No room for honor! [Solo]

Accalia just strolling around Ravok.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Accalia on June 3rd, 2012, 9:52 pm

15th of Summer, 512 AV
Late afternoon
Ravok

Just another day in Ravok. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and everything is going just fine. The streets are rather busy, and there's not a lot of space for a war horse to go through. Even though, the lance Accalia was carrying looked so intimidating, mainly because the sun was reflecting against it's steel tip. And so, barely managing to move through the streets, Accalia was carefully scanning other citizens of Ravok. A wide array of people could be seen there. The lower class, the middle class.. everything. The only bad thing about Ravok was that people were mostly worshippers of Rhysol. Navigating through the streets, she was starting to make her way to The Ravokian Shipyard, a truly amazing place. Looking at the canal, sitting on her horse with her lance held in her hand, she was quite amazed. Finally free... and exploring Ravok on a horse. Well, that was not really the best idea, but it still was better than the stables. She just didn't trust the people there enough. As Accalia was sitting on her horse, relaxing by the shipyard where quite a lot of people were busy, she was listening to the clinking of the sturdy hammers. "Ravok, Ravok.. you truly are interesting." Accalia muttered out, smiling as she pulled the cloth that was covering her face down, allowing for easier breathing. Taking a deep breath, her eyes were shining like two suns above a desert. She then turned her horse around, gently yanking it's reins back. "Mhhm, let's go, Winter." she said before Winter went into motion again, slowly moving towards the narrow streets again.

With Winter carrying Accalia on his back, he was guided through the streets of Ravok by Accalia. Slowly moving through the streets, Winter was getting quite nervous. Constantly looking left and right, as if something bad was about to happen. "Winter, what's wrong?" Accalia leaned in and whispered, scanning the area thoroughly and curiously, fearing that danger might be nearby. Resting her lance in her hand, she pulled the reins a bit harder now, making Winter speed up. Passing around small crowds, Accalia was cautiously looking around, trying to find someone who could be a potential threat.

"That man over there! The one with a dark brown fur hood who's barely even keeping balance! No, it can't be him.. that woman over there! No, it's not her either.."
These were just some of the thoughts going through Accalia's head. She was struck by paranoia. When Winter was upset, she'd get upset as well. For a warhorse to be upset, it's really strange. Warhorses are brave horses, they don't get scared easily. Now navigating to a less-busy street, or an alleyway so to say, Accalia scanned it thoroughly before pulling the cloth up, dismounting her trustworthy horse, putting her lance down by the side of the saddlebag, jsut lodging it in there. Unsheating her bastard sword, she held her shield up, looking around the alley. Stopping, she looked back at Winter. Winter was constantly looking around, and something was obviously wrong. As Accalia was distracted, she heard footsteps in front of her before a throwing knife was launched at her shield. She turned her head, just to get rammed head-on by an unknown assailant. As she stumbled back, she moved her shield to the left a bit, bracing herself for combat as she tilted the sword, placing it on the cleft of her shield. She then moved towards the assailant with great caution, staring at him. If looks could kill, he would certainly be dead.

The assailant held a heavy mace, which indicated that he's a strong opponent and shouldn't be underestimated. The mace itself had a bronze hue to it, and some rust as well. It didn't look like a well-maintained weapon, but it still was something to fear. One hit with that thing could put even a heavily armoured foe down, not to mention someone with lamellar, which is designed as a countermeasure against swords and slashes alike.
"Stand back!" Accalia said, maintaining a stable stance, ready to riposte if the foe does attack.

The man, eventhough he remained silent he started bracing himself for an attack. Charging at Accalia, he lowered his mace in order to avoid a stab attack. Accalia, however, sent the blade forward, in an attempt to stab him. He moved the mace up, and the blade away. Pulling her right back, she raised her left up to prevent an attack. And so she did, the mace hit the shield and the spikes got stuck in it. Accalia held onto the shield, using all her strength to push it to the side. Barely even managing that, she then sent a kick towards the foe, making him release the mace. The opponent stumbled back a little, still determined to attack Accalia. Accalia, however, removed the shield from her forearm, dropping it onto the ground, along with the mace stuck into it. She lowered the piece of cloth that covered her mouth, breathing faster because of excitement.

Thoughts running wild, Accalia held the sword with a tight grip on it, looking at the opponent. "Who are you..?!" she said, her eyes sparkling up because of excitement. Her heart pounding, aching to find out who the assailant was. But he remained silent, not uttering a single word. Accalia stared at his eyes, trying to induce fear with her gaze.. and the fact that she's armed and he's not. She approached the target, relaxing her wrist - allowing for the tip of the sword to slide across the ground, making a rather nasty sound as it did. Upon getting close enough, she lifted the blade up by contracting her wrist, bringing it to the target's neck. "Who.. are you?!" she said, a bit louder this time - still excited, but now even more than earlier. He just reached into his pocket, withdrawing a small piece of parchment paper, dropping it onto the ground. He then turned away, accepting defeat before walking off, looking over his shoulder occasionally before vanishing into the crowd.

Accalia then kneeled down, picking up the piece of parchment before reading it over. "Two gold Mizas?" Accalia grunted out, sighing. "Is this what my life is worth? she now said in a somewhat furious tone, dropping the piece of parchment before standing up and running to her shield, parting the mace with her foot from the shield before putting it back onto her forearm with the visible damage on it. "Cursed be Rhysol's followers and this entire city for all I care!" she said before hopping up onto Winter. She then pulled the reins rather roughly, quickly getting out of the long, narrow alleyway, trying to find the assailant who has wandered into the crowd. After passing through the streets on Winter for a fair while, the search was not successful. The assailant was nowhere to be found and she was left with only Winter and her equipment. And she was also left with a ton of questions.
Who hired him? Why? Is it because I frown upon Rhysol and because I like Kihala better? Is it because I value life and I don't kill as often as others do? Is it because I'm a good person? Is it because my father denied all the Gods? Why? Just, why?!
These were just some things that were troubling Accalia beacuse of the previous event.
Accalia
The Warrior

Words: 9485
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2012, 11:15 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on June 5th, 2012, 2:01 pm

Accalia

• +1 Shield
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +1 Bastard Sword

You Question My Logic? :
If you have any questions on your reward, or feel I missed something, feel free to PM me.

Lores: Assassination Attempt

Loot: 1 Heavy Mace (Value: 12gm)

Notes: Okay, so, the big problem I have with this thread is the horse. Technically horses aren't banned from Ravok, but you should know that there is nowhere in the city to keep your horse. You won’t be able to keep it in any inn or apartment, and there is nowhere for it to graze. No shop in the city sells horse feed either, though you could potentially feed it other things. Also, the "streets" of Ravok are very narrow, and there are many places you can only get to by boat. These boats are small "ravosala", basically a gondola or small boat propelled by a pole. A horse couldn't fit on them.

The only place in Ravok to store a horse is the Lakeside Stables, which is on the shore of the lake. It takes 3-5 hours to get from the shore to the city itself. So.. going back and forth is kind of a nuisance for Ravokians. Now, I realize not all of this info is easy to locate, which is why I'm not mad or anything, but I just wanted you to know all of it. I'm actually working on a thread that is going to cover all these types of details, and it will hopefully be up soon. Anyway, other than that, it was an interesting post, and I can't wait to see where this plot leads!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)