2010, 11:17 pm

"Until next time, then," he offered, raising his hand in farewell.

There had been some misunderstandings, but he had learned today too. He remembered the saying that any day you learned something was not wasted. So he could waste the rest of the day.

Once Eanos had disappeared around a corner, he glanced at his equine companion.

"Come along, Horse. It's time for you to eat."

With that, he climbed aboard and directed him off and away.

END
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Exploring the Citadel (Samael, open)

Postby Dusk on April 7th, 2010, 9:01 am

XP Award!

Eanos

XP Award
Interrogation: 1 XP

Lore Award
Layout of Syliras - Basic (A travler's knowledge of where the basic structures of Syliras are located)

Samael

XP Award
Interrogation: 1 XP

Lore Award
Isurian Society (partial/rumors)
Layout of Syliras - Basic (A travler's knowledge of where the basic structures of Syliras are located)

Additional Notes
Yay for an Isurian in Syliras! And for Samael always getting his meals for free. ;)

PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Previous