Location [Syliras Location] The Temple of All Gods

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Re: [Syliras Location] The Temple of All Gods

Postby Cosette Merryweather on October 7th, 2009, 8:03 pm

"Oh, but... I'm not really qualified, its just I'm not really educated... Everything I've learned I only learned in a couple of months and..." Cosette began fiddling with the hem of her skirt as she stuttered on. Suddenly Cosette felt... inadequate, almost as if Glav was overestimating her worth. There were other nuits who were far better suited to the line of work he was suggesting and she had only been a nuit for far too long not to mention her connection with the Sahovan wizards were somewhat limited. Still, the prospect of being able to help others, albeit at a much smaller scale appealed to her and she did believe she had a genuine desire to help bring about peace. "...Well, if you think I can do it Father Glav, I could probably take on the position."

"Stay the night and read..." Cosette's elation at his offer showed as she flashed Glav her pearly whites, she desperately wanted to find more information or stories concerning resurrection. Sahova had lots of books too but since the subject of most of their tomes involved destruction rather than preservation, much less restoration of life she found that her time was better spent with research outside the confines of that island. "You have a library here? Oh! If you'll let me stay and have access to your books I'll... I'll clean your temple and cook for you if you'd like! Mother always told me I had a talent for it! Cooking I mean!" she gushed. "I'd love to join the council... I mean I'm interested! Helping you out is the least I could do for your hospitality... right?"

"If you're talking about salary I can't accept that kind of reward Father Glav," Cosette shook her head softly, but she appreciated the offer all the same. "This is more a calling than a profession, besides, being paid would make this feel more like a job and I'm sure there are other people who could use that money more than I." the girl paused and considered the other privilege that came with the station however. "I'll take the basement office though, if that's alright with you father."
Last edited by Cosette Merryweather on October 8th, 2009, 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The answer is more Body Building. -X.
Cosette Merryweather
Unyielding Optimism

Words: 69794
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2009, 10:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Abashai on October 8th, 2009, 4:19 pm

Abashai carefully placed the medallion around his neck and under the dark curls of hair laying on his shoulders. He pondered a moment, realizing this was all so new and sudden that he didn't even know what questions to ask. "I...we, are in town today to get supplies. I am staying about a half hour outside the city. I will return here though, as we come to Syliras, to see you and learn more. I have much to learn about the city and its people and government."

He paused, wanting to be honest with Glav before they went much further. "I have to tell you, foremost, I must look out for the interest of my people and their faith. I would like to believe that all people can live together, as we once did. To that end I will diligently work together with others on this council. But I too must learn to overcome biases without betraying my beliefs. Perhaps Syliras is the place where fear and differences can be laid aside, or at least respect of each other can be achieved. A place we can all call home." If Navik had no qualms with his feelings, Abashai was ready to serve.

The Benshiran rose and extended his hand, imitating the greeting Glav had used. "As Fall approaches, I will begin to create some documents to distribute and information to post in my...office" His office...that sounded strange for a recent wanderer, so permanent.

"Before I go, perhaps you could show me this office."
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on October 9th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Cosette

Glav smiled slightly. "Of course you are qualified. You have a unique perspective that allows you to understand people like yourself, whether you know it or not. As for education, if you don't sleep much you can spend your nights here getting one if you like. I do have a library downstairs, though its not as grand as the one upstairs and mostly filled with theology and culture. You do not have to clean or cook, but if its something you enjoy I wouldn't mind some help with things. I'm pretty much the only staff here, so sometimes the job does get overwhelming. But I do not mind. Like you, I do not sleep much." He offered the girl a smile, a warm inviting accepting smile, and nodded.

He pulled a medallion out of his robe pocket and offered it to her. "It will glow if we need you.. either to talk to a newcomer to the community or to sit in on a meeting. The first meeting we'll have around the 45th of Fall, as soon as I check with Loren Dyres with his schedule. There's a lot of things we need to work on in Syliras to help ease some of the tensions that exist. We also need time to gather up some new members." He said gently, nodding.

"As for the salary, I think you should accept it. If you do not want to keep it, you could give it to those that need it, perhaps even your own people or others who are needy. There's a lot you could do with three hundred mizas a season. You might even have enough to start feeding needy people soup or something once a day, especially if you like to cook. We have a back room here that might make a decent kitchen that's off the back of the Temple."
He suggested, then beckoned for her to rise and follow him.

"Come, I'll show you the basement if you want to see your office...."
He added.

Abashai

Glav nodded. "That sounds about right to me. There is a lot to learn here in Syliras, about all sorts of things. I'm startled by the people I meet daily and what they can teach me. No matter how old you get, that never changes. And when it comes to children, its doubly truthful. The little ones that come here for lessons enchant me the most. But be it from the most innocent or the most criminal of the population, people are interesting." At Abashai's confession about his interests lying first and foremost with his people, Glav nodded. "Understandable, and very noble. It sounds as though Matilda was right in directing you here." He said, nodding. "That's what a Councilor should be, especially a Benshira Councilor."

