[Sharp Tongue Pub] Of Azos, Chupras and Rakvas (Liar)

Lucas finds a source of free alcohol!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Lucas Arias on April 1st, 2012, 4:36 pm

„Oh.“ Lucas looked rather surprised as he realized that Yeller hadn’t stolen his mug, but just filled it with more beer. His visits to the various taverns of Syliras had often ended with him being beaten up or robbed of his drink, so this was new. „Thank you.“ He immediately drank from the mug again. Since he was lacking a napkin, he just wiped his mouth off with his sleeve, and the he grinned. He felt fantastic at the moment!

„Where does the ‚Yellow‘ part come from anyway?“ he wanted to know and furrowed his brow a little. „And why exactly do they call you ‚Yeller‘ if you don’t yell all the time?“ As the glasses collided with each other, making quite a bit of noise in the process, Lucas made a face. „Petching banachag indeed“, he agreed wholeheartedly.

„You learn fast. I’m not Pedant though. Calling me Pedant would be the same as calling you Yellow, and you don’t like that, do you?“ The failed squire looked somewhere between offended and slightly mad now. He didn’t really feel fantastic anymore. That Yeller smiled at him didn’t exactly make things better in his opinion. It was just a sign that the man was doing this on purpose. And now he expected to help him? What was he thinking? Was he delusional?

Lucas looked from Yeller to the bar and back, and then he somewhat grumpily complied because of the free beer and because this was a rather nice place despite the fact that its owner had given him a name he definitely didn’t want!
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Words: 231699
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Liar on April 4th, 2012, 7:16 pm

“It just sounds similar,” he shrugged. “A less than clever play on words. And I yell when I need to, when folks get out of hand. Like I said, wouldn’t want to lose the impression.”

He filled the last of three more mugs and moved them carefully towards his customer, who opted to take only two back to his table at once. Yeller gave him a gracious nod, and with a wave turned back to Lucas and the mess. He laughed at the boy’s complaints, never ceasing to smile as his guest’s face twisted in anger; the Sharp Tongue was not a place for the easily offended, but even the hardest heads had their weak points and it was always a good game to figure them out. He replied, “You have to earn a new name before you can get rid of the old one, Chupra. Who knows, maybe if you stick around long enough, I’ll decide that I like the sound of Lucas.”

Their customer to returned to retrieve the last drink he had ordered. As he picked it up, so he set down a large golden laat on the counter between them. “Thanks,” he mumbled with a smile, eyes darting from the wet rag in the Syliran’s hand to the peculiar color of his hair.

Yeller did not take it the money. “Take it; you earned it. That’s how we work here. It’s his fault he thought you were working.” He winked. “If you come back, this time of day, every day you’re able, I’ll let the rest of them think the same. Do what you’ve been doing: serve drinks, clean up, educate the people. Maybe you’ll get enough coin to do something with it, and in the meantime you can earn yourself a better title. What do you say?”
Liar
This statement is false.

Words: 175519
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2011, 10:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Lucas Arias on April 9th, 2012, 3:39 am

„Earn a name?“ Lucas repeated. In Syliras he hadn’t had to earn his name. Most people had called him ‚Lucas‘. But a few had also called him ‚Inarta bastard‘ even though he wasn’t as far as he was concerned. In the end he supposed ‚Pedant‘ was at least better than that. Although Yeller was learning a little too fast now. He was accusing him of having sex with goats when all he was interested in were the Eypharinas who had invented the word! „Maybe I’ll stick around then“, he decided. „Just so that you have to call me by my real name one day.“

As the man whom he had served the drink, produced a strange golden coin Lucas‘ eyes widened. He didn’t really know how much it was worth and what it was called, but he took it anyway because it was money and prepared to give it to Yeller. He doubted that the man would appreciate it if he kept it. He’d probably throw him out, and then he would get no more free beer. So he was quite surprised when the man told him he could actually take it. But then he pocketed it quickly in case Yeller changed his mind!

Truth to be told, he hated working even though he had to if he didn’t want to end up a beggar or crawl back to Syliras on his knees and beg for forgiveness. But on the other hand he loved places like this one. As he had already concluded when he had entered the pub, it was perfect. He would be getting paid to drink, serve drinks and insult people! This was kind of awesome!

So he replied, „I say yes of course. I love this place!“
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Words: 231699
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Liar on April 14th, 2012, 1:06 am

Yeller grinned. He pulled four of his largest mugs under the spigot and filled each to the top with trained perfection. “Good,” he said, setting them in front of Lucas with newfound care. “Now get these to those folks before they start yelling at us.”

EXPERIENCE AWARD

Lucas Arias

Skill Points
Rhetoric 2
Leadership 1
Teaching 1

Lore
A Battle of Wits
Impressing the Locals

Ledger
+ 24 laats (wages for the rest of Winter)

Notes
Luke is always hilarious; thanks for an amusing thread. Your Storyteller Secrets page has been updated to reflect your new job as a bartender.
Liar
This statement is false.

Words: 175519
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2011, 10:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous