Location [Location] The Silver Sliver Tavern

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Location] The Silver Sliver Tavern

Postby Gillar on August 1st, 2009, 5:49 am

The Silver Sliver Tavern is a small yet popular establishment located in the Nitrozian Plaza. How and where the tavern got its name is unknown as it has been around since as long as anyone can remember. It has been bought and sold many times since its founding though one thing remains the same, the house brew. The Silver Sliver is a an odd concoction with a secret recipe passed from owner to owner and revealed to no other. Cold, tart, highly alcoholic, the Sliver as it is called is most unique in its color; a shiny silver.

Inside the tavern itself, things are pretty common. There are several tables arranged around the common room with a large bar along the back wall. There is a small stage for local entertainment and there are patrons at nearly every part of the day. Outside the tavern, one can sit at one of a handful of small tables arranged as to allow a beautiful view of the nearby canal. Barmaids are always weaving through the inside and outside of the tavern, taking and delivering orders.

Food and Drinks Available
Ale, Mug -- 4 cm
Bread, per loaf -- 2 cm
Meal, Common -- 5 sm
Meal, Good -- 2 gm
Meal, Poor -- 2 sm
Meat, chunk of -- 3 sm
Silver Sliver (mug) -- 1 gm
Wine, Common (pitcher) -- 2 sm
Wine, Fine (bottle) -- 10 gm

NPCs

Bartender
Jeb
Bartender
Skills: Bartending 43, Brawling 35, Intimidation 52, Negotiation 28

Jeb has become something of a permanent fixture at the Silver Sliver since he became the bartender there, about twenty years ago. He’d started out as a bouncer, due to his large build and intimidating expression, but it eventually became apparent that his... knack for dealing with customers also made him a decent barender.

His primary concern is the well-being of the bar, though his days of bouncing are well behind him. If someone comes in starting trouble, he’s more likely to wait for it to get sorted out than to intervene himself, since intervening might mean leaving the precious alcohol unguarded. On the rare occasion the entire tavern erupts into a brawl however, he tends to wait it out in the back room, and let the owners take care of demanding repairations from the appropriate parties.

He has an ugly scar on his face, but when anyone asks how he got it, he will make up a different story every time. He also never gives his last name to anyone, saying that Rhysol’s the only one who has a need to know.

Requires Moderation: No

creditsJeb written by Persona
Last edited by Prophet on February 28th, 2017, 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Changing Jeb the NPC's picture
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Re: [Location] The Silver Sliver Tavern

Postby Xenova Prillar on January 26th, 2010, 10:25 am

Xenova had waited until just before the hour most people came in for the evening meal before she arrived at the tavern.She figured this Javent Krillor would come in to have his evening meal here and then she could approach him and try to convince him slavery was a good thing. She herself was convinced it was a good institution, but she had never thought about why. It was just what happened to non humans and those who weren't citizens. It was the best chance those kind had for survival here.

She made her way to a table where she could see most of the room and waited for the barmaid to come and take her order. She summoned up her best and sweetest voice not to mention the proper amount of Mizas as she asked

Tell me dear, does one Javent Krillor come in here often? If he comes in tonight could you please let me know? I have very important business to discuss with him. Oh and don't tell him I'm looking for him either.

She completed her conversation with an order for a common meal and a mug of ale. The she sat back and waited. If Krillor came in today she would approach him and try to see what his views were and how she could twist them.This was something she usually enjoyed, however she doubted herself as she was unsure how she would convince a man who's mind was made up that what he believed was wrong. In fact that he should believe the opposite.
Last edited by Xenova Prillar on January 27th, 2010, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenova Prillar
Player

Words: 21934
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2009, 5:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Gillar on January 27th, 2010, 8:26 am

When one of the barmaids noticed Xenova, she made her way to the table. In response to Xenova's mention of Krillor, the barmaid nodded. Her eyes quickly glanced to another part of the room as she said quietly, "As you wish, milady." The barmaid took the order and left to fill it. In the direction of where she looked, Xenova could see a man of middle-aging sitting at a small table in one corner of the room. He had dark hair streaked with gray and was finely dressed in dark linens. He wasn't especially handsome although his appearance was not that hard on the eyes. Next to him sat a much larger man dressed in dark, lightweight leather armor with a rather imposing looking as well as large sword leaning against the wall; easily within reach if any trouble happened to come his way. The large man had short, spikey blond hair with a horribly scar across his face that looked like it had been made by something with three very large claws. The two men looked to be talking to one-another in low but casual tones.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Xenova Prillar on January 28th, 2010, 4:07 am

Xenova immediately looked in the direction the barmaid glanced figuring that this was the answer to her inquiry. She had not expected her target to already be here and she was taken a bit off guard, the first thing she knew she would have to learn to deal with was unpredictability, this was part of the nature of Rhysol. It also scared her in that she was not sure that even her success would result in a reward. However Rhysol would do as he saw fit.

She regarded the pair at the table with a cool indifference studying them and formulating a plan in her head before approaching them. If the barmaid was indeed signaling, then she supposed that Krillor was the dark haired man in the fine linens. The young man with him was obviously some kind of warrior and had been in battle with something that had left a scar or two. She knew then that she would have to be reasonable and convincing if she wanted to get out of this with an intact hide.

She knew from her own experience that slavery was a good institution as citizenry was a rare thing for people like herself. If she had not been adopted she could only imagine what life would be like on the streets of Ravok. She knew slaves were for the most part treated well and highly prized. Only the most lazy and willful of them had to be *conditioned* which meant broken. However she knew most slavers broke their slaves before selling them and that would be a sore point if Krillor was truly an anti slavery proponent.

She had to consider the cons of Slavery in order to focus on the pros. It was well known that the slaves did not have rights, they were property. Of course in her mind there was nothing wrong with living beings as property, if you paid enough for something, you tended to take care of it. The same applied for slaves. She also knew there was the issue of punishment, again for her there was nothing wrong with harsh punishment, you had to protect your investment. But in all she thought of she could think of no compelling reason to support slavery, for her it was what was natural and right. She would have to find a weakness in Krillor's stance and exploit it.

She received her mug of ale before her meal and finally rose from her table to approach the men. She was dressed in a long red dress that plunged low, but not so low that she would be mistaken for a harlot. Her eyes were lined sparingly in kohl and she looked like a lady out for an evening. Her approach was slow and easy. She got within speaking distance and had been listening to what they were saying to figure out what they were talking about. Her voice was a low pleasing alto as she spoke in even and gracious tones

I beg your pardons kind lords.I was wondering if one of you was Javent Krillor. I have been wishing to speak with this man. Her smile was warm and her hands only held the mug of ale she sipped as she waited for a response
Xenova Prillar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gillar on February 8th, 2010, 5:43 am

The two men paid little attention to Xenova as she casually made her way closer to where they sat. She could hear them talking in low voices about what sounded like business matters of some sort. They were discussing numbers; coin values, trading, etc. When Xenova came closer and spoke, both men ceased their exchange of words and looked up at her from the table. The large man leaned back a bit; his hand slowly moving to rest closer to his sword while the finely dressed man smiled softly and responded, "Hello young lady. I would be Javent Krillor. What is it you wish to speak with me about this fine day?" Javent's posture remained relaxed despite the more defensive pose of the man next to him. The Sliver was not a place known for much violence as many a merchant's guard often frequented the establishment. With so much potential chaos occurring outside of the Tavern, few would tolerate the same inside. For Javent, a pretty girl wishing to speak with him was always worthy of a pleasant response.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Xenova Prillar on February 14th, 2010, 1:10 am

Xenova smiled her best and warmest smile as she got the answer to her question. It turned out that Krillor was easier to find than she had thought, of course that did not mean he would be easy to convince nor speak to about this. His friend was obviously expecting a battle or confrontation as she saw his hand slip to his side. But it did seem she had Krillor's attention and that might be something she could use to her advantage.

She knew she could not in anyway coerce Krillor into believing her, but nothing said she couldn't use her whiles to make him more receptive and less hostile. She took a seat at a nearby table and showed a little bit of leg and a little breast, but not enough to remove the imagination. Her voice was a deep alto to begin with and she made it a little more silky and soft.

Her eyes made a slow contact with Krillor's and she gazed into them as she spoke. He mannerisms indicated nothing more than an interest in the man and what she had to talk to him about. Her long slender fingers caressed the edge of her mug,wiping the condensation from it slowly. Then she spoke.

Milord Krillor, I understand that you are an opponent to slavery. I wish to hear your reasons and to speak on behalf of the institution.

She lifted an open, slender hand and smiled disarmingly

Before this goes any further, I want it known that I am here simply to discuss the matter. I do not wish any confrontation, simply a peaceful conversation over a few drinks.

She patiently waited the man's response as she genuinely wanted to talk. She simply did not say that her intent was to convince the man she was right and that slavery was a wonderful thing and he should support it
Xenova Prillar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gillar on February 19th, 2010, 5:40 am

Krillor raised an eyebrow at Xenova but did not protest her sitting nearby and speaking. It wasn't everyday that someone wished to actually speak with him about his position toward slavery. Usually, those who approached him were more threatening. It was because of this that Krillor requested aid from his friend to serve as a bodyguard. It was this friend who sat next to him; sword at the ready.

Krillor's raised eyebrow was replaced by a narrowing of his eyes as he said calmly, "My dear, I too wish no confrontation over the matter. If you wish to discuss the issue, fine. You support the enslavement of others and to put it mildly, I do not approve. However, for the sake of those enslaved, I'll speak with you." Krillor wasn't all that impressed with speaking with yet another person willing to take the freedoms of others however he was not the purest soul around either. He half entertained the idea of listening to what the woman had to say if only to bed her later. However it turned out, Krillor decided his day thus far was rather boring and perhaps trouncing another slaver in a verbal battle would liven things up a bit.

"So tell me, milady, what's your name and why is it you think slavery is a good thing for Ravok?" Krillor took a drink of his own beverage while sneaking a peak at Xenova's presented assets.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Xenova Prillar on February 28th, 2010, 2:31 am

Xenova noted Krillor's raised eyebrow as she boldly took the seat nearby and presented her reason for looking for him as well as a taste more. She was no slouch at the art of seduction but seducing Krillor was only a bonus as she had to convince him that slavery was right if she bedded him all the better for her or so she thought. Right now she hoped simply yo make him more...receptive to her ideas which she herself was not entirely sure of.
When Krillor spoke, his friend seemed to relax a bit but probably would not be off his guard ever as he seemed to be Krillor's bodyguard. In a city like Ravok one who opposed the city norms would need a bodyguard to look out for them. Fortunately she had no intention of harming the man, in fact she rather thought him to be attractive. He asked her her reasons for supporting slavery and she was momentarily taken aback as eh had not expected to be asked to speak first.

She adjusted her dress and her deep alto voice never wavered as she said.

My name is Xenova Prillor Mi lord Krillor, Now let me open my argument with the same tired rhetoric. Some of the slaves here represent the population that probably would not survive here without some kind of protection. Most of them could not be employed or would be scorned for their lack of humanity or those that other wise cannot make a living for themselves. Though we could grant them their freedom and let them survive on their own it is true. But what we do is give them homes and food and care. We take them off the streets and give them some education and training. Most are treated well and given all that they need. In that manner they are better off than they would be on their own.

She smiled sweetly and sipped her ale allowing her throat to make small, suggestive movements that suggested she was expert at swallowing and then began,

Now it is true that some of us mistreat slaves. I myself would only punish a disobedient one. Now that is no different than being disciplined for doing poorly in a job. I know some shop owners that would not hesitate to beat their help if they were sloppy or undisciplined. However it is true that some are simply cruel and it is their right to be so. I myself do not agree with that kind of treatment of such important help. Slaves do the tasks we cannot or will not do. I would be dead if it were not for a slave that repaired an injury I received recently. She was very kind and seemed happy in her place. I have no knowledge of the skills she used to stitch my wound so she served her purpose and for that I'm sure she was rewarded with the same things we get, food and a place to sleep.

She shifted to give Krillor a better view of what she had to offer, without being whoreish about it. Then she began again

That is my opening argument. Now I expect that you should have no trouble taking it apart as its the same tired rhetoric.
Xenova Prillar
Player

Character sheet

Postby Gillar on March 12th, 2010, 7:12 am

Krillor sat and listened as Xenova gave her explanation of why she thought slavery was not as horrible as some others made it out to be. If he acknowledge her subtle flirtations, he did not immediately make it known. Unbeknown to Xenova, Krillor did in fact notice and was mentally distracted for a moment or two as she continued with her reasoning. When she finished, it took him a second to regroup his mental faculties and respond. Krillor cleared his throat and readjusted his seated posture before speaking.

"Milady, first I must say that you do yourself a disservice by dismissing your argument before you even begin as well as doing so as soon as you finish. That said, I do indeed understand your points and yes, I have heard them from others in the past. I find it pointless to argue some of your points as they are a matter of perception. I will however speak on your comments about granting slaves freedom. While many of us in this city provide slaves with many opportunities for a moderately comfortable life in comparison to the lives had by the barbarians of the wilds, these are opportunities that we decide for them. What would it hurt to allow all citizens of the city the ability to choose the own path and seek their own opportunities? Would we not find better quality service from those who choose to serve us over those we force to?. Krillor shifted in his seat once more and took a drink from his beverage.

Krillor motioned to the larger man sitting next to him and said, "My friend here, Mastrov, was once a slave. I purchased him from the market and then granted him his freedom. He could leave at any time he wishes yet he chooses to remain with me as a friend and bodyguard. Why should I force a slave to befriend and protect me? Would it make me safer?" Mastrov simply sat where he was and watched Xenova as wolf watches a deer; waiting for it to run and bring on a chase.

"The one you speak of who tended to your wound, you say she earned her food and a place to sleep. Perhaps you are right but what if she wanted more out of life? What then? You see, I am not foolish enough to think that this city can simply free all of their slaves at once and continue business as usual. I do feel however that more can be done to begin a path toward freedom that would benefit both slave and master alike." Krillor stole a glance at Xenova's physical revelations before taking another sip of his beverage and listening to what else she may have to say.

OOCApologies for the delay; long work days during this first part of the month.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Xenova Prillar on March 19th, 2010, 4:40 am

Xenova listened to Krillor with intent ears as she had never heard an argument *against* slavery before. Her parents were perfectly satisfied with the status quo and never questioned the practice..in fact they had owned one or two. She had always just known that slavery was a good and just institution and was for the best for both slave and master alike. Now here was a man who could *prove* that maybe it wasn't always what it was cracked up to be. The man beside him was a freed slave an yet remained, how could that be? Perhaps the man knew no better, perhaps it was more than that. She began to doubt herself and there in lay her weakness, she was weak to a good argument.

She had always relied on her talents to serve her. She could seduce most average men..and women for that matter so getting people to believe her by that method was easy and usually sooner or later they just knew she was right or kept silent to keep bedding her. And of course if that didn't work there was always poison to keep them silent. Now she had to make her point stick without her talents and she was not good at that.

However she could still enjoy making this man distracted even if she could not right away convince him that she was right. In fact maybe if she simply entertained his ideas she could find the argument that would convince her as well as him. So she realigned her 'assets' to present a good view to Krillor and again using body language and tone of voice she became the temptress, still promising him a good bedding, even if he didn't agree with her

Milord, you do present a convincing argument. Your friend here is compelling evidence that a freed slave is as good if not better than one not freed. It is true that some slaves rebel to the point of having to be put down. It seems that not all appreciate what we do for them. But it does seem that some can appreciate freedom and still choose to serve.

She slowly ran a finger across her mug again, lifting it to her pale,aqua lips and taking a slow sip, running her tongue across her lips in a sensual manner hinting that she could do more with it than lick her lips. she did so enjoy the chase of seduction more than the catching. She thought about it for a while and said.

I would suppose also that it could be argued that if Slaves choose to serve even if freed that they have a mentality to serve. It is something they are born with, even if they do not recognize it until they become slaves. Not all of us have that mentality, that is why some of us seek and obtain positions where we don't have to serve..or at least can have the illusion of not serving. But to those that do have that mentality..are we not doing them a disfavor by not nurturing that? Even if it means forcing them to serve?

She pretended to adjust her bodice, when in reality she was lowering it a bit to give both men a peek at what she had to offer. She knew her words might inflame the man next to Krillor and maybe a little show would distract him, after all Silvas did not say she could not use her whiles to convince any friends of Krillor she was right. She continued

I only dismiss the opening arguments because they are usually a matter of perception as you say. But the reality seems to be that some are meant to serve while others are meant to lead. I believe it is something we are born into, some thing you have or not by birth, not raising. If one is born to serve, than are we really harming them by forcing them to serve?

She let that and her sensual motions sink in well before she spoke again.

If over time we do grant slaves complete freedom and I am right about being born to serve, than what do you think they will do? In the long run they will fond other "masters". Perhaps drink?, Perhaps herbs and poisons? Not that these things are bad in small doses, but if they make them their masters then they become bad. Or perhaps we will send them to those who would do them true harm? You see by being responsible slave owners we do them a service by allowing them to serve in a guided fashion rather than unguided.

She smiled as she was sure he had heard this before too, but if he had not yet considered this she added.

Perhaps it is not so much we should allow them their freedom as we should become more responsible for them? A little education or a few rights might not be so bad, but to free them? I think we would be doing them great harm. No they need our guidance so that they do not serve the wrong masters.

She really believed this and knew that taking good care of a slave was just as important as taking care of any other possession, though perhaps a little relaxing of the rules would not hurt. People would be cruel to each other no matter what, it was the will of Rhysol..or so she thought she believed.
Xenova Prillar
Player

Character sheet

Next