Beyond The Horizon (Sariana)

Sylkra and Sariana further improve their relationship.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Postby Sylkra on April 29th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Spring 79, 512
Sunset

Sylkra was taking a well-needed nap. The whole idea of being on a big piece of wood bolted together by screws in the middle of an ocean was unsettling. What if the boat broke? That wouldn't end up well. They would drown. Just the thought of Sylkra's life slowly ending made her shutter. She definitely didn't like the idea. In human form, she got up from her ball and walked out onto the main deck.

The sun was setting. Its shades were very refined. Pink, orange, and red hues shaped the sky and made it a work of art. She tried putting a little smile on her face, but being on the boat just upset her too much. She sighed and started licking her arm, cleaning it and warming it.

Sylkra didn't really need to warm it, the temperature was high. In fact, she was sweating a little.

"If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you've done and whoever you were and throw them away."

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Words: 65240
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2012, 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sariana on April 30th, 2012, 11:04 am

Sariana rested with arms crossed over the railing, leaning against it and staring into the sunset without actually seeing. Her mind was elsewhere, days in the past and miles back in Syliras. A slight frown drew her brows together, as though she was caught in a moment of anger or sorrow. As the sea-breeze tugged against her hair and caressed her skin, the drykas sighed and closed her eyes, remembering...

Warm lips and even warmer skin, the soft glow of lamplights...

She missed him, and she hated it. One night, one chance meeting. The warrior felt like she had left something behind. It dragged at her soul, tearing her in two. The sensation, the familiar urge to travel on still dug at her very being...but her heart wasn't ready to leave yet. It was silly. Sariana didn't fall in love, not with godly shards of moonshine brought to life, not with anyone. She didn't have the time to fall in love, or the ability to commit. There was a great quest still ahead of her, and if she loved she would linger. She couldn't linger. Besides...no one said love anyway. Just...

She missed him.

The sound of footsteps drew her attention, and the drykas opened her eyes and turned. Her frown turned into a soft smile as she pushed away from the side of the ship and walked towards the kelvic that had appeared on deck. Sylkra didn't seem to like the ship, and the brunette didn't blame her.

"Hey there, how are you feeling?" Sariana asked lightly, closing the distance between them to tuck a lock of blond hair behind Sylkra's ear. She adored the majestic wolf, like a friend and child. Her heart swelled every time Sylkra declared her Master, proud to let anyone and everyone know that the creature was bonded to her, that they shared a trust far deeper than simply friends.

Sariana
Player

Words: 98220
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 3:13 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Sylkra on April 30th, 2012, 7:39 pm

oocSo, this is maybe a little dramatic. But I'm listening to dramatic music right now, so, it controlled my post a little. :D

Sylkra shifted her head over to where Sariana was walking toward her. She smiled. They were bonded, a force more powerful than any friendship, more powerful than any marriage.

They were going to protect each other until every ounce of blood has been ripped from them. Every last scrap of skin has been ripped from them.

Sylkra looked back out into the sea. She had thrown up yesterday, the sea was not for a wolf. The rocking of the boat disgusted her. Sylkra recalled how she had ran up to the railing only to loose her deer.

She managed to jumble up a very weak smile on her face. She loved Sariana, and can always muster up a smile on her face. But the boat was just too much for her. Sylkra quickly dropped her smile and her face was suddenly full of depression. Tears hung on her eyelashes and were on the verge of spilling.

The boat was scary, big, and too human. It hurt her mentally.

"I... horrible. The boat... i-"

She stopped, thinking saying she didn't like the boat was going to hurt Sariana's feelings. But, Sariana... Sylkra trusted her. With her life.

Sylkra went on, "It is horrible and unnatural. I don't like it."

Her tears spilled. She wiped them gently with her eyes. She never wanted to be on another boat again.

"If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you've done and whoever you were and throw them away."

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sariana on May 1st, 2012, 11:05 am

The kelvics obvious distress pulled Sariana from her melancholy thoughts, feeling deeply for the wolf. The bond between them was richer than anything she could relate to, except perhaps the one she held with Vrathetu. But the strider was connected to her in a spiritual and cultural way. He wasn't just her mount, he was part of who she was. The connection she shared with Sylkra was like that, and so much more. There was a feeling of friendship, compassion, protection, love. It swelled up and spilled forth every time she came close to the creature, and whenever she was apart from Sylkra for extended periods of time it made the young warrior anxious.

"Hey, hey its okay." She said in a gentle voice, stroking soft blond hair and lacing her fingers into one of the kelvics hands. Her blue eyes took in the tears and the strain in the shifters voice. Reaching up with one hand, she brushed the tears away from human cheeks.

"It must be hard on you, being out on the ocean like this. I admit, I'm not particularly enjoying the ride. We belong on the ground, running through the grass you and I. Not on...this." Her free hand moved to sweep out across the vast body of water spread out for miles in front of them. Sighing, she turned to lean on the rail.

"I know Vrathetu feels like you as well."

Sariana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sylkra on May 2nd, 2012, 8:49 pm

Sylkra took a couple of multiple sighs. The crying soothed her, and made her calm. But so did Sariana's stroking of her hair. Grasping Sariana's hand, she looked out over into the ocean. The gentle waves were frightening, but soft. It was quite odd, being afraid of something that, really, was supposed to be calming.

What would make her feel better? Sylkra knew. Singing. It always made her feel better. In a soft, almost quite voice, she sang,

"Oh, down, in the forests,

is the sunset waking up.

But down it goes,

When you were just a pup.

It is okay,

the moon is your friend.

For with Sariana, Sylkra, and the moon,

friendship will never end."

It was a peaceful song that her old wolf pack taught her. She replaced the words "Wolves, forests, and the moon" with "Sariana, Sylkra, and the moon." It was a song that she had cherished, as if it was a family heirloom. Sylkra was taught that at an early age, and it was always her favorite song.

Sylkra found herself after singing very relaxed. Her crying had stopped, and the tears were now dried streams down her face. She looked at her master, and hugged her.

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sariana on May 4th, 2012, 11:53 am

Sariana listened as the kelvic sang, smiling at the words. She cherished the bond between her and the young creature, and the fact that the wolf felt for her just as deeply made the drykas feel touched. There wasn't any complications or expectations, Sylkra gave everything she had for her, and Sariana would give anything the kelvic would ask in return.

When the song finished, the young wolf wrapped her arms around the warrior in a warm hug. Sariana chuckled and hugged her back, stroking her blond hair and sighing.

"That was beautiful, Sylk. I loved it." Tilting her head to rest her cheek on the top of the kelvic's head, the brunette stared across the ocean.

"We still have such a long way to go. I'm glad I have someone I can rely on with me. Can you imagine how petching cold Avanthal is going to be?" Lifting her head, the woman laughed.

"We're going to have to go hunting along the way, maybe see if we can find some animals in their winter coats. I know you've got your own lovely warm coat, but me? I'm going to freeze my petching butt off!"

Sariana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sylkra on May 5th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Sylkra smiled, hugging her master as her hair was stroked gently. Sariana was like a mother to Sylkra, only Sylkra watches over her. She watched the rolling waves pass by them, so calm and relaxing. She wished this moment would never end. It was as hypnotizing as getting her stomach rubbed in wolf form. Sylkra leaned her head against Sariana, cherishing the moment.

Sariana started to speak of a place called Avanthal, but really, Sylkra wasn't listening. Or at least up until the point when Sariana mentioned "hunting".

She lifted her head from Sariana, and stated, "We can't hunt master. The sea, it... it's barren. And I can't swim."

She hoped they really wouldn't have to dive into the ocean and hunt that way. Sylkra's biggest fear was water, which was why being on a boat was so depressing for her. If it came to saving drowning Sariana though, Sylkra would dive right in, even if it killed her.

~Steve Jobs

Sylkra
The Ranger Wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sariana on May 6th, 2012, 12:03 am

The drykas warrior couldn't help but laugh out loud at Sylkra's sudden comment, hugging the wolf closer and shaking her head.

"No, not here on the water Sylk. Back on land, when we're travelling on foot to Avanthal." Sighing, she let her go and chuckled to herself.

"You are such a delight to have around, truly. Having Vrathetu as a companion, it makes the trip a little quiet...but having you here." Grinning, she moved to lean on the railing again and looked back at the kelvic.

"Having you here makes it feel much less lonely. I'm glad you chose me, Sylkra." Turning her head to look down at the water as they broke through the waves, a thought came to the woman, and she stood to turn back to Sylkra.

"Can I ask, is there anything you need from me? I mean, your following me on a quest that most people might call crazy...but I've never asked whether you had plans. Is there somewhere you have to go? Something you needed to do? I don't want you to feel like my travel is the only important thing here. Your life is important too Sylk. I might be your...Master," The word still irked Sariana.

"But I'm also your friend. Under my watch, you are free to come and go as you please, and to tell me where you want to go." The blue eyed woman wanted Sylkra to understand that she was free, even if they were bonded - she was not a slave or a servant. She was a companion.

Sariana
Player

Character sheet