A Chance Meeting [Nai'shee]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Seto on February 10th, 2012, 5:13 pm

Timestamp: 23rd of Winter, 511 AV

The brisk morning air of the Zelvitan docks was something to savour. The freshest of fresh they were, carrying the rich smell of the sea with it and resonating a crisp, oceanic scent throughout most of the whole city. It was a gorgeous morning and the sound of dock work filled everyone's ears. Despite it being the Winter season, the sun was surprisingly warm this day, although it was majorly hindered by the freezing wind that the coastline brought in. Yet certain the patches of sunlight that resided behind buildings often gave a comforting sensation of warmth.

A fierce and delicious linger of marine aroma flared the nostrils of Seto the Mad as yet another grand fishing ship came into the dock, the crew readying themselves for a seafood delivery. Casually, Seto lay vertically over a bench nearby the docks, upside-down with his legs crossed neatly in the air and his head resting just above the ground. In his hands was a book of some sort of philosophy, which he seemed to be studying carefully despite the fact that, from his position, it was backwardly held. His long, slender figure made him appear, from this angle, almost skeletal, yet most seemed to pay no mind to the obscure gentleman who had been frequenting these docks and Zeltiva itself for over a year now.

He had come to love this place and love living there. The docks presented him with delicious smells, the nearby fish markets, as plentiful as they were, satisfying the hunger that the scents had brought on. The university was a fountain of knowledge; a constant resource of words and wisdom. Seto's travels had taught him much throughout his life, but he felt that the next stage of his study was just beginning. Zeltiva could cater for exactly what he wanted.
Seto
Seto the Mad

Words: 8845
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2011, 12:51 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nai'shee on February 13th, 2012, 2:25 pm

"Philosophy?", she asked looking at the book mad held. She had no idea who he was, but pure act of reading book about philosophy confused her. Do people like that really exist? "What's interesting about that?", she added. She actually barely knew what philosophy was, but for her it led only to boring conversation and trying to convince the other person you're right with complicated, "philosophic", sentences. But yet, she was, as always, curious to find out more to it. Maybe there was something she didn't understand completely.

Up until now it was just a ordinary winter morning for her. She finally had some money and stuff so she really tried to concentrate at her studies. She was afraid she won't understand Navigation well enough, it was the hardest of three subjects she studied. This man here might be student as well, so it will be nice if she meets him. He might teach her something interesting or meet her with more students. And she liked his careless attitude, the way he lied on the bench relaxed, enjoying another beautiful Zeltiva morning. She wasn't morning type, in the morning she would usually sleep to be well rested for night jobs, but yet, she would always agree morning was the most beautiful part of the day in Zeltiva. Everybody would act so hard working, checking their fishing nets or preparing boats for sail. Shops were full of people willing to get best pieces before they're sold out. There was always that, almost annoying, smell of fish in the air. It was, of course, main food in city like Zeltva is.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Seto on February 13th, 2012, 8:56 pm

Seto raised his book slightly above his vision to reveal the intrigued girl before him. He gave a slightly curious look, his vision slightly obscured by the morning sunlight, which caused him to squint a little.
"Quite a lot, little lady," he replied as he did some kind of seemingly awkward and uncomfortable back roll off of the bench into a straight stand on his feet. "Only when we learn of different individual's opinions on the world, and manage to create our own also, do we begin to obtain greater cognition and perspicacity into our very independent yet, all things considering, very insignificant macrocosm." As he delivered this overly - and somewhat unnecessarily - flamboyant monologue to the girl, which almost sounded like song, he strutted about in motions that appeared to almost mimic some form of dance. "We also manage to gain further insight into ourselves. A powerful thing, be philosophy, yes sir. Seto, at your most humblest and mumblest of services." He gave a low, extravagant bow as he introduced himself. He cared not for the immediate intrusion brought upon him during his reading time; he often welcomed and relished in new company. New people were so interesting.
Seto
Seto the Mad

Character sheet

Postby Nai'shee on February 13th, 2012, 9:16 pm

As the man raised from the bench, interested in her, she almost got scared. He seemed much shorter while lying down. His way of explaining philosophy was pretty... philosophic. However, she just began to understand why is it needed. She remembered countless times she couldn't really say what she meant in a way good enough for someone to understand her point of view. It was powerful, after all, philosophy was what finally made her start studying at University.

"Pleasure to meet you, it's Nai'shee", she responded with the same bow and a fake arrogant smile. "Future greatest sailor of Mizahar, hopefully." Her usual introduction, which she used for two things since she realized people actually have reactions at what she does. First one was to see how many of them could like a dreamer as herself, and second one is to realize how formal the talk is. She decided to consider apology for interrupting him after she gets those two informations.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Seto on February 13th, 2012, 9:54 pm

"Hah! Young ambition!!" exclaimed the madman loudly in a positive manner. "I like it!!!" The 'I' was prolonged to as long a period as possible before he said the rest of the sentence. A smile stretched on his face at amusement of her goal. It was commendable, if it was legitimate. In his mind, having a goal at all times is important in order to get the most out of life. The smile, however, perhaps appeared more twisted and devilish than he intended. Not that he could help it, he was just far too excitable and eccentric to take notice of how he appeared, other than his adoration for his bizarre custom-tailored suit which visually mirrored his own insanity.
"So I must ask, little lady," he continued, repeating his initial nickname for her. "What intrigues you most about philosophy, hmm? And what brings you to Zeltiva? Or be you one who resides here such as myself?"
Seto
Seto the Mad

Character sheet

Postby Nai'shee on February 13th, 2012, 10:47 pm

As they continued to talk this person reminded her more of herself. When he smiled at her it seemed a little unnaturally, but every friendly smile had the same meaning to her, no matter how it looked like. By now she almost lost faith in her dream, somehow, subconsciously, but she will never accept such a defeat. Even if it takes 50 years she'll make it somehow. She started to like repeated nickname, little lady, so she smiled at it the second time he brought it up. Little lady, indeed. Just person who barely know her could give her such a nickname, and she hoped it would last.

"Philosophy, hmm? Well, to be honest, I'm not really interested in philosophy. But I just realized there are too many things I don't know how to express... It is intriguing, I guess." After she thought about it a bit she reminded herself to think about practicing or something, if nothing more. "And about Zeltiva... I'm here as long as I remember. It's weird we haven't met just yet if you're here for a long while."
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Seto on February 14th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Seto gave a nod in acknowledgement, appearing, for once, slightly more relaxed as he mused on her words.
"It can be an interesting and beneficial way of life, to study ideology and whatnot. Perhaps one day you will gain greater interest in it, hmmm? However!" He continued, his mood once more jumping up into a bright, energetic spirit. "It seems that your passion is sailing, am I right? I admit, I know nothing about that, but I have travelled a lot." He shuffled about flamboyantly for a few moments, spinning in a circle on the spot before continuing. "I have only been living here for just over a year. I originally hail from Nyka, and as I said I have travelled all over, hence my mixed accent, y'see!" He spoke in a joyous voice, every so often a word being emphasised in an awkward and unnecessary manner.
Seto
Seto the Mad

Character sheet

Postby Nai'shee on February 19th, 2012, 3:47 pm

For her, of all things she said, only part about traveling was important. She quickly got excited to hear that, because she never actually traveled, at least not far from city. She have visited wilderness, mountains around it few times as well with sailing around Mathew's bay, but never any further from it.

"Did you really traveled a lot? Would you tell me more about places you visited?", she was so curious that it was obvious on her face. She imagined amazing cities, jungles, deserts, mountains and all of the races she barely seen or mythical beings she knew about. Or all of the Gods across Mizahar. It would be amazing to meet one. So, what was his adventure?
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Seto on February 19th, 2012, 6:47 pm

"Indeed I have, little lady, and indeed I shall!" Seto gave a small dance, or rather a spin, on the spot before continuing. "Although I'm not exactly sure where to start! I have been to many places, all of which are unique in their own right. I could be here for hours! So please, do take a seat!" He sat himself back down onto the bench, except instead of sitting in a conventional manner, sat atop the back of the bench, his feet on the area where one would normally sit.

"Where to start..." he began as he cast his mind back. "Well, when I was young, I travelled with a wise wizard called Ojour. He taught me the ability to use reimancy," he explained as he set a tiny flame spark in the centre of his palm, then quickly extinguished it. "We travelled mostly around the Syliras Domain. I tell you, waking up by the Avitar River, or atop mountains where a hoot! When I was twenty, after some... complications.. I travelled to Yahebah and regions close to it. Beautiful area, as long as ye know how to live out in those deserts! I learned much there, and stayed for ten years in fact! The Benshira people are brilliant. Great at parties!! After a while, I moved to Riverfall to live with the Akalaks, fantastic warriors, perhaps you know of them? I learned martial skill whilst living there. After that, I travelled all over consistently. I lived with many peoples; the Dhani, Charoda, heh, even a few Nuit! Interesting fellas, be the Nuit. Finally I decided to settle here in Zeltiva, for the moment at least!" By the time he had finished, he was standing up along the spine of the bench, his feet perfectly balanced as he used many flamboyant hand gestures to assist his story.

"How about yourself, little lady? Surely you must have a story also!" He jumped back down to his regular seat along the top of the bench and stared with an interested expression.
Seto
Seto the Mad

Character sheet

Postby Nai'shee on February 19th, 2012, 8:08 pm

When she was offered a seat, she sat, facing the man. She watched him and his enthusiasm while he spoke about what he have seen and liked. When he came to the point to show her reimancy she left a whistle, impressed. She knew about reimancy and she thought it was interesting, but she never actually saw someone using it. It would be awesome to be able to use such a thing, but yet she didn't feel like using more of her own Djed then this amount she spent on Flux.

Her interest and curiosity were dying while listening to man's story and looking at his gesticulation. She imagined all the places he mentioned, but she hadn't much knowledge about the world outside Zeltiva, so it was probably much more beautiful in her head with her childish imagination. "Yeah, I know", she answered at question about Akalak. "Wow, Nuits, like, those beings who changes bodies from the stories?", she was impressed. "And what are Dhani?"

"Well... I...", she paused for a while. Her imagination was on its' highest and she wanted to think of something interesting to say, but yet, she already classified this man as a future friend and lost twin brother who got too old for some reason, so it wasn't good if she makes up new life for somebody like that. She left a long sight. "My story isn't close as interesting, guess. I lived in Zeltiva as long as my memory goes, but I'm not originally from here, at least my dad thought so. I was adopted, you know, when I was one. My name is Nai'shee because that was how I answered when they asked me what's my name. I couldn't speak very well, so it was probably something more complicated, that seems like that. I was really happy. I never wanted to meet my real parents, even nor I remembered he wasn't my father from the beginning. He taught me everything I know and worked hard for me. He also taught me to use Flux.", after that he gave him a sight to see if he knows about that form of magic. "I always wanted to be great sailor. I think it's normal for Zeltivan kid to want that, but I want it even more than others. But I will never have enough money for my own boat and nobody wants to accept a woman female, still this young, human, without any outstanding ability, on his ship." She effectively gone around parts about her and her father's jobs and economical situation. She wondered how would story sound without that parts, but she couldn't imagine it. "He died when I was still pretty young, eight I think, so I'm on my own since then." She hoped to avoid every possible question about how's she doing on her own, but she knew it was almost impossible.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next