Going Forward [Sariana, Sylkra]

Meet and greet for the travel buddies.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Nira'lia on April 11th, 2012, 5:14 pm

60th Spring, 512 AV

Nira'lia looked up at the sky and saw that it was clear. That was good, it meant that today would be a good start for a journey. Hopefully, the upcoming days would be just as good as well. The only two cities she had ever gone to were Sunberth and Zeltiva, and now she was about to make her way to Alvadas. The route that had been suggested to her was to get to Syliras by road, then travel to Alvadas by boat.

She felt incredibly nervous but excited at the same time. Nira'lia didn't know exactly why she needed to go the city of illusions yet. All she had was an incredibly strong urge to do so, accompanied with faded images of a man she had met years ago.

The Konti smiled to herself and made for the city exit. She had said goodbye to her mother and sisters -- they had understood her need to leave, and her sisters had been very envious. They too wanted out of the city, but without a reason, they could just not ask their mother for permission.

It was the first time Nira'lia would be without them, and she admitted to herself that she knew nothing about the outside world. She stood right outside the city of Zeltiva, watching the people enter and leave. Her mother had told her that today, some other people would be making the same journey as she was, and if she stood at that spot, she would meet them. Her mother was very vague, and sounded very bitter when Nira'lia asked for health. All she had been told was: 'When you see them, you'll know it's them.'

Nira'lia's fortune telling skills were not as adept to make such accurate predictions yet, but she trusted her mother, and she wondered who her companions would be. She knew that they would find it very strange that a stranger would know about the journey they'd be making, and so Nira'lia started to think about how she would go about it.
Last edited by Nira'lia on April 12th, 2012, 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sylkra on April 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Sylkra wandered through the city mindlessly. She had no thoughts whatsoever, aimlessly going through the streets and watching all the people. It was a nice day, nicer than yesterday. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, everything seemed fit. Sylkra was wandering through the city, not thinking about anything. She watched the birds as they scuttled on the ground, looking for food. She was in human form, wearing her usual skins. She had an odd feeling, like she was forgetting something, but she couldn't figure out what.

She decided to sit down on an rusty old bench to figure out what she was missing. She ran everything through her head, her backpack, it was on her back, her master... wait, she didn't have one yet. Wait, master. People, travel mates! Yes! She needed to meet the people that would accompany her through her journey to Alvadas! She jumped right off the bench and sped towards the city gates. But she stopped in her tracks. What if they didn't like her? What if they were mean? Sylkra blushed and continued, but walked this time. Very slowly. Her heart raced, her palms sweat... and before she knew it she was standing in the entrance to Zeltiva. She looked around for anyone, and found a konti, standing near the gates. There was no one else around, so Sylkra assued that was the girl she was looking for.

Sylkra was never a conversation starter though, so she instead walked out of the gates, and stopped to sit on a bench. Maybe the konti would come and start the conversation.
"If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you've done and whoever you were and throw them away."

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Words: 65240
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2012, 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sariana on April 11th, 2012, 9:22 pm

"Oh the winds, they are a changing, and the tide it rolls along..." Sariana sang softly to herself as she sat up on Vrathius, paying little attention to her surroundings. Today, she had awoken with the urge to move on from the City of Scholars. There was no reason for it, the city was a nice place and she had enjoyed her stay. But Karithus' spirit guided her path, and in her mind, the urge was of his doing. And she didn't question her old friend. So packing her belongings, she saddled Vrathetu and off they went. It was a peaceful morning, and with no set path or time, Sariana allowed the stallion to set his own pace.

"...twas up on shores so white and pure, I met my Bonnie Nell." The song belonged to the sailors of the town, but Sariana had heard it a few times over the curiosity they called Kelp Beer. It was a nice song, if somewhat sad, about sailing and a lady waiting for the sailor to come home, but then when he gets home she has died from some sailor related disease. Okay so it wasn't a nice song, but it had a nice tune. Humming the last few verses, the woman passed through what could be considered the gates of the city, huge mountainous sides glaring down behind her.

A sudden breeze rushed past Sariana, pulling her long dark hair and whipping it across her face. There in the wind, a small white blossom tumbled and twisted, and her blue eyes followed it. As she watched, the little flower passed over the form of a woman sitting just outside the entrance and twirled towards a pale konti, swirling around her feet and coming to rest between the woman and the sitting lady. The drykas felt the familiar urge she'd had earlier this day.

Vrathetu had stopped, his golden face turned to the women. Sariana looked down at him and tapped her heel against his side.

"Come on, it's not lunch yet." Still the strider stared, his ears forward with curiosity. Glancing up again, pushing her hair out of her face as the wind died down, the brunette felt that strange pull again. Looking back at the urn tied tightly to the saddle bags, the woman smiled.

"I see. Your pretty to the point today aren't you." With a slight shift in her body, she guided Vrathetu towards the konti. As she passed seated woman, the strider tossed his nose and nickered at the young lady with interest. Reaching the silvery white woman, Sariana dismounted and smiled warmly.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to pry, but you look like your waiting for someone?" The sapphire eyed drykas said warmly, not ready to blurt out that the spirit of her old friend had quite strongly suggested she come and talk to the konti.

"Perhaps I could help you?"

Sariana
Player

Words: 98220
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 3:13 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Nira'lia on April 12th, 2012, 1:33 pm

The Konti turned her head to see that a girl who had just arrived had chosen to sit on a bench. Nira'lia thought about it for a while, and then she decided that the best way to know if this was the person she was looking for was to look into this person's chavi. Nira'lia concentrated on this girl. Images ran through her mind, and she was curious to see that the girl's chavi was not that vast, as if she had not yet lived many years. Images of a wolf came up Nira’lia’s sight.

'A kelvic...' thought Nira'lia as she saw images of a wolf. But that wasn't what she was looking for, and so she focused harder, looking for a very specific moment in the girl's life. She only caught glimpses and stray words, none of which could help her in her current ordeal. However, she was shaken out of her concentration when another woman's voice spoke to her.

Nira'lia blinked and looked in front of her. What she was a beautiful woman, and the best word that Nira'lia could think of to describe this woman at first glance was that she looked strong. She was with a stallion, one that Nira'lia noticed she was speaking to before.

"Oh, I am on my way out to travel North, to Syliras, but I'm waiting here to see if anybody else would be making the same trip. Hopefully, there will be, and they will let me accompany them," replied Nira'lia as she phrased her words as carefully as she could. She was fishing with her words, wanting to see if this person was the one she was actually looking for.

She seemed lost right after she said her words, as if she didn't know what she should do next. Nira'lia strongly hoped that this woman she was talking to would give her the answer that she needed. Then there was the other woman, the one seated by the bench -- who was she, and what was she doing simply sitting there? She knew that Kelvics had a good sense of hearing, so there was a good chance she had been heard by the other woman. Nira'lia thought about it for a moment, and then she decided to speak to the Kelvic girl.

"Excuse me... would you happen to know if there's anybody travelling to Syliras today?" she called out to the Kelvic. She was actually travelling to Alvadas, but she thought asking about Syliras would be much easier as of now.

OOCSorry, I forgot that Zeltiva has no gates. >.> I may have described the location wrongly, though I've edited my first post. Apoligies!
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sylkra on April 12th, 2012, 8:47 pm

Sylkra watched as the two girls talked, but didn't want to be rude so rummaged through her bag, not for anything though. Just to look away. She even whistled a little, and broke into a song, whispering it under her breath.

"The sun will soon set, and we'll be caught in a net, but never will I let go of you. When these days come to an end, I'll break and I'll bend, but I will never let go of you. During the dark-"

But Sylkra stopped when she saw the Konti approaching her. She took her hand out of her bag and sat up straight again. The Konti wanted to know if she was traveling to Syliras. Sylkra was going to go through Syliras- but not actually stop there.

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to Alvadas," she started, "but, I am passing through Syliras. I think."
"If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you've done and whoever you were and throw them away."

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sariana on April 12th, 2012, 10:02 pm

Something about the konti's tone of voice caught Sariana's attention. She spoke with purpose, her words carrying meaning for those who sought it, and nothing for those who didn't. It could be that Karithus was trying to tell her something, or it could just be the way all konti spoke. The drykas had only met them from a distance.

Syliras...the place sounded familiar, but it didn't raise that strong urge she'd been experiencing. That would not be her next destination, probably a point to pass by but not her goal. Before she could answer the pretty pale woman, the lady turned her conversation to the seated woman.

Turning to look at the woman, Sariana studied her. Very quiet and reserved, almost shy. She wore soft skins instead of any manmade clothing, and her eyes shone a wild yellow. Her hair was long, loose and a dirty blond in colour. The drykas pursed her lips in thought, a kelvic - that was her first thought - but what sort?

Hearing the kelvic's response, her whole body seemed to come up in goosebumps. Vrathetu nickered and nudged her shoulder.

"I've heard Avaldas is a very curious place. A door you walk through today could not be the door you can leave by tomorrow. A city with its own mind, and the people there not what you would expect. One might find it dangerous to travel alone." Smiling at the kelvic, the drykas warrior hoped she came across casually...even though she knew the moment she heard the city name, her destination had been set.

Sariana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nira'lia on April 13th, 2012, 4:11 am

"Alvadas!" exclaimed Nira'lia as she put up a hand to her mouth in surprise. Her eyes were bright. The answers she received were much more than she had expected. What were the chances of finding people that were actually travelling all the way to Alvadas, and not just to city up North?

She looked at Syklra, the shy little Kelvic—she had apologized in her answer, but the words she spoke were actually the ones Nira’lia was hoping to hear. Then she looked at Sariana, who was speaking about Alvadas, and... hinting that travelling alone would not be good? Aside from that, these two looked strong. Nira'lia didn't know much aside from medicine and fortune-telling, and she was not adept at keeping herself alive outside the city. These two seemed to be the perfect companions.

"I am actually going to Alvadas as well!" she continued, a huge smile on her face. She was now incredibly excited as she realized these two really were the people her mother were talking about. "If it would not be too much trouble, please let me tag along with you! I promise you that I will not be a burden."

Nira’lia looked at the both of them hopefully.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sylkra on April 13th, 2012, 12:25 pm

Sylkra smiled when she saw the excited face on the Konti. She loved seeing people happy.

As for traveling together, why not? The road is going to be dangerous and Sylkra surely wasn't going to take on the monsters alone. This was a one in a million chance, what are the odds of finding two other people to travel with, with the same destination?

"Okay," she said, her tone a little bit shy, a little bit cheery, "My name is Sylkra."

She looked at the Drykas and hoped she could come too.

OOC :
Sorry for the short posts! They're so short compared to yours!

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sariana on April 13th, 2012, 9:50 pm

Sariana looked at the konti with bemused surprise, there was relief in the womans voice. She had been waiting for someone to say that, for someone to accompany her to the city so she wouldn't travel alone.

So why ask about Syrlias instead? Curious.

Bringing her attention back to the duo in front of her, the drykas realised they were both looking at her with expectant smiles. Nodding to Sylkra, the blue eyed brunette smiled again.

"Well met. My name is Sariana. The winds have decided I am to travel there as well, and I would love to accompany you both." Behind her Vrathetu nickered and nudged her shoulder hard.

"Ahem, we would like to accompany you. This is Vrathetu." Reaching up, the woman slapped his neck affectionately. Turning blue eyes back to the konti, she spoke with a half smile.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name before?"

Sariana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Nira'lia on April 14th, 2012, 7:03 pm

Nira'lia nodded. She looked quite embarassed that she had forgotten to introduce herself. The Konti gave a graceful smile to the two women before her and said, "My name's Nira'lia."

She looked up at Vrathetu. The stallion seemed majestic and strong, and Nira'lia couldn't help but admire him. She raised up a hand to see if she was welcome to pet his snout.
Nira'lia liked animals, but that didn't mean that they liked her all the time as well. That was why she acted with caution, and for now she simply wanted to know if Vrathetu would welcome a stranger's touch.

"Oh, this is a problem... as you can see, I have no strong horse like Vrathetu here. Then there's Syklra, who I'm sure can go almost as quickly, as wolves are pretty fast, aren't they? All I have are my feet. That would slow us down greatly if I came with you..." said Nira'lia, without even realizing that she had exposed that Sylkra was a Kelvic wolf. "I, well... would it be okay with you two if I still came along? I would be incredibly in your debt."
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next