A Spoonful of Honey...

[Solo]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

A Spoonful of Honey...

Postby Lixue on June 4th, 2012, 2:48 am

Summer 9th, 512 AV

Wide nostrils flared, trying to capture the subtle scents surrounding the female. Honey? Another deep breath. Honey is good food. Yummy food. Why woman have honey? How woman have honey? Woman share with Bron? Brown eyes stared hard, as if sizing the lady up. Tiny. Me take her if try. A human-like palm came up to idly scratch a bare chest. The human startled, but recovered quickly. Scared. Me scary? No! In an attempt to reassure the being of his safety, Bron reached out to run a thick finger along her cheek. The female stood very still, barely breathing. Green eyes watched the Jamoura warily. Me no cause harm. See? Retreating backwards when one of the guards took a step forward, club ready, Bron grunted in both fear and intimidation. He trap Bron. Stick Bron in here. Mean! Brown eyes snapped to the petite form standing next to the guard when she moved. A shaking hand came up to stop the Hahk'Shatara. With a reluctant nod, the guard stepped away. Woman good. Woman trust. Woman give honey? Yummm.

Lixue was terrified. She was certain everyone could hear her heart trying to launch from her chest. Barely noticeable beads of sweat decorated her upper lip. Lixue's petite body was shaking like a leaf in the middle of a raging storm. Clammy palms were casually wiped onto dirty pants. The gigantic Jamoura was obviously male and seemed to be confused at her reactions. When he had taken a step forward, her body recoiled automatically. As if to soothe her fears, Bron had touched her pale cheek like a parent would an infant or a lover would a partner. Was he to rip her face off? Grab onto her black hair and yank? Use her as a hostage to get out of the cages? Did he mean to cause her harm?

Nearly a bell ago, the Hahk'Shatara had fetched Lixue from the Injury Ward, claiming there was an injured Jamoura in the cages. An arm had been caught between the bars and a shoulder dislocated. The task was simple to fix. Rotate the arm to ninety degrees, hold straight out, lift up, rotate again. Dealing with the patient, Lixue had spotted the Jamoura in the cage across from her. He appeared to be calling for her, even seeming to know her by name. How?

Either way, Lixue had requested visiting the Jamoura. It was only when she was close enough did Lixue notice the open wound surrounding the Jamoura's foot. Unfortunately, the beast was awake and not unconscious like the previous patient. Lixue had been forced to enter the cage, terrified.

The monster's jaws opened and Lixue tried to hide her cringe. Inside, teeth sharper than a scalpel showed. The strange glint in the Jamoura's eyes made her feel wary. A fisted hand, paw?, stayed by a hairy side. The first words she expected to hear were not,

"You have honey?"
"This is Common"
"This is Vani"

I am interested in learning new languages. If you are interested in teaching your language, please contact me. Thank you.
Lixue
The Amputator

Words: 329233
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)