[Flashback] Sparks and Flame (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Evalin on March 24th, 2012, 3:52 am

33rd of Fall, 314 AV

It had been a year... An entire year since her last breath. How strange... that even now, as she gazed upon eternity, Evalin could still think of life in terms of time. She was not separated from the world, on a different plane of existence from all those mortals that must judge their each and every action by the tick of the clock. No longer did Eva worry of such trivialities as death, for now she had stepped beyond it entirely.

However, there was one minor limitation, a single drawback to her new form of life.

"This body... it is weak..."

Yes... as one of the undead, Eva had quickly found that she was useless if ever they came a physical confrontation. Her body...

It is useless to me... So I must...

It was a shell, a husk. It was a carrier for her mind, her soul and her goals. It was merely a transportation device, a temporary state of being as she progressed on and on into the future... However, what good was it to live if one was at the mercy of any who would openly defy her? There had to be a way... And so she found it...

Evalin stood within Rayage's lab, sitting in front of the desk of the one who had made her what she was. Her hand she held directly before her eyes, the thin fingers curled slightly as she concentrated with the uttermost of her being.

Be I of flesh and bone, yet still as fragile as shale... this is my existance then? Her brow furrowed as she concentrated harder, Of this I would defy. Curse those of the living who might best me one on one, for now I shall obtain a new weapon with which to conquer them as well...

For what felt like hours, as if it truly mattered, Evalin forced her sould to stir within her, to call upon that strength, that substance of the world that was called djed. With slow and conscience motions, she stirred that being, that essence of life until it began to flow within her, leaking forth to fill her open palm.

Her eyes strained to see that which she held, this shapeless, formless mass of nothingness, This power... So shall I harness it, best it and make it my own. With this which I hold now, none shall stand against me. None shall dare to oppose me in my will...

That mass of Res, for yes it was such now, was then shifted, mentally thrust into motion by an iron will that would see it streaming upwards, altering its state of being so that it but a cloud of force send steaming from her finger tips. With a sudden out-breath, the girl's command jolted through it and the room was lit by a sudden burst of flame that flickered from existence as quick as it had come.

A smile touched Eva's lips as she looked at her fingers, "Yes... With this I shall see the very world of mortals crumble to ash..."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lazybones on May 1st, 2012, 4:02 am

Thread Complete!

Notes: Interesting! I really hope you write the Initiation thread when Evalin first gains the ability to use Reimancy. That would be fascinating.

Evalin
Award :
Skills: Reimancy +1, Meditation +1

Lores: Standing on the edge of eternity, A Nuit's Husk
I am a friendly fascist. I am a tyrant that you should trust. And you should let me run your life, because I do know what is best for you.

RavokBlack SunEbonstryfeRhysolThe VoiceRavok IC
Lazybones
Could be wrong, should be right.

Words: 80514
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 9:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office