[The West Wing] Ingest At Your Own Risk (SOLO; FINISHED)

Erudite attends her first Herbalism class, and it's much better than expected.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Erudite on April 21st, 2012, 9:45 pm

Zeltiva University - The West Wing
4th of Spring, 512 AV

The West Wing was phenomenal, a remarkably exquisite testament of pre-valterrian architecture. The carvings that riddled the walls and pillars that supported the corridor were too intricate for a mere pair of human hands, they seemed to be more of the work of six pairs, all at once, and polished off with magic. The arches, and the way they bent and curved, it just seemed so impossible, so other-worldly. It was all so foreign to Erudite, completely and utterly foreign; it was like entering an entirely different city, with a completely different architectural style and culture. It almost made her wish for the ability to turn back time and see how things used to be. It must've been glorious. But, it was best to save the admiration for another day, as today was her first class at herbalism, and she was not in under any circumstances allowed to be late.

She arrived rather early, as the classroom had only three students and not even a single teacher. She stalked the marble floors with utmost care, as if one false move would cause an explosion. The room was just as beautiful as the hallway, with the same carvings and accents peppering the walls and ceiling. The designers must've given so much care and attention into making it the way it was. The walls were a remarkable pristine white, and the floors were polished and gleaming, mirroring the mahogany desks and the well-dressed patrons that sat behind them. She peered down and examined her face and admired how crystal clear it appeared, and how well the ground projected her own image. No one could blame her, as they all were profusely doing the same. A small wooden stage was propped up by the front of the classroom, with the desk attached to it filled with various pots, pans, and jars of different shapes and sizes. A myriad of planted herbs, flowers, and miniature fruits were propped up by the open windows, giving the entire room an aromatic, intoxicating scent.

She took a seat at the very front, hanging her backpack upon one of the hooks attached to the side of her desk. The academy was well-equipped with everything a student could ever need, it seemed. She found herself next to a human, a redheaded male with striking green eyes that had an unusual sparkle to them, as if they had gold nuggets melded into them. She hadn't been able to look at the pair behind her as clearly, but one of them appeared human as well. The other, however, had a distinctive tan that contrasted with her bleached hair and sea-blue eyes.

"Svefra," she noted, though she could be wrong. Her clothing was not like their's. Erudite dug her hand into her hooked backpack and fished out her quill and sealed up inkpot, placing it neatly onto her desk before digging out her medical journal. A sea of students swarmed into the classroom and before she could examine them as they entered, they had all taken a seat. Apparently she and the handsome redhead were the only ones excited for the lesson, as the other students filled up the back and kept the very front row empty. The redhead seemed to notice, as he turned to Erudite and smiled. He was rather charming, that he was.

"Is this your only class?" he questioned, his tone both polite and friendly. It was amazing that he'd seen through the Konti's aloof facade.

"I'm taking medicine, as well," she replied with a beam. The redhead's eyes widened with surprise and awe.

"I expected that," he smirked, probably due to the fact that she was a Konti, "I'm taking gardening and botany, along with this."

Erudite nodded politely, turning to face the front desk as she found that the teacher had come in. "That's quite nice," she murmured, as the man placed a pair of textbooks on the desk's flat surface.

"Good morning," he stated simply, as he rummaged around the desk drawers for something unknown to the rest of them. He was a rather aged man, with hair that grayed around the sides, but ceased to be along the top of his head. He wore copper-rimmed spectacles, and grew quite the amount of stubble upon his chin and jaw. But his stately clothing were enough to merit him respect and caution.

"Welcome. My name is Henry M. Aldernay, but kindly refer to me as professor Henry, or even just professor, I'd appreciate it very much," he turned towards the plants by the windows and urged the class to view them.

"Now, let's not waste any time. Herbalism is simply the study of the medicinal properties of certain herbs and plants. These herbs and plants are what aid our doctors and healers alike in curing or assisting their patients. Now, there are five ways to utilize an herb for medicinal purposes," he had the low, garbled voice of an aged man, but it was strangely endearing. He positioned a few containers onto the center of the desk, which was left empty, save for his tattered textbooks.

"You have a tincture, an infusion, a decoction, first and foremost. And then, you have grinding, and using the plant as a whole," he lectured, as he continued to place objects onto the front of the table. Erudite immediately scribbled down the information onto her journal.

"Now, I strongly suggest that you all read about these in detail in the library, as my demonstrations can only do so much," he chuckled, and the rest of the class smiled, "experimenting on things on your own is well and good, too."

"Now, a tincture," he began, taking out a large glass jar and two bottles of clear liquid. "A tincture..." he turned and walked towards one of the plants and plucked out a few leaves, "is an alcoholic extract, taken from the leaves of an herb."

He returned to his desk and placed the leaves inside the jar. He placed a pale ceramic bowl and measured out a cup of one bottle's liquid, and five cups of the other. "First, you mix together a cup of water, and a five cups of alcohol," he began to stir the mixture with a glass rod as he spoke, "and place the resulting mixture into your jar of leaves." And he did so as he instructed it.

He brought the jar up to his ear and began to shake it profusely, "keep them in the jar for up to two or three weeks, and shake them often, to maximize the concentration."

The redheaded man raised his hand. "Yes, ah, what is it?" the professor brought the jar down to address the student's inquiry. "Would it always be one part water, and five part alcohol?" he asked, tilting his head towards the side as he spoke.

Erudite gazed at him with curiosity, "what a good question," she thought. The professor was obviously pleased, as he grinned at the boy and turned towards the class. "Don't let me pick a favorite on the first day," he joked, and the class replied with a chuckle. "No, not necessarily, but this is how it normally works for most herbs. I can't tell you how many there are out there, with even more measures for their tinctures," he remarked with a dreamy sigh.

"Next up, we have infusion," he began, as he brought out an iron pot. "We primarily use steeping to create an infusion, and for those of you who don't know, that is simply the act of submerging a part of an herb into water, oil, or alcohol, depending on what the plant dissolves quickly into."

He filled the pot with water and added a couple of dried berries into it. "And that is simply it! The nutrients, the plant in its entirety, is dissolved into the liquid over a period of time, and that is what we use," he poured the liquid out and onto one of the empty jars, "but you must use dried ingredients, always, do not forget that."

Erudite continued to eagerly jot down notes as he spoke and demonstrated. The man was brilliant, straight to the point, and very concise. Clearly, he was eager to teach, and very much happy to. Herbalism was his pride and joy.

"Decoction," was next, and the iron pot remained the center of attention. He brought out stems, roots, and barks from one of the desk drawers as he continued on with the lecture. It was quick, speedy, but did not cause any stress or discomfort. This man was an experienced lecturer.

"It's another form of extraction that occurs from herb to liquid. Quite similar to infusion really, though we do not make use of dried ingredients, ah, and the water, only water, must be boiled," he brought out a steaming pot of water and poured it into the iron pot. How he had garnered the thing, they were unsure. He must've been rather skilled with magic, as well.

"How did he do that?" the redheaded whispered, moving towards Erudite to voice his interest. The Konti merely shrugged in response.

"Stems, roots, leaves, barks, you could use practically anything of a plant for this, though, it is uncommon compared to the rest," one by one, he placed the ingredients that he'd brought out into a mortar and pestle, and began to crush them.

"You'll need to thoroughly mash your ingredient, or ingredients, before incorporating them into the mix. For you cooks," he gestured over to the faces that lit up at the word, as he stirred the mashed ingredients into the pot, "this is the same as creating bouillion or stock, from meat and vegetables." The cooking students grinned at the familiar concepts, while the rest raised their eyebrows.

"Now," he cleared his throat, "that's all you need to know for the first three. They are the most precise and complicated forms by far, while the other two..." he trailed off, as he walked over to the window and grabbled a few more pieces of leaves from a plant, immediately placing it in his mouth and chewing it. The entire class leaned away from the man and wore sour faces, though the professor only grinned in satisfaction. "Are quite simple," he finished, as he spit the chewed up leaves into a little bowl. Sharp gasps were all emitted in unison.

"The fourth, is simply grinding a herb until it is practically grain or powder. Sometimes, you will need to moisten it up a bit, and you could either incorporate some water in there, or chew it up, if you lack some." He brought out a few mounds of stems and began crushing it with the mortar and pestle.

"The fifth, if you are wondering, is simply using the ingredient as it is. Some leaves work their magic by just making contact on the skin or by just being ingested," he tilted the finished product towards his audience, and they leaned in eagerly. The stems were crushed into the finest powder they had ever seen.

The old man winked and and set the previous containers and materials aside. "I'll teach you lot how to grind properly another time. For now, a short break, as I prepare our next discussion."
Last edited by Erudite on April 23rd, 2012, 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

In Erudite we trust.
Personal Journal ~ Medical Journal

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite
The girl with the world in her eyes.

Words: 92943
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2012, 5:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

[The West Wing] Ingest At Your Own Risk (SOLO)

Postby Erudite on April 22nd, 2012, 2:29 pm

The class was filled with idle chatter as professor Henry moved to prepare plant samples onto his desk. Erudite finished up the last of her notes and closed the journal with a sigh. She capped her inkpot and rested her quill next to it.

"Look at her," she heard a female mutter, "a Konti, is it not?" Her companion, who was also female, remained silent. She must've replied with a mere nod. Erudite's muscles immediately tensed, as a surge of prickly heat overwhelmed her body from her feet to her head. Her hairs raised, and her mind snapping into attentiveness. Her thoughts narrowed into the female who sat three seats behind her.

"Overambitious creatures, that they are," the female scoffed, rolling her eyes at her seatmate. Her seatmate remained silent once more. The redhead alongside Erudite furrowed his brows and glared at the pair, and then turned towards the Konti.

"You're one furious notetaker, aren't you?" he smiled warmly, his fingers reaching over to touch her shut journal.

"You may read," she nodded, smiling in return. He gingerly took hold of the tome and flipped to her first notes on herbalism.

"It's like you took down the lecture word for word!" he laughed. The two then continued to engage in a light conversation.

The woman who'd spoken negatively about Erudite shot daggers at her back, while her friend remained nonchalant, scribbling drawings of the nearest plants, albeit innacurately. The Konti's hairs remained raced, and her mind continued to reach out to the catty woman.

"Are you alright? I didn't catch your name, by the way," the redhead raised his head to view the Konti, who remained unmoving, her discomfort condensing into an eyeball that stared intently at the woman behind them.

"I'm fine," she nodded, as her muscles relaxed all at once. She sighed with relief; the woman had turned her attention towards the muscular men at the very back of the classroom, who seemed more intent on flirting, than a simple conversation.

"I'm Erudite," she added, as she watched him turn to a blank page and then shut her journal, "and you are?"

The redheaded flashed her another one of his charming smiles, his green eyes meeting her blue ones for a moment, before eyeing professor Henry, who was just about done organizing his desk. He'd gotten rid of the used water, and had replaced some of the pots and containers with new, clean ones, and keeping the used ones underneath his desk. The table's sides were crowded, but upon closer inspection, it was clear that all of the materials were organized and arranged properly.

"Andrew," he replied, offering his hand to her for a shake, which she took with a chuckle. Professor Henry eyed them with a smug expression on his face as he stood still behind his desk. The entire class quieted down at the sight.

"Romance on just the first day?" he mused, causing both Andrew and Erudite to blush, and the rest of the class to erupt in mumbles and chuckles.

"Before we continue, I'd like to ask: what brought you all here to the university?" he wiped his hands on a damp piece of cloth as he addressed the class, who all turned towards each other to voice their reasons.

The crass woman from a while ago vervently raised her hand. "Yes, miss...?" he gestured over to the woman to stand up and speak. She had dirty blonde hair, tanned skin, and green eyes.

"Veronica," she stated proudly, "I came here to become a herbalist, simply. It's a respectable and high-paying job, I assume." Half of the class pouted skeptically, while the rest simply nodded.

Andrew raised his hand and immediately stood up. "Yes, Andrew," the professor smiled warmly at the redhead. Andrew rubbed the back of his head shyly, and a good few of the female students leaned in with interest, including Erudite.

"I came here..." he began, but immediately trailed off.

"Yes, lad, what is it?" the professor encouraged him with a hearty chuckle. Andrew flashed professor Henry a sheepish grin, "I like plants." The professor eyed him curiously, furrowing his brows with interest. "We'll have you delve upon that at another time," he laughed, turning towards the class to call on more students.

"I like plants too," a student with incredibly bright, cat-like eyes beamed.

"I'm planning to work as a field healer," responded another student, who had iridescent horns and an indescribable, blinding beauty. He was one of the few muscley flirts that sat at the back of the room.

"I just want to learn more about herbs," said the demure, auburn-haired girl who sat next to the arrogant blonde.

"Still figuring it out," was the reply of a pasty-white male with ash-black hair. He kept to himself during the entire class.

Professor Henry nodded vigorously with every reply that he came across, smiling graciously at the ones who spoke highly of herbalism.

"Good, good," he beamed excitedly, "I'm glad that none of this is going to waste, then!" He chuckled, gesturing to the entire room. The entire class nodded in unison. As he opened up one of his textbooks to scan something, Andrew leaned over to Erudite with a casual smile.

"I really do like plants," he murmured defensively. "It's alright," she managed; it was all she could muster. She opened up her journal and uncorked her inkpot, dipping her quill into it as the professor looked up to face his students.

"Now, let me tell you a little bit about the herbs we have here," he began, his arms outstretched to behold the four potted plants and a jar full of tree bark that sat before him. The entire class leaned in with anticipation.
Last edited by Erudite on April 23rd, 2012, 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

In Erudite we trust.

ANNOUNCEMENT: School is starting on June 13, and every single day after that, I will occasionally be busy and disappear for a few days. I am also currently applying for colleges abroad, and reviewing for upcoming entrance exams, so I'll be preoccupied over that, as well. Sorry!
Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

[The West Wing] Ingest At Your Own Risk (SOLO)

Postby Erudite on April 22nd, 2012, 3:55 pm

"Aloe, anise, basil, chamomile, and cinnamon," he named all five filled containers one by one. Erudite immediately took note of their appearances. Aloe plants were round, with long, flat, triangular-shaped leaves that grew in an inward spiral towards the plant's center. Anise were long-stemmed plants with leaves that resembled trimmed blades of grass, with each stem holding a small bouquet of ten to twenty little white flowers. Basil were oval-shaped, thick leaves that grew in bushes of random shapes and sizes. She could smell a spicy, pungent aroma from where she sat, and so she assumed that was the determining factor for identifying the plant. Chamomile was the most beautiful; they were large white flowers, with petals resembling that of a sunflower, only shorter and smaller. They had large, round, furry yellow centers, with leaves that were much like the ones of the Anise. The cinnamon the professor had mentioned was the small bundle of tree bark with a golden-red shade. The glass jar also had a mix of light and dark green leaves, and a few dark blue berries. Those must've been the other parts of a cinnamon tree. Erudite jotted all the information down at once, as she felt that the professor would not delve deep into their appearances anymore, but only their distinctive qualities that made them recognizable to an herbalist's eyes.

"An aloe plant can grow like this," he gestured over to the spiraling bush, "or grow much like the petals of a rose. But keep in mind that the leaves will always be sharp, long, and triangular."

He moved on to the anise plant afterwards. "Anise, on the otherhand, can be easily mistaken for a wild flower in the eyes of the untrained. Simply take not of their long stems, and the way they bloom in groups, per stem, as well as their leaves. Their flowers also have antennae-like growths within them. Wild flowers either have no leaves, or have thicker ones, unlike these," he touched the flower's distinctive points as he explained. The entire classroom was filled with the sound of scribbles and bubbling inkpots. One student groaned exasperatedly as his hand brushed over his parchment and smudged his last sentence.

"Basil, well, just smell it," he chuckled, plucking a leaf and passing it towards the class. Erudite brought it towards her nose and sniffed; it was incredibly intoxicating and aromatic.

"Don't eat it," he warned with a hearty laugh, as the leaf traveled towards the end of the classroom.

"Chamomile is, hrrm, I do believe there aren't any other flowers like it," he remarked fondly, holding the velvety petals and the waxy stem like there was a story behind it all. Either that, or the flower was his favorite, as it was for Erudite. Professor Henry cleared his throat and turned towards the jar of cinnamon bark.

"Cinnamon trees can easily be mistaken for ordinary trees with wild berries. Just keep in mind that their bark is a golden-red," he shook a little as he spoke, the life in his eyes and the color in his face draining by the minute. Erudite furrowed her brows and gazed up at him confusedly; it seemed that the chamomile had some effect on him.

"M-My apologies," he cleared his throat once more, as he retrieved a cream-colored hankerchief from the pocket of his slacks and began to dab at his moistening eyes.

"When harvesting aloe, remember to gently pluck the lower, outer leaves. These are the mature ones. Applying either the infusion or the tincture of these leaves helps burns, scalds, sunburns, and prevents infections. Do not ingest, as it causes abdominal pain and cramps, as well as loose bowel movement," he gestured towards the spiral plant and demonstrated how to pluck out a leaf. He held onto the base of the leaf, with one side held by his thumb, and the other by the rest of his fingers. Gently, he plucked out the leaf, unscathed. The class erupted with clapping, and professor Henry regained his smile.

"The seeds of the anise are best for infusions and tinctures. These are used for remedying cough, aiding in digestion, and abdominal discomforts. Do not ingest if you have a throat condition," he brought out a paper pouch that rattled with seeds. He spilled the paper bag out onto the desk, revealing a cluster of green, oval-shaped seeds.

"You could mistake them for pistachio, if any of you are aware of them, but upon purchasing some from a shop, or growing your own, you can't go wrong," he said, as he moved over towards the basil plant with a cheerful grin. The entire class was too preocuppied writing down his words to notice.

Professor Henry plucked more of the basil leaves and inhaled their pungent scent. The rest of the class chuckled with amusement. "The leave's tincture or infusion fights infection, intestinal problems, and helps the immune system," he rubbed the leaves around his mouth and then chomped them all whole, earning a round of shocked gasps from his students, "I was joking a while ago, it's perfectly safe to ingest them." The entire class sighed with relief, giggling afterwards.

The professor then turned to the chamomile plant, and his smile faded once more. "You use the flowers of the chamomile for the plant's infusion or tincture. The chamomile is a cure-all herb," he paused to clear his throat, the color in his face draining once more as his eyes swelled with tears.

"Sir, are you allergic?" Andrew murmured, leaning in to ask the professor. But he merely shook his head and continued on with his lecture.

"It's something else, I think," Erudite commented, glancing towards her redheaded companion, who merely nodded his head with concern.

"Treats wounds, reduces inflammations, stops indigestion and stomach pain. It also aids in muscle and join pain or cramping, and occasionally works as a sedative," he paused to caress the plant once more, "ingesting large amounts can cause nausea and vomiting."

He sighed, gripping his hankerchief tightly as he finished. Immediately, he rushed to discuss cinnamon. He took out a piece of bark and proke it into smaller pieces, and then proceeded to crush them with his mortar and pestle. "You'll need to powderize the cinnamon bark before using it to make an infusion," he instructed, as he continued to mash the bark, "sprinkling it on cuts and scrapes prevents infection, and greatly relieves pain. It also aids in digestion and stomach cramps, but, ingesting cinnamon oil causes nausea and vomiting, and kidney damage." He brought out a tiny, well-sealed glass jar of the offending liquid.

"Never make a tincture out of it," he warned, addressing the class with a serious expression, "the oil also causes redness and burning when it comes in contact with the skin."

There was a long, awkward pause as he turned to flip through pages of both his textbooks, his face remaining pale and drained. Erudite and Andrew flashed worried glances at each other, while the rest of the class finished their notes and prepared their bags, oblivious to the professor's sudden change. It seemed that the pair were the only one able to take notice, as they sat closest to the desk.

"Now," professor Henry spoke up, as he straightened his back and kept his eyes on his books, "I am going to issue a little exam on our next meeting, I'm sure you all know when that is, as you have your schedules." The students scrambled to double-check their dates to make sure, and no one spoke up to say that they didn't.

"Do an extensive study on the five ways to utilize an herb for medicinal purposes, there are books in the library for it. Did you all enjoy?" he grinned at the entire class, who all nodded with sincerity and returned the sentiment with their own smiles.

"Good, very good. I'll see you all next meeting, don't forget to review, thank you all so very much!" he exclaimed, waving them all goodbye as they all rose from their seats and headed for the door. Andrew turned to Erudite and gave her a shy nod.

"See you," he murmured with a soft smile, as he turned to head out.

"Alright," she replied with a wave of her hand.

She was the last to exit, as she organized her bag rather late. Professor Henry was already halfway done reorganizing his desk and the entire classroom when she was ready to leave, her backpack slung around her shoulders.

"Professor," she called out, and the gray-haired man turned to her with a genuine smile.

"Yes dear, have a question?" he inquired cheerfully, wiping his hands with the damp cloth from a while ago. The pair began to head to the open door as she began to address her thoughts to him.

"The chamomile..." she trailed off, unable to word her statement clearly. Professor Henry stared at her for a moment, before finally speaking.

"The chamomile is a wonderful plant, my dear, and it's my favorite herb of all," he remarked enthusiastically.

"Mine as well, professor-" she began, but he cut her off.

"It's effective as a remedy for almost all ailments and injuries," he stated, but that wasn't the information she needed at all, as it was already mentioned rather clearly in his lecture.

"It seemed to bother you, sir, the chamomile," she furrowed her brows worriedly, as she commented on the professor's obvious discomfort on the herb in question. The professor sighed and scratched the back of his neck, his smile fading into a slight pout. He took a few steps out of the door and then turned towards the Konti with a sad smile.

"It's a cure-all, my dear, a cure-all... that didn't quite cure my wife."

And with that, he stepped away from her view, and down the corridor, his shoes creating a loud tapping sound as he rushed away from the classroom. She stared at the floor where he stood just a few moments ago, frozen and unable to move; she didn't want to follow him, or walk close to him, after what she'd just heard. The empty space where his feet had just been planted upon seemed to burn and erupt with flames, blocking her path.

"Should I apologize, or leave it at that?" she wondered, her stomach churning with discomfort. For a moment, she wondered what might've happened, and as the invisible flames before her faded into nothingness, the ice that froze her muscles melted as well. She decided that it was best to apologize, and then to pretend that nothing had happened. She turned to leave hte classroom and walk down the corridor, her eyes fixated on the darkness ahead of her. Today was a good day, and the class was even better than she'd expected. For now, that was all that mattered.

END.

In Erudite we trust.

Erudite

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Echelon on April 26th, 2012, 8:31 pm

Adventurer's Loot

A Gift
Experience is it's own reward.
Erudite's Loot :
Erudite

Skill XP Reward
Herbalism +5XP
Observation +3XP
Writing +2XP
Botany +2XP
Teaching +2XP
Architecture +1XP
Sociology +1XP
Socializing +1XP
Cooking +1XP
Medicine +1XP

Lore:
Beauty of Pre-Valterrian architecture
Herbalism: Intoxicating Aroma
Henry M. Aldernay: Herbalism Professor
Henry M. Aldernay: Widower
Henry M. Aldernay: Phenomenal Teacher
Herbalism: Five Methods of Utilizing Medicinal Plants
Herbalism: Tincture Medium Recipe
Herbalism: Steep Dried Ingredients
Flirting: Receiving End
Theoretical Bouillon
Herbalism: Fighting The Taboos
Jealousy: Causes Daggered Words
Andrew: Classmate
Andrew: Interested
Andrew: Herbalist
Andrew: Botanist
Andrew: Striking
Veronica: Aggressive
Veronica: Bold
Veronica: Jealous
Veronica: Herbalist
Veronica: Classmate
Aloe: Appearance
Aloe: Properties
Basil: Appearance
Basil: Properties
Anise: Appearance
Anise: Properties
Chamomile: Appearance
Chamomile: Properties
Cinnamon: Appearance
Cinnamon: Properties
Teaching: Pacing
Teaching: Personality
Teaching: Hands On

Items or Consequences:
+ Herbalism lores to journal

Notes: You described in great detail, with good and accurate detail what your character was learning. This won her a lot of observation and herbalism, along with some botany. I was very impressed, and most of all enjoyed that you did not try to surpass your character's current skill level. I wish more people understood the use of using teachers/mentors at low levels to show their characters what to learn. Though you can rely a lot at low levels on lectures and professors, please be aware that if you want to continue gaining such a great reward in each thread you should try focusing more on what Erudite thinks about what she is learning. I saw a lot of external, and physical responses to this lesson in Erudite, which I love. I would also love to hear her thoughts and see her emotions on things that happen as well. Also, stating clearing how Erudite interprets the lesson and what out of it truly sticks in her mind will help as well, in keeping your XP rewards high.

(Beautifully written. I enjoyed the dialogue, though I have to say I enjoyed the intro much much more. Your writing is much better when your focus remains on your character. Keep up the good work and I'll keep forking out the XP. Don't forget that as your XP rises in Herbalism increasing will become harder. So keep besting yourself. And, again, welcome to Zeltiva. We are very glad to have Erudite here, and this thread is the perfect example why. Edit: On another note, if you wouldn't mind writing up a short Bio, and an proximate skill set for Henry it would be much appreciated. Zeltiva would be better for it. You can send it to Paragon or myself.) - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, please PM me.
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook