(Flashback) Only one drink. Maybe two? (Tock - Marcus)

Tock and Syrah get together after the wine exchange and go have some fun at the Tavern.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Syrah Steele on June 3rd, 2012, 5:39 pm

TimeStamp: Spring Day 42, 511

Syrah had been here a few times before but mostly preferred the free wine at her house over the cheap, over expense wine here. But it was good when you were willing to pay for it. Syrah, Tock in arm, walked over and sat at the bar. Looking around she saw the place was not crowded but not empty either, a few people strewn here and there. If it was winter and not so warm inside the tavern she would have sat at a place near the fire but she decided the bar was better. The counter in front of her was dimly lit by a lantern and she squinted a bit before she relaxed in her bar stool.

"So, you want some beer then? I am going to get a glass of wine. Unless, do you want wine to? We could split a bottle." Syrah asked hopefully, she wanted wine, a bottle of it! But she didn't want to spend the 10 mizas herself, she would rather like to pay 5 while Tock payed 5 as well. But most bar goers likes the ale better. Syrah, personally thought ale was a terrible flavored drink that she should never ingest. Wine was so much better. So much more natural as well.

She nodded at the bartender giving them the signal they need more time before ordering. He slumped away to another part of the bar. Maybe Syrah could get a lunch too? She was a bit hungry.
Last edited by Syrah Steele on June 4th, 2012, 4:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele
My heart is cold but, so is the wine.

Words: 105282
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 2:09 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Only one drink. Maybe two? (Tock - Open)

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on June 3rd, 2012, 6:21 pm

"Nah, nah, nah, Sook, ya got 'er all wrong," Tock said, sitting next to the girl but turning with her back to the bar so she could look out over the room. "Yer a cute lass, aye? Ya gotta flash a lil smile, get some bloke's attention, then 'e buys ya a drink, aye?" Tock shook her head at the girl. It was like she'd never been in a bar before.

The perky redhead scanned the room, meeting a few eyes and flashing a friendly smile here and there. Tock wasn't all hung up on looks and she didn't exactly dress very girly, but she was still cute and she knew it. She also knew how girls in Sunberth got men to do anything they wanted, just by flashing a little something here and jiggling a little something there.

Of course, she also knew that lots of those girls paid for their meals in their backs, and Tock wasn't THAT kind of girl!

"Whatcha think, Sook?" she asked Syrah. "Anybody catch yer eye? C'mon, flash 'at dimple 'round the room an' see whatcha can reel in, aye?" Syrah definitely seemed more like a pretty, girly girl than Tock was. But Tock was getting the vibe that maybe the girl wasn't much experienced in using her feminine charms.

OOCAny boys in Syliras wanna join us? Flashback in 511 AV, come join the fun! Flirt! Drink! Try to pick up the two cute girls!
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

(Flashback) Only one drink. Maybe two? (Tock - Open)

Postby Marcus Braeden on June 4th, 2012, 3:40 am

What the hell was Marcus doing here in the middle of the day? Such a place was meant for the evenings, where he could wind down after a days labor. But frankly he really he had nothing better to do. He had stopped by the Ironworks, just to see if there was anything to do there, but the one day Marcus was bored out of his mind, they did not need his labor. So, he wandered about Syliras for awhile, before finally coming to the door of the Rearing Stallion, Syliras' local tavern. Even after a season living in the forest with a bunch of insane rogues, he quickly adapted back to city life, and now found the city average at best. But the Rearing Stallion, that was always someplace to go if one needed something to do, or drink away whatever problems may be ailing them. Maybe Marcus would simply drink to his hearts content, or maybe he would have another go at chatting up the barmaid, although that never worked in the past. But it was something do, which was better than nothing.

Marcus walked through the entrance, leaving the bright spring day behind him. The room was dim, only lit by various candles placed at each table, and at the bar. Marcus frowned as he looked towards the hearth, which was not even lit. It was just depressing to be at the tavern during the day, as it felt empty, despite the decent number of people there. Evenings in the tavern were always full of joy and cheer, citizens trying to unwind and have a good time. Wow, I haven't even had a drink yet and I already hate myself" Marcus thought to himself as he looked for some sort of entertainment.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Words: 138816
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2010, 6:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syrah Steele on June 5th, 2012, 12:24 am

Syrah knew she was stunning, but she didn't outright flirt. She never had a boyfriend because she didn't want one so she didn't flirt at all. Even though guys flirted with her, she normally scared them off with a glare. But if thats what saved her some money she guessed she could try it out. She gave Tock a worried look but turned her back to the bar and looked around the tavern.

The men were mostly drunken fat men off work and she certainly didn't want to talk to them. There were a few nice looking men who she smiled at. Some smiled back but didn't approach. She sighed and wondered if she could just order a glass, Tock could get her own guy. She looked over at Tock. "I don't think this is my game Tock..." Syrah was used to talking to Waheed or working in the vineyards and winery and shop. Yeah, she came to the bar sometimes but not enough and she certainly didn't flirt when she was there. She paid her own, no discounts, no freebies.

She looked back at the bar and sighed again. Then the front doors opened and a man came in. Syrah smiled, a genuine smile. he was good looking, muscular, nice hair and face. He looked just fine. Syrah liked the muscled men, they worked hard. She nudged Tock, "Hey, what about the bloke that just walked in? He is good lookin'" She exclaimed and smiled back at the man. Maybe he would come and buy them some drinks? Or maybe say hi?
"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on June 5th, 2012, 2:27 am

Tock looked over at the boy who had caught Syrah's attention. He didn't much look like Tock's type... a little too stiff in the spine for her. She preferred a more carefree, relaxed guy who didn't take himself so seriously. Someone who would let loose and not be worried about what was right and proper.

But he also looked like maybe he had some coin to throw around. And that's all she wanted right now.

She glanced at Syrah, who seemed a little more... keen on the boy. That was fine. But Syrah seemed a little too shy to get the ball rolling. Tock smirked and leaned in close to whisper in Syrah's ear, "Don't worry, Sook. I's get 'im fer ya..."

She got up and sauntered over to Marcus, and stepped right up next to him and slipped an arm around his shoulder. "'Owzer, mate," she said softly into his ear, speaking low enough that Syrah wouldn't be able to hear her from across the room. "Ya see my cute friend over 'ere?" she asked, nodding towards Syrah. "Done can't keep 'er eyes off ya since ya walked in, aye? What say ya come on over an' buy us girls some drinks, an' I'll introduce ya. She's a real sweet'eart, she is. Told me she thinks yer real good lookin'..." She tugged on his arm to lead him over to Syrah to make introductions
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Marcus Braeden on June 10th, 2012, 2:42 am

It certainly did not take too long before something interesting happened. As he glanced around he was approached by a red haired girl. Before Marcus could even say hi, the girl put her arm over his shoulder and began talking in an accent Marcus had not heard before. Owzer? Ok ok, just roll with it... Marcus thought to himself. The next thing Marcus knew, the stranger began talking about her "cute friend" who apparently fancied Marcus, or whatever money Marcus had, considering the red haired girl had suggested drinks, on Marcus of course. Yet, regardless, Marcus figured it could be fun. The flirting game wasn't something he was really familiar with though. It just wasn't on his priority list, unlike other things.

"Hi, I'm Marcus by the way!" Marcus said slightly sarcastically as soon as the girl was finished with her pitch. Marcus looked over at the "cute friend" described by the red haired girl. "Alright, I suppose she is pretty cute." The girl gave Marcus a smile, which apparently won Marcus over. "Ahhh petch it, sure i'll come over. What could possibly go wrong?" He found himself being pulled by the sleeve over to where they had been sitting, and suddenly Marcus had a feeling that his coin purse was going to be upset with him by the end of the day.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syrah Steele on June 15th, 2012, 2:14 am

Syrah almost died when Tock went up to the man, slung her arm over his shoulder and started sweet talking to him. Both the man and Tock kept glancing over at her and she blushed, knowing they where talking about her. What they were saying Syrah didn't know. She just hoped that Tock was inviting him over, not saying anything about what she told her earlier. She rolled her eyes at herself, she was acting like a child! She was twenty for gods sake, stop acting like a teenager with a silly crush!

maybe she was acting like this because she didn't do this when she was a teenager, her instincts coming a bit late? That was probable. But soon enough Tock was pulling the man over to them and Syrah blushed deeper. Tock was too out there, she needed to relax, let life slow down, thought Syrah and she recalled how fast she got up and herded that boy over. Of course Tock would probably say the exact opposite to her...

When the man approached the bar Syrah got confused. Tock hadn't instructed her farther than this. What was she supposed to do now? She shot a worried look at Tock over the guys shoulder, questioning her mentally as to what she should do now.

So instead she smiled as the man approached and held her delicate hand out to him. "Hi, I'm Syrah Steele. And you are?" She asked in the most charming voice she could manage.
Syrah Steele

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on June 15th, 2012, 4:34 am

Tock steered the man right into the stool next to Syrah's, and turned him to face her. ""Sook, Marcus. Marcus, Sook," she said to introduce them. "Sook 'ere's done owns 'is wine shop onna other side o' town." She gave Syrah a look to encourage her not to correct her on the lie. She then planted herself in the seat on Marcus's other side, so he was flanked by the two girls. It would help keep the ladies in control of the situation by keeping the young lad off balance between them. It was the way Tock had always seen the 'professional' girls back in Sunberth do it.

"Go on Sook, tell 'im all 'bout yer business," she said, winking at Syrah. "She done runs a real fine shop, she does. Best in the city. All the 'igh rankin' Knights an' Wizards done shops 'ere. I just picked up a mighty fine shipment from 'er today, fer me Bossman. Though she's a mighty fine 'aggler, 'is one is," she gave Syrah another wink. "Done knows 'er business, didn't cotton ta takin' no guff from me, didja, Sook?"

She waved the bartender over and said, "Oy, round o' drinks, on our friend 'ere," she patted Marcus on the shoulder. "Mighty kind o' ya ta offer, fine gentleman ya is, fine gentleman indeed." She flashed him a smile, hoping that she could keep him off balance long enough that he wouldn't realize he'd never actually offered to buy the drinks. And before he got the chance to protest she kept the conversation moving so he wouldn't get the chance to say no.

"So's, what's yous, a Knight?" she asked him, looking him up and down appreciatively. She gave him a coy smile, as if what she saw was exactly what a girl like her went for (though in truth, he was pretty much the exact opposite of her type, but he didn't need to know that). "Sure ya is. Gotta be, strappin' lad like ya. Ya done gots some war stories o' somethin' fer us? Come on, tell us all 'bout yer Knightly exploits. We's all ears..." With any luck, the rapid shifts in conversation would have him quite flustered. If Tock were a different sort of girl, she might just decide to take advantage of that. Though she didn't have any interest in manipulating or robbing the poor boy. She just wanted some free drinks out of him.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Marcus Braeden on June 22nd, 2012, 11:06 pm

Marcus smiled back at the girl who accompanied the rambunctious won dragging him around. She had introduced herself as Syrah, Syrah Steele, although the other girl called her Sook. Some sort of pet name perhaps? Steele huh? Like the metal! I'm Marcus, Marcus Braeden" he said. The red haired girl went on to explain the line of Syrah's work, as she sat down on the other side of him. "I see you just caged me in" Marcus chuckled, "Now I wont be able to escape eh?" he joked. "So, the wine business huh? I am more of an ale sort of guy myself, but I won't hold it against you."

Before he had a chance to continue, the red haired girl interrupted, and it was this that his coin purse had feared. She had just gone off and ordered a round of drinks, which is not a bad thing in itself, but she naturally felt the need to declare that Marcus would be paying for it. Weaponsmithing payed decently enough, but he still had no desire of buying booze for everyone he ran across. Plus it was still midday. Who in their right mind drinks in the middle of the day!?

But once again, the red haired girl once again beat him to the punch, directing the conversation down a completely different path. Next thing Marcus knew, the two girls thought he was a knight. Really? A knight? No sword, no armor, must be a knight. Women logic Marcus thought to himself. Now he could either go along with it and masquerade as a knight, all in the name of seduction, or he could not risk getting into trouble and say it as it is.

Marcus laughed, having gone with the latter, " No no, not a knight. I suppose I sometimes have dealings with them though, having made a weapon... or dozens of them for the order. I'm a weaponsmith at the Ironworks. Although I suppose I know my way around a sword. I hardly have any exploits, except one time I hit my thumb with my hammer. That was stretching the truth, as his only experience with sword play comes from sparring with his brother in Ravok in his youth. He had no real formal training. Plus he did have one 'adventure' but it was a depressing story involving Marcus getting his ass kicked over the course of a winter, and he had no desire to bring that whole thing up.
Marcus Braeden
Chasing the Dream

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syrah Steele on July 9th, 2012, 11:13 pm

Syrah wasn't sure if she should go along with Tocks lie. Sure, she knew a whole bunch about her fathers business and she worked in it a lot. But she was no owner. She was just another employee. A special one, but still... Plus she did kinda want to impress the man, he did seem like a knight, she liked those men.

She smiled that the man had joined them, but soon, quite soon, he said something to irritate her. Her name was not a metal, sure it had a metal in it, but she was no dull metal. People always when they heard her name thought of Steel, when they should be thinking of grapes when they hear her name. Sure Steele had steel in it, but Syrah was a kind of grape. No one seemed to know that. It bothered her. Syrah was purple and green, not grey. So, like she always did, she had to set him straight.

She cleared her throat a bit, "Well I guess Steele has steel in it, but my name is nothing like a boring metal. My name is big and I am proud of it." She was proud, her father had built a great empire and she was proud of the fact she had the honor to be under the kings wing.

Syrah ignored him next comment. Tock had sorta caged him in, but she figured that was her point. She was good at this and Syrah didn't want to interfere to much. She lost her train of thought when Marcus asked her about her 'business'. And then he said another thing that irritated her. She did have to admit that most people preferred beer over wine. Mostly only the wealthy could afford wine, but she like wine better, thought beer was bitter and almost tasteless.

"Um...I own a few vineyards, a few partners and I, outside the city and I rent a small shop inside the walls. It's pretty big, but nothing like other vineyards around the world. We have just good-enough climate, it could be better."

It was partly true, she didn't own it now, but her father always said she would inherit it. And, well, the weather could be better...

She slumped in her chair a bit when she heard he wasn't a knight, at least he was honest. He could have easily lied like she did. And working at the ironworks did make some muscle as that was clear on him arms. Plus swords were always cool, even making them.

"Well, you make the swords right? Don't you have to test them first? I'm sure you've used a sword before. Maybe you're not a master, but I bet you have some skill." She prodded, there was no way a man who man the swords didn't play with them.
Syrah Steele

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next