[Western Hills] Gallops and Drunkards (Stigandr & Kalila)

*Hiccup* Excuse me.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Stigandr on April 13th, 2012, 12:43 am

Stigandr watched his two new companions as they all drank and ate of the delicious food that...Sahas...had brought. Most of what he ate was grass and vegetation. Sometimes he bought fresh fruit and vegetables when he could afford to, but that was rare. He did not partake of the tea, not having ever tried it before. He enjoyed water and drank water only, finding it pleasant enough for him and his tastes. Though he was curious as he watched Andalusia drink some of it with her friend, seeming pleased by the taste. "Can I try some of the tea? Please?" Again, that awkward human interaction. He would at least try the tea. He had only ever seen it drank by his mistress from Ravok, but was never allowed something as nice as tea. He was lucky to get water most days.

Was Andalusia looking at him a lot? He felt like she was, but was not sure of it. These human eyes had such a limited viewing ranging compared to his eyes in his true form, making it harder to focus on things around him as he tried to listen to things more to compensate for the limited eyesight. He put the thought out of his head though as Sahashkalila began to talk. She had never stroked a horse's neck. It was a sad thought to him since he knew horses were amazing animals.

He was playing with the idea of offering to let her pet him as a horse when Andalusia stood up suddenly, her hand going out to Sahashkalila, inviting to stand up. This caused him to tense in reaction, his legs shifting to a bent position so he could stand and run. ""Howlite will let you p-pet him, Kalila, h-he will!" she said. She was going to bring her mare closer for Sahashkalila to touch, but this also meant the predator. He had calmed down from her sudden movement, but the idea of the predator was not comforting. Even as they approached, Stigandr felt anxiety encroaching on any peace of mind he had, his 'fight or flight' instinct starting to override his training to not run. The idea of this dog not being a predator was still foreign to him, and one cannot simply override generations of knowledge that have become instinct for horses.

The mare and the dog both stopped several feet away, and he knew it was because of him. Andalusia was talking, "...if th-they come closer do you?" He had missed the first part, but was sure it was in regards to them coming in closer. Standing up and backing away a few feet, he nodded and watched the predator warily, ready to react as needed.
Stigandr
"Well, at least it's not Sunberth."

Words: 84130
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2012, 11:43 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sahashkalila on April 14th, 2012, 5:27 am

Kalila glanced and Andalusia in surprise, not expecting the offer that she had given her. Kalila was not sure if the two animals would even let her near them, but they seemed to approach without much hesitation and Kalila placed the mug of tea in front of Stigandr with a soft smile before she took Andalusia's hand and stood up, wringing her hands a bit nervously. She did not know how the horse would handle her petting him, but then again he had also approached without much complaint, stopping a few feet away from the group.

She also noticed that Stigandr had tensed as he kept his eyes on the approaching horse and dog, and she assumed that he was not comfortable around them yet. Her suspicions confirmed when he got up and moved away from them and she immediately felt silly for voicing her wish, she did not wish to make him uncomfortable. She bit her bottom lip for a moment or two before she knelt down and picked up the mug of tea, and then took it over to him slowly. She did not wish to startle him, much like a wild animal, and she then took his hand gently and placed the mug of tea in it, a soft smile of her face. "Be at easse my friend, you are not going to be harmed today. I think you will enjoy thiss,"she said before she turned to Andalusia. "It iss alright Anda, I will go to them." She then began to approach the horse cautiously with Andalusia beside her, her nerves once again threatening to overwhelm her. She stopped about a foot away from the animal, feeling suddenly dwarfed by the size of him. She didn't know what else to do and so she just stood there, not sure if she should reach out to him or not.
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Andalusia on April 20th, 2012, 5:12 pm

Howlite whinnied as the Dhani approached, taking a few steps back as she and her master closed in. Dante circled the pair and lay patiently on the grass, watching with amusement. Andalusia walked ahead of Kalila and rested her hand on the horse's neck, using her other to hold her reigns still. "Shh, it's alright, she won't hurt you, she won't hurt us," she whispered softly, soothingly, but the horse continued to shiver. She stroked Howlite gently, and though it calmed her down some, it did not relax her entirely.

"Come, Kalila," she said softly, urging her to step right in front of Howlite, "just r-reach out to her gently, v-very gently..." Howlite's eyes widened as the Dhani stood before her, the proximity causing her discomfort to escalate once more. "Shh, shh," Andalusia cooed, briefly letting go of the rains to hug her horse. Howlite grumbled, but as she felt her owner's embrace, she calmed down once more. "You'll be fine," she whispered repeatedly at her horse, who, under the soothing touch of her master, had stopped fidgeting. Andalusia gave Kalila the signal to pet her nose lightly.
Andalusia
"The sunrise is just as cold as the sunset."

Words: 116666
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sahashkalila on April 28th, 2012, 5:07 pm

This probably wasn't the best idea, which was all Kalila could think as she watched the obvious agitation in the horse. She was just as nervous as the horse, her palms slightly sweaty as she watched Andalusia try to calm her down. "I don't know Anda...perhapss I should jusst..."she began, but Andalusia was already encouraging forward and Kalila stood there awkwardly for a few moments before she hesitantly approached the animal once again.

She stepped forward very slowly, taking a deep breath as she stopped in front of the skittish animal. She reached out her hand very slowly, her nerves fluttering in her stomach as she placed her hand onto the horse's nose and pet her gently. It felt like soft velvet, with the occasional snort or two, but Kalila could feel the animal's tension beneath her fingertips and so she gently drew her hand away from her.

She stepped back a few paces to allow the animal a reprieve from her, giving Andalusia a small smile. "I can ssay that I have touched a horsse now, and I think that wass enough for both of uss." SHe would have loved to have been able to do more, but she was not about to push the animal to do something that she clearly did not want to do.
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Andalusia on May 3rd, 2012, 8:19 am

Howlite jerked at Kalila's touch, his face muscles tensing as the Dhani's fingers tickled his nose and almost had him sneezing. "There, see? She's a friend," Andalusia whispered happily, as she continued to pet and caress the Leopardbred. Howlite slowly eased up the longer he came in contact with Kalila, but the woman contracted before he could decide on anything. He neighed and took a step back, seemingly confused. What could have been considered a threat, was in fact, the opposite. The spotted horse bobbed his head at the Dhani from a slight distance.

"I-I'm sorry," the raven-haired girl smiled apologetically, her hands remaining at rest on top of Howlite's fair mane, "i-it takes t-time, but th-they'll warm up to y-you eventually, it'll be f-fine." She let go of Howlite and let him gallop towards Dante, who laid nearby, watching. "One day, y-you'll get to hug a horse, and th-then ride one!" Andalusia beamed, as she made her way towards Kalila and placed her hands on her wrists. Gingerly, she drew her eyes away from the Dhani's mesmerizing golden eyes to glance at Stigandr, who stood not so far away from them. "M-Maybe you c-could... G-Get him t-to sh-shift and let y-you touch h-him," she murmured, as she quickly faced Kalila once more. It seemed to be the better idea, as it seemed that Howlite hadn't satisfied her want, and who knows; he may even let her ride him.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
Andalusia
"The sunrise is just as cold as the sunset."

Words: 116666
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous