[Exploring by night] (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [Exploring by night] (open)

Postby Jecon on March 26th, 2010, 11:28 pm

"Follow me," Jecon said, "I hear The Rearing Stallion has a good menu, or would you prefer to eat elsewhere?"
Jecon
King of Kirhana

Words: 13110
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2010, 4:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Eris on March 26th, 2010, 11:48 pm

“Fine by me,” said Eris as she began to walk in the general direction of The Rearing Stallion. She walked in silence for a while until her original mission came into her head. There were times when she forgot that the reason she set out on her own was to gather information about her father. Might as well ask about him now. “Tell me,” she said, “Have you ever heard of a man by the name Locke? I presume he would have the reputation of a thief around these parts.”
Eris
...in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock...

Words: 171398
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 1:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jecon on March 27th, 2010, 1:33 am

Jecon strode along beside her as he pondered her question, "I am new around here and have not heard of a man by that name, but when I was younger a man came through my town and later I hear him refereed to as Locke, although he might have been a different man." After answering, Jecon let the conversation fall into a comfortable silence on his part, until they reached the tavern, where he quickly moved forward and opened the door, standing aside to let Eris enter first.
Jecon
King of Kirhana

Character sheet

Postby Eris on March 27th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Eris’s mind was racing as she stepped through the door, barely noticing her surroundings. It’s been so long since she heard anything remotely useful about her father’s whereabouts. Granted, this information was a few years old, but she could still work with it. The smart thing to do now was not too push or the man might get suspicious. The last thing she wanted to do was explain her life story to a stranger. Eris sat down at an out-of-the-way corner table, lost in her thoughts and waited for her companion to speak.
Eris

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jecon on March 28th, 2010, 1:18 am

Jecon seemed about to ask something, then decided not to, thenasked, "what would you like to drink with your meal, ale, beer, or water?"
Jecon
King of Kirhana

Character sheet

Postby Eris on March 28th, 2010, 1:24 am

"Water will be fine, thank you," Eris spoke absentmindedly, still lost in memories and plans for the future. She felt like she was forgetting something terribly important and it was bothering her to no end. With a sigh, she broke away from her thoughts and looked up at the man sitting across from her. "I'm sorry, were you going to say something?"
Eris

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jecon on March 28th, 2010, 1:21 pm

Jecon shook his head, "Nothing of consequence." He ordered their meals and drinks, water for, water for him. The silence stretched on until their food came and they dug in.
Jecon
King of Kirhana

Character sheet

Postby Eris on March 29th, 2010, 5:55 pm

Eris ate slowly, her mind still heavy with thoughts. Finally, she asked, “This man who came through your town, how did he look? Did he have any distinguishing traits?” It was a long shot, but Eris couldn’t just not follow up on a lead.
Eris

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jecon on March 29th, 2010, 6:24 pm

Jecon chewed his food as he thought back to when the man had passed through, after a few mouthfuls he said, "Well I didn't see him that I... No... wait, two days after he had come to town my father sent me on an errand to the tanners. On my way there I saw a man in black leather disappear behind the jewelers, he was medium height, 5'11", had fire red hair, and had pail skin." Jecon sat back chewed through another mouthful, "As I recall it was a day later he vanished from town, and everyone seemed rather upset. When I asked my father he said 'It ain't none of your business' so I left the subject alone. Now I tell it, I remember something that really stood out to me, he had a silver eyebrow. It was his right eyebrow, was I able to help?"
Jecon
King of Kirhana

Character sheet

Postby Eris on March 30th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Eris bit the inside of her lip, mulling over what she’d just heard. If the man was telling the truth - and what reason would he have for lying – then that was Locke. Or at least a man matching Joel’s description of Locke to a tee. The red hair, the pale skin… Everything rang true except for the eyebrow. Joel had never mentioned that, but then again, Locke was said to be a master of disguise. If he had needed a silver eyebrow for some reason, it would be quiet easy for him to acquire one. And for Locke to leave the residents of a town upset, probably after a heist… Well, that sounded just like him.

“You’ve helped immensely,” Eris said, gulping down the remainder of her water. “Any way I can repay the favor? And information you need?”
Eris

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext