Nightmares (Shadowfang)

Emmadalor never knew dreams could be this terrible.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Nightmares (Shadowfang)

Postby Emmadalor on June 16th, 2012, 4:42 am

Emmadalor clung tightly to him, burying her face in his fur as the tears poured out in a relentless torrent. She feared that if she let go, he would disappear, but she was reassured by his gentle words. Soon, her sobbing became less noisy, and before long she was sniffling quietly. It was amazingly peaceful, to have someone hold her, and just let her cry. It seemed like, all the other times, she could never stop crying, because she got the subtle sense that everyone wanted her to stop. But now she felt safe, and possibly even loved, and for the first time ever, she was almost able to believe that it was not her destiny to be alone for eternity.

After a short while more, her tears ceased, and she looked up into the face of the one who might save her soul. "I don't even know your name," she said quietly.
Emmadalor
Passive-Aggressive Pacifist

Words: 37823
Joined roleplay: January 19th, 2012, 6:49 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Nightmares (Shadowfang)

Postby Shadowfang on July 26th, 2012, 6:58 am

Shadowfang lay there, the... girl in his arms, straining his brain to try and figure out exactly what was happening. He was slightly annoyed. His fur was soaked in her tears, almost as if someone had splashed him with a bucket of water. But at the same time, he felt almost at home. He remembered the times that he had cried as a pup and all he had wanted was for someone to give him a hug. He had really been a wuss of a pup. He let his hands run up and down her back and down the length of her leathery tail, exploring with touch what he could not with sight or smell. He pressed himself against her, relishing how she felt against him.

He rested his mouth on her neck and inhaled deeply. He wanted to feel her, to keep her close to him and be his own warmth and comfort. But he was also so tempted to bite, to rip off a piece of her flesh and taste it and let the salty blood run in his mouth again. He had even already opened his mouth when she spoke again. He began pushing against her, trying to wriggle out of her grasp. Something was happening. The landscape around them seemed to be falling into nothing and fading away. Was their time together, this dream, ending? A shame, really. There was so much he still wanted to do to her. 

He did not know how he understood that the dream was ending, he only knew that he was waking up. He leaned down again and kissed the girl one last time, forceful and rough, pushing his tongue out to touch hers. And, almost as if he was simply reminding her of what he was, he bit her lip again, tasting her salty, sweet blood for a final time, still playing tug of war with himself over whether he should continue holding her or eat her. He just barely managed to whisper in her ear before he faded away completely, "I am Shadowfang."

Shadowfang awoke peacefully, never even opening his eyes. The odd girl was gone, he knew that for a fact, but he almost wished that she would be lying there when he opened his eyes. The sun could not have been up yet. The sounds of night were loud in his ears and the snores of his comrades were too numerous for anyone to be awake. He rolled over and placed a hand on the woman's sleeping next to him, Zandelia. Not because he needed a woman's touch, but because he felt like he wanted to regain something that the dream had given him a small, insufficient sample of. The simple contact of another creature. In his last waking thoughts before sleep claimed him once again, he hoped that he may have another dream like that one soon.
Shadowfang
I Am What I Am

Words: 112301
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2012, 7:58 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Nightmares (Shadowfang)

Postby Cinna on August 7th, 2012, 12:30 am

And the forest reveals....

This was adorable to read, I hope the two of them get to meet in person one day. I wonder what would happen if they did?

Emmadalor :
Lores:
Finding A Kindred Spirit
Knowing What It Feels Like As Prey

Shadowfang :
Lores:
Knowing How to Exert Dominance Over Prey
Separating Dreams From Reality
A Reminder of the Past

If you have any questions or concerns with my grade then please don't hesitate to PM me :)
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous