[Flashback]The Sands of My Past(Solo)

This thread tells of the training Thalj goes through with his new Master Jlaht, a merchant in Ahnatep that purchases him from the slave market for 500 mizas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

[Flashback]The Sands of My Past(Solo)

Postby Thalj on February 7th, 2012, 7:57 pm

People often say that the first memories of any child is the face of their parents gazing down upon them with pride, warmth and love. However how can that be when so many children are left orphaned by the hardships that litter the world as one knows it? I hold no memories of kindness, love, pride or admiration from my parents. I remember the look of sadness upon my mother’s vessel as she held me in her arms before I was ripped away and passed off to a man I would later learn was my jailer.

And while my mother nursed me to the proper health and strength that I might start my way in life as a healthy Kelvic, it was the man that owned her and my father that ended up training me so I might be sold into a life of servitude. And so my true memories of happiness, pride, warmth and love began the day I was taken home by the man that I would come to call Master, the merchant known to others as Jlaht. This is the tale that started it all for me

Timestamp: 90th of Spring, 510 AV

Day 1 of a new life
Location/Setting: The Slave Market
Time of Day: Early Morning

Golden rays of sun had shown in that morning as the sun had risen to its early morning hour marks, awakening the young Kelvic to what would be the start of a whole new day and life for him. He had been brought to the Slave Market the night before as his slaver had informed him it was now time he earned his mark, which of course had meant that Thalj, who at the time really had no name other than White Cub, was to be solve off for as much mizas as they could work out of the crowd. The Slaver was hoping for a high price given the rarity of the Kelvic’s fur if not species.

Removed from the holding pit or pen, Thalj was lead over to the Undertakers, who looked upon him with judging eyes, trying to figure out how to adorn him. However upon learning that he was a Kelvic and one of a rare form they soon placed simple cloth skirt like wrap around his waist something that could be removed easily, and then lined his eyes with a charcoal coloring to accent his icy azure eyes. From here the young muscular man was led over to the auction block and his time came up, the slaver that was still his owner stood off to the side, his arms crossed watching the proceedings.

Next up we have a nice healthy young Kelvic just turned three years old so is beyond that mindless mimic train of thought that those younger than three years often show signs of. He is trainable and seeks to please even if a bit lazy during the afternoon hours of a day. This is because the young man is a lion,” Nizam informed the crowd and with the info that the slave up for auction was actually that of a lion many people began to murmur with either themselves or those standing next to them, partners most likely. One of those that were interested was a merchant of some wealth known among the people of Ahnatep as Jlaht, a human that had moved into the city around the age of a young man to make his fortune and fame.

Nizam signaled to the guards that pushed Thalj forward a bit and told him to change his shape. Having been trained to do as he was told, even if he didn’t like it, the Kelvic shifted from his human form into that of the beast whose fur was almost as white as snow, the mane of an adolescent lion adorned his head as crystalline blue eyes peered out at the crowd that was now gasping in awe at his unique coloring. However he was not made to hold this form for very long as they sought to show off more of the young man’s more human sculpted physical features. The Auctioneer continued on with his information that had been written down for him.

And as you can see unlike many lions his fur is as white as the snow of Northern Mizahar, while still holding on to the ice crystals trapped within his eyes. This young Kelvic is healthy and strong, perfect for any kind of jobs one might see fit for him. Be it a pit fighter though some training will be greatly required, a servant of the house doing simple tasks like cooking and cleaning, or even that of a pleasure servant. The young man has some meager knowledge in the skills of cooking, gardening and even that of massage.

Fine yet strong hands ladies and gentlemen and as you can also see now, a fine man for more sexual explorations such as breeding of Kelvics or even as a body to keep the bed and rugs warm at night. So let’s begin the bidding at forty five mizas, remember folks this young man has great potential in so many fields that he will surely earn back his new master or mistress the mizas they put forth here today for him
.” Nizam hoped to get high marks for him as well.

The bidding was soon a war as calls from different locations within the market were shouted out hoping to be the final bid for the beast. Thalj was left standing without the white wrap that had once been placed around his waist, as this went on. There were calls for the asked price and then prices that jumped as much as thirty mizas between each number, but it was finally a call from Jlaht himself that silenced those attending the auction.

Five hundred mizas.” This caught the auctioneer’s attention as his hammer was slammed down sounding the end of the auction, “Sold! To the merchant Jlaht.” It was with those words that Thalj was led off the auction block, to a section of the slave market where his new master could collect him after paying Nizam for the Kelvic. Thalj was dressed simply as a collar was placed around his neck and he was guided out to where Jlaht was waiting. The two left the Slave Market behind as they strolled through the crowded streets towards the merchant’s fairly grand home. As he walked behind his master, Thalj who was renamed Keyena, wondered what kind of tasks he would be asked to partake in from now on.
Thalj
The White Lion of Mizahar, Xavior's heater

Words: 14539
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2012, 7:45 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes