[Sukina Geysers] In Search of Wonder (Weyliss + Sam)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 12th, 2010, 8:13 pm

Sam assumed, of course, that any flower growing specifically around magical places would have some sort of magical qualities; it only stood to reason in his oft pragmatic worldview. That is, when he didn't have his head up in the clouds.

"I haven't seen any flowers like that," he admitted. "And I... well, a little of everything, I suppose. Right now I'm just knocking around Syliras for a while, meeting people, earning a bit, learning a bit, seeing the sights like..."

And then they came upon the geysers, which were indeed impressive, though it took him a moment before he thought to look for white flowers around them. It was Weyliss's offer that made him blink and come back to reality.

"Oh, ...thanks!" He took the pipe and wondered if it would be intoxicating or just a mild stimulant. The man didn't seem put out by it, though, so he inhaled.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Weyliss on April 12th, 2010, 8:39 pm

Looking at the sight before him, Weyliss wasn't all that impressed. Sure, pretty. Yet, pretty enough to bring a blanket and a girl and...

Shaking his head, the man looked over at Sam as the taller man sampled his pipe. He'd been nice. The bowl wasn't filled with his usual, and was rather tame in comparison. A cherry smoothness was about the only way he could describe it. To be brutally honest, the plants he could smoke where about the extent of his herbalist knowledge. He was trained on how to keep someone alive. Combat wounding. Stop the bleeding, cure the shock, leave the damn arrow in his chest, pulling it out only makes it worse... So the fact that he had spent the last three days getting here, to find a plant that he didn't really know how to use...

The stout man snorted. Not only was there NOT a white flower in sight, but frankly, there wasn't a SINGLE flower near the geysers. It was not his day.

"Son of a decaying Nuit."

The curse was mild, and it spoke volumes about the warrior's state of mind. Shifting on one foot, he tried to plot his next course of action. Not much for it really. He'd have to head back to Syliras and hope to procure some sort of cure, or medical people there.

Still, nothing to do now. The old man would wait on him before starting anything really serious. He hoped.

He arched an eyebrow at Sam.

"I think I'll call you freelancer for now friend."
Weyliss
Aegis

Words: 73298
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2010, 5:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 12th, 2010, 8:49 pm

"That suits me just fine," he admitted, dragging on the pipe a few times before passing it back. He liked the way the smoke left his lips tasting like cherries, but he tried not to lick them too much. The last people he had smoked with had been responsible for stealing his purse, and he didn't want to look like a hillbilly rube and get screwed again.

"But, well, we're here... Why don't we get closer and look? Sometimes flowers will hide in bits of shade or not flower until certain times of day or night."

So he did know a thing or two, bits picked up from different people talking in his presence, but still -- not an herbalist.

"I mean, it wouldn't take that long and..." He looked Weyliss over for a moment. "Well, if you're in a rush, Horse can carry two. We can get you to your village faster."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on April 12th, 2010, 9:01 pm

The warrior raised an eyebrow, about to say something, but instead simply threw up his hands and took the pipe back. The he started to search the area.

As he scanned the ground he talked.

"Listen friend, your a good fellow, but yae' not gonna take me on a two day journey to the south. Its not your problem. This? This is what I do. I help people. 'Sides, if I can't find anything here, I'll just walk to Syliras and seduce a healer or somethin' "

He didn't sound too sure about the last part, but seemed to be focusing on scanning the immediate area. It was pretty desolate. The geysers where surrounded by.. dirt. Mud. Hints of grass. While quite beautiful once you got closer, the man was checking the outskirts, hoping the plant was nearer to the forest, and just hidden.

"Oi, if yae' determined to help, why not check closer. Allows you to see them 'beaut's up close. Plus, big lad like yourself should keep yon monsters chompers occupied while I get away."

Bending down, the man pushed aside some grass, poking here and there with his finger while he puffed on the pipes dwindling tobacco.
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 12th, 2010, 9:23 pm

Sam could understand the man's reticence; he was often that way, too. He swung himself up onto Horse's back with as much grace as he had earlier descended.

"Right, then. I'm going to go in for a closer look anyway, so if I happen to see your... um, whatever they're called, white flowers, I will let you know. And if you're gone when I get back, well, it was nice to meet you and share a smoke. Thanks for that."

He grinned and looked ahead toward the geysers.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on April 12th, 2010, 9:54 pm

Weyliss suddenly had a vision of the ground swallowing the other man up. Giving Sam a little wave, he turned and looked about.

Really. It was time for him to sit and take stock. Much as he hated to go BACK to Syliras. It might be neccesary in this case. He simply didn't have the knowledge or magic to deal with something like paralyzation. Giving the worlds smallest sigh, the man shifted on his feet as he shot a glance towards the sky. Maybe he should take a vacation. Put everyone on hold for a little while...

Turning back, he peered about some more. Frankly, he was starting to think this flower was little more then a rumor. Just some made up 'heals all' that some merchant had spread in order to make sales.

Turning towards where Sam went, he could make out the man sitting on his horse, heading closer to the geysers.

Giving one more look about, the man shook his head.

What was that saying? Goose chase?

Weyliss followed a little ways behind Sam.
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 12th, 2010, 10:10 pm

Sam and Horse went ambling closer to the geysers, and the lad divvied out his time between enjoying the sight of the sleeping monster's resting place and keeping a look out for the white flowers.

"Irilchapei'," he said to Horse, remembering finally how Weyliss had pronounced it. Horse snorted and kept walking, keeping a wary eye on the geysers as if they were about to rumble, break apart, and reveal a waking monster. Horse was sometimes a bit of a coward.

There were no flashes of white on the sunny side of the geysers, so he turned Horse toward the shadowed side as they approached to see if they were hiding in the shade. The closer they got, the more Horse had to walk through the shallow pools of collected spray.

"Horse, stop," he said suddenly, and unnecessarily as his equine companion responded to the subtle directives given through the pressure of Sam's legs around his barrel.

Excited, he splashed down into the pool and trudged over to a little ridge of earth peeking up between two pools. He looked up at the few clouds in the sky, then down at the nearby pool, undisturbed by their feet. The reflected clouds looked almost like flowers, or sprays of cotton. And so he crouched down in order to peer past the surface reflection to see what might lie beneath, nurtured by the riddler's spit.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on April 12th, 2010, 11:00 pm

As he followed, the young warrior looked about himself. It was a very interesting area, and in retrospect, a perfect place to bring a loved one and a blanket.

Peering, he suddenly saw the other man jump off his horse.

Wincing, Weyliss inhaled from his pipe, and was chagrined as the smallest puff of smoke made it into his mouth. Blowing it out, he found his beloved briar pipe empty. Being rather unhappy with the state of things, he dumped out the remaining ash, and put the object back into his pouch.

Moving forward he found Sam looking down into a small pool. He had barely noticed them as he passed through, intent on his pipe.

Giving the horse a wide berth, and an unhappy glance, he squatted down a little ways from the other man, and looked down into the pool. For a moment, he saw nothing. Then, the clouds, and .. him.

He looked worn. Haggard. Numerous cuts and scrapes just barely hidden by his thin beard and goatee. His cracked lips pursed into a line as he studied himself. He needed a bath. Maybe even two.

Turning he eyed Sam.

"Oi friend, what do you think?"

He motioned around him, obviously meaning the geysers.
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 12th, 2010, 11:06 pm

"I think," he said slowly, reaching into the pool, dashing their reflections, "I might have found the mystery flower."

Horse ignored Weyliss and sampled some strange greenery within easy reach.

Sam, on the other hand, was delicately feeling along the plant to make sure there weren't any spines that might mangle his hand and deliver some kind of poison brewed in this ecology fed warped Djed from the sleeping giant. Once he was satisfied, he wrapped his hand around the stalk and pulled it up out of the loamy soil.

"Now to check the roots," he said, and pulled it free from the water.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on April 12th, 2010, 11:22 pm

"Huh. I'll be damned."

He honestly was at the point where he didn't think the silly plant existed. Maybe he just needed a little more patience.

Weyliss simply watched, content to observe as opposed to grabbing the thing, which clearly, was what he felt like doing.

Instead he studied the plant, and his companions actions regarding it.
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

PreviousNext