The seed with the sun's love in the Spring becomes the rose

Meeting between Nira'lia and Lyam

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Lyam on April 18th, 2012, 9:04 am

Nira’lia was done before Lyam could finish his own drawing but he did not mind; he was not very satisfied of the result. He smiled when she called him teacher and simply answered he would rather be called ‘master’. They both laughed and Lyam finally took Nira’lia’s sketch to inspect it. She found it even worse he found instead there were some progress. “No, no, not worse…” he first said, “See, your leaves are now looking perfect. You have a problem of disproportion, for sure, but it was a real and moving model, hard to work with.” He made an encouraging smile and added “ No, really, with some more trainings, you’ll get it.

He gazed at her during few seconds, forgetting all the rest. Then he slowly held out his arm and caressed with the tip of his fingers the strange and bright scales she had on her neck. It could have been rude but he really did not mind. The first tension had passed and his wolf distrustful nature had taken a back seat to a big curiosity. “It’s really amazing…” he whispered before removing his hand. Lyam did not know whether it was him or his new drawing passion that lead him, but he couldn’t help but asking “Shall I draw a portrait of you? Or try to, at least?” He was really fascinated by the glints on the scales… and by the whole girl, let’s just say it. He had never done a portrait before; his ‘talent’ was until now only in sketching flowers and his last try in doing something else had more or less failed. However, he wanted to try. She was really worth the effort.

Exams period, sorry for all the people who are waiting for me!
Lyam
Silenced by the night

Words: 88344
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2012, 3:11 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nira'lia on April 18th, 2012, 3:09 pm

The konti was startled when he reached forward to touch her neck. She had almost tried to avoid it in a frantic move, out of instinct, but then she remembered that she had already let their skins touch before. No visions would come, she remembered. She wouldn’t be trespassing in anybody’s memories – though she had already done it for him. Nira'lia stared at him awkwardly, wondering what he was doing, and she forced herself to grin at him nervously.

"A portrait?" asked Nira'lia, as she shook away her embarrassment. That was a question she had not been expecting, and she didn't know how to... pose for a portrait. However, the idea made her curious, and she wondered how he would draw her. Smiling, she nodded at him, suddenly enthusiastic at the idea. "Okay! I'd like that!"

She looked at him made an effort to sit up straight, smiling at him with brightness in her eyes. Nira'lia felt odd as she forced herself to keep the smile, wondering if that's what he wanted. It was quite difficult to just stay put, but she now knew how challenging it was to sketch a moving model.

Nira'lia couldn't help but giggle as she forced herself not to move. This wasn't a situation that she had foreseen, and she couldn’t help but wonder what suddenly made him want to practice drawing a person. "Well, hurry, this isn't so easy, master!"
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Lyam on April 18th, 2012, 4:56 pm

Nira’lia accepted for Lyam’s big pleasure. She the straightened her back and forced her smile in a way that made Lyam laugh. She wanted him to hurry, instead he replied in a smile “Please, be natural. Lay down if you want, stand up if you want, do whatever you want but do not move too much.” She sighed with relief and adopted a more natural position. Lyam gazed at her with a lot of attention and the wind in the grass around her and the shining flowers and the sweet song of the birds. Then he took his pencil and forgot all the rest.

He frowned and peered at his model, trying to catch some lines that suddenly ran away from him. He had never known that. For him drawing had always been as natural as waging his tail. But here, it was much, much more difficult. Even the main shadow he failed to catch it. His lines seemed rude and clumsy. His wrist was not guiding him anymore. After half an hour and more than five pages torn of his journal, he just gave up. He took a last page and just concentrated on one detail that had really marked him. One tiny detail that made all.

He half closed his eyes and suddenly felt again the familiar sensation he had when drawing. His pencil danced over the piece of paper like never. When he sketched the last shadow, he had no idea of how long it has been. He gazed at the result and what he saw pleased him.

The choice he had made could have surprised some people, however he did not care. What could be seen on his drawing was a single fine webbed foot covered with bright scales. The grass around it seemed to caress gently the pale skin while a beautiful flower was proudly standing just behind. No doubt that it was very unusual, but this was what had caught Lyam’s attention and that was what he had been able to draw properly. Of course Nira’lia’s pale face in that beautiful daylight was something equally wonderful but first he could not have drawn it, and second her face would not have shown all the poetry and all the singularity of the moment. Her face was indeed pretty – even very pretty to Lyam – but her fine feet lying on the tender grass was much more expressive… as strange as it seemed.

He hesitated a moment before showing it to his model. How would she react? “I had to… change my point of view.” he just said while holding out the drawing to Nira’lia.

Lyam
Silenced by the night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nira'lia on April 19th, 2012, 5:36 am

She told him to relax, and so she stopped forcing herself with such an fake expression and toned down her grin. Nira'lia still ended up smiling though, but it was much more natural. She decided to simply sit there and say nothing as Lyam went about his sketching.

As she watched him, she saw how he was becoming frustrated, how he threw away paper after paper. At last, he seemed to find whatever it was he was looking for, and he spent his minutes in his own little world. Nira'lia felt intensely interested and excited at what he would show her.

When he finally showed her his sketch, she wasn't able to hide the fact that she was startled. She stared at it, her eyes blinking. She said blankly, "My... foot?"

Then she burst out laughing. It was so random, so out of the blue, and she had been doing her best not to move her face -- and instead he was drawing her foot! Her laughing died down and she took a much closer look at his drawing, amazed at the detail that he was able to catch. She liked how he was able to catch the uniquness of the konti, the webbed foot, the scales; it was amazing.

"You sure did change your point of view," said Nira'lia, grinning. "And I think it's amazing."

She reached out her hand at him.

"Are you going to have me have that? I'd really want it! I mean, what are you going to do with a sketch of a strange konti's foot?" she asked, pushing her request forward. Nira'lia didn't think he'd find any value in it, and besides, it was her foot!
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lyam on April 19th, 2012, 8:18 am

Nira’lia seemed at first very astonished then burst out laughing. Lyam feared a second that she found it ridiculous. However, she asked instead for him to give it to her. Lyam had not thought about that and he hesitated a second. After all, what would he do with that… foot? Well, it was a great memory of her. He bit his tong; on the other side, he could not let her leave like that. He finally smiled as if it was obvious she would get the drawing. “Yeah, yeah of course Nira, it’s all yours.” Then he left the paper on her hand both happy to please her and having some regrets to lost such a drawing. But it was certainly better that way.

They both remained silent a moment and Lyam finally stood up. “I have to bring this back to the library,” he said designing the feather and the ink. He sighed silently then gazed at the girl. “I guess you are going to leave Zeltiva before the end of the season, otherwise you would have registered in the university. So… Well I would be glad to see you again before you leave.” He just smiled and stood there few seconds like an idiot before walking towards the library.

Lyam
Silenced by the night

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nira'lia on April 19th, 2012, 12:51 pm

The expression he made led Nira'lia to think that he had some issues with giving her the sketch. However, in the end, he handed it to her anyway -- and she accepted it gracefully. The konti really wanted it, thinking it would seem like a nice memory of this day.

"Okay, I'll see you," replied Nira'lia as she stood up, dusting off her dress. She looked at him, amazed that he could see right through her. Nira'lia chose not to say that she had been in Zeltiva for many years now, and had simply put off enrolling. At that moment, his assumption was correct. "You're right, though... I'm going to be leaving soon. I'd be happy to see you again, perhaps you can help me look for a nice empty book and a pen," she said, with a huge grin.

She waved goodbye to the kelvic and glanced at his retreating back. Nira'lia smiled to herself and proceeded to go home, wondering if she could actually make drawing a hobby.
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Echelon on April 25th, 2012, 7:52 am

Adventurer's Loot

A Gift
Experience is it's own reward.
Player's Loot :
Player

Skill XP Reward
Drawing +2XP
Observation +1XP
Socialization +1XP
Herbalism +1XP
Teaching +1XP

Lore:
Pressures of Procrastination, Journal: Novel Idea, Drawing: Light Lines First, Drawing: Draw in Sections, Drawing: Natural Aptitude, Gift: Lyam's Moment, Inappropriately Touched, Respecting Another's Chavi

Items or Consequences:
Portrait: Poorly Drawn Foot - Lyam

Notes: First scene I've seen her not reason another person's Chavi. Teaching for thinking about learning tools. Good job keeping to your skill level, talk more about how the process makes your character feel and we can milk it for some more xp.

Lyam's Loot :
Lyam

Skill XP Reward
Drawing +1XP
Sociology +1XP
Teaching +1XP
Socialization +2XP

Lore:
Teamwork: Creative Solution, Kelvic Senses: Social Advantage, Flirting, Konti: Appearance, Drawing: Creative Subject

Items or Consequences:
None

Notes: You only have one, now two, points in drawing. In order to raise your drawing skill you must write to your skill level. Take your time, do some flashbacks if you must, but don't write above your skill level. It is out of character, and slows down how quickly you gain experience.

(Overal pleasant socialization. But, Lyam you need to stop writing what other characters are doing. Write what Lyam does and the environment, that is it. Trust other characters to write for themselves. Also, there are no pencils in Mizahar, you have ink and charcoal.) - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, please PM me.
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous