A Routine Measurement (Open)

[The Bizarre] Eridanus is dispatched by the Department of Illusions to check the serviceability of illusions in Alvadas' mass market.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

A Routine Measurement (Open)

Postby Eridanus on March 24th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Day 73, Spring of 512 AV
Mid Afternoon
The Bizarre

Eridanus grumbled as he navigated his way to the famous place that was the center of trade in Alvadas. His higher-ups at the DOI had reckoned that it was time to get a report on the 'serviceability of illusions', in their own words, of The Bizarre. It was a pretty mundane job that no one wanted to do, and so he as the rookie was dispatched to do it. Still, it was needed as the djed storm had destroyed quite a large portion of the building. Freshly repaired, the DOI still needed their own statistics on the actual state of the illusions that maintained the mind-boggling space of the Bizarre.

In his hands was a metallic gizmo that looked like a twisted key, except that its real function was to act as a navigational tool. It was similar in concept to the way the residents of Alvadas used their key's weak magnetic pull to locate their own houses. The tool he had been given was the most basic one in the DOI's arsenal, and the weakest of its variety for he had not yet gained their trust for them to entrust more expensive gadgets to him.

The tool had the same magnetic pull, but it could only hold only one location in memory, and he had to reprogram the twisted key back at headquarters should he want a new location. He had heard that the later models had multiple locations, and that one could change the location with vocal activations.

Oh well.

The key flashed a dull red color, and the magnetic pull stopped, signifying that his destination had been reached. Eridanus glanced at the nondescript building, knowing that the interior was way larger than the exterior.

Just another illusions.

With another sigh, he entered the building.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)