Sleep is for the Dead (Kalila)[Complete]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Sleep is for the Dead (Kalila)

Postby Roka on March 30th, 2012, 5:15 pm

He took in the direction to reach her place as they walked and she spoke of her patients. They could be considered her children if one only listened a little closer and it stabbed at a soft spot within Roka as she spoke of them. It made him want to care for them as well. He had no real impression of children that made an impact, he was not so long ago a child himself, but he couldn't recall any moments that had set his emotions towards them. He felt if she spoke of them in such a way, that he could love them too.

A smile lingered on his features at the thought. Soon they reached her dwelling. He looked over the furniture and the ingredients. It smelled like fresh spices and disinfectant. An odd combination but not surprisingly it was somewhat pleasant. He did feel like he was a smudge upon its clean confides though. He didn't want to touch anything, to move it out of place fearing he would ruin it. So instead he just looked around curiously. His golden eyes did not remain on one thing too long and his waist twisting to help him view his surrounding better.

Her last comment puzzled him some, that the place was not much, was not how he would have described it all. He thought it was quite something actually. “This is really great” He smiled at her after fully taking the room and he almost felt sorry that he would not be able to curl up her feet as a fox while he stayed here, at least not for a while.
Roka
Scavenger

Words: 86540
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2012, 9:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sahashkalila on March 30th, 2012, 5:46 pm

She watched him as he looked around her home, taking the veil off as she did so. She let out a sigh of content and draped the material over the back of one of the chairs. He looked odd in her small home, his presence filling up the room more than she ever did. Perhaps it was because she felt lonely and did not have anyone that really came to visit her other than the children. She loved when the children visited, but sometimes she craved an adult presence, something that she could freely talk to about whatever came to mind. She was once again pleased that she had offered her home to him and hoped that he would be happy there.

"I do not complain about it, not when mosst people do not have a home to go to,"she said with a shrug of her shoulders in response to him, clearing some of the paperwork that littered her table. She stacked it into neat piles along the side of the table and sat down in a chair, gesturing for him to do the same. "Relax a bit Roka, I have Ssomething I wissh to sshow you,"she said with a chuckle, reaching over to pull out a sheet of paper that had become very dear to her heart and slid it across the table to him.

It was a drawing that Easton had brought her, his younger sister having drawn it. It was a crude picture of Kalila and the little girl holding hands, a thank you for treating her. She was very fond of the two children and Easton came to visit her rather often. "One of the children gave thiss to me recently....perhapss they will draw one of you too. I'm ssure they will love you." She had no doubt that the children would and she was sure that they would meet him ssoon. "Perhapss you can go with me when I vissit them in Tent Town."
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roka on March 31st, 2012, 3:09 pm

Roka sat at her requesting pulling at the base of the wooden chair and seating himself, and clasping his hands in lap as she waited for her to return. He watched her grab for a sheet of paper, tan and with dark scribbles on it. He straightened in his seat looking at it curiously until she passed it across to him. He examined it, unsure of what he was looking at until she explained it. Then he smiled. The children had given her a gift, as best they could. Much like a grateful cat would deliver a dead mouse to its master's doorstep. Obviously it was an action of adoration. He looked back up at her as she explained that maybe they would draw pictures of him after visiting the Tent Towns for some time. It was an intriguing thought, to think he would possibly be adored by small human children. He looked back down at the drawing and chuckled. "You really think so?" he asked her quietly. Her invitation was an accepted one, he was ready to travel there and help where he could though he was a little apprehensive. He wasn't sure he would be very good at it, and surely the children wouldn't enjoy him as much as her. He nodded in response to her invite and continued to look at the drawing before setting it back on the table.

"Do you mind, if I fetch a few of my things and place them here. I promise it's not much." he stood his palm resting on the tabletop, and began to turn to leave. As he opened the door he turned to her one final time "Thank you." he offered quietly and then exited the estate.
Roka
Scavenger

Words: 86540
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2012, 9:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Sleep is for the Dead (Kalila)[Complete]

Postby Ink on April 12th, 2012, 1:44 am

And in the Aftermath . . .

The Rewards are Revealed.

Roka :
Skills:
Observation 1
Storytelling 1
Navigation 1

Lores:
Kalila the Healer
Kalila's Home

Kalila :
Skills:
persuasion 1
Storytelling 1

Lores:

Lonesome Roka
Offering a Stranger Shelter

Written in the ink :
If there are any concerns or problems with my grading please feel free to toss me a PM. I am more than happy to explain my reasons or reevaluate them if you feel I've been unfair.

Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous