[Flashback]Within the Trees (Creeper)

Evalin finds herself within the trees of the Spires, her purpose for being there not entirely certain.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Evalin on June 2nd, 2012, 7:31 pm

40th Summer, 465 AV

Syna's light flourished within this place, piercing the thick canopy of the towering trees. The rustle of brush and foliage followed after the figure as it made its way through tangled vines and leaves, staff held aloft to push aside what obstacles it could.

More than even what I have known before, now I truly understand hideous torture... Evalin pondered to her own consciousness, If there be a place of any note within this misery, then so should it show itself to me at last... Even I who have naught but time grow weary of this continued scenery...

As it was, the woman had seen seven rising and falling of the sun, and yet even so not a trace of any form of civilization had graced her vision, Be it but a legend then? If so I must be certain to return the favor to my dear friend of old...

Yet, despite all ill miss givings and frustrations, onward did she press, for never would she obtain that which she sought by staying stagnant in time. The press of the surrounding plants had begun to grow troublesome for the cloaked woman as she moved, the ends of the cloth snagging on loose ends and edges of the greenery, however, she could not remove this dressing for fear of exposing her decaying flesh to the harshness that the Spires were know for.

"No," she mumbled, "Better to bear with the nuisance of walking restrained than to give myself up to the beasts of this place that would take from the this body which I have admired so."

Shaking her head, Evalin peered upward to the thick canopy above, "Not even the skies are of use in navigation here then? Then perhaps I have undertaken an impossible task..." A small smile lit her lips as she returned her gaze forward, "But then, what be the joy of conquering a possible task...?"

As she walked she left a clear trail to show her path through the growth, and even now the sun's light was beginning to fade as Syna made to exchange places with Leth. Of this, however, Evalin paid little mind, for what consequence was it to notice the passage of day to night any longer? She would rest soon enough, but for now she would continue on...
Last edited by Evalin on August 24th, 2012, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cinna on July 7th, 2012, 11:07 pm

Groth and a group of the Hahk'Shatara had been watching their latest visitor intently as she passed through the boundaries of their lands, ever pressing onwards towards their treetop city. He had been alerted earlier that day by Torkatch when they made their routine exchange, mentioning something about seeing a unarmed figure heading steadily towards the Spires. Groth took the information with a grain of salt, knowing that if the poacher had seen something then he most likely had, but no details were given as to who it was. So they had all gone to investigate, keeping an eye on the figure who was obviously human. The race was not distinguishable because of the concealing robes, and it did not seemed to be armed save the staff that if was carried. However something did not sit right with Groth and the other members of the group.

One relatively small figure was trekking through their forest seemingly lightly armed and alone, and Groth wanted to know why. Their forest home was a dangerous place, filled with terrors and animals that could have easily taken out this small figure, so why was it traveling alone? He could not figure it out and none of his other group members reported seeing anyone close by that could have possibly been with the shrouded figure. So they had continued through the treetops silently, always observing the figure for some sign. They continued to do this throughout the day, and eventually the light began to fade....that's when Groth decided that he had had enough.

Signalling to his companions, he silently relayed what he intended to do, motioning for them to follow his lead. Moving quickly through the treetops, the group surpassed the figure and moved into position, readying themselves to drop down in front of the figure in a surprise movement, some of the group members staying behind so it could not escape. Groth waited until the right moment before he dropped down in front of it, landing with a thud and standing up quickly to look down at the figure, the other group members doing the same. "You are either ignorant or incredibly foolish to travel in these woods alone, and then again, perhaps you are both,"said Groth, looking down at the figure with a cold expression, the other Jamoura dropping down behind the figure. "What business have you." It was not a question.
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Evalin on July 12th, 2012, 6:50 am

Retched leaf and vine... Be damned all forests and jungles to a fiery demise, for I have grown so very weary of trekking yet getting no where.

Evalin sighed once more, pushing aside another stray branch as she pressed forward into the thickening brush, Am I to spend a decade traversing this place, lost in the twisted limbs and branches? She shook her head, growling deep in her throat, "No... This world shall be engulfed in flames before I allow such to delay me..."

