Stubborn Wolf Meets Stubborn Wolf (Kaniel)

Sashi refuses to eat another bite of human food, and forces Kaniel to go hunting with her.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Sashi on May 29th, 2012, 9:21 pm

Stubborn Wolf

Meets

Stubborn Wolf

Timestamp: 20th of Spring, 512 AV

Life in the city was getting to be a bit too hectic. With the strange storm ten days ago, Avanthal had not been a happy place to live. Everything was melting all around them, and food was becoming scarce for the two kelvics. It was already bad enough, considering neither of them had jobs, and couldn't come up with the mizas the humans all seemed to cherish so much in order to buy their food. But after the storm, and everything started melting, it was next to impossible to buy or beg for food. And it really just didn't suit Sashi to be served meat on a plate in some building, or beg on the streets. She was a wolf, not some dog. She didn't know how Kaniel could stand it.

They were about to enter such a building when Sashi stamped her foot and stopped in her place, drawing Kaniel's annoyed gaze. The pair didn't get on the best with each other, but neither seemed to have the heart to part with the other either. And though Sashi would never admit it to his face, she kind of enjoyed Kaniel's company. That and without him she would have been lost in the city. There were so many things she didn't understand about human life, and Kaniel had to explain them to her often.

She was wearing a heavy fur cloak that Kaniel had managed to procure for her, which she had wrapped loosely around her body, and a pair of winter boots. She hated wearing the things, and usually refused to wear anything but the cloak and shoes, and only when it was cold enough. Unfortunately her human body just wasn't suited to the cold weather of Avanthal, and the fur at least felt sort of natural, but the rest of the clothes were just plain horrible. She only wore the shoes to save her toes from frostbite.

Sashi stood there, fur cloak bundled around her, a clear pout on her face. "No," she stated when he finally looked her in the eye. "No! I refuse to go in there again. I wont eat it it, I wont! I wont eat off a tray like some dog!"
Sashi
Alpha Female

Words: 16986
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2011, 12:07 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kaniel on May 31st, 2012, 5:19 pm

"You're going to go in there, and you're going to like it." The snarl of exasperation that pulled Kaniels lips back was far more wolf than human. Kaniel had found a few gold coins he had stored away in Rhonda's house, and food was the first thought that crossed his mind.

"I haven't eaten for days, Sashi." When the woman continued to dig her heels into the ground, stubborn as always, Kaniel was forced to take his hand off the door and step back down to where she pouted. Luckily for the man, his entire life had been spent protecting and caring for various women. While none had ever been as stubborn as this one, he still knew how to with them when they did that strange lip thing. "I know you are just as hungry as I am. Won't it feel good to get something hot in the stomach?"

Holding out his hand, a ridiculously human gesture that he knew would make her cringe, Kaniel lifted both eyebrows and let his mouth drop open in a canine-ified version of a grin.
Kaniel
Player

Words: 11793
Joined roleplay: October 2nd, 2011, 5:58 am
Character sheet

Postby Sashi on June 27th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Sashi batted away the hand offered to her, shaking her head and stamping her foot again. "No," she proclaimed stubbornly once again, "I will not go in there. It will not feel good in my belly. It has no flavor, and it burns my tongue!"

Kaniel could argue all he wanted, but the look in her eyes told him she wasn't budging. She had complained about eating human food before, but it was never this bad. It wasn't like Sashi wasn't hungry, she had not eaten in days either, but the wolf seemed adamant about not entering the building.

"Besides," Sashi said, closing her eyes and pointing her nose skyward. Her nostrils flared and a smile spread on her lips. Her voice took on an almost dreamy tone to it, "I smell prey outside the city."

The dreamy tone to her voice was gone as quickly as it came. Her head snapped back and her eyes opened, giving Kaniel an icy glare. "We are not going in there. We are going to hunt! Or have you forgotten how, dog?"

The word, though meant to insult, was said with a mix of playfulness to it. When she first met him, the word was purely contemptuous, but now she did it just to piss him off. It was the nickname she gave to him, because he hated it so much, and no matter his arguments she wouldn't stop. Honestly, she didn't know how he put up with her.
Sashi
Alpha Female

Words: 16986
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2011, 12:07 am
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes