Back at work! (Paragon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Back at work! (Paragon)

Postby Nai'shee on January 31st, 2012, 8:28 pm

5th of Winter, 511AV

She heard dozen of cheerful voices around and she couldn't concentrate. Her target was moving towards shops and stalls and people kept greeting, arguing, and ordering around. She was ready to give up and try and steal that map right away, she was sure nobody would notice, but it was stupid to take a risk if you can do it safely. Every day around this time the man was going to the same house. He'd spend few hours there, and then leave. She also noticed he was carrying bag in which he held that precious map and money with himself constantly, as he was afraid that somebody might steal it. Well, the better way was to just hide it, but she wasn't complaining.

Her plan was simple: let him enter the house and go upstairs like every day, break in, take the bag if it's in hall, run away. In normal case she would probably need backup or other plan, but this street was little and it will probably be empty the whole time. And, after all, why wouldn't she leave the house with a bag? But still, she didn't like her own plan. She knew she will escape easily even if she was caught, but this time it wasn't that simple. The woman he visited was Zeltivan and she wanted to keep her little job secret from local citizens, otherwise she would have to try much harder and be sure not to be noticed by guards. They usually didn't recognize her, but if they had a warning... So, she must not be caught.

As she turned right following the man voices of busy city slowly faded to loud footsteps he made. She kept walking, acting carelessly in case he turns around, but she was extremely quiet and her eyes were fixed on his back as they slowly approached the house of maiden. She reminded herself she needed to pass them while talking at the door and come back later. She should be acting naturally, looking at them, but pretending they don't have her whole attention, she is just bored.
Last edited by Nai'shee on February 1st, 2012, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Back at work! (Paragon)

Postby Paragon on February 1st, 2012, 2:28 pm

Marcus Garble was a large man. Not large built, but rotund. His stomach was always two steps ahead of him. It was a testament to his fondness for rich foods. Some might say he had chosen the wrong city to live in - but food aplenty could appear miraculously for the rich.

As he marched through the Zeltivan streets, his hand tightened around his bag. Inside was a map he had recently procured. It was intriguing indeed. An island in Matthews Bay, possibly mineral rich, possibly even a hiding place for treasure. Smugglers often hid their riches in such discrete places.

Marcus had the manpower and the money to fund a small voyage out to this island, and inspect its worth. And that was what he intended to do.

Reaching the house he had been heading towards, he knocked on the door hurriedly. When it opened, he smiled at the woman standing in the doorway. A friend. A rich friend. A rich friend with Sailor's Guild connections - and the possibility of arranging a vessel for this little treasure hunt.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Back at work! (Paragon)

Postby Nai'shee on February 1st, 2012, 4:04 pm

A man turned to the house and knocked. A woman in noble clothes opened with the smile on her face. Her expressions said: 'I've been waiting for you'. For a moment man seemed like holding his bag tighter, like he was afraid of that moment of weakness while focusing on her. Nai'shee passed just behind him, pretending to take a curious sight for one moment and then kept looking her own business with hands in her pockets. She heard high-pitched voice of maiden congratulating the man on something.

She walked normally, focusing on stupid things we usually find incredible when we take a walk alone - a bird on a tree, green bush in the middle of the winter... wait, why was there a green... Oh, God, focus, she told herself. She thought it will probably be suspicious if she turns before she reaches the corner, so she ignored the fact voices disappeared and kept walking. When she actually reached the corner she turned left and waited for a couple of minutes and then hurried back to that house, hoping it's unlocked which would make her job a lot easier.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Back at work! (Paragon)

Postby Paragon on February 2nd, 2012, 5:31 pm

Eva motioned for her serving boys to take Marcus' coat and bag into the foyer, before she and Marcus went up stairs to the small but tidy reception room. Sunlight filtered in through the bay window, and they could see the docks through the glass.

"I gather the basics," Eva said, sitting down beside the window. She motioned for another servant to begin serving them tea, especially brought in from the last Syliras shipment. "you require a vessel, and men, to head to this... island?"

Marcus nodded, laughing so that his double chin shook with the exertion. "Exactly, my lady. I have come into possession of a map. The map is possibly of smuggler origin, and marks a small island out in Mathew's Bay. There could be great riches hidden there... and the more I think about it, the more I get excited. There has been a lot of treasure hunting in Lisnar recently, hsn't there? What if one of the treasure hunters buried his finds on the island to keep it away from the perils of the city?"

And as Marcus explained his story, Nai'shee crept into the house. She had to be careful to avoid the servants, of which there were five who often walked around the house. And through several corridors and rooms, she would find the foyer, and the bag that contained the map.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Back at work! (Paragon)

Postby Nai'shee on February 3rd, 2012, 3:09 pm

Nai'shee entered the house, slowly closing the door. First sight told her it was a house many would kill for. It was definitely the type of the house she would live in too. It was colored in beautiful variation of yellow, with wooden furniture, colored in some dark brown, reddish color. It probably looked too formal for her taste, but nobody could dispute pleasantness of this place. Quiet steps a bit further in the house reminded her she needs to be very careful. She hid behind a piece of furniture, slowly analyzing her opportunities. The house was big, the corridor she was in was long, with the line of doors on one side and stairway on the other. For a place like this, it didn't seemed as they put things guests were bringing on a random place, so she was glad she didn't have to search rooms too. At the end of this part of corridor it turned both to left and right, which made her wonder if she will find a place at all.

She saw a piece of a dress, the black and white one, which seemed like maid uniform, peaking curiously at her from the corner. She suddenly stopped her walk, so Nai'shee quickly hid completely, without looking anymore. Her heart was beating faster then usually, and she couldn't surpass breathing loudly, so she tried her best to breath out slower. She was afraid that she was noticed, but voices echoing in a long corridor explained sudden pause in maid's walk. She forced her Djed in her legs, in case she was detected she has to be ready to jump up and run fastest she could.

"Have you done all the tasks I gave you?", asked a deep manly voice coming from a direction she saw maid in. Her voice spoke without any confidence, like she was afraid, even if answer was affirmative. She knew no peoples except The Lady lived in this house, so why would he order her? He might be part of family in visit, but yet.

"Great. Then come and help me in kitchen."

His answer explained a situation to Nai'shee. He was probably a family butler. She heard approaching footsteps, but then they opened and closed some door. They are going to be there for a while, probably, and the fact he asked her to help gave Nai'shee information that other servants, if they were here, were busy or at least not int he part of the house he came from. She stood up and quickly checked drawers of a dresser she was behind. Man's bag wasn't there, it was just bunch of accessories which maiden probably wore when going out. She passed all the doors, without even trying to enter. It was too dangerous and the bag probably wasn't there anyways. Pantry below stairs was empty, and clean, without the littlest piece of dirt. She didn't have time to think why would somebody keep pantry empty, she just proceed to the corner and checked both sides. It was empty. She quickly turned right, the direction butler came from and took a fast sight. There were only one door which probably led to living room or a library, considering the size. There wasn't any place to hide a bag there.

She sighted, turning around. At the other side of corridor there was a foyer, perfectly obvious place for something like that to be. It was side by side with hanger. Man's cloak was on hanger, so it meant the bag must be in foyer. But the corridor was long, and if somebody was in one of rooms she will be easily noticed if they exited. She peaked behind a wall, thinking what she should do.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Back at work! (Paragon)

Postby Paragon on February 4th, 2012, 12:06 am

Marcus had his coat brought up to the room, and shrugged it over his fat stomach. He placed the empty teacup on the table and said his thanks to Lady Eva.

"I assume I will receive a generous cut for my troubles?" she asked with a smile.

He nodded, laughing so his chins shook. "Of course, of course. More than a generous cut, for a fine lady such as yourself. And now, I must be off. I remember where the foyer is, I'll let myself out."

Eva nodded politely, "as you wish. Inform me of any changes. I will have the vessel waiting at the docks by sunset tomorrow."

Marcus nodded and began to descend the stairs, taking them slowly, one at a time. It would be most unfortunate if he fell down the stairs and broke his neck at this stage.

Shooing overzealous servants away, Marcus made his way towards the foyer to retrieve his bag - and the map.

Little did he know, a thief was trying to retrieve it too. And she stood only a heartbeat away.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Back at work! (Paragon)

Postby Nai'shee on February 12th, 2012, 11:23 am

OOCSorry it took me so long to answer, but I really couldn't figure what to do.xD

Nai'shee just stood there, frozen. She heard sharp footsteps and she heard long breaths man made, but she didn't turn around. She pretended not to notice. If she turns around he'll just scream or try to catch her, but like this he'll probably just sneak behind... She couldn't breath. If she was caught in big property like this one was she would end up in jail immediately. And of all the times this was not the time to be imprisoned. She couldn't see corridor properly anymore, but she was aware she concluded there were no windows. This house seemed to be specially designed against her. All of these thoughts waved trough her mind in just one moment and she knew what she had to do.

Concentrating Djed she run straight to stupid foyer. She assumed she'll have few seconds of man's confusion to pick map and do something, anything. Foyer had two drawers, and, of course, bag was in second. First one was empty. She wanted to take out just map, but now there was no time for searching, and she was noticed, so it wouldn't make a difference. She heard man's voice yelling about thief and she just entered first door planning to escape trough window.

Luckily for her, the room was bedroom, so she immediately locked door and headed for her way out. Unluckily for her in next moment she noticed sound of water coming from bathroom. She hurried to open window, hoping she won't have to fight.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Back at work! (Paragon)

Postby Paragon on February 13th, 2012, 11:56 am

OOCNo worries, but remember that's the fun of quests and moderated threads - they may sometimes be a challenge!

Marcus came round the corner and nearly stumbled over. A girl. An urchin wench. She stood there, holding his bag! And then she rushed off, past him down the corridor and into a room.

"Thief!" he shouted, suddenly feeling quite out of breath. "There's a thief!"

Servants emerged, looking bewildered.

"Don't gawp! She went in that room!"

Marcus waddled as fast as he could up the hallway, pushing the useless serving men and women aside to try and get to the room the girl had gone into. She couldn't have gotten far.

"My map, my blasted map," he cursed, trying to shove the door open. It was locked from the inside. He cried out and tried to elbow it, pushing the force of his body against the door. It rocked. The servants watched in seeming terror.

He shoved again, and this time fell right into the room, smashing into the floor. There was someone in the bathroom, he could hear running water. So he pushed that door open too.

A woman stood before him. Eva's daughter. She screamed, rushing out of the shower in her towel and running down the hallway to cover her modesty. Marcus panted, cheeks flushing.

And then a cold breeze hit him, and he noticed the open window. She had escaped out of that. And she had gotten the better of him for now. "Sound the alarm!" he called to the servants, "get the Zeltivan Watch on her trail, I want my map!"
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Back at work! (Paragon)

Postby Nai'shee on February 13th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Run. Hide.

Her mind was empty in desperate cry for physical strength. She escaped the building, but that man is going to call the guardians, and even if she escape them she will be spotted. He haven't recognized her, nor he will be able to tell them her traits properly, he saw her only from behind. Still, she was afraid somebody could remember little homeless girl picking everyone's attention. When she was out of building she quickly decided for this direction, the mountains. She didn't know if it was smarter to go sought, for dock's and possible protection of her customer or north, the wilderness she could stand for a while until danger passes. She decided for wilderness, afraid that she might be trapped at docks if she headed there. Now she was running with all she got, using Flux from time to time, but trying to rest body as well. Her legs already hurt, even from normal running and she cursed herself for being in situation like this. Maybe acting wasn't such a bad idea after all...

Once she reached mountains and forest she started climb uphill, she had to hold onto trees sometimes, it was too hard. She couldn't stop, they could find her. Nobody would remember to search here for a child for a simple reason, no child would dare to come this deep into forest. It reminded her there was a reason to it and she froze, looking for every tiny sound, and there was, of course, plenty of sounds here. She knew she would never be able to fight huge animal like that, at least without getting badly hurt. She sighted, sitting at the ground without a clue about what just happened. She couldn't see the city from dark trees covering everything in front of her and the only reminder of what just happened was deadly pain in her legs. That's why she hated this power.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Back at work! (Paragon)

Postby Paragon on February 14th, 2012, 9:51 am

Marcus slumped in defeat as he looked out at the street. "That damned girl," he cursed, "dirty little thief." His map was gone with her, and his chances of the treasure. Mathew's Bay was large, and though he could vaguely remember the map, they would never find the exact location without it physically in front of him. It was not always a safe bay to navigate.

He had alerted the Watch but they reported to him - they had not seen the girl at all, only a sighting of a young woman running at an almost inhuman speed. He wondered if this had been planned, but he did not dwell on it. He waddled back home, hoping a large dinner would make him feel better.

For Nai'shee, she collapsed in the wilderness, legs pained by her overuse of Flux. Though she held back tears, the bag was clasped in her hands, the map of the treasure isle contained inside. Her skills in thievery were improving, and despite being caught, her escape's were becoming more daring and successful.

She unravelled the map and looked down at the island, smiling. There, she thought, got you.

OOCWe can finish this one off there if you'd like? If you wanted to, we could continue the treasure island story at a later date :) PM me if you're happy for me to finish up and grade, and if you want to continue, that's fine too.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Next