[Location] World's End Grotto

Zeltiva's ever popular inn.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Marx Eisenstahl on November 30th, 2013, 6:06 pm

75th of Autumn, 513 A.V.
It was a big, miss-matched building. It hunched in on itself, it's yellowed stones riddled with vines. It was ramshackle and untidy, with crooked walls and a large, stooping roof.

Marx stared up at the building with barely concealed tiredness. He needed to rest, he really did, but he wasn't sure he could afford an inn like this. He'd heard that this place was one of the cheapest places to stay in, but looking at it's homely rooms and food, Marx couldn't see how this could possibly be the case. He sighed, and looked up at the sign above it. The World's End Grotto. Not the most optimistically named inn, he had to admit. He pushed open the door and stepped inside.

The first thing he noticed was the cleanliness. The second thing he noticed was the secretary, a young girl in her twenties. He walked up to her,

"If I may ask, how much do you charge for a room for the night?" The girl looked up at him and smiled.

"Two silver mizas, sir. How long will you be staying?" Marx was surprised. True, two silvers were more than he had paid at Traveller's Row, but that had been in Syliras. He smiled for the first time in what felt like years, and told her he would be staying here indefinitely.
At first, you might think Marx Eisenstahl is merely a foot-soldier.
You could not be more correct.
Marx Eisenstahl
Defiled by huggles.

Words: 15126
Joined roleplay: November 3rd, 2013, 10:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jadlin Hayes on June 8th, 2014, 2:12 am

Jadlin Hayes

66th day of Summer, 514

The unloading had lasted through the night, so it was not until the grey dawn bells that Jad dragged himself up to the counter in hopes of finding an available room. His energy got a brief boost at the sight of the young woman attending the desk. She smiled, already well aware of the affect she was likely to have on a 21-year-old sailor. "Good morning, young sir. Are you in need of a room?"

He nodded wearily, the boost of attraction giving way to exhaustion again. "Indeed. In the worst way. When a smile like that fails to invigorate me with thoughts of romance, I must truly be wrung out. I am hoping to acquire board for the remainder of Summer." He let his expression convey his hopes for success.

"Well that is simple enough. Twenty-five days is a nice round figure." Serra answered. Jad suppressed a grin as his eyes dipped with thoughts of who else had a "nice round figure". He looked back up to find her smirking back at him and blushed slightly. "Two silver per day for the room will be five gold to finish the season. If you would like morning and evening meals as well, it comes to eight, seven and five, sir."

He fished out some coins and tossed her ten mizas. "You may keep the change in gratitude for your smile, and for putting up with my clumsy advances, Miss Serra. I don't believe I will be present to break fast. I will be up and out later, and I should be back in time for the evening meal. Thank you very much."

Her laugh was musical. "Oh you may rest assured that I have endured far clumsier advances that yours, mister..." She hesitated, awaiting a name.

"Jad...Jadlin Hayes. I guess I ought to ask for my change back, then." He paused just a moment before they both broke into easy laughter.

x
Last edited by Jadlin Hayes on August 1st, 2014, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jadlin Hayes - No Hurries, No Worries...
Jadlin Hayes
A Symphony of Synthesis

Words: 187030
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2014, 6:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Victor Cross on July 8th, 2014, 10:13 pm

Timestamp: 1st Summer 514 AV

Victor made his way through the streets of Zeltiva toward the docks. As he got closer he noticed men down at the ships unloading foodstuffs onto the dock. He had heard of a food shortage lately, and was glad they were able to get more supplies in.

It wasn't hard to spot the place he was looking for, the World's End Grotto. The inn just seemed to stand out. Like white against a black background. The place was in a bit of disrepair, the rocks stacked on top of each other with a roof and some stables slapped on it. It did have a welcoming atmosphere around it however, so Victor pressed on.

Walking inside, Victor found it a fairly nice place. There was a woman sitting at a quaint desk near the door, she looked up at victor with a warm smile that made Victor relax "Welcome to the World's End Grotto, how can I help you?" Victor stood there awkwardly for a moment before he could find the words he wanted to say. He smiled "Uh, I need one room, please" That wasn't so bad. "Wonderful! Its two silver mizas a day, how long would you like to stay?" "The entire season if I could" he reached into his bag, the sound of metal clinging against metal could be heard. He handed the appropriate coinage over to the woman. "Excellent. Just so you know, we serve breakfast at five copper mizas and a main meal for one silver mizas." Victors stomach rumbled at the thought of a nice meal "Ill definitely look into that, thank you." She smiled kindly "Enjoy your stay sir." with that victor made his way to his room.
Magic "Common" "Tukant" "NPC" Thoughts
Victor Cross
Knowledge is Power.

Words: 5419
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2014, 5:49 pm
Character sheet

Postby Saraphina Skyglow on July 14th, 2014, 2:57 am

Saraphina Skyglow

25th Day of Summer 514 AV

S araphina knew full well that she was beginning to get odd looks from the people passing her by. She didn’t care and her body language spoke volumes as such. The sea breeze from the ocean tickled her sensitive nose and brought the scents of the city to her olfactory organ. Fish, salt, rotting wood…..all of it was pushed to the back of her mind as she studied the quaint but slightly ramshackle looking building. Sarphina had been standing in front of the World’s End Grotto for several long minutes debating to herself on her choices. ‘Do I really want to stay in the city? It’s fascinating, so many new things I’ve never seen before……but….it so loud…..busy…..stifling. I would do just as well in the mountains……decisions, decisions.’ The fire haired Kelvic shifted uncomfortably as the sound of a horse drawn carriage rumbled by in the distance. So noisy….She sighed after a few more minutes of internal debate and shifted the laden backpack higher up onto her shoulders.

S araphina walked up to the Grotto with a cautious aura, subtly sniffing at the air and darting her eyes around. So many new faces, people she didn’t know, people she couldn’t trust. The Tigress Kelvic glanced in the windows of the main room. After a few moments, she opened the door and stepped inside. A young women with a cheerful smile and somewhat floral scent stood inside, raise her eyes to look at Saraphina as she entered. Approaching what she assumed to be the caretaker of the Inn, Saraphina spoke in a soft but strong voice, “I…..I think I would like to stay in this place, if you have room. Not long…..maybe 10 days…..is that alright?” The proprietor beamed at her and nodded happily, “Of course, we have lots of rooms available. For ten days it will be 20 SM. We also offer breakfast in the mornings for 5CM and a Main Meal for 1 SM. Would you be interested in those?” Saraphina thought for a moment and nodded, “Yes…..I’ll also purchase a full meal for my time here.” The inn keeper nodded and tallied up the cost,“Alright….that will bring your total up to 30 SM for your stay. My name is Serra Danalle….here’s your key to your room. If you need anything else, please don’t hesitant to ask me, I’m always happy to be of service.” Saraphina fished out three Gold Mizas and handed them over to Serra.

S araphina was a bit taken aback by the young women’s eagerness and cheerful demeanor, but managed a small smile. Taking the offer key, she walked away towards her room. Unlocking the door and stepping inside, Saraphina couldn’t help but be impressed. ‘Comfy’ was the first word that came to mind as she looked over the room. A mid-size bed mostly dominated the space covered by a simple white blanket with matching cloth covered pillows. Two well-worn night stand tables graced either side of the sleeping mat, decorated with knitted dollies and clay vases filled with fresh flowers. A wooden chest sat at the foot of the bed to store items. Saraphina moved to the chest and opened it, placing inside her backpack and her black cloak. Taking off the leather pouch holding her coin, she moved the pillow and set in underneath. Sitting on the bed, she considered her options. After a moment, she grinned almost impishly to herself, before grabbing the key and walking out again.

Saraphina Skyglow
No chains will ever hold me

Words: 234308
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2014, 11:59 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dulute Jadesmith on September 19th, 2014, 10:25 pm

...................2nd of Fall, 514 AV .......

"Perhaps it's time I left the house and made out on my own. It isn't as if I can just remain here for the rest of my life. What happens if father disappears again...and for good this time around? I can't look to the future if I'm constantly relying on him or mother."

These were the thoughts going through Duluute's mind when he walked out of his home for the first time. He was determined that today be the day his road to becoming a chef officially began. His father had given him plenty of training as a fisherman, but now it was time he started training to be a chef.

Packing up everything he had in a black backpack, along with a few items his parents gave him, Duluute said his final goodbyes before abruptly walking off into the distance.

