Syliras Location-Bizaar [Cerus and Sam]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Cerus on May 12th, 2010, 3:31 am

"Lets take a walk and see if anything jumps out at us while en route. I'm always a fan of distractions. They're always more exciting." He reached into the pocket with the coin and started turning it between his knuckles absently.

"There's a place where man and beast can eat at the same time. It's just further."
Cerus
Player

Words: 15576
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2010, 9:14 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 12th, 2010, 3:57 am

"All right," he said, walking along. "And Horse won't starve if he doesn't eat with us. If you want to walk that far, that's fine, and we appreciate the thought, but, you know... just so you know."

He ignored the way Cerus was taunting him with the coin. Waiting for the opportunity was sometimes the hardest part, but he could be patient and, if need be, Horse was well-trained enough to provide sufficient distraction.

"So what's your story?"
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Cerus on May 12th, 2010, 4:41 am

"Your choice. But did you ask your partner if he was hungry?" Far be it for him to come between a horse and his food.

"My story? I have a lot of them. I can tell you any version you'd like to hear about my personal story. Tragedy, Comedy, perhaps an action story would suit you best?" It wasn't that he didn't tell the truth, it was just that often times the truth was boring. And boring was an unkind torture that he hated to go through if he didn't have to.
Cerus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 12th, 2010, 5:11 am

"He was fed before we came into town. I don't want him getting fat."

He reached out to scratch affectionately behind Horse's ears, smiling at the whickering sound he made.

"Tell me the comedic version; life is too full of tragedy already."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cerus on May 12th, 2010, 5:32 am

"The comedic version it is then." He turned to walk backwards for a few paces looking at the horse. He supposed that he didn't really know how to tell if the horse was in the correct proportions. All the southern breeds were foreign to him.

"He looks fine to me. But I only can say about my own horse." Who was his only real confidant, since the horse couldn't speak.

"Anyhow, the comedic version starts when I was eighteen. I happened to meet a six armed juggler who wasn't a Eypharian named San'eath. I lost a bet that involved three snakes and a pair of dice one night when I'd had far too many drinks that led to me having to work for him. You know, you're going to owe me your own story if I finish this." Out came the coin again as he ran it between his knuckles.
Cerus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 12th, 2010, 5:45 am

"I've heard of three-legged men, but not six-armed ones... who weren't Eypharian." He grinned and kept pace, hurrying just a little in hopes that Cerus might fall on his arse for comic effect. It was then that he realized why he liked this man despite their rocky history: he reminded him of his older brother.

Sam looked away, ostensibly to ogle a woman walking by, but also just in case any of the sudden sadness he felt might be showing on his face. He hiked the smile back on his face before turning back to Cerus.

"Yeah, yeah. Just keep talking. My story's not really that entertaining."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cerus on May 12th, 2010, 6:30 am

"I don't really know what he was exactly. He changed his story every day. Anyhow. So there I was, picking up after him, and helping keep his props in order when he would practice or perform. Anyhow. We met up with a troop that he knew from something or other and a friend of his had a bit where he would pull someone from the audience and make them do amazing things."

The coin went back into the pocket and he turned around to stop and look around. "Here?" He said pointing to the stall. "It smells good to me."
Cerus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm

There seemed to be holes in the story, but he would ask questions later, maybe. His stomach started growling, but his eyes were still busy. When the coin disappeared and Cerus looked away, Sam moved closer as if to look at the stall in question. He did look, in fact, and his stomach rumbled even louder that the first time, and he rubbed it ruefully while his other hand made a go for the coin while Cerus was otherwise occupied.

"Looks good to me," he said, "and my stomach seems to agree."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cerus on May 14th, 2010, 2:13 am

"Put it back." He was hit or miss with his order. He only assumed that Sam leaning forward near him meant he was attempting to take the coin.

"I think we'll stop here though. I'll go get the food and you can settle Horse into whatever situation works best. Maybe a lean-to. Something fun like that. There are no good places to sit." He didn't really bring Roxx into the middle of the city unless he had to. It was too much of a hassle for him, and the horse didn't seem to like being penned in.

"If you take it too early we won't have a nice conversation." He added almost absently before going to step up the few feet to the booth.
Cerus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 14th, 2010, 5:05 pm

"You just want me to put my hand in your pants again," he complained, but held out the coin with a sigh. He wondered now if he would be able to pull it off. When last he succeeded, Cerus hadn't been expecting it and even then he had realized rather quickly what had been done. Now he was expecting it, so unless he got really distracted, Sam was shyke out of luck. Though perhaps even after the coin had been spent, there might be time to locate other coins on his person.

"I usually make camp outside, but unless it's well hidden I don't leave it up when I come into town. We can go anywhere, or just lean up against Horse and talk. Whatever you want."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext