Winter Sun (Elianos)

It's a beautiful winter day. Valerius decides to visit the slave market and ends up meeting a Nuit.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Winter Sun (Elianos)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on February 21st, 2012, 3:12 pm

Winter 10, 511 AV

The ravosala lazily glided through the canal. It was about noon. The clouds that usually covered the sky at this time of the year had made way to a clear blue, and sunlight illuminated the tall, elegant buildings that stood left and right of the water. Even though it was winter, it was warm, with the sun burning down the way it did, and the red haired man that lounged in the back of the ravosala had taken his hat off and opened his coat. His eyes were half closed. He felt oddly sleepy and content. Not for the first time he thought about how blessed he was to live here, under Rhysol’s watchful gaze, leading the life he did while the rest of the world existed in ignorance and misery.

„Master, we are almost there!“ the slave that maneuvred the ravosala through the canal informed him politely. The man opened his eyes at once, annoyance marring his face. He didn’t appreciate being disturbed. For a moment he considered chastisising the creature – a man of mixed blood, with skin far darker than a Ravokian’s was and deep black hair – but then he decided to let it be. It wasn’t worth the effort. He wouldn’t waste his energy.

„Wait for me here“, he told the mixed blood curtly and stepped out of the ravosala. His destination today was the Slave Market. He had heard that new, exotic wares had arrived, and he wanted to take a look at them. In his opinion it was high time that a few of his family’s slaves were replaced or at least sent to work in a place where none of the guests could see them. They were getting old and ugly, and he didn’t want to confront the House’s business partners with women with wrinkles and sagging breasts or clumsy old man that were suffering from arthritis.

That wouldn’t do. That wouldn’t do at all.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Winter Sun (Elianos)

Postby Elianos on February 22nd, 2012, 3:11 pm

With the expedition just around the corner Elianos did not really have a need for a slave...or maybe he should get one to carry his things around, maybe even use it as a labourer and get more money? Even with that idea the nuit had other reasons to come to the slave market. Comparing to other people who were not out of life yet, the place is just like a real market with food for the nuit. It had something that he needed to continue 'living' and it was the bodies. Not for sustenance but with the amount of time the expedition is estimated to take and the fact that it was going to be all travel, it was better for him to assume that his current body would be so worn he would need to acquire another one.

But the slaves here. With those prices Elianos would be better off getting another body on his own, preferably when not enroute because that would be just unprofessional with him being the doctor and all. As tempting as some of the bodies there were being tall, built and most importantly fresh Elianos found himself asking if there were any cheaper ones. They could be sick, it would not matter once he made the switch. They could be lame since once he returned he would not have to care much about moving for a while. What Elianos wanted was the ones which looked as human as possible like his own knowing Ravok's reputation and the ones that no one would care about but they were slaves. The last one should not be much of a problem for him since they were slaves after all.

"Hmmmmm..." Elianos had no connections in Ravok but being in the market itself it was hard to miss people actually advertising their wares. Looks like he came at a good time if those brand new, exotic slaves are to be believed. What exactly would these Ravok folk refer to as exotic. Something bestial with a tail perhaps? There was always a fascination for men when it came to tails or wings! Elianos would not mind taking into the air for a bit even it the muscles would weaken and rot within the season. Could even be one of those multi armed things from the desert. He always heard others describing them as beauties and he could not agree more. What is more beautiful than limbs?

The wonder of expectation overtaking him Elianos found himself moving towards the stage to have a look for himself. While he did not have much mizas on him now he knew that would change in the next season. There was no harm in planning on how to spoil himself when it was time for that. He always needed something to convince him that staying alive was a chore that was worth it.
Currently trying to revamp his personality so that it would not be one of those overused angry rawr nuits...
Elianos
Any-body will do for now

Words: 28740
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2011, 6:22 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Winter Sun (Elianos)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on February 23rd, 2012, 6:10 pm

The Ravokian likewise moved closer to the stage to get a good view of the wares that were on display. There were a couple of other people gathered nearby, some of them of questionable backgrounds, judging by their looks, maybe even outsiders. He made a face and carefully walked past them, trying to avoid brushing against them as he did so. As he stood in front of the stage, he raised his head very slightly and shielded his eyes against the still too bright sunlight with his right hand.

There was a Konti, with hair that was the color of fallen snow and patches of scales on her otherwise flawless, milky skin. He could see an Akalak, tall and brutal looking, with thick muscles and deep red skin. There was even one of those strange creatures from the desert, looking at the crowd as if he considered himself better than everybody else, as if he hadn’t realized that his life belonged to somebody else now.

The Ravokian laughed. The slave‘s stubbornness, his sheer stupidity amused him. His gaze went to another place where a slaver advertised a couple of seemingly healthy looking humans. Konti were beautiful, but their gifts could be bothersome – he didn’t want a slave that could see his future and find out his innermost secrets - and Akalak were hard to control and even harder to break, although his family’s competitors would of course admire such exotic, expensive slaves.

Humans would probably be best for now, humans of good quality of course. He decided to take a closer look at them. They seemed to be in good condition at first and young – not too much above twenty - but there was something about their faces that was a little off. Had somebody put makeup on them to make them look healthier? And their teeth … was he only imagining things or were their teeth brown? The Ravokian frowned.

„I could get better quality from Amanda at the Kelvic Research Facility“, he murmurred to Elianos who was standing close by, looking just a little bit annoyed. Even though the man didn’t look as if he belonged to the circles in which he usually moved, the Ravokian didn’t consider it below him to share the observation he had made with him. „The Kelvic might be furry or grow wings every once in a while, but at least I know what I’ll be getting, they are docile and can even be taught to fight. Even a mind reading Konti would be preferrable.“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Winter Sun (Elianos)

Postby Elianos on February 24th, 2012, 7:33 pm

Those three slaves on display Elianos could see as well and agree that they are exotic. They were far away from their homes as he knew and that would probably mark up the price for them a little bit too. Nothing that Elianos could afford to spend. If he still had a beating heart in him he might have tried to get the konti but now not so much. Elianos preferred male bodies actually and a konti was female, weak, nothing appropriate as a body for himself. The akalak would be a better deal for him, why else would he have learned their language if not to try and find out more about getting their bodies. Maybe even tricking them into getting theirs as well?

But the akalak was no good in his eyes either. It was not the pride or stubbornness, Elianos thought it was what made it more appealing to have its body. No, the akalak was trumped by the presence of the desert creature. Like Elianos has been wanting to get on his way here it has the lovely, lovely arms. More arms to use, more arms to work with and do anything he wanted. Unfortunately it was too pricey and Elianos was going to go on that expedition. A waste to use such a fine body there and risk it getting ruined. There will be a next time but for now he would be looking for the cheaper slaves.

Like the common, everyday humans nearby. For some slaves they do seem quite strong and young. Most nuits did not like to put value to appearances but Elianos liked to only because the older bodies looked weak and frail. During his appraisal Elianos saw the teeth too and let out an "ugh..." because the doctor that he was knew that those things were permanent. To be decoloured to that point would mean they were not eating well. So how was it that they looked so nice. Unfortunately Elianos would not have as much experience as other people who frequented the market to know more about inspecting the slaves.

Hearing the word kelvic Elianos started to nod a little because those things looked human and matured fast. Maybe if he could get one now it would look old enough for him when he was done with the expedition. "Well, they are only furry and winged in their animal form" the nuit answered unknowingly as he started thinking because "some people would prefer only one form." They are normally kept in their animal forms but Elianos had no use for those. He wanted some in the human form.

Elianos gave a laugh when he heard about mind-reading Kontis because from part of his research for his darker designs compared to just the perfect body, he learned that "the kelvics can read their master's minds too." Now what was that called... "bonding?" Not really what they are thinking but experiences. For Elianos that was actually enough to get his animated tools to act as he wanted. If only could find a way to replicate it in his own creations. Still thinking from the previous statement, he gave a remark like he would any of his valuable peers "that Kelvic is a mad, brilliant genius" and even a practitioner from another school of magic is capable of seeing that.
Currently trying to revamp his personality so that it would not be one of those overused angry rawr nuits...
Elianos
Any-body will do for now

Character sheet

Winter Sun (Elianos)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on March 1st, 2012, 5:10 am

"True", the Ravokian conceded as Elianos stated that Kelvic were only furry and winged in their animal form. He took a closer look at the man, furrowing his brow ever so slightly as he did so. Elianos was definitely an outsider and not too wealthy judging by his appearance. Still, he seemed to have an interest in one of his favourite topics and thus meritted a little attention. "I’ve heard that there are even ways to force them to stay in human form, although I’m not sure how exactly that works. My aunt would probably know more." He shrugged his shoulders. He expected Elianos to know who his aunt was – and who he was of course. His family were after all rather well known for their slaves, among other things. All in all House Nitrozian owned about five hundred of them.

He turned away from the rather disappointing humans and fully faced the Nuit know. The slaves didn’t merit any more of his time. "Bonding?" he repeated and nodded. "I’ve heard of it. Kelvic are somehow able to connect to their Masters, and once the bond has been created, they are willing to do almost anything for them." A light smile was visible on his face. Maybe he’d let the slave market be and get a Kelvic from the Research Institute after all. "And they grow up fast. Some of them reach maturity within a year or two. They could be replaced quickly if the need arises. They might not make such bad slaves after all, if you don’t mind the fact that they are inferior creatures and have a hard time learning good manners."

"As far as I know Kelvic is dead though, so he was a mad, brilliant genius would be correct."

There was a short pause as he considered Elianos‘ words again.

"Have you ever seen a Kelvic? Do you perhaps have an interest in buying one rather than putting up with those things?"

He gestured towards the place behind him where the slaves with brown teeth were still waiting for a new owner.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Winter Sun (Elianos)

Postby Elianos on March 6th, 2012, 11:04 pm

Another thinker. Elianos did not expect to find someone like that outside of Sahova or Zeltiva especially at a slave market so this came as a little bit of a surprise to him. Not to brag but Elianos knew a little that "you just need to collar them like the animals that they are" but that only worked for the big ones. At times Elianos had no choice but to use a kelvic's body but those damned things just instinctively shift into their animal forms in times of danger. The risk of getting mauled by something like a bear was bad enough but what use did he have for animal bodies especially the tiny bodies like mice?

The nuit pondered a little about the suggestion of "your aunt..." and what she might know since the nephew proved to at least be competent in the subject. However, only having returned this season Elianos had no clue who the aunt or the youth before him was therefore asking if "she trades in kelvics?" seeing that they were already in the slave market and was asked about his interests. "Maybe I am" he told the man depending on the kelvic and its price. Until the next season Elianos would probably still be short on much needed mizas. He never needed to concern himself with that nonsense back in Sahova thats for sure.

"Ahh, its a pity that Kelvic is dead. So many things could be learned from the man..." like the bonding. Elianos was not interested in the submissiveness which came from the bond but "I heard that the bond can allow both master and kelvic to share..." what was the word Elianos was looking for... "experiences? Imagine the possibilities if we can understand how it works?" And there Elianos started to ramble since he got to thinking of how the bond can apply to his works. Of course he stopped himself from that point on since the living liked to see that his works were a lot more unnatural than the way that he was prolonging his life.

At the slaves that were gestured to Elianos gave a look of contempt. Not those bodies, he was not going to pick up scraps like some animal especially when "kelvics would be better" off for him or in the way that they are treated.
Elianos
Any-body will do for now

Character sheet

Winter Sun (Elianos)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on March 14th, 2012, 10:18 am

„Collar them, that makes sense“, the Nitrozian replied. He hadn’t seen a lot of collared Kelvic so far. Most of the creatures at the Research Institute seemed to be caged and left alone unless one of the researches felt like experimenting on them. „I need to remember that if I ever decide to acquire a Kelvic of my own. I don’t want them to shift and proceed to try and kill me.“ He made a face as he said that. It would be rather demeaning to be eaten by one’s own pet.

„My aunt trades in Kelvic“, he confirmed. „At least part of the time. She is the head researcher at the Kelvic Research Institute. The excess Kelvic are usually sold. Sometimes I have the impression that those creatures breed like rabbits!“ From what he had seen most of them were fully mature and able to have children after only a year, so the comparison wasn’t too far off in his opinion. They really were more like animals than humans.

„If you are really interested in buying a Kelvic, let me know. I can take you to the Research Institute“, he offered. If he remembered correctly, there would be another sale soon. It would be good if some of those creatures were sold to somebody who was actually familiar with them and didn’t have any wrong ideas about them or wanted to free them because he had such a good heart.

„I’m not sure if I’m interested in sharing an animal’s thoughts and feelings“, he said. He didn’t think they had anything interesting to offer in that regard, and he didn’t want to feel like an animal either. „But studying the bond could be useful nevertheless.“ His eyes lit up as he thought of all the possibilities.

As Elianos stated that Kelvic would be better, the Nitrozian didn’t say anything, but just nodded in agreement.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Winter Sun (Elianos)

Postby Elianos on March 24th, 2012, 4:34 am

Well of course it made sense since it was natural to collar animals. In fact, "rabbits are animals the way kelvics are so I wouldn't be surprised with something like that" although if what he was saying was really true, then having a few kelvics of his own especially for breeding would be a viable way of getting a consistent stream of bodies with Elianos only needing to give the bare minimum attention or necessities. Still, "death is only a risk you worry about until it is no longer something you can expect." A truth just for nuits and there was always, always room for more to come into existence though the rest of the world might not be as welcoming compared when it comes to kelvics.

And Elianos did want one "but it might have to wait until the next season" when he gets his pay for participating in the expedition. Of course since this man was offering to help him with any acquisition "I hope you can help me get a good deal?" especially since he has already hinted that he might be well connected to the supplier. Or maybe Elianos would just use this man as a door into the institute itself, for purchases, contacts or maybe a position. Hopefully the expedition can also help him seem like a more appealing person to employ for the Ravokians.

Then he can use it to further his own work which always seem to be misunderstood by these short lived fleshlings because "I never said anything about sharing an animal's thoughts and feelings." Just like the rest of the living creatures they seem to do nothing but wasteful practices like eating, sleeping and crapping. When the man seemed to understand, Elianos wanted to make him think more of the possibilities by suggesting him to "imagine..." Should Elianos delve into the nature of his work?

No one liked it and there was no reason to share it with a complete stranger but seeing how intelligent he seemed and probably expecting some debate to help him think, Elianos after a brief pause decided to say vaguely that "your life will be a lot better. Knowing that there is always something in the other end who has your back. Something you can rely for anything." Of course the something was not kelvics. For Elianos it was another thing entirely.
Elianos
Any-body will do for now

Character sheet

Winter Sun (Elianos)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on April 2nd, 2012, 4:45 pm

As he heard Elianos‘ comment about death, Valerius furrowed his brow. Something about it seemed a little off to him, but he couldn’t say what exactly it was. „You don’t expect death then?“ he asked. „You don’t worry about it? What kind of person are you?“ To the human death was always a risk. Since he hoped to live a good long while – preferrably in near perfect health – he did everything he did with the utmost care and tried to avoid taking unnecessary risks. For that he had his slaves. This stranger though …

„I didn’t catch your name“, he remarked and added, „Next season then. I can help you get a good deal, but for that I need to know who I’m facing. And no, you didn’t say anything about sharing an animal’s thoughts and feelings. But you talked about sharing experiences. Thoughts and feelings are a part of those.“ He shrugged his shoulders. That issue wasn’t worth arguing about, so he let it be.

As Elianos said „imagine“ the human abruptly raised his head and looked into the other man’s eyes. He had his attention. „I’m not sure if my life would necessarily be better if I had a couple of those creatures, but something I could rely on for anything would definitely be appreciated.“ There was a short pause as he considered the man’s words again. „Why do you need something to rely on though?“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Winter Sun (Elianos)

Postby Elianos on April 16th, 2012, 4:35 pm

No Elianos did not expect death. Not any longer. "I am...better informed. We spend so much time worrying about death that we lose track of what is really important. My life long...but not long enough to waste on something like that. As is yours" as short as the human's own was unless he decided to do the smart thing and convert like every other nuit in Sahova and around the world. Thinking a little bit Elianos knew that "I am probably like you" because after going through so many bodies, the truth is that it did not matter how he looked. It was how smart and accomplished he was before Dira caught up to him.

"I'm Elianos" he mentioned failing to give his hand because even if they were talking business, that was not what they were doing yet. The nuit did not even know the man's name that gave him "a nice offer." It was the nice offer that helped him to ask expectantly that "it would help if I know who to look for next season." That of course was a lot more important than the issue with kelvics that Elianos did not pursue either.

But the question, ahhh the question. A person who is alive in such a fleeting time would not understand. It takes more than lifetimes to understand how this world truly worked. Sahova taught him that. Even following a common goal the nuits were still against one another. What more humans? "Do you think these slaves are reliable? Your friends? Your families?" There was no other answer than "no. Given the chance and motivation, you will find yourself betrayed. Taken advantage of and shackled in a life of regret."

"So the question you should be asking is why do you not want something that you can rely on?"
Elianos
Any-body will do for now

Character sheet

Next