And with their shake, Glav turned and lead Abashai back through the temple, across the foyer, and to a side door that head to a stairway down. It looked like the opposite side of the foyer had a similar stair as well. Passing down the stairs they found themselves in another foyer, this time smaller, and a long hall that lead to a larger room at the far end that appeared to be a library and meeting room. Glav gave him the quick tour, indicating the hallway had doors leading off of it that opened into offices. The library was an impressive structure of theology and culture, with a large meeting table in the center that could be used for both study and conversation. It was comfortable, and surprisingly unpretentious.

Glav let him pick his own office from about ten. Two were already taken, one by Glav himself which was surprisingly just as plain and small as the rest. They were all identical, with a desk, chair, small window set high up near the ceiling. There was a wardrobe that could double as storage, and two extra chairs. There were writing supplies in the desk, a shelf on the wall for books, and Glav invited him to move the furniture around to suit himself.

At that point, Glav left him alone inviting him to have free use of the library and redecorate however he'd like. And he promised, as well, to be in touch with the time and date of their first meeting.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Cosette Merryweather on October 13th, 2009, 10:01 pm

Cosette considered which library she would comb through first but since Glav was being generous and she had the luxury of time maybe she could afford reading material that she might be able to use in the course of her duties as a representative in the Lord Dyres' council. "I'll visit both of them, I have nothing but time in my hands after all."

"You don't need to sleep too?" Cosette inquired, her head tilting quizzically at the priest's statement. "Ah, I've got it!" she planted a closed fist into an open palm, nodding as if she'd have come to a conclusion. "You're a mage aren't you? I heard from somewhere that most religious folk have those gno...somethings. Is that why you don't get sleepy?"

"Its very nice but isn't this expensive," Cosette held the medallion carefully in both hands, she didn't want to risk breaking such an item and it was common knowledge how expensive magical items were. "What if I break it? I mean, I won't break it but what if I accidentally do?"

There was no arguing the priest's counsel. Three hundred miza was a lot and if she were able to invest that money into a grander plan than simply buying food for people she might be able to help more of them than she'd initially anticipated. "I suppose I should accept the salary... I could use the money to buy livestock or seeds... maybe then I could help more than I would by just buying raw ingredients off the market. But I'll probably have to open a place outside the city's walls." Cosette was seriously contemplating how she would spend the money she would be receiving but Glav's invitation for her to see her office reminded her that she would first have to be deserving of that salary and she wouldn't be able to do that if she didn't know what her work entailed. "Oh! I'd love to see the basement father Glave."
Cosette Merryweather
Unyielding Optimism

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on October 14th, 2009, 9:16 pm

Cosette

Glav smiled and nodded at Cosettes suggestion of visiting both libraries. "Reading is always good. Perhaps you should do some writing too. Write down your thoughts, how it is to live as you do... others might be interested as well like you are interested in their lives and hobbies." He said thoughtfully, then continued to answer her questions. "No, Cosette. I don't need to sleep all that much. I can, but it gives me very little rest. But no, I am not a mage. Magic interests me, but its not something I've taken the time to learn as of yet. I might some day, but I've been far too busy studying the Gods." He smiled, and nodded. "Yes, Gnosis marks. They are gifts of the Gods. I have some, but most have very little meaning now. They don't cause me not to sleep. That is a whole other far more complicated story. If we get to know each other better, perhaps I shall tell you about it someday." He offered, more to encourage her to move on past this line of questioning.

"It is expensive, but a friend of mine makes them for nothing up at the Inner Sanctum in the castle. I do work for him. And luckily if you loose it we can probably find it, and if you break it, my friend can probably repair it. Otherwise, I have others I can give you as a replacement."
He added, rising to pace slightly. "Yes, accept the salary. Then you can do what you'd like with it. That is, after all, the whole point of a salary." He added, slightly amused by her spirit.

When she agreed to see the basement, he took her gladly. They went downstairs via one of two stairways on opposite ends of the same foyer. There was a small room that served as a foyer below the actual church's foyer, then a long hallway that lead to a large library that served as a meeting room at the far end. He let her pick one of the nine remaining offices from the total of twelve. Each contained the same items, even Glav's himself, and were plain beyond measure. They were all identical, with a desk, chair, small window set high up near the ceiling. There was a wardrobe that could double as storage, and two extra chairs. There were writing supplies in the desk, a shelf on the wall for books, and Glav invited her to move the furniture around to suit himself.

"Now, when do you want to get started? It might help to get started by making some fliers and advertising your services as an interpreter and cultural councilor. We're going to have our first meeting soon. Loren said he'd get back to me on his schedule."
Glav explained, letting her have the run of the lower rooms, explore the library, and foyer, exactly what she wanted as he watched over her with careful sedate eyes.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cosette Merryweather on October 17th, 2009, 9:47 pm

"Perhaps tomorrow? This is all pretty new to me and I think I'm going to need a few hours to get used to the idea I'll be working as a cultural counselor..." Cosette's eyes wandered around the room and while she noticed the absence of a bed it didn't bother her so much since she wouldn't need it. "Its a nice room, larger than the one I grew up in for sure." she started walking around what would soon be her office, her mind already running with ideas on what would make the chamber livelier when she noticed how much time she was spending idling about. "I-I'm sorry Father Glav, I wouldn't want to keep you from your work for much longer than I have already."

"I-I think I can find my way around now, I shouldn't get lost looking for the libraries... Sorry, if I disrupted your activities in any way..." she said apologetically. "And about advertising my services, I guess I could post something on a bulletin board somewhere in the city... or another one outside the temple too." Cosette didn't know if she was up to the task however. "I'm not too keen about advertising my services yet though, I haven't been a nuit nearly as long enough as one should to understand my kind. If you think its alright, I'd like to spend a few more days studying my kind... if that's alright with you father."
Cosette Merryweather
Unyielding Optimism

Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on October 17th, 2009, 10:56 pm

Cosette

Glav smiled. "Please, call me Glav. I am not the traditional 'father' you are used to. And yes, that would be a good idea, to brush up on anything you might need to prepare for your duties. I will leave you to your new work, Cosette. And if you need anything else, knock on my office or look for me upstairs. A temple has an endless amount of tasks that need doing to keep it running. My main purpose today is a roof leak that needs attention, and if I do not get to it, it will keep leaking." He said thoughtfully, and with a smile left her there.

Cosette

Experience: 1 XP Communication 1 XP Interrogation
Additional Notes: a 300 GM job per season for every season agreed too as a Cultural Councilor

Abashai

Experience: 1 XP Communication 1 XP Interrogation
Additional Notes: a 300 GM job per season for every season agreed too as a Cultural Councilor
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Klane on January 12th, 2010, 9:17 pm

Time stamp: 31th Day of Winter, 209 AV
Purpose: A quest for meaning

A nervous Kelvic walking into the building. His clothes slightly worn and tattered. He could have afforded a new set of clothing, yet like many Kelvic's he found covering a low priority. The true reason though, was that he was still unsure if he could stay here, if it came time that he had to leave, he wanted to shed his clothing quickly in order to morph and get away. One pocket held a shining harmonica, the other a hidden item, probably a dog collar. Over his shoulder, wrapped in a bedroll was a new mandolin, attached to his back with a few feet of rope. Yes, this was how he entered, he entered with all his belongings.

Klane, as he was named, stood by the doorway to the temple. An unsure look crawled onto his face as he pondered whether or not to come in farther. "Hello?" his quiet voice echoed over the acoustics of the room. Klane took a few steps forward to admire the craftsmanship of the building. The Kelvic was here for no particular reason. At least thats what he told himself. In truth, he had never had time for religion, and now that he had escaped his unfortunate past, he wanted to find meaning to life. Religion, as is obvious for most people, seemed like the place to start for answers. Just what did the Kelvic want from a religious experience, he had yet to know. In fact, as he stood by that doorway he began to think: Do I even know about any of the gods?
Klane
X-Slave

Words: 18143
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 4:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on January 14th, 2010, 7:13 pm

Klane

Glav wasn't ever very far from the Temple. It could be his greatest strength or his greatest weakness. Regardless he was doing his usual cleaning. No one else was ever hired for the temple maintenance because the Priest himself always insisted on doing the work. And truthfully, the temple looked better for it. It was always shining with light and the wood gleamed with polish. Candles were always fresh and there were never any smoke stains on the stone ceiling from their illuminating light.

"Can I help you?" Glav Navik asked. He was a middle aged man, human, dressed in a hooded robe that was belted at the waste by a silk cord. His shoes were kidskin half-boots, and his face was etched with peaceful laugh lines. He'd walked up beside the Kelvic quietly and paused, waiting to see if there was anything he could do for the young man.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Klane on January 14th, 2010, 10:05 pm

Klane took a surprised step back. The visit was a surprise, and at that he cursed himself for not paying enough attention. In this room he should have heard the old man before he even got close. Especially considering his heightened sense of hearing. Not wishing to chance coming of as a bad-tempered Kelvic, he calmed down before turning to speak, "Oh, I'm not sure if you'd understand. I'm just looking for... Something." Then he added quietly, "Heck, I'm not even sure why I'm here..."

He rubbed his head, "I guess I'm looking for... Oh, this just sounds stupid, but I mind as well say it anyway... I'm looking for, well, I suppose it's meaning." He frowned. To the Kelvic, what he had just said sounded even stupider than he thought it would. Though, it was a natural ambition. He was a slave, and as such it's would be normal for someone whose spent so long taking orders and never talking back to want to understand what life is supposed to be about.
Klane
X-Slave

Words: 18143
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 4:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

PreviousNext