A rustle, a ruckus, a sudden change in the world caused the woman to pause, and perhaps just in time as well. A large, hair shape landed with a THUD before her. The earth trembled from the weight that landed upon it, and Evalin was forced a step back, grasping her staff for support. Similar thuds echoed around her, and in the shortest of moments the nuit found herself surrounded by...

What great wonders and annoyance... Am I now to be claimed by the furied cries of these beasts? However, Evalin was taken slightly aback when the creature before her spoke. For a chime Evalin did not speak, her eyes roaming up and down the large and powerful figure before her. In truth she had never seen a jamoura before this time, and now given such an opportunity she could not help but be taken aback by their shear size, Such creatures have I never seen before... Such power, such size... Evalin smiled under her hood, her hand grasping her staff a bit tighter, To think that such things could exist in this world of ours... perhaps there is a chance for gain yet...?

Clearing her throat, Evalin gazed out from the darkness of her hood, her cold and lifeless eyes seeking out those of Groth, "Be you of great standing then? Here I find myself walking about aimlessly while the light of day comes and goes some countless number of time, and yet now you so choose to present yourself?" Evalin paused, shaking her head, "But what strange questions you would ask when, even now, you must have realized the answer? Surely you know of only one reason one would traverse this desolate place?"

A ghoulish grin crosed her features, only just hidden by the shadows of the hood, "I seek the place that is hidden in this forest. That place where the keepers of knowledge hold that which I seek..."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cinna on July 17th, 2012, 11:47 pm

From the sound of her voice, Groth could tell that she was a woman, although the voice....wasn't quite right. It had a rasp to it that did not suit the small creature in front of him and the woman's eyes set Groth on edge. Why it did so he wasn't quite sure, but he could tell from the sound of shuffling feet behind him the the others were unsettled as well. Best keep an eye on this one.

"Who I am is of no concern to you, but you may call me Groth. Indeed it is as you say, I know why you are traveling in this direction....but alone in a forest such as this makes me wonder,"the large Jamoura said, studying the small woman in front of him intently, still slightly unsettled by her eyes. "Perhaps you seek the treetop city, for good or ill I do not know. Only Caiyha will know the answer." Groth stood up straighter and brought the rest of his group to attention, snapping them out of their unease.

"You are headed the right way, the Winding Way will be visible in a few hours for you. If you make it to the staircase you are deemed worthy by Caiyha and thus by us to enter our city. If you do not survive the way....well that is Caiyha's will,"Groth said, looking down at the woman in front of him coldly. He would not continue to waste his time watching the woman. She did not seem to be a particular threat, nor did she seem to have any other companions. If Caiyha wished for her to come to the city then Groth would not argue with her will. "I wish you luck traveler, and we shall see you at the gates." And with that he and the rest of his company shot back up into the trees and were gone, heading back to their home to keep on the lookout for the strange woman.
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Evalin on July 27th, 2012, 12:24 am

Such words of power from one so large... Truly a wonder in this world be these creatures. I must learn more of then when I reach the end of this journey. Evalin looked over Groth for a moment longer, her hands gripping her staff as she lazily noticed they way his men shifted around her. A small smile touched her lips, Yet even so, the chill of immortality unsettles those who live among the light. So it seems even these great beast yet fear what they yet to understand.

It spoke once more, this creature of size and knowledge, and listen well Eva did, though her face twisted in a frown as she heard mention of Caiyah so often in one breath. Be it so that even beasts worship the gods as if they would save them from every terror this world holds. Well, let them be as they may, for be it goddess or no I shall obtain what I seek.

She waited until the Jamoura were well into the trees before she spoke soft words filled with venom, "The Gods and Godesses of this world feel they can define what I may and may not do... Well let them sit upon their pedestals while they can, for soon my other shall see to their demise... Just as I shall see to the fall of Fate himself."

She chuckled and shook her head, turning to continue on in the way that Groth had showed her, pushing aside leaf and foliage as she forged on, "All things in this world that defy me, burn to ash before my power... For I am Evalin, the darkness between the starts themselves..."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes