Neighbors (Satevis)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Neighbors (Satevis)

Postby Wrenmae on June 10th, 2012, 10:57 pm

"Reimancy," Wrenmae said quietly, remembering Sable, "Who initiated you...and why?" It was a question only understood by reimancers. The process was personal, almost intimate. At once agonizing like torture and sensuous like sex. The Res, the raw Djed of another mage infiltrated open wounds like wondering worms and burrowed through the soul of their intended. Wrenmae hadn't seen Sable in some time now, but he doubted there would be much trouble starting up conversation again when they met. A master to a student was a bond rarely breached, rarely broken, rarely fractured. Unlike Morphing or Hypnotism, a magic focused on self discovery and alteration, a reimancer was nothing without their teacher.

Who was the first reimancer then? Who began it all?

Was Satevis' reimancy a punishment or a gift?

It could be both.

"I have no past lives to draw on," Wrenmae lied, remembering the woman that awoke memories within himself. Whose were they? Who was he? So many minds all tossing and turning within his own psyche. Who was he to say what they were, who he was.

No, he'd lost that right a long time ago. He was Wrenmae now. But he may not be tomorrow. "Just myself, I guess. My father taught me Malediction, and only hesitantly at that. I was...a sickly child and he didn't want me to hurt myself. My brother was better at it, strong, proud..." he trailed off.

He remembered his brother, coughing above their sister's dying body. He remembered the curl of cigar smoke, that fair-faced God nodding in approval.

Walking away.

Wrenmae cleared his throat, thrusting the memories away from him with as much force as he could muster, anything to abate that painful journey back. Anything. "So you've been here awhile then, right? Do you have any other friends that might be taking similar practices? Erm, I mean, I'm pretty new and have yet to really get my feet under me. I don't mean to be strange or anything, but I'd like to meet your friends if you wouldn't mind introducing me...I mean," he paused, resisting the urge to backpeddle, "If that's ok, is what I was trying to say."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Neighbors (Satevis)

Postby Arcane on August 31st, 2012, 5:10 am

Rewards and Treasure!

Experience Points
+1 Voiding
+1 Familiary

Lores
Satevis the Student of Magic
Satevis the Classmate
Ethaefal's Racial Ability: Aging a Day
Satevis' Magical Arsenal
Zan's Unusual Brashness

Miscellaneous
n/a

Comments
Grading: This is for Wrenmae only, as Satevis is deemed to be inactive.

Wrenmae, I am afraid that I cannot award more XP, since most of this is socialization. I have tried to award as many lores as I can though, to reflect what Wren learned out of this. I love the interaction between Wren and his familiar :)

Although, I feel that Wren's use of voiding seem like an afterthought, like a "I'll just spam voiding as many times as I can in each thread to build it up". Perhaps, it could be the PC's personality that caused him to think in that way and therefore do it this way, but it's just a personal thought that it felt shoehorned. It's just a personal thing though, so don't worry too much about it. I felt that communication and transparency is important, which is why I mentioned this.

Arcane
Magic & Mechanics

Words: 117525
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Previous