Returning to my Muse [Kavala]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Sorian on June 1st, 2010, 10:36 am

Sorian stroked Kavala's hair as she talked weakly, her wraith-like state still apparent in her fatigue. He almost pitied the fact that she was alone in her efforts, but the myriad of names she uttered--all strangers to him--reassured him that he was not very missed. One of the names, however, caught his attention with the particular amount of affection lavished upon it.

"Hatot? An... Akalak?" he repeated with a hint of slow apprehension, his scrubbing stopping yet again as he pondered on the possibilities. He truly had a slow brain before, but he has since adapted quickly to the pace one would expect of a two hundred year old individual, and as such he was able to gather his thoughts into the 'special friend' part of the equation. What's more, he knows that people have been coming to see her with the intention of invoking the ancient promise that netted her Sanctuary itself. It was one of the things he had intended on protecting her from, but it was not something he had a right to revoke, especially because he is an outcast and a vigilante in the eyes of his fellow Akalak. He didn't pursue the matter though, proceeding to answer her own question while keeping himself busy with cleaning her back.

"I... Left because I felt like... I needed to find... Peace. With Navis," he droned slowly. It was the kind of vague, ambiguous response that had the potential to anger Kavala, so he immediately followed it up with "Indeed... After many battles with... Humans, monsters and... With Navis, I believe we have reached... An accord."

A sigh from him would have told the perceptive Konti that what he said was only half-true. He and Navis have reached a decision to balance their lifestyles and their times at the helm; during the day Sorian would be in control, during the night Navis would be, with the added benefit of him being free to do whatever he pleased. So he knew that for now, it was safe to be around Sanctuary.

He had to leave before nightfall. It was probably the very thing that Kavala wanted to study in his facial reactions when he said his double-edged piece.

When he was finished with her back, he took a deep breath and shook his head out of his lustful stupor, cleaning her front as quickly and gently as he could. Her breasts were soft, supple and warm to the touch, and he glided the sponge over, beneath and across them post haste to give him some room to breathe; every time he did touch the parts of her body that were quite sensitive (for him, at least) he felt like he would explode, ballooning his face into a puffy version of labor and unusual excitement.

Then came the hard part: cleaning her nether regions. "I'll... Get in the tub, too, alright?" he said cautiously, then he dropped his scraggly pantaloons and got right in with some awkwardness. He was a bit embarrassed because the strange feelings of lust had for her had hardened his member, and it made him enter the water with his back to her face. Once he was safe behind the bloody sheet of water, he waded closer to her.
"Please... Stand, Kavala," he ordered her discreetly so that she stood with her abdomen to his face. Taking yet another sigh and holding himself breathless, he began stroking and scrubbing her scarred belly, down to her legs, both her feet, and then lastly her privates, taking extra caution when it came to her genitalia; by then the redness in his face was so apparent that he beamed a more purple color than pale blue.

He stood up from his crouch for awhile to stretch himself from the coiled muscles in his legs, then took a warm bucket of clean water from the faucet. Settling back down, he dipped the sponge to rinse her clean, taking two towels to help wipe her clean afterwards.

"So... Was it okay?" he asked her a bit shyly as he was drying her hair.
Sorian
The wheels of life have slowly fallen off

Words: 202697
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2009, 8:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on June 1st, 2010, 7:49 pm

ImageKavala nodded. "Yes, he teaches unarmed combat to youth and works a little as a blacksmith. You will meet him - in the morning or around. He's been teaching me to defend myself." She added. "They all have something to teach. The falconer, the kelvics, even the cook." She added.

He had changed. She noted absently, too tired to do much than be a casual observer to what he was doing to her body. After all, it was Sorian, not some stranger with ill intent. She trusted him, though perhaps it made her a fool. And though he might have thought he hid his arousal, she could still tell by how he was acting that something was going on. She didn't mind his hands on her at all. There was no place she hadn't been touched, no taboo that hadn't already been broken and broken so many times that she couldn't remember a time when it wasn't okay for someone to do with her what they wanted.

In a way, she watched him in her tired state, and mourned the loss of her own pride. Once, she'd never let someone tell her what to do. And yet, she felt herself standing as he asked, and saying nothing as he took liberties to wash what wasn't really dirty. Fingers and sponge touched her where they had no right too, and yet she said nothing; half coward half exhausted. The blood had been on her face, arms, shoulders and especially her hands. She lifted her hands to look at them as he finished, now completely different than they had once been. Still webbed, still scaled, her hands could do things she'd never dreamed they could. She wondered if they were big enough to push him away.

Kavala knew they weren't.

She was too tired anyhow. All she wanted was sleep, now that she was clean - and grateful to be so. In the afternoon after she awoke, she'd give him a piece of her mind. "Why are you back, Sorian? And why are you being so nice? You should have let me sleep." She said abruptly then, slipping out of the tub to accept the towels. There was no judgment in her voice. At least not of him. She leaned a hip against the stone wall of it, enjoying the rough hewn outer edge against her thigh and made use of the towel, still absently wondering why he was treating her as a child.

Bright azure eyes watched him, curious, wondering what he'd say. She also wondered what he expected from her? From Sanctuary. So much had happened, so much had changed. She wasn't sure where to even begin. And then there was Hatot. She'd tell him, of course, but not right now. Not when she was so tired. Sorian, or rather Navis' rage, had to be carefully dealt with, and there was no provision in her at the moment for doing so. Kavala turned, took a robe off the rack, and slipped it around her body, belting it. Then she gestured in a way that indicated he could follow, and she headed for her quarters upstairs.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sorian on June 2nd, 2010, 3:09 am

"Why... Am I... Being so... Nice?" he uttered the words in confusion. It was somehow perplexing that she expected him to be less than what he had just showed her. The irony of it all was that she was supposed to be the one taking care of him. If she actually had a 'special friend' around, where was he at this time? He was supposed to be taking care of her too, and he sensed a hint of guilt in the Konti's face when he tried.

Perhaps the truth would have to be this: he didn't expect anything from her, not now, not when he still has a broken promise under his belt. The only thing that was keeping him from throwing back into a lowlier mental state is the fact that Kavala seemed to bear him no grudges. When she passed him by on her way up to her room, he looked at his hands and buried his face back into them for awhile: why did he feel that there was anything he could actually do for her? Did he do something to upset her? He was paranoid like that, and it was the stem of his propensity to harm himself badly. His mind skipped back to the time when he burned himself trying to quell a badly cooked fire which he was unable to control. And for his troubles, who did he please? No one. He upset her still.

Or, he reasoned out, she must simply be tired.

He naturally followed her, moving in slow, tense motions that spoke of a renewed sense of embarrassment; all he had done was simply to make her feel a bit more comfortable and relaxed, and it probably ended up becoming awkward. She trusted him, no doubt in his mind she did. But what now? Where do they go from here? He peered from the door after a few minutes, allowing her to dress up and sit back as she pleased.

"Kavala?" he whispered, an almost sad look apparent on his face, even though he had a wispy smile on.
Sorian

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kavala on June 2nd, 2010, 6:53 pm

ImageKavala linked her hand with his and tugged at him, not letting Sorian pause at her doorway but leading him straight to her bed. A different woman might have been sending a totally different signal but this was Kavala and Sorian knew she wanted one thing and one thing only atm... some sleep. Plus she was Dyrkas, and everyone knew most of the serious conversations happened after dark when the pavilions got quiet and everyone settled in to sleep.

"Don't parrot questions back at me, Sorian."
Kavala said softly, and didn't stop tugging on him until they were facing her bed. It was just past sunrise, so the view was amazing out across the balcony as sunlight streamed in and highlighted the blues of the bed clothing, muted by the drapes of mosquito netting. The bed was huge, low to the ground, and Sorian could see that since he'd been gone she'd decorated. A mural of sea creatures lined one wall, showing an undersea reef colorful with fishes. The door had been repaired where he'd knocked it in with his foot and fist, and furniture in the form of colorful pillows and a long low table had been added. Against one far wall shelves were in place that held the beginnings of a budding collection of books.

