[Sukina Geysers] In Search of Wonder (Weyliss + Sam)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 12th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Sam shook off the excess water and stood up to examine the plant in its entirety, rather than the little white flowers that floated discreetly on top of the water.

"Well, whitish roots, with reddish tips." He showed it to Weyliss. "What do you think? Is this the magic root that doesn't exist?" He was curious as to the man's judgment; after all, he had heard the first hand account and all Sam got was the second-hand description.

He looked around at the other pools to see if he could spot the flowers that were camouflaged by the reflected clouds. That seemed a counterintuitive trick of the plants, but he supposed the clouds weren't always hanging in the sky to play tricks on the eyes.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Weyliss on April 12th, 2010, 11:45 pm

Weyliss simply blinked at Sam.

How in the-

Leaning in, the man looked the plant over, and more specifically the roots. Standing up abruptly, he made his way over to another pool.

"Oh hey! Good luck and fortune on you friend. You've got a knife right? Poke one of the roots, and tell me if any blue puss comes out."

With this, he bent down and started to examine the other pool. Reaching in, he felt around with his arm, attempting to go by feel as opposed to sight.
Weyliss
Aegis

Words: 73298
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2010, 5:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 12th, 2010, 11:58 pm

Dutifully, he pulled his hunting knife out of its sheath and carefully pierced one of the smaller branches of the root, not wanting to pierce the taproot and make a mess.

"Well," he said, "milky blue-white-ish." He crouched down to show Weyliss as he dug around in the water. "Here, is this right? And be careful. There might be poisonous arse-leeches or something in the water, mightn't there be? With a monster sleeping here."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on April 13th, 2010, 2:12 am

Weyliss paused. Leeches had never really occured to him. He was a man of instinct. Yet now that he thought about it, shouldn't the water be something other than cold? Little things.

Pulling the plant out, he studied the white flower, the roots. Pinching a root together, he pulled back with his nails, watching as part of the plant came with it. The color was just as Sam had described, and for a long moment, Weyliss sat still.

He turned to the other man, a serene look on his face.

"Thank you friend. Not sure I have the eye, or the wit you possess. I'll be sure to have the recipient of these thank you himself."

He was serious now, another step on the rung. Another life closer...

"Tell me, do you live in Syliras?"
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 13th, 2010, 5:34 am

"Well, sure," he said, smiling. He survived because he had Horse and because he was lucky; otherwise his good nature would have done him in by now. As it stood, it had caused quite a few close calls. But when it was no skin off his teeth, he couldn't keep from helping people. "Probably just dumb, blind, fool luck," he assured Weyliss.

"I sort of camp outside. Haven't decided if I'll stay so there's no point paying for more permanent lodging."

He held out the first plant for Weyliss.

"How much of the root do you need?"
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on April 13th, 2010, 7:22 pm

The man flashed a grin at Sam.

"Ey, I'm a bit biased. I really don't travel too far out of Syliras' reach. Good place however, I'd suggest it if you ever settle down. Oh, and about eight will do."

He was just talking now, as he started to move to another pool. Leaning in, he strained his eyes, hoping for a glimpse of another plant.

"By the by, I'll probably head back to the city itself when I have these plants. "
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 13th, 2010, 8:27 pm

"You need eight whole plants?" he asked, surprised. But when he paused to think about it, it made sense. "I guess it's a long-term treatment."

He looked up at the geysers for a moment, thinking about how monsters could be helpful to humans sometimes. Then he looked back to Weyliss.

"Well, if you need eight, let's get eight. I'm going to harvest a few to sell in town, I guess. Horse can carry us both if you want to get there faster."

He assumed the man would be glad of the increased speed; it meant he could get the roots to the old man's patient all the faster.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on April 13th, 2010, 8:33 pm

Weyliss found himself staring down at another plant. With the clouds shifting, he had 'just' caught sight of another.

"Hmm. Ah. A horse. No, no. Don't worry about it, its about a four day journey to hit this village. Huge sidetrip. I was just going to Syliras to get a healers advice."

The man quickly grasped the plant, and carefully yanked as he dug at the soil around it. Rewarded with a another plant, he stuffed it, as well as the first into a pouch, and then moved to another pool.
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 13th, 2010, 8:56 pm

"Well, at least as far as Syliras... It's up to you. Just sayin'."

He looked to Horse, who was calmly drinking water from the pool, and eyed his game bags to see how many of the plants he could harvest, and then he, too, began pulling up a few here and there, trying not to deplete any one area. After all, he didn't know the life cycle of the plants, and the ambient Djed might have warped that as well.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Weyliss on April 13th, 2010, 9:06 pm

Weyliss continued checking about, and was rather pleased with himself as he stumbled upon a third plant.

"Oh, yeah. Syliras. That works. Just give the plants to me as you find 'em."

Out of the corner of his eye, he SWORE that demon animal was eyeing him.

Spawn of Ivak

Shooting a sidelong glance at the horse, he continued to gather.
Weyliss
Aegis

Character sheet

PreviousNext