Syliras Location-Bizaar [Cerus and Sam]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Cerus on April 19th, 2010, 9:43 pm

[To be dated by Sam's player. Spring, obviously.]

Today was a new and different day for Cerus. He was preparing a new act for the very first time. He felt the rush of excitement when the small crowd gathered or paused between booths. He gave no announcement that he would be beginning as he placed the small box on the ground in front of him. Stepping up onto it was easy enough, it was the balance that was hard. The box was only large enough for one foot, if that and it did not appear to be all that sturdy.

With a bit of a show he began taking out the knives in his vest and when he reached the four he stopped to begin juggling. It was meant to look easy, so he smiled. Even with the beads of sweat building on his temples he kept smiling, occasionally making eye contact with those in the crowd.

If anyone was impressed they had yet to show it. But, he supposed that if they showed it by filling his pockets it would all be worth it.
Cerus
Player

Words: 15576
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2010, 9:14 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 23rd, 2010, 6:42 am

54th Spring, 510 A.V.

After selling the Irilchapei' he had harvested at the Sukina Geysers with Weyliss a few days previous, he had some money to his name. He had also cleaned the bluish sap from out of his game bags. Horse was under him and they were exploring the city further, so all was well.

Just when he was considering food, he saw the man he had stolen from only to be stopped and forced to give it back. Horse responded to his unspoken command and halted so that they could watch the show.

Sam had to admit that the man was better with a knife than he was, and so he sent up a prayer to which ever gods were listening to thank them that he hadn't gotten too ambitious when he had his hunting knife to the man's ribs. It probably wouldn't have ended in his favor.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Cerus on April 27th, 2010, 3:00 am

Cerus had a long way to go before he was an expert. When he accidentally dropped a knife he quickly recovered by throwing the others into a loose grouping around it. It had not gone well for him on his first run, but better than expected. The experiment was over and he turned back to a tried and true act; tumbling.

He had memorized a simple act, and it translated more to a dance with how fluid he rolled and then stopped to balance on a hand. It was meant to illicit laughs as he pretended to fight an invisible foe.

And then the two part show was over, and he bowed to signal that.
Cerus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 27th, 2010, 6:00 am

Sam clapped politely while Horse looked bored. He knew a thing or two about knives, but now he wanted to go practice tricks somewhere, however, he saw that ending badly and with lots of shed blood, so he figured perhaps he would just have to practice with smaller arms in general soon.

But for now he was clapping, and less concerned that previously that the man could pose him any danger. Now he had Horse, his scimitar, and more confidence.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cerus on April 28th, 2010, 2:50 am

Cerus finished bowing and stood up to wave at the few smiling people before he started collecting the coins that had been thrown his way. He was sticking them in his pockets, sort of working the crowd over.

He came upon the horse first, admiring it before he looked at the owner. "Oh. Hello there." he said to Sam, unaware of what the proper protocol is on greeting ones attempted mugger.
Cerus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 28th, 2010, 3:38 am

Sam, had he heard Cerus' internal monologue, would have informed him that he was decidedly not a mugger. Occasional pickpocket, perhaps, but he had never held someone up for their money. So he had pillaged the bodies of the mercenaries who had chased him beyond Sunberth, but they were already dead and it only seemed prudent to save up for the great, wide, unknown future at the time. Also, he most likely had a concussion that day...

But he didn't hear the internal monologue, so he just flashed a smile. Not exactly sly, but amused at their interesting history.

"Nice cover," he said.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cerus on April 30th, 2010, 12:52 am

"Nice cover?" He smiled a bit and then nodded. "Yes, I suppose it was. I hoped it wasn't that obvious, but it's new to the act. Harder to juggle knives than one thinks. I'm hoping to put targets to throw at in soon. Possible add some fire. Fire is always a large attractor." And then he realized he was prattling on again.

"If you care." He cleared his throat. "Nice horse."
Cerus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on April 30th, 2010, 8:04 am

"Well, I couldn't juggle knives," he offered in order to patch up the man's pride. And he patted Horse's neck. "Thanks. He's kind of awesome, Horse."

Finally, because he wasn't sure what else to do in this awkward situation, he slipped down out of his saddle and put out his hand.

"I'm Sam. I can't remember if we exchanged pleasantries and names last time we met."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cerus on May 3rd, 2010, 6:59 am

"Oh, I think once you exchange pleasantries the way we first did that we're beyond white lies. The truth is better than a lie, any day." Although, to Cerus it depended on what truth he was telling that particular day. He never said he practiced what he preached. He was more of a do what I say, not what I do man truth be told.

"I'm Cerus." He pushed up his sleeves out of habit before he shook Sam's hand. "Nice to meet you properly. Although that was the highlight of that particular day. Hm." Maybe this was fate, again turning towards him. It was always hard to tell until there was distance in the situation.

"Did you like it otherwise?"
Cerus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on May 3rd, 2010, 7:37 am

"I'm not lying," he asserted with all due sincerity. But upon shaking hands, he nodded. "And I think the act showed potential, kid." Grinning, he continued, "You've got the idea of it down. You just have to get used to the knives and all... like breaking a new horse. Anyway, I hope there are no hard feelings..." He shrugged. "It was nothing personal. Just trying to keep in practice in case I run in on hard times again. Obviously you will be raking in the mizas once you have your act perfected." He grinned, and it was difficult to tell whether he was entirely sincere or just a good actor.
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next