Aleka's Little Hideaway [Scrapbook]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Aleka on January 25th, 2012, 11:16 am

First Start To A New Adventure
First time scrapbooker!

So this shall be the first post in my lovely little scrapbook. I'll do my best to post in here when I remember I have it lol and I think maybe it'll keep people in chat from going nuts as I yak on and on about my puppy dog's stunts and whatnot. So if you follow this then YAY to me for being interesting enough to follow :lol: Now on to the vitals or RL stats of the writer behind Aleka and maybe future characters.

Vitals of the Woman behind the mad minds
Name: Christine
Nicknames: Chris or Cali (story behind this lol)
Birth-date: March 31st, 1983
Nationality: American (Okie)
Interests: Computer artwork (Digital stuff), Paintings, Video gaming, Role-playing, Writing, Music (mostly Country and artists like PCDs, Pink etc), Movies (Sci-fi, Horror, Action, Comedy, some Dramas/Chick flicks), Reading, Gena Showalter's Series Lords of the Underworld, Pizza, Sushi, Seafood, Italian, Chocolate, Butterscotch, Sex on the beach drinks, Cats, Dogs, Wild Big Cats, Horses, Wolves and Dragons

Annoyances: Liars, Backstabbers, Manipulators, Bullies, Racists, People that are very close minded and thus are cruel towards those that are different then them (be it because of race, gender, religion, or sexual partners), Abusive people (to people/animals, physically, emotionally, or verbally), Drama Queens/Kings, ME! People (People that do things on purpose to stay in the limelight as soon as someone else gets it)

Okay so I have a lot of annoyances :ninja:
----------------------------------------------------

Notes:

Feel free to reply to any of the scrapbooking I do.
I like pretty things, funny things so if you find something pretty, is cute or funny (like a puppy image) then go ahead and post it.
I LOVE LOLZCats from I hazcheeseburger but would rather get things like that in PMs so as not to spam either Mizahra or my scrapbook.
I also rp on another two sites and own Skyrim so I might not always post here or to my rps so just realize for me RL does come before a game (be it a video game or an RP one no matter how much I love and am addicted to Mizahra now)
Also given I'm living in India, I'm often online while you folks are asleep, and vice versa so feel free to either PM me or add one of my messager names to your buddy list... just be sure to PM to let me know you did it otherwise I will delete it when I log in and see the strange name :D
Last edited by Aleka on January 31st, 2012, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
These are my Thoughts,
These are my Common Speech,
And these are my Fratava Speech.
Aleka
Player

Words: 13969
Joined roleplay: January 19th, 2012, 2:54 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Aleka on January 29th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Bored, Tired, and Feeling Dumb
Ever wonder why you do things?

So this last week has basically been one of those times that makes me wonder why i even try. I am greatful to Cade for showing me Mizahar, I am, given I am a staff member on a board (well two actually) and I swear I feel for Goss and the admins on this other site I help out on. I have come to respect the stressful situations they have to often deal with, with idiots that think just cause the 'boss' isn't around in the 'office' they can be well the idiots they are. Now I've had to deal with playing ref on this other site and I swear there are times I want to tell the idiots to get off the net before someone figures out how to reach through a computer screen and strangle them! (I know I would if it was physically possible... that or bitch slap some sense into them :disgust: )

Anyway now that i have Mizahar I find myself coming here more often to be around the people that honestly seem more mature then the pack back at the other site. Mizahar is not only a vacation spot for my muse but for me as well. Because of that I thank not only Goss, the Staff and founders but also those that have welcomed me into the 'pack' that is Mizahra. I greatly need this place more then I realized. Once again it seems Cade knew just what I needed and when (given he ims me out of the blood and then shares the link to miza around the time I was ready to give up rping on the net for good)

Though I got to say, I hate feeling like a newbie all over again, while trying to learn this stuff for Mizahar. :lol: case in point, Character Concept. I have been a member I think for a few days maybe a week (not sure lol) and yet to this very night I was totally dumbfounded as to what Character Concept really was. After all it varies from CS to CS. Thankfully once again Chat to the rescue... actually those that were in there... cleared it up. So kudos again to the members of Mizahar... you are now my new addiction |:) :thumbsup:
Last edited by Aleka on January 29th, 2012, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These are my Thoughts,
These are my Common Speech,
And these are my Fratava Speech.
Aleka
Player

Words: 13969
Joined roleplay: January 19th, 2012, 2:54 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Eridanus on January 29th, 2012, 3:31 pm

Hooray!
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Jarah Sulayman on February 13th, 2012, 10:52 am

The Brain Behind The PCs
A look into the woman behind it all

Photographs Litter The Floor
Me and the Hubbie
Me, the Husband and the Pup
Bathtime for Puppy... and husband. :lol:
Baby practice with Puppy Baby
Our Little yet roomy Car (it's called a Nano XL)
A week after Rescuing Puppy (whose name is Orion cause we originally thought she was a he)

The adventure behind the woman known as Chris

So many times while in chat I am asked the question how or why I, an American born, bred, and raised came to be living in India. So instead of always answering this question in chat, I finally break down and write the tale here.

The tale begins in Oklahoma in the year of 2006, I was playing the MMO known as Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) as a ranger elf and was looking for a group to join for a few raiding quests in the game. I just so happen to end up in what is known as a PUG (Pick up group) with a dwarf whose name was Abhimanyu (Abhi for short) and some of his guild mates/friends. Well to shorten this part a bit we ended up friends then dated before I moved out to California to live with him. It was during the year of 2007 that we were then finally united as husband and wife. YAY for this part of the tale!.

Now this is where it really gets interesting, you see my husband is half Indian (India Indian) and had been planning for a few years now to return to his father's homeland of Northern India in the very year of 2007. I knew this when we met and married and thus didn't mind going with him. Sadly we lost his father two months before we had been scheduled to move. So we still went on with the plan of moving so that he (my husband) could take over the land that belonged to him (willed to him by his grandfather) and to take care of his step-mother and half-sister who were left in the village.

Now you see the other interesting thing is that my husband's family a great great I think great grandfather founded the village (owned the land it started out on) and so do to this his descendants are viewed as hot shots in the village, almost like princes among teh village people. It's been an interesting adventure to go from a little farmgirl no body in the USA, to the wife of a man whose ancestor helped founded a whole village! we can't go anywhere in the village or the near by town without people stopping him to talk to him or shake his hand. :lol:

But there you go the tale of how I came to be a house wife of a farm house in Northern India. :D
Jarah Sulayman
Player

Words: 18837
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 4:55 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cyllena Tarnarath on March 19th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Headaches and Questions
Wondering why certain things happen

So I was given the lovely gift today of a headache thanks to my puppy dog, Orion. I swear that dog has more issues then should be healthily possible! I get she's a runt and was a street dog before we *coughsmecoughs* picked her up outside the hospital where my OB/GYN works at but this stuff she's taken to doing since becoming a 5 to 6 month old dog is getting ANNOYING! She whimpers, whines and basically goes nuts with barking and trying to leap out of her harness and leash any time she can't see my husband. And today had to surely top the cake.

My husband gets a call from his cousin/brother that his uncle's dog is bleeding and the servants don't know what to do. So being the good man he is he leaves the house with his family member to take the dog to a vet to see what is wrong. Well to keep our dog safe since he didn't know when he would be back, the hubbie brings the pup in and puts her in the back yard... where no sooner is my husband gone then the dog proceeds to once again do her insanity barking, whimpering, whining and even throwing herself into the screen of the back doors! Finally the husband came home and she was still doing this until he spanked her for being bad... you see I couldn't get up to do it as I'm on bed rest due to a few premature labor scares I've suffered from.

Alas to top this all off... the dog he took to the vet was actually nothing more then an older female dog going through her 'season' or heat cycle. Stupid servants you'd think they would have realized that given how long they've been around that particular dog -_-.

Anyway on to the list of things I have to do on Mizahar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jarah:
  • Start a new thread in the current season

Thalj:

Cyllena:
  • try and think up a new thread for the season in Sunberth
Common Tongue: Speech, Thoughts
Locations: Pre-Spr 512 AV - Ravok; 1st-48th Spr 512 AV - Sunberth, 78th - 91st Spr 512 AV, The Spires
Cyllena Tarnarath
Player

Words: 21008
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2012, 9:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cyllena Tarnarath on April 1st, 2012, 12:16 pm

Annoyance
Why can't people be original?

How I feel right now.

So normally I don't try to rant about things especially to friends, however there are times one just can't take something any more and feels like exploding. So to those in Chat or that I have IM conversations with and have already ranted about this to you, sorry for annoying you but Thank you for putting up with me for a little while. It helps me from losing control and saying F this and walking away from something I love doing just because of a few idiots don't have an original bone in their damn bodies.

Now I understand being inspired by another writer's characters or story ideas/plots. Then taking that inspiration to go and make a character for yourself, however when you either by accident or bluntly copy/rip off that character, story idea/ plots it's just stupid on your part. I have seen so many people not just here but other rp places take a character and bluntly carbon copy or what I call Twinizing from the character of a movie, game, or book. And honestly it's sad even if some people think that copying/imitation is the best form of flattery. For me its about sad and insulting.

I mean here I am a writer/artist that takes time to try my best to work out an original idea or concept for a character. Yes I might get inspired by something but I always do my damnest to put my own original spin to the inspiration. I mean to work hard on a PC (hours, days or more) only to come back and find that someone has taken either all of my PC's form or a part of mine and other people's PCs to make their 'new' PC. Be it from using the same Avatar, a previous avatar a PC might have used, a PC's personality, History etc. I mean is it really that hard to try and come up with something yourself? I mean if it's an accident that's one thing, but if it's clear it is a blunt carbon copy of a PC or some copy and paste together 'Frankenstein' deal ... ask yourself why are you doing that?

To me people that do things like that because they can't think of something up that hasn't been done, are either seeking attention from another specific writer, in to much of a hurry to write on a site or just to lazy to take the time and thus hard work it takes to make an original character. I mean come on you wouldn't want to rip off your favorite writer only for them to find out and then come after you for copyright infringement would you? So I guess my opinion of people that rip from other people and claim something is originally theirs either need to get some advice (help) or get off the site/networks.

Okay so that's the end of my rant... just hope I didn't bore people or make people hate me or rather dislike me... normally I do try to keep this kind of thing or my 'issues' to myself.
Common Tongue: Speech, Thoughts
Locations: Pre-Spr 512 AV - Ravok; 1st-48th Spr 512 AV - Sunberth, 78th - 91st Spr 512 AV, The Spires
Cyllena Tarnarath
Player

Words: 21008
Joined roleplay: February 19th, 2012, 9:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook