Closed Expresso Yourself (Valerius)

Coltyn is schooled by a noble citizen of Ravok in the finer things life has to offer.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Expresso Yourself (Valerius)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on May 10th, 2012, 5:46 pm

The smell of the cookies made Valerius‘ mouth water, although he tried not to show it as such a thing would be a sign of bad manners. He extended his hand, about to take one of the delicious looking golden disks, but as Coltyn began to speak he pulled his hand back and simply listened to the man. As he revealed that he had been working as a bodyguard, Valerius nodded.

„That explains why you were able to catch the thief that quickly“, he remarked. „You’ve probably had to deal with similar situations before. But why did you stop being a bodyguard and posing for artists and decided to serve coffee instead? It seems like a step down to me despite the fact that this is a rather well known cafe.“ Surely a waiter didn’t get paid particularly well either, but Valerius knew better than to talk about money to those that didn’t have it.

„Me?“ He looked mildly surprised as Coltyn asked him about his line of work, but decided to answer nevertheless. „Besides being involved in the family business, I help my aunt at the Kelvic Research Institute. She’s the head researcher. I assume you’ve heard of Amanda Nitrozian and the work she does?“

He made it sound as if he was his aunt’s personal assistant, but unfortunately that was not the case. For some reason Amanda had decided that he needed to clean the cages, wash and feed the creatures and do similar slave work before he was allowed to experiment on them. So far he had only had closer contact with exactly one Kelvic, and Nya unfortunately wasn’t particularly subservient.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Coltyn on May 18th, 2012, 1:47 am

"Who said I stopped?" Coltyn replied with a wink as he leaned against the nearest wall, keeping one eye on the room and the other on the table before him. "As I mentioned earlier, we're a bit short on staff thanks to the storm or, I should say, no thanks to it. I'm pitching in. It's the least I can do for Mistress Varone. She's been very kind to me."

Coltyn proceeded to listen now as the man explained what he did for a living and, as the words slipped from the young man's lips, the Ravokian's mind drifted off to a very special moment, from earlier in the season, when he had met his first Kelvic. Well, the first that he was able to hold a full conversation with, to his knowledge. It had been an interesting encounter to say the least. He wondered where she was now...

"I must confess, while I've certainly heard of Mistress Nitrozian, I'm not too familiar with her work," he was able to reply, regardless of the fact that his thoughts remained on the female Kelvic. "Do you...enjoy your work?" he added as more of an afterthought. "It sounds very interesting. I'm sure there is very little table waiting involved," he concluded with a smile.

Coltyn
A Beautiful Baker Boy!

Words: 89551
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2012, 9:47 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)
Donor (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on March 20th, 2013, 9:20 am

„Ah, I see“, Valerius remarked. „I had to do a few rather unpleasant jobs as well due to the storm. A couple of our employees and Kelvics at the Institute were killed, and large parts of it were unusable. I was forced to help clean up.“ He made a face as he said that. His aunt had made him clearn cages, wipe the floor that had been covered with mud and dispose of dead bodies, and she hadn’t cared at all that such work was below a man of his station. Amanda Nitrozian was all for equality – at least in that regard.

„My aunt studies the Kelvic’s ability to transform and their bond. She is currently trying to find out whether the transformation can be triggered by somebody else. Besides that, she’s one of Rhysol’s chosen.“ He sounded very proud – and a bit jealous – as he said that.

As Coltyn asked him, if he enjoyed his work, Valerius furrowed his brow and looked a bit confused. He hadn’t expected such a question and wasn’t sure how to answer. Valerius didn’t do things because he enjoyed them, at least not only. To him advancing in life was just as important.

„Yes … yes, of course I do“, he finally replied. „Sometimes at least. There are a few unpleasant facets to it, but all in all it tends to be quite interesting. And there is indeed very little table waiting involved, although the creatures do of course have to be fed.“

„And do you enjoy your work? Is it something you still see yourself doing in a couple of years?“

The man seemed to have a certain potential. He wasn’t unattractive – he’d been the model for a painting – and could express himself reasonably well. If he did the right things, he could go far.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Coltyn on March 27th, 2013, 12:04 am

Leaning in, Coltyn lowered his voice just a little and proceeded to inform the patron that this was, "...just a stepping stone. I mean, don't get me wrong, Mistress Varone is a lovely individual and, when I'm able to, I will repay her kindly for the generosity she has shown me, however..."

He paused now and glanced around the room, checking to see if anyone was paying attention to their conversation. He also made sure that he wasn't ignoring any of the patrons he felt responsible for. For the moment, it appeared that he was in the clear, free to speak his mind. So he did just that.

"I have plans for opening a Center of Wellness, here in Ravok," he stated as evenly as he could without getting too excited, for fear of divulging too many details all at once. However, if the patron was paying any attention at all, he would sense an underlying layer of anticipation bubbling just under the surface of the man's words and calm exterior. "Although..."

He paused once more, considering his words carefully. There was more to the story, but Coltyn wasn't sure he was ready to share such details with someone he hardly knew. Therefore, he decided to change the subject.

"Although, I should really get back to work and stop boring you with my silly ideas. You have far more important things to tend to and I, well, I have tables to wait on and, most likely, dishes to do. Please, enjoy your meal and call if you need anything else."

Coltyn
A Beautiful Baker Boy!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on April 2nd, 2013, 6:31 am

„I’m glad to hear that“, Valerius remarked as Coltyn informed him that his current job was just a stepping stone after all. „A man should have a certain amount of ambition. A center of wellness could do well in Ravok, especially among certain people. In fact I might visit it as well. If you need help, I could be persuaded to support your business.“

Valerius couldn’t stand dirty people, people that neglected their appearance, that didn’t take good care of their bodies. He valued beauty and cleanliness, and a business such as the one Coltyn proposed would improve Ravok in that regard.

„It isn’t silly at all“, the Nitrozian remarked. „But you should indeed get back to work. You still depend on it for the time being. And think about my words.“ With that he focused his attention on his meal again.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Coltyn on April 8th, 2013, 11:01 pm

As Coltyn returned to his work, he couldn't think of anything but the patron's words. Would he really be interested in helping the young Ravokian build his dreams? It...it couldn't be that easy. It just couldn't. There had to be a catch. There was almost always a catch. However...

"I'm sorry to bother you," he politely intruded upon the man's meal, "but I can't stop thinking about what you said earlier. Would you really be interested in hearing about my plans and, possibly, help make them a reality? I mean, we only just met, but I can assure you, I am a decent man. I would never ask something of someone without giving them back as much as I could, as soon as I could. It's just...it's so rare to come across someone so willing to help another. I'm thankful for the simple fact that you would even take the time to listen to me, let alone lend me your support."

Coltyn paused now and allowed the man to speak. He had probably already said too much. Why hadn't he waited a little longer before he spoke? He should've let the man finish his meal before he returned to his table. Now he felt both rude and silly, all in a matter of chimes. He wouldn't be surprised in the least if the man withdrew his offer and bolted from the establishment without another word spoken.

Coltyn
A Beautiful Baker Boy!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on April 11th, 2013, 5:16 am

As Coltyn told him that he was sorry to bother him, Valerius suppressed the urge to tell him to just not do it then. Why did people always do something rude and unpleasant and apologize afterwards? It didn’t make anything better! Besides, Coltyn didn’t really look as if he was sorry!

What was so urgent that he couldn’t let him finish his meal first?

„I might be“, he said a little coldly. „And you don’t need to tell me that you are a decent man. I don’t care about that. I will be honest. When I first saw you, I was convinced that you were just another loser, another man with little ambition that wasn’t worth my time, but I’ve realized that this is not the case.“

„You have potential. And I want to take advantage of that potential before somebody else discovers you and decides to take you under their wing. So yes, I would like to hear about your plans and help you make them a reality. We will talk about you giving something back once the time has come.“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Coltyn on April 19th, 2013, 1:48 pm

He knew it. He should've waited for the man to finish his meal. Now he was annoyed with Coltyn. He could see it in his expression and his body language. This wasn't the best foot to step forward with. No. Not at all.

Shyke, the Ravokian thought as he stood and listened to the man speak of losers and advantages. I need to make things right before this goes any further, before he changes his mind and places me back in the ambitionless category.

"One moment, sir," Coltyn replied as he stepped away from the table only to return with a steaming drink to replace the patron's now lukewarm one, along with a tempting plate of freshly baked cookies. "Please, allow me to spruce up your meal, which I have so rudely interrupted. I clearly became caught up in the moment. I'll try to control myself in the future. Now, as for the details of my project, do you wish to discuss them today or should we set a time and place to meet? I've already disrupted your day. I wouldn't presume to claim a moment more of your valuable time, unless you wished it."

There was so much he wanted to tell this man...this willing participant! He wanted to speak about each aspect of the business. How clients could tailor their time at the center to whatever their needs may be. They would cater to not just the body, but the mind and soul. It would be an establishment where patrons could get a fresh start in life. They would have workout chambers and mediation nooks, massage rooms and spaces for instruction. They would hire a staff of experts who would guide their clients in everything from sensible eating habits to curtailing the use of drink and drugs. The possibilities were endless.

"I can wrap those to go," Coltyn randomly informed the young man as he pointed at the plate of baked goods.

Coltyn
A Beautiful Baker Boy!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on April 24th, 2013, 5:32 am

The hint of a smile was visible on Valerius’ face as Coltyn talked about
sprucing up his meal‘, but he didn’t say anything. He didn’t thank him. Valerius took the fact that other people wanted to please him for granted. He just inclined his head a fraction as Coltyn brought him fresh coffee and cookies.

„Meet me in the Nitrozian Estate“, he answered. „I don’t want to discuss a possible collaboration in a cafe, over coffee and cookie. I prefer a more appropriate environment.“

Coltyn had not disrupted Valerius‘ day. So far nothing else that was even remotely interesting had happened, but again, Valerius didn’t say anything. He decided to let the man think that he needed to make up for something.

„I would appreciate that“, he replied as Coltyn told him that he could wrap the cookies to go. „As I said, meet me in the Nitrozian Estate, either this evening or tomorrow evening.“
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Coltyn on April 30th, 2013, 2:12 pm

"Yes, sir," Coltyn replied, regardless of the fact that the man sitting before him was most likely a few seasons younger in age. If everything went well, this man was probably going to end up being his new partner...er, boss...so the use of the title seemed befitting to the Ravokian. "Tomorrow evening would be better," he explained as he lifted the plate from the table, "since I must continue my shift here and I may not be able to make it out your way until it is much too late."

Stepping away from the table, he returned in under a chime with the baked goods wrapped in parchment. "Does the eighteenth bell work for you? If you would like, I could make us something for the evening meal, too. I'm pretty good in the kitchen. I could show you a sampling of the sort of healthy dishes that could be served at the establishment," Coltyn added, thinking it best to present his plan in the best possible light and from as many angles as he could think of. Through the stomach was usually a good place to start.

OOCWe can wrap this up and start a new thread, if you wish. This one has sort of run its course.
Coltyn
A Beautiful Baker Boy!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1)

PreviousNext