First day in a new place (Liar)

Kit arrives in Nyka and is unsure what to do next. Some nice people offer a suggestion.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Kit on July 8th, 2012, 6:29 pm

Kit looked at the sore knees in confusion. Leave? Why would he leave? Food was here. Speaking of which... Kit wandered straight toward the room where he had last smelled food, sniffing around to make sure it was still there, or to find where it would have moved to. He immediately ran into the source of the clacking heels.

Kit gave the woman a dopey grin, momentarily distracted from his food quest by pride for having completed a task. "I told the Card man what you said. Can I have food now?" Then Kit frowned. "He said to tell you something... ooh, what was it?" After wracking his brains, he finally beamed and declared happily, "He said the next boy you send won't come back!"
Kit
Very Clever for a Skunk

Words: 31282
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2012, 4:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Liar on July 11th, 2012, 12:06 am

The imperious composure of their earlier encounter had all but disappeared from Viola Glen’s face by the time they met again, replaced instead by exasperation. There were many things wrong with the day, things which had occurred in Kit’s absence and outside of Kit’s control, but unfortunately he had arrived at precisely the right moment to receive the response to all of it. Card’s message was the last thing she wanted to hear.

“What did you say to me!” She growled, and a piece of her otherwise perfectly tied hair flailed furiously above her brow. Her knuckles were white on her fists and she sighed noisily. “How dare he threaten me!”

Her eyes dipped for an instant and her anger immediately changed topics. “Where is your pin? Do you know how much that’s worth? If you think you’ll be getting any sort of reward for that, you are sadly mistaken. Your bedroom is at the end of the hall. Go there now and stay there until you are called!”

With that, she huffed in the opposite direction to some other urgent thing.

Only when she was out of sight did Sore Knees emerge again. She did not look at the door which she had offered to Kit; she seemed similarly aware of the comforts she would receive here, despite the cruelties. “She doesn’t get better,” the girl consoled meekly. “But you get used to her.”

She offered him a small, pale hand. “Come on, you can have some of my dinner tonight.”
Liar
This statement is false.

Words: 175519
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2011, 10:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Kit on July 14th, 2012, 3:22 pm

Kit cringed when the scary lady yelled at him. He didn't mean to be bad! He just wanted everyone to play happily together... but he didn't know what he'd done wrong... and now he wasn't even allowed to eat? His stomach growled urgently, and he looked and felt like he was about to cry.

When Sore Knees spoke comfortingly to him, he felt a little better. When she offered him her food, he practically leaped up in ecstatic glee! "Thank you thank you thank you!" he excalimed, hugging her tightly. Feeling overall pretty good about his situation, he happily trotted off to the place the scary lady had told him was for sleeping.
Kit
Very Clever for a Skunk

Words: 31282
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2012, 4:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Liar on July 15th, 2012, 7:12 pm

EXPERIENCE AWARD

Kit

Skill Points
Running 3
Rhetoric 2
Persuasion 1
Politics 1

Lore
Streetplan of the Flaxen District, Nyka
Nyka’s Tricky Rules
The Bonds of Slavery
Bathed by a Girl
Hello, I’m Hungry

Occupation
As a slave of Nyka, Kit does not have access to the money in his ledger until you write a thread that includes both gaining freedom and retrieving the gold. The only exception is the deduction of living expenses. If he gains money IC, he may use it in future threads.

Notes
I awarded rhetoric for explaining his talents and relaying the message, persuasion for his persistence in asking for food (even though he was ultimately unsuccessful), and politics for getting mixed up in the Card v. Viola business. It was fun writing with you! I’m looking forward to watching how Kit handles his new environment. :D
Liar
This statement is false.

Words: 175519
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2011, 10:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous