The Cheetah and the Sailor (Urrezko & Daske)

In which a Kelvic and Svefra become friends.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Daske Baggywrinkle on April 16th, 2012, 12:13 am

Daske did not see her take the piece of meat from the cooking counter. He was busy trying to fry a fish without burning it, something he was pretty good at (burning fish, that is). Nor did he see her wolf the meat down. He later supposed that the sound of fish frying must have masked the sound of her consuming an entire pound of raw bear meat in a matter of seconds. Blissfully unaware of the strange goings-on behind him, he just kept talking while preparing his dinner. He literally jumped when she tapped him on the shoulder and spun around to face her.

Daske was still processing the earlier conversation, which was about the weirdest conversation he had ever been in. Now things had gotten a lot weirder. He noticed three things in quick succession. First, he noticed that the bear meat had disappeared. Second, he noticed a little watery blood escaping off the end of her chin. Third, he noticed she was not wearing any clothes. Later he would wonder about the order in which he noticed these things.

Her remarks suggested she was getting ready to leave and was thanking him for his hospitality. He was surprised to find that he was mildly disappointed about that. But then she had taken her clothes off, which didn't seem to go with her decision to leave. Now she was offering him what looked to be a substantial amount of gold, accompanied by the assertion that she was going to “turn” and “lose my thumbs.” His male mind finally came up with an implausible but perfectly reasonable explanation: She was offering him money to have sex with her. To say that Daske was confused would vastly underestimate his state of mind. He could not imagine how things could possibly get any stranger than they were right now.
AKA Anselm
Daske Baggywrinkle
I AM smiling, dammit!

Words: 137247
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2012, 8:58 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Urrezko on April 16th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Urrezko held out the money in her hand again, not really wanting him to take it. She did want to stay here, but what if she couldn't?

"Are you going to take it or not? I thought that humans gave money to compensate for help?" She said in response to his clear confusion. "I have to go-Ohh!" Urrezko Suddenly saw herself from a humans point of view. The pink creeped back into her cheeks as she scurried around to find something to cover herself with. Not because she was embarrassed by her body but because she was embarrassed by her etiquette. She settled on the blanket she had slept with, and sat down on the chair, the blanket up to her chest.

"I am so sorry, I can't imagine how this must look to you. I'm a Kelvic." She offered up her weak excuse for her behavior. "You do know what a Kelvic is right?" She asked tilting her head when she asked him the question. Se probably looked like a complete fool acting the way she is, while Daske probably thinks she was some sort of unidentifiable creature. "Well I didn't mean to make you . . . uncomfortable, I just . . . my natural form is a cheetah, and I was just going to give you money to make up for your help before I turned back into a cheetah, because, as you know, people cannot communicate with cheetah's" She explained getting even more embarrassed with every word, her cheeks were a bright pink now. Urrezko dropped her gaze deciding to wrestle one-handed with her bag to get her clothes out, instead of facing Daske who will probably laugh at her.

Urrezko
Player

Words: 12493
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2012, 5:35 pm
Race: Human

Postby Daske Baggywrinkle on April 17th, 2012, 2:17 am

Daske stood staring at the girl for a full minute while he tried to organize his thoughts. He had thought things couldn't get any weirder, but he had underestimated her talent for weirdness.

“I know what a Kelvic is,” he said slowly. “It's a mythical creature. A beautiful woman who seduces men and then, while they are sleeping, turns into a wild animal and devours them. A tale mothers tell their sons to warn them away from wayward women.” He tilted his head to one side. “You're a beautiful woman, there's no doubt about that. But I'm not buyin' the wild animal part.”

It was at this point that Daske smelled something burning. He whipped around to face the stove. “Damn!” he said. “That's my dinner!” The fish he was frying in the skillet had caught fire and was producing an impressive cloud of smoke. He grabbed the skillet handle and immediately dropped it back on to the stove. “Damn! That's hot!”

He turned back to the girl.
Last edited by Daske Baggywrinkle on April 18th, 2012, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Anselm
Daske Baggywrinkle
I AM smiling, dammit!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Urrezko on April 17th, 2012, 1:51 pm

Urrezko couldn't help but burst out laughing. She was starting to like and yes, trust Daske a little bit. Finallly once she regained her some of her breathe she whiped away a tear and tried to talk.

"Seriously? Is that what we are called now? 'Wild Women'? Wow" she smiled leaning back. "Well we aren't that savage, at least most of us." She said. "But no. We prefer to take out natural animal form which can be anything from a mouse to a lion. And well I'm a cheetah." She explained to him as he messed with his fish. Urrezko was starting to hope that Daske would forget about her attempt to leave, and she could actually stay with him, he was enjoyable to be around.

Urrezko
Player

Postby Daske Baggywrinkle on April 19th, 2012, 2:00 am

Daske finally gave up on the fish. “I wasn't hungry anyway,” he mumbled as he opened the companion way hatch and tossed the charred remains out on to the deck. He left the hatch open to air the place out, and returned to sit on the bench opposite Urrezko.

“So, you're telling me you really are a Kelvic?” His voice dripped with sarcasm. “Then I suppose you can change into a … what did you say … cheetah. I don't actually know what that is. But no matter. Let's see what you've got. Change ... or whatever you do. This I gotta see.”

He crossed is arms over his chest and waited, a slight smirk on his face. Time to put up or shut up, little lady, he thought to himself.
AKA Anselm
Daske Baggywrinkle
I AM smiling, dammit!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Urrezko on April 21st, 2012, 3:26 pm

Urrezko smiled. "You've really never seen a cheetah?" She asked a little surprised. But at his apparent disbelief that she was a Kelvic, she raised her eyebrows.

"Okay, You don't believe that I can actually turn from a cheetah to a human and vice versa?" She smirked accepting his challenge. Standing up she let the blanket fall, and scooted somethings on the floor out of the way so she didn't hurt herself while changing. She didn't know exactly how to change, she just did it. Closing her eyes, she dragged all her energy towards her heart.

After a moment of nothingness, where Urrezko's senses completely disappeared, Urrezko's vision was suddenly lower. Her ears could pick up the gentle rustling of Daske's clothing as he breathed. She could very distinctly smell the burnt fish above deck, and she felt more comfortable. She let out a breif purr, and sat her rump down wrapping her tail around her legs. She looked up at Daske as if to say believe me now?

Urrezko
Player

Postby Daske Baggywrinkle on April 21st, 2012, 7:06 pm

“Whoa!” Yelped Daske. The cheetah's head was pretty much at eye level with Daske's and she could probably put her head in his lap without moving an inch. He scrambled to get his feet up on the bench and backed along the bench toward the companion way. He stopped and crouched at the end of the bench. The big cat simply looked at him, big golden eyes peering out at him with an almost quizzical look. Now that he had regained his composure, he realized that the animal had assumed a non-threatening posture. Then he realized that his mouth was hanging opened and closed it with a snap. “Wow!” He took in a deep breath, let it out and moved back into a sitting position. “Damn,” he said. “That's the most amazing thing I've ever seen!”

Questions flooded his brain, vying to be first out of his mouth. “Damn, you really are a shapeshifter. Can you understand me? Can you talk? Can you change back anytime you want? Do you have claws and fangs? I guess your clothes don't change with you … Ha! That's why you took your clothes off in the first place, isn't it? So what do you do with your clothes when you're off running around as a cheetah? Aah … that's why you like your meat raw. Are you any good at hunting? Do people ever hunt you? You know, you really are beautiful looking. Can I touch you?”

He stopped. “I'm babbling. Sorry. But it's not everyday I meet a real live mythological creature.”
AKA Anselm
Daske Baggywrinkle
I AM smiling, dammit!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Urrezko on April 22nd, 2012, 9:49 pm

Urrezko felt the need to roll her eyes at his amazement, but held back. She couldnt answer all of his questions but she should probably let him know that she cant talk, so she chirped. Then she nudged her whiskers against his knee to let him know he can touch her as well, and unconsciously laying a slight scent of her onto him warning off other Kelvics. Or maybe it was on purpose. Urrezko thought as she stood up, jumping gracefully onto one of his cushioned couches to get a better position and laid down on it, leveling her stare with his. She wasn't exactly sure what to do next. So she flicked her tail patiently and waited for him to say or do something.

OOC :
You dont have to actually watch the link and if you do you only have to watch the first three seconds, I'm just having fun with the BBC code >_<

Urrezko
Player

Postby Daske Baggywrinkle on April 22nd, 2012, 10:53 pm

Urrezko tilted her head to one side, opened her mouth just enough to display an impressive set of beautiful white teeth and fangs, and chirped. Daske's jaw dropped again. She chirped again. He snapped his mouth closed again. “Damn!” He said. Without taking her eyes off him she rubbed her muzzle lightly against his knee and then jumped up on to the bench and laid down, still watching him. He could see the inquisitive intelligence in her golden eyes. “Damn!” He said again.

He reached out cautiously with his hand and, when she didn't flinch, ran his hand across the top of her head and down the back of her neck. She had short, course hair. Then she started to purr. It was a deep rumbling kind of sound, but it was unmistakably a purr. “Damn!” He said yet again, and started to laugh. He continued laughing uncontrollably until tears were running down his face. As he did, he felt the tension flow out of his body and suddenly felt tired.

“Urrezko,” he said. “Can you switch back to human form now? We have some things to talk about.”

OOC :
Chirping! Who would have thought? Totally adorable. I found some videos of them purring too. BTW, it is very rare for Daske to laugh. I think you have totally won Daske over :).
AKA Anselm
Daske Baggywrinkle
I AM smiling, dammit!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Urrezko on April 25th, 2012, 7:16 pm

OOC :
Sorry it took so long to reply, I got a little busy.

Urrezko hadn't known why she purred. She guessed it was because her mother had taught her to feel comfortable in her human form as a child. But whatever the reason, she liked it. Acceding, Urrezko pulled her fore-paws in until she was sitting up, before changing. Transforming back into human form was the same as from human to cheetah. All her senses shut off for a moment before she regained them in her other body. After the transition, Urrezko was still sitting in human form. Smiling, she crossed her legs and as ready for whatever Daske wanted to talk about before she realized she was naked again. She blushed again.

Get a grip! This is the millionth time I have blushed tonight . . . or this morning? or today? Urrezko was suddenly distracted by the time of day. As she plucked her clothes from her bag. Urrezko turned her back to Daske as she quickly dressed. I can't tell how long I've been her because of this boat! She thought as a wave of nausea that she had managed to forget about came back, forcing her to sit down again.

"What did you want to talk about?" She bit her lip, gripping the side of the bench with her left hand and rubbing her temple with her other hand. Now that Urrezko reminded herself of being in an enclosed boat, she started to feel light headed.

Urrezko
Player

PreviousNext