Social Graces(Zandelia)

Leon meets Zandelia

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Social Graces(Zandelia)

Postby Leon Von Strova on April 1st, 2012, 3:56 am

21st of Spring, 512 AV

Leon sat within the Pigs Foot tavern, watching the fire that sat nearby. He was one of many patrons in tonight, and not all of them friendly to thieves. Still, he kept his hood up and his mouth shut, knowing very few would approach him, people didn't like his eyes he heard. He was awaiting someone worth speaking too, as he fixed the cloak on his shoulders, adjusting the straps along them. Next came the adjustment of his black gauntlets, tightening the straps against his biceps, as he sighed, "Why is it that I never find anyone of interest? No one here from the Crimson, it seems." He looked around, seeking someone, or perhaps something worth dealing with. Silently, he closed his eyes, listening to his inner thoughts with but a sigh, "C'mon, something needs to happen."
Leon Von Strova
The Silent Death

Words: 15951
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2012, 2:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Social Graces(Zandelia)

Postby Zandelia on April 4th, 2012, 2:02 am

Zandelia was sat in a shadowy corner of the Pig’s Foot tavern, her thoughts tumbling throughout her mind with a speed that was all too frightening. She always tried to maintain control, however more recently she had felt a pulling within her heart, her soul whispering things to her that she had never thought of before. Perhaps it was a showing of how her skills were beginning to truly grow, budding like so many blossoms of a tree before the petals showered in their thousands, each one to the ground to nurture new life. Still, she could not escape the beginnings of suspicion, of her brain slithering in musings upon her sanity. For now, however, she managed to keep herself in check – her ruminations shaped and controlled by her iron willpower.

With a little help from meditative practices thrown into the cauldron too she felt the thought bubble ripple through her mind.

As she sat in her shadowy sanctum, feeling for all the world as if they were lovingly protecting her within their folds, her eyes were closed and her breathing was gradually easing to the point of one breath every two seconds. Her hands were flat upon the table and her knowledge of her surroundings were limited at best. She held little fear, however, for she had worked out an arrangement with the owner of the Pig’s Foot himself – Merv the merciless. She had learnt one fact from Garret’s return, that she was woefully unprepared for combative intelligence. She needed connections, friend and invested parties. Merv was not upon that list yet, however she hoped he would one day enter as one of the names. For now she would settle for helping him watch over the Pig’s Foot tavern in exchange for keeping an eye upon her rear.

“It takes little of my effort after all, just a few names and faces of conmen and never-do-wells. His life is the tavern. Those who protect it go up in his estimation” she whispered to herself as she consciously slowed her breathing further and tried to dispel all knowledge of her surroundings for the moment.

She retreated inwards, the blackest veils falling around her senses as her mind became fully bent upon her breathing and the emptiness within. Breathing in through her nose, holding it for a few seconds now as her stomach muscles worked in her favor, before exhaling gently and slowly through her mouth. All became stillness after what seemed an eternity, her mind finally a stony island amidst a tumultuous ocean of thoughts, knowledge and desires. It was a mental picture she was forced to use, a focus due to her lack of experience. She did not know why it worked for her, only that it did. From her islands she could draw from the pool that was her brain at her whim, taking pieces here and portions there.

Analytical intelligence at its finest she thought, just before she was jolted back to reality by the gentle tapping of a barmaid sent by Merv, her eyes flickering open and taking a few seconds to see properly. The barmaid whispered into her ear and Zandelia’s gaze flicked to Merv and got a short nod towards the center of the tavern.

“Problem?” she asked the lass, her hands curling upon the half-cup of watery ale and sipped slightly to wet her throat.

“No, only that one of your…people. They are in alone and you asked to be told if any came in and looked like they might need company. Company breeds enjoyment, best for you and us” she smiled at Zandelia and recognition set in as she realized she had bedded her before now.

“True enough,” she responded as she passed a silver to the girl, “sure he’s Crimson?” she asked, knowing the answer already but wanting to be sure.

“We see enough of you all to Know Zandelia, some see more than others” the girl stated before blushing and turning away.

Zandelia nodded to Merv before levering herself u and walking into the more open spaces of the tavern. It was not hard to spot the man they spoke of, and he was definitively a member of the Crimson Edge. She had not met him personally, however she had seen him in training and around various places before. As she walked up behind him softly she could almost feel his frustration, not needing to hear his words – strongly spoken – to guess that something was gnawing at him. She shook her head and put her hand upon his shoulder gently.

“Oh, I’m sure something will, lad. Something always happens around here, not always for the better. Let’s not wish it upon ourselves eh?” she greeted him with as she walked past him and sat down opposite, signaling for more ale to be brought to the table as she did so.

“So you are bored? Or perhaps you lost a fight? There must be a reason for you to want something to happen, do tell” she asked him over the rim of her cup, the ale placed upon the table and the barmaid earning yet another silver, and one to take back to Merv also for his aid.

Always best to build bridges strongly she thought as she regarded the man before her.

“Zandelia, by the way, is my name and you are a member of our group I have yet to meet in person, if I am not msitaken. Consider yourself well met indeed” she stated before pouring out a cup of ale for the both of them.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Social Graces(Zandelia)

Postby Leon Von Strova on April 5th, 2012, 3:23 am

"Leon Von Strova. A Prospect of our group." The Man had a soft voice, lilting and gentle. But the hard edge in his eyes gave away that he knew the streets, the very core of the animals that roamed there. "A Monk...and thief in service to the Edge." He continued as he offered his hand across the table for a moment, before taking the ale. He wasn't the most trusting person, but still, he knew she was one of his comrades in the Crimson Edge. Yet still, could he trust this woman, as beautiful as she was. "Nice to meet ya, Zandelia. I think I'll just call ye Zan." The Monk spoke softly as he sipped his ale, drinking the contents slowly. "What brings you out to this tavern? Surely not little old me?"
Leon Von Strova
The Silent Death

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Social Graces(Zandelia)

Postby Zandelia on April 10th, 2012, 12:25 am

A thief it seems? I wonder if he truly possesses the skills that he claims? Most do not, are full of bravado and tall tales. Still, he could be useful indeed if he speaks truly. Some probing is needed I think she thought to herself as she sat there, looking him p and down in so far as was possible through the hard oaken table.

“Zan will be fine. My name is increasingly of little importance, only what I do matters,” she spoke to him, almost enigmatically she fancied, “and what I am doing at this moment is choosing to talk to you. I knew not that you were here, however now that I do I think it might be best t spend some time with you. How can you be used by the Crimson Edge without being known after all?” she ended with the question, leaving him open to wondering whether it was for the good of the Crimson edge she was there or not – it was better to keep people wondering after all, you learned more.

She took a sip of her watery ale and wondered how to proceed with things from her current position. She had been pointed to Leon and she trusted the staff and the fact they knew when she was either needed or would benefit from something. They knew more about their patrons than Zandelia could ever hope to learn after all. Seeing as Leon was under no real immediate threat she was inclined to think that they saw an opportunity for her, though what that was she was still piecing together methodically. He was a thief but she had not heard of his name amongst their circles, he claimed to be a monk but showed little sign of perspective changing philosophies. No, he was quite the mystery.

And mysteries are what I excel at, perhaps that is the clue she mused as she placed her cup upon the oak table and tilter her head to the side in old habit.

“You are a thief you say? Brave of you to admit that, even to myself. Thieves are necessary but never treated with kindness by most. So either you think I am nicer or you think here is advantage in telling me of such proclivities,” she spoke next, her works careful and measured, “and little old you did not bring me here, but it seems to be the most intriguing prospect here at the moment” she continued.

“And a monk also? A strange profession to steal your way aside isn’t it? Monks are supposed to be pious and naive aren’t they? Yet you choose to steal. Tell me, do you tell stories of your thefts like the other rogues, or do you choose to live upon merit of reputation? Because some parties would be interested to know of your stance upon such matters. Discretion can be valued in some corners of this dank city. So, would you tell me a story of your trials? I would repay you in kind” she asked hi, wondering if she could tease some truth from his lips without really needing to see anything in truthful action.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Social Graces(Zandelia)

Postby Leon Von Strova on April 11th, 2012, 12:28 am

"I do not brag. Nor do I claim to be one of those old fools atop a mountain hiding away. I was born and lived in this place, in the slums no less. My mother taught me her ways as a monk, my father his ways as a thief." He stated as he shrugs, "But as to my beliefs. When one works well, that says it all." The Man stated, "As to why I told you, Zan. Well, I do not like lying to those I would call comrade." He chuckles as he looks at her, "Nor do I enjoy being known and in the open." He pointed out as he shrugs. He looks to her, speaking softly, "Now, do you want to see me pick a lock or do you prefer me to tell you that the break in, not five streets over, was my own handiwork?" He asked, chuckling softly. There had been no break in near the tavern that Leon knew of, but still.
Leon Von Strova
The Silent Death

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Social Graces(Zandelia)

Postby Zandelia on April 17th, 2012, 12:47 am

“So, an honorable thief we have here? An oddity indeed,” Zandelia smiled to herself, hiding it with the rim of her clay goblet, “I hope that your morals are of the right sort though Leon, for otherwise you may find yourself in more trouble than being named and in the open. That is some advice I can give you for free” she spoke softly, her gaze keeping his eyes pinned as far as she could, trying to read what lay within their depths.

He could be dangerous to keep around if he is of the wrong inclinations, however he is worth a chance. Good thieves are hard to come by in this city, ironic as hat might seem she thought to herself as she ran his words through her mind, cross-referencing it with her own knowledge.

She knew much of what happened in the areas surrounding the slave markets, she had invested too much in its trawling for hidden treasures of data to leave many stone unturned or geodes smashed open in her wake. She would be the first to admit her rudimentary network, growing and still forming as it was, was far from what she desired. However, it brought her enough knowledge upon the basics that she was fairly certain Leon was bluffing as to his practical handiwork. She was always seeking for weaknesses to exploit within the slaver ranks, having everything from casualty reports to stock movements tracked and relayed to her as far as was possible. A break in close to the Pig’s foot tavern, a place she was having watched in her attempt to foster relations with Merv, a future enterprise, would have been noted and reported to her – she held no such knowledge.

Not to say I am wrong, or that we did not miss something, only that it is unlikely. Bluff can be countered with bluff after all, especially with more intelligence to hand lad she thought as she mused upon the phrasing she would use.

“There has been no break in my light-fingered friend, and if you wish to know how I knew that or how to best my knowledge of current events then you will have to try a little harder” Zandelia winked at him, pursing her lips slightly to make it more sultry than cheeky at its ending – she would use any tool at her disposal, looks included.

“Still I could help you with that a little if you so chose to ask, information being more powerful in building both wealth, and reputation, than a sword can ever be, believe me. I am interested in your talents, in…using…them for certain purposes,” Zandelia told Leon as she finished her beverage with a twist to her full lips, “ still I think I would like to take your offer first – see what you can do before I plan too far ahead.

“So, care to put your lock picks where your mouth is Leon? Show me what you can achieve with resolve and deception?” she asked him, almost teasingly now as she tried to get a rise out of him, to cajole him into revealing his true skills for judgement.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Social Graces(Zandelia)

Postby Leon Von Strova on April 17th, 2012, 8:43 pm

Leon sighed as she took up his offer, chuckling "Well. You ain't as stupid as others would assume. Good, otherwise you would have seen me walk away. I suppose you got an offer?" The Thief asked as his face betrayed little beyond boredom. It was hard to get a rise from the stoic male, but still, he was only human. He spoke softly as he nods "Honor is rare among thieves but we do have it." He offered his hand "I'll give you my skills, if you lend me your own. I am hunting a mage, and rumors don't come often to my ears."
Leon Von Strova
The Silent Death

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Social Graces(Zandelia)

Postby Zandelia on April 18th, 2012, 1:33 am

Zandelia looked at Leon for a long few moments as his words sank into her and her gaze took in his extended arm in offering of a partnership, however loose and precarious it would be at its beginning. She smiled at the opportunities that were laid out before her, each a single stone with which to build the road she wished to cultivate and travel across. The trick was not so much in the placing of said metaphorical stones, there were hundreds to choose from, but it was in picking the right stones to construct it from. She wished for solid partnerships and relations with those she let into her inner domain. Rigorous planning and good decisions were central to her concepts and desires. She merely hoped that he would pick the right ones. It seemed, to her mind at least, that she had already been handed one too.

He seeks what I seek and so it requires little changes of plan, nor effort to give him what he desires. He does not need to know that it is an easy enough trade, only that I have acquiesced to it she thought to herself as she extended her hand slowly to grip his wrist.

“I shall hold you to that honor Leon, you can count on that much at least,” she told him as she squeezed his arm firmly for a moment before withdrawing her own, the bond began, “and as to the other, well I see no reason not to track them down for you, though it may take some time” she stated simply.

“Rumors and hearsay come to me frequently indeed and I think I know a piece of what you desire to know, to find. The target is tricksome and hard to find though, I have been making my own enquiries with only modest success for now. Rest assured, however, when I know I know here to find you” she smiled at him as she finished her cup of ale and wondered if it was worth getting any more, deciding against it eventually – for now.

She took a few moments of deep thought as she rifled through the catalogued depths of her mind in search of something that the man could use in the interim, just until she had managed to dredge up more upon the mysterious mage. The mage was a quandary that she found relish in, magic being a much despised and gossiped topic in the city. The telling of his persona and abilities grew with each telling, always hushed in the dark hours of the night as the fire began to become little more than embers. Shadows lurked with the words and the tellers would have all convinced the mage could control minds and destroy fortresses with little effort indeed. Zandelia, however had learnt a little more over the days of ceaseless searching. She had some leads on locations perhaps and knew his abilities to be more akin to her own inclinations than anything else – or so she was beginning to believe.

“I do have something that we can use now though, in demonstration of your talents should you have the mind? A house lies empty this night, nestled within the Castel Commons and ripe for the picking apparently. Indeed not a fortress to be infiltrated, but something worth looking into?” she offered him by way of affirmation of their newly forged vows.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Social Graces(Zandelia)

Postby Leon Von Strova on April 19th, 2012, 12:44 am

"Small is best. Less chances of witnesses.." He offered, pushing up from the table as he looks at her, "Shall we go? I rather get this over and done with." The Thief stated, as he offered the female his hand. His trust seemed to be given, but could one truly earn the trust of one so paranoid, and distrustful, after all he was one of those mages. He looked down at her, "Are you going to lead the way, or must I go alone and stalk the treasures?" He joked at her.
Leon Von Strova
The Silent Death

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Social Graces(Zandelia)

Postby Zandelia on April 22nd, 2012, 12:27 am

“Direct, simple and progressive,” Zandelia spoke out with a smile as she stood up from her own chair, pushing it back with the backs of her knees as her hands braced upon the table momentarily, “I think I like the way you think Leon, we could do well together indeed – so long as you remember who direct the missions” she blew a kiss at him then with her lips only, just to see his reaction.

Zandelia finished her drink smoothly, one large gulp getting rid of the last remnants within the clay cup, and left a silver piece for the barmaid when she signaled for her to come over and relieve the table of its clutter. Zandelia patted Leon’s shoulder and strode past him and towards the door, weaving her way deftly through the patrons blocking her path and reaching her destination without incident. Pushing open the door she stepped out into the gathering twilight, the cool breezes from the coast refreshing her senses after the musty interior of the Pig’s Foot tavern and its sweat-stained walls. She paused, breathing deeply and waiting for Leon to walk up beside her, waiting for instruction upon the endeavor. She closed her eyes, stilled her mind and centered her existence into what lay ahead, only what lay ahead of them.

One evening, one property, two people and one goal – unity in motive, unity in application she thought to herself before opening her eyes once again and setting off towards the Castle Commons region of Sunberth.

“The stalking is out today Leon, but the lock breaking, larceny and running is still very much to the palette of this escapade. However, we will be arriving early enough to watch the place for a Bell or so before doing anything rash,” she told the thief-monk in hushed tones as they walked, “we wouldn’t want to get inside and found out we have been misled now, would we?” she tilted her head to the side to look at his face to gauge the reaction to that piece of information. After all, not many liked to wait patiently when they could brazenly attack their goals instead.

“Still, if what I have been led to believe is true the resident will be otherwise occupied for this night, a whore at Brega’s who likes to drug her clients into sleeping through the night with her. More money made and Brega is all about the coin so they say,” she continued, her own brief experiences of the woman all the confirmation she needed for that side of the tale to add up properly, “but we want this to be quick, clean and concentrated” she rolled off towards, the end of her diatribe now.

“No guards apparently, but it pays to be cautious as I’m sure you know. The loot, however, is hidden in several rooms and spread out. We will have to search for it quickly and thoroughly. If we can’t get it all then so be it, but a good portion would be nice as a positive on top of learning if we work well enough together” she smiled then, leading them both across the bridge across the river and began their entrance into the Castle Commons area.

They then made their way towards the north of the residential portion of the area ducking into several alleyways until they came out towards the end of one which would tumble them out into a main street once again. Directly across from the exit to the alleyway was a house and, as Zandelia indicated by a slight nod of the head, it was their target for the evening. She leant against the wall, her Shadowsilk Robes blending her well enough with the shadows that she felt confident her usual caution would be enough to alert them to any untoward notice.

“And here we are, my friend. Any questions so far? Anything you want to know at all? Choose your words well for we only have a Bell at most to converse and watch before full height of the night’s darkness is upon us” she asked Leon as he stood across from her.

Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next