Indentured [Kavala]

Serrif feels himself called to do something, so he informs Kavala of his plans and needs her help.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Indentured [Kavala]

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on June 5th, 2012, 6:41 pm

For a very few select moments he watched her circle him; looking him over like stock…well that was how he felt at first. But then he remembered he had offered this to her. The opportunity to look him over, to see him for what he was. And now she was doing just that. Her eyes a light blue scanning him entirely. He felt her hands on his scars, some of them were cuts and others of them were puffed out like little hills and valleys across his entire body. She then spoke to him, but it wasn’t a request, more like a demand. A demand that he never expected her to make of him.

Confusion filled his emerald eyes as he thought it over quickly. Did she really just say what he thought her say? He looked to her eyes and then knew, she meant it. He may not know the reasons but she did mean what she said. He hoped all of this would make sense to him here quickly. He would rather not expose himself in his entirety to her like this, at her very command. But he supposed this was all part of trust, he had to trust that she had his best interests in mind. So reluctantly he followed her instructions.

His hands found his belt buckle and he undid it, never before did undressing for someone feel so…uncomfortable for him. But again this was trust. His pants slid off easily across the taunt surface of the white silk bodysuit he wore. Then almost without missing a beat he pulled skillfully the bodysuit from his lower body. It stuck to him like a second pale skin. Which was good in the winter because it kept the heat close to his body. But it made for somewhat of a chore to remove it. But he did so and then laid the bodysuit on the table. And there he was, now the picture started to make more sense.

Scars continued down from his upper torso through to his body, there were markings on his legs, thighs, everywhere really. Some of them matched the scars from his upper body as far as the tools and techniques used to create them. They were just as vicious as the first set of scars though. And only continued the story that the others told. He was obviously not spared anything wherever he had obtained these brush strokes. He was marked, but not only by his goddess Rak’keli; by mankind as well. He was uneasy, but there he stood. In his entirety before Kavala. He didn’t know what she would say next, of if she could make this any more uncomfortable for him.
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Indentured [Kavala]

Postby Kavala on June 5th, 2012, 9:09 pm

The Konti stepped back for him to finish undressing and then waited quietly as he left his stuff on the table. Behind them the fire was warm, providing enough heat so that Serrif wasn't uncomfortable even clad only in his own skin. She studied him as he revealed himself, looking at the scars and imagining what had happened to make them on his body. She could tell most were wounds from knives, heat, things that were not granted in battle but granted in torture.

Kavala stepped closer. She ignored his manhood and the testicles tucked beneath. She was surprised he was intact though since most of the men whom ended up looking like this were subjected to that sort of torture as well. The Konti circled again, her hands on his thighs, then lower to his knees, and then back up across his hips and across his buttocks. When she saw the whole of him, unconcealed by cloth she finally understood what had always bothered her so much about Serrif and had made him so different than Tizack.

It made sense now, even as it saddened her. There had always been something 'off' about Serrif, something the healer within her realized acutely though the woman in her could not easily see. Kavala couldn't see it and couldn't understand it because she'd never really SEEN him. But now she had.

Moving swiftly, she picked up the white silk bodysuit and shook it out. She looked at it a moment, turned and met his gaze, then was over to the fire in three steps and tossing it in. Kavala watched it burn a few moments, then turned back to Serrif.

"There's always been something wrong about you. It's been something I haven't been the only one to notice. I had no idea what it was though. My gifts lie with animals and not humans. Certainly not human males, for they are the worst to understand at all. But Serrif, its like you live only in your head. I don't know if that can make sense to you at all, but your awareness perches on your shoulders and goes no further. Its always been like your body is a tool that moves your awareness about place to place. You don't dwell inside your body and treat it like the temple it should be. It is sacred space, Serrif, and the place that houses your spirit, all of it, not just your head. You hide this body, behind the silk, behind your clothing when you should own it, claim it, make sure its yours. No wonder you feel so 'wrong' sometimes. How can that be a good existence?" She asked carefully.

Kavala wasn't afraid of Serrif, not really, just afraid of the unknowns within him. It also made sense, in a lot of ways, why he answered her question about who he was with his actions defining him. She said as much, taking a deep breath once more. "That's why you have no idea who you are. You are not your convictions or your actions or even your profession. I don't think the Gods sent you here, Serrif, to find out what we know about healing. I think they sent you to Mura to heal your body and then here to find yourself." Kavala said, gently picking up his pants and handing them back to him.

"I suggest you get something a little looser, some tunics that don't cover as much.. perhaps bare your arms or your torso. The Within is warm and there's always fur to wear outside. Grow more confident with yourself. Learn to live in your own body, Serrif." Kavala said, looking thoughtful. "Become acquainted with yourself." She added, wondering who did this to him and why. It seemed senseless completely and utterly.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Indentured [Kavala]

Postby Serrif Von Chatlyn on June 21st, 2012, 3:12 pm

Her words were heavy on him, or at least he took them as so. But it was always the truth that hit the hardest cut the deepest; she seemed to have pegged him perfectly. And it showed in his bodily reaction. He didn’t feel attacked, but surprised really. After all this time he still didn’t feel like he owned his body at all. He used it like a tool. His hands prepared medicines in glass bottles and cleansed wounds with remedies. His feet carried his body to where he needed to be at whatever speed he deemed necessary. His shoulders and back burdened his heavy loads that he carried in his pack. And his neck carried his head. She was right in more than one way.

It was almost as if he treated his body like it wasn’t his; wasn’t attached to him. Like it wasn’t him. Almost like it was a bad nightmare that he was just forced to carry around with him. Humbling really almost as humbling as when Rak’keli touched him and graced him with her mark. Could she know that he still had so far to go in his journey before he found himself? How damaged he was and yet he could still pledge himself to her and healing because it was what he saw as right in this life. He knew that much; but he still did not know himself. He was still a beast of burden in his mind; his body still largely unknown to him.

His eyes widened some when she tossed his bodysuit into the fire. He was at first outraged that she would attempt such a thing. Did she have any idea what a bodysuit like that cost him! But then again, he was using that bodysuit as an excuse to continue to abuse his body. To hide it, make it seem more like a tool and less like what it was…HIS. This was for the better.

“It’s hard to own something that has not been yours in some time.” He admitted openly as then the realization that those words may cause more than just a little stir of emotion in a Nakivak hit him. He became a little ashamed of the words he picked… OF COURSE SHE KNOWS THAT SHE’S A NAKIVAK!

He shook his head some and then shrugged. “I’ll take your advice. But I have little left from my journey here to Riverfall. Spent most of it on supplies…and that bodysuit.” that you just burned. “I suppose if you would have me I could assist you in your lab. I am familiar with such things it is where my strengths are.”

Maybe she was right, maybe he was sent here to find himself. But he wasn’t going to do so just sitting around doing nothing. He needed a purpose of some kind here. And this place seemed to be a good place to find himself. He would generally not be as harassed as he would be in Riverfall…and here…here he had something in common with someone. It seemed Kavala and him had something in common. More than just medicine, philtering, and herbalism. They had a common thread in the past, both through Tizack and Cresent as well as through the suffering they had both endured.

“I’d like to stay here. And be of use.”
A man either lives life as it happens to him,
meets it head-on and licks it,
or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.
Serrif Von Chatlyn
Never mistake composure for ease

Words: 999183
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2011, 4:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Trailblazer (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Indentured [Kavala]

Postby Kavala on October 3rd, 2012, 6:37 pm

Kavala nodded, looking thoughtful. "I always need help. I pay healers 7gm a day plus room and board. You'll earn it though because the work never ends. And I'll take you shopping... give you enough gold to get some clothing that suits you. We don't have a lot of men's clothing around here. But you'll need it." Kavala said softly. She studied Serrif for a bit longer, and then nodded.

"You'll be okay, Serrif. You really will. You just need to move out of your head and reinhabit your body again. Make it yours once more."
She said nodding. And with that she slipped out the the room. She was back again in a moment, and handed him a small bag of coins. There were about a hundred mizas in the cloth. "It's an advancement on your pay because I don't pay until the end of the season. Go shopping tomorrow if the weather breaks enough to hit town. I'd like to see a new wardrobe on you. One that befits a healer and a man not afraid of his own form... a warrior." She said. And with that, she left him and thought it the best thing to do. He needed time to think and time to decide what he really wanted. That decision might not be that day, and it might not be a season from then. But it would come... eventually and Kavala hoped it would come with the strength of the convictions she knew he had inside.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Indentured [Kavala]

Postby Jackalope on November 8th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Serrif

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Observation +2 Remembering What Shaped You
Socialization +2 Kavala: Hard Working Konti
Rhetoric +4 A Difficult Task: Chosing Words to Explain Rape
Baring Your Scars
The Truth Hits Hard

Ledger: +100GM

Kavala

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Socialization +2 Knowing What You Need
Cooking +1 Serrif: The Confusing Healer
Interrogation +1 Asking the Hard Question
Observation +3 Taking Charge of the Situation
Telling Someone to Stop Hiding
Hiring a Healer with a Dark Past

Ledger: -100GM

Jackalope's Notes
Alright, this thread was amazing. Kavala, I wish I could give you more Rhetoric. :P Please let me know if you think I missed anything. I'm not familiar with your PC's history, so some of it was lost on me, but I tried to get you what I saw! Keep it up! If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Jackalope
Check out that bunny heat

Words: 128580
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2012, 6:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous