Her one friend(Xalet/Flashback)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Iris Timandre on April 25th, 2012, 4:03 am

Timestamp: Spring 12th, 509

Syliras was a very interesting place. Much different from the place I was born and raised. I didn't know many people in Syliras so I always kept to myself. Fear struck when the thought of meeting new people crossed my mind. I just couldn't seem to bring myself to let anyone in, except him. There was a man, a big strong man who always caught my attention when I went for my day time walk. He has a beautiful skin color that I could not explain even if I tried.

I found myself sitting outside. I didn't know much about the city but there was a castle for one. My left hand found it's way up to my face to brush my white hair out of my face. Enjoying the outside fresh air I now remembered the reason I decided to stay here. My heart kept telling me to stay, do not go back to Mura. So I did, every time I saw said Akalak my heart sunk. I just felt like I would do anything for him. I made up my mind that the next time I saw him I'd finally woman up and say something.

Suddenly, that same Akalak, I spotted him walking past me. I lifted myself up and brushed the dust of my backside. My body, I didn't even mean to start walking up to that Akalak. I just did, he had his back turned to me. I reached my right hand out and tapped him on his back. Quickly I put my head down. I wasn't outspoken but this was a rare case. The world crashed down on me, I had his attention. I thought to myself. Say something or risk looking like a konti fool. Words found their way out of my mouth instantly, soft spoken words of the common language. I wasn't good at the common language though I could say the simple things.

"I'm sorry for being so rude, I see you around. I just needed to say something to you."

That's all I could say, I knew he'd give me a weird look but it was better than anything I've been doing for the past few weeks. I just couldn't make eye contact with him. It was very hard for me, I just wanted to run away and cry. Attention wasn't something I was used to. Taking a deep breath I waited for the beautiful Akalak to say something, anything. I just wanted him to know I existed. That's all I really longed for.

I shook, not because it was cold. I shook because of the fear. Never before have I spoken to a male for more than five seconds, I didn't know how to talk to them. It just didn't come to me. Every time I tried I ended up looking like a fool and running away. Crying for that entire week and going to practice magic. Magic, I was NEVER supposed to tell anyone I knew anything about it. Love was a powerful force, maybe to provide something interesting. Something for him to notice I'd tell him about it. It could mean death for me but for some strange reason I told myself I couldn't care less at this point. More words this time I felt weird.

"......I'm Zha'Iva Timandre......you have.....beautiful features...."

Was I insane? Why would I tell him my entire name and call him beautiful out loud? I cursed myself for it but it was much too late to turn back from it now.
Last edited by Iris Timandre on July 9th, 2012, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iris Timandre
I hate you.

Words: 71783
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2011, 9:20 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xalet on May 15th, 2012, 3:35 am

"Huh?" the Akalak mentioned as he spun around and saw...no one. Luckily there was a voice to direct him toward the downward cast gaze of a tiny Konti. Talk about a height disparity. With nearly two feet of distance between them there was no wonder that Xalet's eyes would glance past her at this short distance. His thick soled boots were made so dense to ward off wear and tear from hours and hours of walking. Those thick soles propped him up nearly an inch taller than his typical seven foot frame normally stood. A broad wooden shield lay strapped across his back, it's wooden planks seemed like they came from the floor of a tavern that had seen the footsteps of a thousand men a day. Worn and faded, a faint crest could be seen upon the shield, having been painted once so many years ago. Now that faint symbol was barely more than a stain upon the wood in the shape of a Syliran Longsword.

His sallet helm and arming cap lay within his shoulder pack, where his finger gauntlets were tucked as well. His broad shoulders were covered with four lame gothic style horseman's pauldrons. Spots of rust and tarnish could be seen, as the man typically wore his armor everywhere. Even if he did keep his equipment in an oil bag, sometimes the sheer amount of bells between the time he woke to the time he disarmed was long enough to start up some surface rust. His chest and back were covered by a globose breast and backplate. Ribstops had been smithed into the armor, but it was clearly not originally intended to Xalet. Most of his armor had to be altered to some extent, in order to fit his unusually large frame. The Akalak were not common, even in the militant city of Syliras.

Her words left him somewhat speechless. Xalet had been called many things, but never was it mentioned that he had any kind of 'beautiful' features. "No." he said simply at first. That was how Xalet often spoke in the presence of strangers. His sentences were often short and to the point, a product of his Akalak heritage. With a language that was so involved, so many words often meant so little. In the Human language, that meant such conversations were often painfully short. For this reason, Xalet felt it necessary to expand upon this response, "I mean, it seems inappropriate to use that word on me. The Konti have a strong grip upon the word 'beauty'. You share such beautiful traits of your people. I...am perhaps 'gruff'? My hair is often greasy from sweat, my scent remains tarnished by metal and oil."

Though Xalet had little to fear in any conversation, he was possibly just as bad at talking with women as this Konti was at talking with men. "I am Xalet, squire to Sergeant Irine Braklin. It is good to meet you, ma'am." It was then that Xalet noticed the pale woman's body quivering. Placing a massive hand upon her shoulder he asked, "You shake. Are you cold?"
Xalet
The answer is more Body Building.

Words: 539431
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)