Hearing The Waves(Creeper)

Leon unleashes the grace of water!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Leon Von Strova on May 1st, 2012, 6:00 am

83rd of Spring, 512 AV
Midnight

Leon moved silently in the fog bound city, his hands clad only in the gauntlets he used as a weapon. His black clothing helped hide him well in the darkness of the night. He wore the hood of his cloak upon his head, hiding his face as he stalked through the shadows, listening for movement out in the fog. Still, quietly, he crept onward, seeking...what? Loot? A Capture? He could not explain the restlessness he experience tonight. He moved slowly, his boots barely touching the ground as he cocked his head. Was that movement? No. Surely he was mistaken. He tensed, backing into an alcove behind him, his night trained eyes, adjusted to the dark for a while now, sought out the source of the movement.
Leon Von Strova
The Silent Death

Words: 15951
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2012, 2:00 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Creeper on May 16th, 2012, 4:28 pm

The man could hardly believe his eyes. There was one of those people who had answered the call for aid that The Spires sent, walking around the city, alone. What kind of idiot was he? It was one thing if you had lived in the city all your life, then it wouldn't be so bad. But this man didn't look like he'd ever even set foot in the city before. This idiot seemed determined to get himself killed. The dark green man shook his head, and leapt down from his spot in the tree, landing in a crouch before Leon.

He turned, his massive, muscular chest shining in the Fog. A capture pack could be seen slung over his left shoulder, a pack that Leon had come without. He towered over Leon, as most Akalak do, glaring down at him. "You came unprepared, boy. Turn back and get out of he--"

Twang

That was a sound most people would recognize. The sound of an arrow escaping a bow. The Akalak whipped around, with almost godlike instincts, snatched the arrow by the shaft from the air. Continuing the motion, he spun around toward Leon, "RUN!" The green man drew a long dagger, known to his race as a Lakan, and took off to the northwest. Leon would only have a moment to react before several arrows filled the space he was currently occupying. The large green man was seen sprinting along the long wooden platform, away from the hidden attackers. After a chime of full on sprinting, he came to a half crumbled structure and took shelter within. He was on edge, his Lakan always at the the ready. "Why are you here you fool?! You are clearly not ready!"

Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Leon Von Strova on May 17th, 2012, 3:32 am

The Thief's head snapped up at the words, even as he tilts his head. A mere boy was here? His head snapped around even as his instincts called to him. As he heard the Twang, Leon's legs contracted and then released, sending him backwards into a roll, causing him to come to his feet, and sending him running towards cover. He jumped over the barrier, "Scouting...I hate not knowing the layout of a place...Its best to scout alone." The Thief growled as he felt his gauntlets shift against his flesh, his eyes scouring the darkness around them for signs of danger. "My name is Leon, not boy, and not fool. Do well to remember that, Ser." The Thief sighed as he prayed to the Goddess of Shadows, Let me find the thing I seek. The source of the waves in my ears..

Still, he looked at his new companion, "And you? Do you have a name or do I call you Green?" He chuckled, dryly as he stayed pressed to the wall. "I seek one of the Reimancers...since only they could I be hearing."
Leon Von Strova
The Silent Death

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Creeper on June 26th, 2012, 3:37 pm

The boy was trying to give him lessons in respecting his name after he had just saved his pink ass? This upset Korschak to no end, and he lashed out. With a large Akalak fist into the boy's teeth. He felt one of the weak, human teeth loosen and pop out of its place. "You will call me nothing, and I don't give a shyke about what you are looking for, all I know is you are traipsing through hostile territory louder than a spoiled child. This isn't a joke, this isn't a game. If I hadn't been there, you would've died under the arrows of mercenaries turned poachers. You can either sit here and cry, or make yourself useful, and help me take care of these motherpetchers. You may be wet behind the ears, but you might have some use. Now shyke or get off the chamber pot!"

Korschak dove out of their hiding spot, and two quick twangs of a bowstring were heard. Korschak caught one arrow right before it would have plunged into his eye, and the other buried itself in the wood between his feet. The Akalak moved powerfully, quick, drawing the fire from the two hidden snipers. Leon could see from the direction of the arrows, that the assailants were both north of his location, and were likely hidden in the branches of one of the trees. Korschak's long dreads bounced as he dodged, dipped, ducked, dove and dodged the arrows that rained down. Leon wouldn't have long to react, for even the Akalak couldn't draw the fire forever.

The two humans looked down upon the green man, laughing as they played a game with him, trying to see who could hit him first. Wine was heavy on their breath, and their leathers indicated them as run of the mill hunters. They had already forgotten about the human, assuming he was already dead, as they joked and laughed, and continued loosing arrows. They sat upon a sagging branch, just barely supporting their combined weight. They were about fifty yards from his hunkered down location, and ten feet up in the air. One of them was getting bored with the Akalak, and was now looking around for another target.

Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Leon Von Strova on June 29th, 2012, 4:10 am

The solid punch to his jaw set his ears to ringing even as he spit out one of his teeth and watched the big purple beast go to draw fire. The thief could only shake his head as he watched the ape man go.

With the grace of a thief, Leon moved around the building, and into the shadows. He stayed out of the line of sight of the archers, stalking towards their hiding place in a roundabout route. He still got to them quickly, gripping the branches above him as he stalked slowly up the tree, making his progress slow but steady. As he stepped up to stand behind the two, he was careful to be as silent as possible. He drew his power to life, letting it enforce his fists as he struck at the back of the two males neck, seeking a solid knockout. He could only hope, as he heard the crack of his fists striking flesh that his attack had been true.
Leon Von Strova
The Silent Death

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cinna on August 9th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Korschak dove behind a nearby tree for cover as he breathed heavily through his nose, the arrow assault lessening. The Akalak could only hope that the two were getting tired, and that would give him enough time to make a proper retaliation or to a lesser extent, hope the boy had come up with something clever. His foot touched something and he realized that it was a rock, rather hefty one at that. He bent down and picked it up, testing its weight in his hand as an idea came to him. Perhaps he could topple one of the petching poachers from his perch, which would cause the other to panic and drop as well, giving Korschak the chance to take him down as well.

However he didn't get anywhere with his plan because the sound of flesh hitting flesh reached his ears along with groans before two solid thumps. Korschak cautiously peered out from behind his hiding place to see two shapes in a heap on the ground, both groaning from the impact and trying to get their bearings. The boy must have done something to the both of them, and now they were trying to get away. If the boy wanted to make this his fight then fine, Korschak was not about to risk his own neck for a fool.

"Finish them off boy, they are going to get away!" he called, deciding to let him finish what was started. If he was killed.....well Korschak had told him he was unprepared. "If you can't then get out of the way!"
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Capricious on February 15th, 2013, 2:25 am

All participants in this moderated thread are retired. As such, this thread is being closed.

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)