"Before I do anything, I need to locate a place of residence. If I recall, there's an inn somewhere in the city." Rather than walk around in search like usual, Duluute decided it would be better to simply ask around for information. Fortunately, the first few people he asked were able to point him in the direction of the city's famous World's End Grotto. Though the place looked rundown compared to his old home, Duluute had to remind himself that he was trying to save money.

Stepping through the door, Duluute found himself admiring the homey touches of the inn's interior. Just as he was beginning to think the place might have been more than he could afford, he was greeted by the voice of an older yet much shorter woman. "Oh-well...would you be the keeper?" he asked a bit nervously. The woman nodded, introducing herself as Serra and asking if Duluute wanted to rent a room.

"Yes- I believe I'll need a room for the entire season." The woman looked surprised, but she smiled nonetheless. She offered the room at a modest price of one-hundred eighty-two silver Mizas. However, to Duluute this sounded like a huge amount. "All I have are a couple Zilos in my pocket. How much is that in gold?" At this point, Serra could have easily swindled Duluute by botching the prices and making him pay some two hundred Zilos. Thankfully she was nice enough to give Duluute the honest price.

"That will be 18.2 Zilos." Duluute breathed a sigh of relief at that. Taking off his backpack, he rummaged through one of the flaps and pulled out a handful of Zilos. Counting out 18 Zilos, Duluute gave Serra an extra Zilo since he had no idea how to make change for a full Zilo. "We also serve meals if you're interested," Sera added.

Duluute thought about it but in the end decided to decline. "I prefer to prepare my own meals," Duluute explained. "Plus I've still got some leftovers in my bag." Though it might not have been as good as the food the inn served, Duluute thought cooking his own meals would make a good practice for the future. "Very well then. Allow me to show you to your room." Grabbing one of the room keys, Sera led Duluute to one of the empty room and allowed him time to look around.

While the initial interior of the inn was comforting and all, his room gave Duluute the most satisfaction. It was even better than his old room back home. After giving Duluute the key Sera left to return to her innkeeper duties. When she was gone, Duluute immediately closed the door and dumped everything he had on the floor. He wanted to hurry and christen the new room the only way he knew how. Work would have to wait until after his nap.

Pay :
91 day room
-19 Zilos (GM)
"The sea is so Imagevast, yet we know little about it. Someday I'll learn its secrets...and maybe make a few new recipes while I'm at it."

Talking -> Thinking -> Writing
Dulute Jadesmith
Aquatic Chef Extraordinaire

Words: 22680
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 1:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Flaren Ferno on September 28th, 2014, 5:50 am

date: 13, fall 514 AV

Flaren sat nervously holding his head in his hands while tediously bouncing his leg up and down. Home was starting to get to him, he missed his mothers cooking and he missed his friends, maybe he can meet some new people around here.

"Hey you!" He waved at some burly looking character sitting on a bar stool. "You work in the shipping industry?" The buff man snorted and spat on the ground, then swiveled around in his stool and continued sipping his ale.

Flaren's stomach gave an obnoxious growl. Best get to eating before i go on dying. Flaren stayed seated however, it was important he pass all the different options of food through his brain before he decided on what his stomach would prefer. 'salad...' Flaren thought to himself as he made his way over to the front desk to place his order.

The tall man received his food almost as fast as he had ordered it. he payed the order of 1 sm and began eating. It was shortly after he finished his salad that he noticed a busty looking brunette sitting at the bar on her own. Flaren carefully checked his spoon to make sure his hair was well groomed and put in place.

"Excuse me, miss?" he said after approaching the woman. "Hi i'm new in town and i was wondering if..." Flaren was interrupted by the most frightening slew of syllables and words he'snever heard before complimented by strange gestures and the most frightening facial expressions.

Flaren retreated to his seat and stared at the wall blindly for what seemed like the full length of the day considering it was night time when Flaren checked out the windows. trying to recollect himself he walked out of the grotto and leaned on the wall balancing his quarterstaff on the palm of his hand, halfway supporting his weight.
Flaren Ferno
poised

Words: 13261
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 9:35 pm
Character sheet

Postby Altaira Readva on November 5th, 2014, 12:16 am

Bird Speak | Common | Vani | Others
35th of Autumn, 514AV
Altaira looked seven levels of Hai as she made her way into what she could best describe as the strangest petching inn that'd she'd ever seen.

Her clothing was barely there - her flight from Syliras to Zeltiva giving leaving her with little other than a bag of coin and a promise that some merchant caravan will be bringing the rest of her gear in forty day's time. She'd managed to find a cotton dress to cover up, at least, the sleeves of moderate length, and the skirts long enough to keep some semblance of warmth.

As much as she wished to claim she hated the nipping cold, she'd missed it.

"How... may I help you?" The kelvic's head snapped to attention at the enquiry, eyes harsh on the young woman who spoke from behind some counter, before she herself straightened and relaxed.
"Yes, room please. Rest of the season."

There was a waver, the short moment of hesitation perhaps attributed to the kelvic woman's ratted hair and dirtied hands and feet, and the quick and curt manner to took to business, before the receptionist noded and took to the books and keys. "That will be 11 gold mizas, as each night is 2 silver mizas," the woman ventured, an uneasy look to Altaira, as though worried she had little concept or understanding as to what was going on, almost too obviously slowing her words and complexity.

The kelvic couldn't blame her. If she were her dear twin Dyson... It'd be a whole different story - one filled with little concept of coin or pay.

Once the kelvic knocked herself from her reverie, her movement to retrieve her coin pouch was quick, though she decided against attempting to count out the coin herself - although her reading was improving, in terms of speed and ease in comprehension, her skills in mathematics were not. The woman seemed to understand, and went about her job as she took what Altaira assumed to be the proper amount of money.

"Thank you," she smiled, as though all the hard work was then done and dusted. "You'll find your room..." she trailed, leaning over the counter as she gestured. "Over there. Have a good day!"

She gained a short smile and nod in return, Altaira wasting no time as she started towards her room, mind a flurry of thought and feeling as she prepared herself for a new life in the city.
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Words: 279063
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 6:39 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Abidah on March 28th, 2015, 8:18 pm

Timestamp
19th of Spring, 515 A.V,

Abidah entered the World's End Grotto with a smile on her face and bewilderment in her eyes, this land was so much different than her home. This place was surrounded by mountains and was bustling with activity from all walks of life, the city itself was quite beautiful, with buildings of white stone and red tile roofs grasping onto the cities origins as a pre-Valterrian jewel.

The Grotto itself was a homely and lively place, it had merchants and adventurers from all across Mizahar, even bizarre and strange races she had never quite heard of before. She was tired though, and eager to get herself a room to remove her backpack. The journey across the sea in itself was tiring, but remove the backpack and setting it down in the Inns room? It symbolized something, that she had reached her destination but that her adventure had only just begun.

She approached the manageress who was flipping through a book or perhaps a ledger, Abidah had spotted her mere moments ago talking with other travelers. As soon as the manageress noticed Abidah walking towards her she raised her head and smiled, a comforting warmth glowed from her.

"Hello, I'm Serra the owner and manager of the World's End Grotto. How can I help you?" Abidah lowered her hood which was cleverly knitted into the shawl before speaking, "I need a room"
Her tone was quiet and gentle, and was almost immediately drowned out by patrons laughter. Serra however had run the building long enough to make words out clearly, "Of course, I'll just be needing your name here on this registry. Two Silver a day and we'll make you feel homely here, though I doubt one could match the hospitality of the Benshira, we'll be sure to try." Serra only seemed to become more humbler with her comment, Abidah counted her coin and the days, 91 days in spring. She'd pay for the whole season, upfront so she wouldn't have to continue to pay each and everyday. That is 182 Silver, or 18 Gold and 2 Silver in total. She promptly handed the coin to Serra who slid the registry around to face Abidah, then exchanging the coin with a quill.

After she signed her name, Serra took the registry and it disappeared either under the counter or into a pocket. She then produced a key from underneath the desk and read the label which was etched into the key itself. "Alright, your room is the second last one to the left down that way" Serra gestured to her right, "We serve breakfast in the morning and meals throughout the day. Enjoy your stay, if you have any questions or concerns please tell me." Abidah nodded and smiled, before retiring to her new room.

To her new life...
Abidah
Faith and Sacrifice

Words: 6857
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2015, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Previous