She pushed him down on the bed so he was propped up against the headboard and then joined him on the bed, only curled up at his side with her head on his knee like a child would. He could tell she was exhausted, but realized she needed to talk to him. Kavala worked like that... worked until there was nothing left inside her and all she could do was sleep. But Sorian needed attention, needed something from her, and she wasn't sure how to give it.

"Sorian, a lot has changed since you left. A lot. We need to talk, but I'm going to fall asleep where I am so it best be done here just in case."
Kavala said softly in her rich alto voice. It was tinged with her exhaustion, but stronger now that she was clean and there was no more blood on her. "I know... how you want things to be between us. At least I think I do. I never know with people... they confuse me a whole lot of the time. I don't know how to read them, how to anticipate them, how to even take the words they say at face value." She started out... paused, then continued.

"But, its always been awkward, Sorian. I've always taken care of you. I've always been your friend. And I appreciate your friendship more than you could know. Without you, I'd have very little understanding of your people. And I certainly wouldn't have thrived here very well unless we became friends." She said softly, a little reverently.

"But there's other people here now. Akela is here. She's a strong presence in my life and though you might not understand it, she's my slave. She's my slave so she doesn't have to be someone else s. And there's Raiha... an Akontak. You'll meet her or one of her birds or perhaps the Kelvic bear that follows her. Lae is around too, a kelvic hawk. And Flick, who most often shares my bed and sleeps curled up beside me. She's a little fennec fox and an amazing girl. She's probably out trying desperately to find something useful to do with herself so that she fits in... but she already fits in. They all do. They are all like my family, Sorian. And there's also Hatot. He's young, and hes not here right now because hes going through some pretty heavy duty things in his life... his Rite of Passage for one thing. When he touches me, Sorian, like you just did... things come alive in me. There's no hesitation, no awkwardness, no uncertainty. I come alive. He reminded me of what its like to be a female and not to be some filthy human's whore. I've been with him and hes welcome here any time as well. " Kavala said softly. "And though I don't have any idea how he feels about me - none at all - I care a great deal about him. I care about all of them. Even you. But I don't think we were meant to be anything but friends, Sorian. If we were, we'd have known it after today. Even tired, I'd have known." She said softly, wanting him to understand, even if he was angry.

"And they are here Sorian. They don't just leave, abruptly. I know you have good reasons for disappearing, and I understand that... but you never even said goodbye. You never let me wish you luck or hug you in farewell. And then i worried. I didn't know if you'd been gone... if you'd been in danger.. "
It had worried her.. she lost a lot of sleep over it. But Kavala wasn't sure how she could make Sorian understand how much his wandering ways worried people.

Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sorian on June 3rd, 2010, 8:21 am

The Akalak was surprised that Kavala pulled him in when he tried to wait at the door, and he almost flinched and pulled away when she held his hand. He felt powerless to do so, however, and he allowed her to pull him further and then down without a whimper. Closing his eyes, he held his breath and waited to feel those rough hands on him, much like the way he had lavished her with touches in the bath. He kept them closed for awhile, until he felt the threads of her silvery hair trailing his legs, and he ended up finding himself tilting his head to the side in another bout of confusion.

Indeed, for a fleeting moment in time she had induced deeply hidden agendas and uncovered truths which he had only discovered himself. He loved her. He wanted her; in the darkness of a whole lifetime he had found solace only in her presence, and it made him yearn for her solitary attention. Limply he had set aside his own fears, his remembrances of Karnelia, her untimely death, and the fact that he had ever experienced the darkness he had. As long as Kavala was with him, he didn't care at all.

She had sent him the wrong message with her actions, and when she curled up and started to talk, her tired words revealed her true intentions. As she narrated her outlook and her honest feelings towards him, Sorian stayed quiet, although his inner emotions were heaving and sundering in revolution and regret. He was kicking and stomping on himself in his imaginations, cursing Navis for denying her that one night when she reached out to him for redemption and pleasure, for denying him his own lover to have. It was so unfair to him; all this time he had kept Navis at bay, and the other side had grown out of his disdain; he didn't care because he had someone who kept him constantly in her thoughts, empowering him, giving him the motivation to survive the great canyon that divided them in half. Navis had found Mao for himself to complete him, and the bond that had been formed during that bright, illuminated night was still there to nourish him, stronger than ever.

But what about him? Didn't he deserve his own happiness to enjoy? His own 'bondmate' to have? He has suffered far longer than Navis, and still he has found no comfort. Kavala had been the void that had caved in inside him that very moment - the blankness in his stare into space warned her that he was not taking well to her words.

Navis, his brother, his executioner, his tormentor, has Mao waiting for him. And here he was suffering the barrier of his friendship with the woman who had pulled him away from a misery that nobody else could have possibly endured.

As the clandestine poison in her words continued to seep through him, tears began to well up in his tired eyes, ones he tried to fight back but simply overpowered him, and he sobbed like a hurt baby over her. Pain washed over him in waves, but he didn't flee. He didn't even budge away from the woman who laid at his feet. For some strange reason the cogs in his head didn't deny him the kind of thinking that he would be needing to upstage the hurt. No, it cleared his mind and made him think again like a two hundred year old should - in a matured and accepting way.

Perhaps it was not Navis' fault, perhaps it was his in part as well, and he had always known Kavala's jadedness and resignation along with her stoic goodness and care. She has never wanted a lover, only someone to care for her and someone to care for. At least, despite the loss that he had experienced, at least he had been able to show that he cared for her, in the same manner, in the same amount that she cared for him. The knot in his heart remained, but the corners of his mind were straight and sunny.

He understood.

He stopped his sobbing, took in a mighty breath, then sighed. Friendship was all she could give him, that much he had known for a long time now. He sat there, quiet and placid, the experience rendering him breathless.

"I have not cried like this in a hundred years Kavala," he spoke in his rich, toned voice in straight sets, unhindered by the usual difficulty with which he expressed his thoughts. Deep inside it shocked him that he could still speak as if he was never a feral creature, and it might have shocked Kavala too. But he didn't stop there. He inhaled another big breath before continuing. "I have always known, I have always known how you felt. And I'm sorry for leaving you like that. Yes, I have my reasons. But now I feel that, somewhat, they are justified."

He balked at the next set of words he was supposed to say, words that go along the lines of
"I have always been the one on the losing side," or something sad like "You're right, I wanted you to love me too." They are words that would have been futile, and instead he looked down at her, trying to make his lips curl into a smile, and settled with words that showed how he has accepted his fate.

"Thank you for your honesty. I'll always be your friend."
Sorian

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kavala on June 4th, 2010, 3:52 pm

ImageKavala faced his tears. She faced the pain she'd inadvertently caused him with wide sober eyes that were now more awake than asleep. She didn't want to hurt Sorian, but it was simply that the words needed spoken between them. Anything with him would be a lie. It would be wooden and artificial and cold. She could tell that already because it was something she was well used too. Every time a slaver had touched her, roughly held her and whispered his love to her just before taking his pleasure, she'd experienced the lie they'd built up in their minds about her. There had been only one man, among all of them, that hadn't crooned softly to her afterwards about how they knew how much she'd liked it. The same man was the one that had always brought his knives so that even after she'd stopped reacting to the others - stopped crying and sobbing and begging and fighting them - he'd made her scream.

But it was honest torture. It wasn't a soul killing lie. Kavala wanted her world full of truths. She wanted forthright upfrontedness in all her dealings with people. Even in sex, if her Nakivak status was ever claimed, she'd treat it like a business deal - for that was exactly what it was.

And so, as Sorian cried, she sat up, rubbed his back a little and made soft soothing noises at him. She nodded when he said he'd always known. Kavala believed him. And in a way, she was glad he'd left too. Perhaps she'd never talked to others, never met new friends, or even left Sanctuary's comfort.

"I do love you. But I love you as a friend. I am not sure I'm ever going to be capable of anything more with anyone. It's not safe for them anyhow. There is a curse on my family. I've told you about this before. Everyone we love somehow becomes twisted, harmed by our hands or harmed due to us. Even ourselves. Akela can tell you about it too. It's connected to the Denusk Pavilion. It's the reason our mother is dead. It's the reason Tamar, my brother's wife, died. Its the reason Akela and I left the clan and the bad things that happened to us happened to us." She explained. "I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you." She added softly still stroking his knee.

"I don't want it to hurt anyone else."
She said softly - meaning anyone - Flick, Akela, Hatot, Sorian, Raiha, or any of the other people that dwelled here.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sorian on June 4th, 2010, 6:14 pm

When she finished speaking, her gentle hand placating whatever was left of his hurt, his quivering smile blossomed into a full one, and he felt the breeze trying to take it all away. He truly understood the circumstances even without the explanation and the admittances, so the curse explanation was somewhat lost on him. Of course he remembered that story, but as much as it was a big deal for Kavala, Akela and the rest of her family, he didn't care much about it. He was not afraid of death. Maybe Navis was now that he had Mao to look forward to, but he himself wasn't even in the slightest bit.

The truth is, he had been searching for a way to die for so long that he had almost forgotten how to live. He had been waiting for death to come, but their long lifespan had denied him a peaceful one in his sleep, and his other half continued to fight for their right to exist. But him? He had long given up on himself, his purpose, the bigger picture, the forest in the trees. Navis had the sole responsibility of having all the blood in their hands, but it was still their shared hands nonetheless, and it sickened him of living. That is, until Kavala plucked him out of the hell that his wild and empty life of murder and mayhem had been.

She had given him life, a renewed sense of joy. It was wonderful while it lasted, and he was thankful for it. He shook his head slowly to tell her it was okay, his face full of realization and contentment.
"I'm fine with whatever is fine with you. Your friendship means a lot to me, and I'm thankful for it. You had been a fine reason to exist, Kavala, but now I'm going to live my life, for myself, just as I should have, and now would."

He took her hand into his and squeezed it firmly and warmly. It was the last of what he could say about the matter, though he was still going to listen if Kavala wanted to talk more about it.
Sorian

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kavala on June 4th, 2010, 8:19 pm

ImageShe smiled sadly at his words. They'd come to a mutual understanding, at least, and though both weren't easy with the outcome - Kavala wished she could pick who she cared for and who she didn't for it would be far easier on her in the long run.

But life didn't work that way. Everyone around her seemed to learn that too. Flick, Sorian, Akela, even Hatot wouldn't be untouched.

Kav patted his knee softly, reassuringly and nodded. "I know you will. Sorian, thats the best thing I think I've ever heard you say... that you will live your life." She said with a smile, snuggled closer, and promptly fell asleep with her head balanced on his knee. The rest was overdue. And the exhaustion was overwhelming. Birthing calves was not easy work. Especially not alone and not for a Konti of her size. But she couldn't justify sleep until they had talked things through - until they had both understood.

She felt that they were at that point, so sleep claimed her. And she let it whirl her away to Nysel's realm so she could come back and wage more battles anew.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sorian on June 5th, 2010, 1:36 am

Yes, they had reached an understanding, Sorian felt it drive through him with like the winds that blew by Kavala's window. It was as clear as the strokes she gave him, the Kavala dropped into a deep slumber once she had assumed a niche by the side of his body, snuggling like a tired kitten beside a massive blue hound. He could hear the wind chimes and the echoes of the horizon so clearly, soothing him and comforting him, and it blew over his tired eyes as if it was beckoning him to sleep as well. He had forgotten that he had been running for days and nights with barely any rest, and now the fatigue had caught up with him.

While the rest of Sanctuary's denizens were waking up to the call of day, the sunlight dropped at the doors of the Konti's room with timid gentleness, and for the whole rest of its busy afternoon it only had the blue giant and his tiny white friend in their peaceful sleep, united in their dreams in a manner that could have made the most beautiful scenes in the earthly plane contort away in shame.

It had all panned out in the end. Both were sleeping soundly for it.

Thread end.
Sorian

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Cayenne on June 10th, 2010, 3:22 am

Aww! This is a very touching thread, and a pleasure to read. Well done, both of you.

I hereby award the following:

Sorian:
Rhetoric: 2
Medicine: 1
Interrogation: 1

Kavala:
Animal Husbandry (Bovine): 2
Interrogation: 2
Rhetoric: 1

Also: Two calves for Sanctuary.
Cayenne
Jungle Queen