Two can keep a secret (Genesis)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Khalanssmiasook on March 21st, 2012, 3:05 pm

OOCHey, so I figured this is ending soon. Unless you wanted to drag it out a bit we can go ahead and both do our closing up posts ^-^

“So accommodating you are!”
Sook was generally feeling in good spirits, it made her want to hit someone. She resisted of course—barely. “Everyone’s secrets are hidden in their past, if you can tell me things they wish not to be known—things they hide…then I won’t spill your secret.”

Sook resumed their walk, suddenly a bit irritable. She had few pieces to play a true game. Even for as long as she had been here. It was irksome, she wanted to watch someone bleed now. But the best played game was the best laid game. Each piece needed to be in position and gathering them was half the fun. Of course, this knowledge did not stop her impatience and it showed in her tone, her words now dripping poison.

“You would give me anything you think is of interest. Anything and everything. If it is valuable, maybe I’ll swing you something if now…I’m not into pain, dollface.” Her body slowly released tension as they walked, her sudden mood change slipping back to being ridiculously pleased, “You on the other hand seem like you’d take to it very well.”

Stopping at a seemingly random street corner Sook turned to Genesis fully. Not bothering to stop her eyes from wandering the girls frame. She would be good enough for now and maybe later she would be of true use to Sook. For now, these little bits of information would be ever so helpful. “I won’t need specifics unless I ask. In which case you will hunt for that person and tell me everything.”

Stepping closer to the young woman she stopped only when their faces were centimeters apart, silent for a few moments. Trying to decipher best how to use her new toy but finally she gave a delicate shrug and not moving away spoke.

“You work for me now, dollface. Never forget that. You do anything remotely stupid and there will be nothing left of you.” There was no threat or cruelty in her voice, this was fact, plain and simple. If the girl tried to sell her out she’d make sure not even her bones would be left for finding.

Finally she backed away and waited. The girl had already accepted, now she just needed to be sure, wishy-washy people were no good. Sook would blackmail a person into a submission but she wouldn’t force them, well not with actions. And something told her if she pushed to girl too far she’d hit her. She wasn’t fond of pain and she did not want to get angry enough to attack the girl—not yet anyway.

She'd leave the true final decision to her.
Khalanssmiasook
Shall we play a game?

Words: 19999
Joined roleplay: February 27th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Genesis on March 22nd, 2012, 8:12 pm

Genesis watched the woman carefully as she retreated a few steps. As long as she gave this woman the information she needed, everything would be okay. Maybe the woman would even protect her contact, making life for Genesis a tad bit easier. But, if she messed up...

Then again she had no choice, she could make this work, she had to! "Alright, fine. Ill tell you what you want to know, tell me how and I'll do it." she wanted instructions so she could leave. Her body itched to turn around and move away from the tense situation.

She wanted this over, Ravok was possibly the worst place she could have gone to escape prosecution. Her divination was bringing her far more negatives than it was help. Why was Avalis doing this to her?

Knowing she would walk away perfectly fine, let a little color drain back into her face. Genesis let herself breathe deep and droop her shoulders slightly. This was manageable. If she could have anything in her life right then, it would be someone to care about her to hold her safe when she got home. Sadly, that was only a nice dream.
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Khalanssmiasook on March 23rd, 2012, 2:52 am

Thread EndI'll let you post your ending post then go ahead and turn it in for grading ^-^ I look forward to their next encounter |:)

“Can’t tell you everything yet, dollface. But I’ll give you a name or a rumor to watch out for and you will do just that.” Sook clasped her hands behind her back, she had expected more of a fight. The girl had only sagged her shoulders and looked every bit defeated, save for her eyes. Her eyes seemed to give off some sort of confidence. She was not one to give up to easily.

“Since your lovely lady friend gave you a marking…you will use that marking to search their past. If I tell you a name, you looked for some horrible secret—“ here she grinned a bit too widely, “--much like your own. If I tell you a phrase or rumor to watch out for just sift. Peoples hidden things are always in plain view.”

“Just like yours. They try too hard to hide it and end up looking pathetically obvious.”

As she finished up her parting words, Sook had slowly been inching away from the girl. They had dawdled in one place for far too long. Any longer and they would attract attention she was not yet ready for. Giving a wide wave and great, bright smile Sook shouted her goodbye jubilantly and hurried through the throng of people. The poor section of the city was almost more crowded than the market place.

But the boy was easily spotted, exactly where he should be.

“Go tell her I will send you when I need her. And nothing else.” Dropping one more silver coin in his palm Sook walked away without a backwards glance. All in all, it had been an interesting event, smoother than she anticipated and she was a tad disappointed but mostly pleased. This girl would be more useful than any other spy or informant one could ask for.

What an interesting game she could make. She just needed to find all the rest of her pieces.
Khalanssmiasook
Shall we play a game?

Words: 19999
Joined roleplay: February 27th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Genesis on March 23rd, 2012, 7:07 pm

Genesis just stood there, abandoned in an empty sort of street. Finally, she was alone. No one was there to threaten her or attack her, but all the same, she felt incredibly vulnerable. At the very least, she could leave and do whatever it is that pleased her. Genesis could always go home, but the idea of being by herself in her shop and her apartment was not appealing.

"Sook will send me when she needs me," the ratty little boy rattled off as he ran up to her. His tiny fist clenched around something silver. With a smile, he ran back into the crowd of people.

Truthfully, things could have gone worse. She could lie dead in an ally, blood staining her dark black cloak. She could have been sold into slavery or prostitution. She could have been tortured or handed over to the Ebonstryfe. Everything would be ok, she just knew it.

Genesis did not turn towards home to sulk in her apartment, nor did she follow her blackmailer into the throng of people. She headed off in a third direction, long dark hair bouncing behind her.
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on April 5th, 2012, 7:10 pm

Khalanssmiasook

• +2 Interrogation
  • +3 Intimidation

Expenses: -1gm, 2sm to pay the boy

Lores: Using Urchins to Find People, Secret: Genesis used to be a Prostitute, Blackmailing Genesis

Genesis

• +1 Interrogation
  • +1 Intimidation

Lores: Holding your ground, Blackmailed

You Question My Logic? :
Well, there wasn't a whole lot I could give out in this thread, but if you feel I missed anything or shorthanded you, feel free to PM me and we'll discuss.

Notes: Okay, so I just wanted to make one comment on something from the very beginning of the thread. Genesis said Ravokian men can't romance her... Ravok is like, the romance capitol of Mizahar. Romantic setting, rich men who will go all out to win a womans heart (although they migh just want to sleep with you). Ravok is a very romantic place. But that's not really relevant to the thread.. I just wanted to comment on that. Anyway, I really enjoyed this thread. I love games of intrigue, and I hope to see something awesome evolve from this new relationship. Keep up the good work!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread.

If your CS is already up to date, you have nothing to worry about.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous