About that drink (Gaius)

Evora and Gaius share a drink after sparring

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

About that drink (Gaius)

Postby Evora on July 2nd, 2012, 6:36 am

"I didn't even think to as if this was something you wanted. I'm sorry about that, we can go somewhere else if this isn't how you wanted to things to go," there was a nervousness that gripped the Inartans voice. Evora couldn't but smile at him fondly. He was a strange one, but so was she.

Knowing pride was something important to any Inartan and not wanting to offend Gaius, Evora gently took his hand and said softly in Nari, "Come."

Tugging gently at Gaius' hand Evora followed after Mordechai.
Evora
Player

Words: 28949
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 3:19 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

About that drink (Gaius)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on July 3rd, 2012, 12:29 am

It seemed that after a moments hesitation the two decided to follow. Mordechai smirked at this. He would have some company tonight. It really is a shame how much he could enjoy company, seeing as his lifestyle didn't permit it too often. He really was a hospitable man when it came down to it, he thought to himself.

The two finally reached him and fell into step behind him. Side by side they were while just a few feet ahead Mordechai split the difference between them. By now his dancing had faded but the humming remained. It was a soft, swelling melody that could fill one's heart and force a reminiscent smile of days of youth. He learned it from his father when he was young.

After a short while the party had passed through the main gates and onto the road. Gaius and Evora still chattered behind him as they walked for about a mile, past the campsites that the locals took to, before Mordechai saw the trail into the woods that led to his campsite. It was nice and secluded, as it should be for Mordechai. He disliked unwarranted guests greatly.

"Ahh, here we are! This one will take us right to my clearing" Mordechai said as he braved his way through the brush that guarded the path, being sure to hold one of the longer branches back as he let the two pass through into the woods. It was getting darker, and the tree cover was thick so it was hard to see very far, but the path was well worn and easy to follow. Still, Mordechai held his hand into the air and let his shimmering green res shift into a small spire above his head. He let a slow, constant stream of res continue to fill it as he ignited the spire to light the path.

The path twisted and turned and the party followed it for ten minutes or so before Mordechai suddenly shrunk a foot and his flame went out.

"Sod the luck!" Mordechai said with anger as he looked down at the hole where his leg had sunk in, "Damned gofers!" He pulled against the earth but it quickly became apparent he was stuck. "Gaius, you study earth reimancy, right? Could you give me a hand? It seems I'm stuck." Mordechai said dismally. The clearing where his tent was could be seen from there, not but fifty feet away. "At least we're close!" he said.
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Words: 30065
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 8:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

About that drink (Gaius)

Postby Gaius Sivet on July 3rd, 2012, 3:00 am

"Ah, here we are! This one will take us right to my clearing," Mordechai said, pushing through a forest path. Mordechai held aloft a shimmering pillar of fire to light their way as they weaved through the twisting game trail. It was several minutes before the group turned a slight corner and Gaius noticed a hole in the path, just where Mordechai was headed. He opened his mouth to say somethign but was too slow.

"Sod the luck!" Mordechai shouted as his light went out and his foot fell into the hole. Gaius smirked slightly as Mordechai struggled to free himself, unsuccessfully. "Damned gofers! Gaius, you study earth reimancy, right? Could you give me a hand? It seems I'm stuck," Mordechai said, his voice dismal and forlorn. "At lease we're close."

Gaius walked forward and bent down to study the area where Mordechai had gotten himself stuck, feeling the earth around the hole. "You seem to have a knack for getting yourself into trouble, my friend. Good thing I'm always around to save your sorry skin. Give me a moment," Gaius said, turning his attention to the earth. After a moment, he came to a decision.

Gaius removed his sword from his belt and began to hack a small furrow around the hole, about an inch from its true opening. Once the furrow was the proper size, he wiped off the sword and sheathed it. Then, he allowed a coating of silvery grey res to flow into the furrow. After a moment, the res began to pull at the earth around it, dragging the hole open wider and allow Gaius to pull Mordechai's foot from the muck.

"There we are, good as new. Now, let's get on to that camp site of yours." Gaius said as he rose to stand once more and waited for Mordechai.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Words: 48143
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 11:20 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

About that drink (Gaius)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on July 6th, 2012, 5:26 am

"There we are, good as new. Now, let's get on to that camp site of yours." Gaius said.

"Listen, you did help me out this time but I did more than my fair share with the wolfs. Hell, if it weren't for me you'd would have been trapped in wildfire!" Mordechai called back as they entered the clearing. "But all that aside, thank you my friend." He said sincerely and with compassion for the stranger who defended him in the past.

The sky had gone black, spare the stars and moon. It was a clear sky that night. Mordechai got to work gathering firewood from beside his tent and placing it haphazardly in the pit that lay beyond. For a master over fire it really didn't matter how he arranged the pile of wood. Gaius and Evora took a seat around the fire and watched as this all went on.

Finally, enough wood had been gathered that would satisfy Mordechai's pyromantic desires. He knelt down beside the pit and breathed in very deeply. Breathing out his green res, which started as a light gas, jellied mid air over the wood and coated the logs. It's green shimmer seemed to look like moss. Once a sufficient amount was applied, Mordechai ignited it and the inferno consumed the wood. Mordechai sat on the far side of the fire, across from Evora and Gaius, letting them share their own personal space. Mordechai figured the fire would add to the romantic atmosphere and chuckled to himself.

"So, what news have you both?" He asked them. "Any good magic you learned lately? Or perhaps a good book or battle you've been drawn into? Do please go on."
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Character sheet

About that drink (Gaius)

Postby Evora on July 8th, 2012, 7:13 pm

"So, what news have you both?"
He asked them. "Any good
Ariving at the campsite after some drama with Mordechai getting stuck in the ground they sat about the firepit where Mordechai piled the wood high and, to Evora's silent amazement, seemingly breathed life to the pile of wood. Wind Reach was a simple place, with simple people who lived off the earth and magic was not a common sight. But Evora sat quietly next to Gaius doing her best not to show her suprise, observing the birds in the trees her heart aching to sketch them or sing with them.

"So, what news have you both?" Mordechai asked, breaking Evora's meditation, "Any good magic you learned lately? Or perhaps a good book or battle you've been drawn into? Do please go on." Evora thought pleasently back to the sparring session she had shared with Gaius earlier that day.

"I've engaged in some grand battle of late," Evora smiled smoothing a hand over the long cut acoss her belly. It was still wet and sensitive, but it was just another scar that would fade and become another reminder of where shes been, an exchange, and someone friended. She'd enjoy this scar.

"Wouldn't you agree Gaius?" Evora asked the awkward Inartan with a mischevious grin.
Evora
Player

Character sheet

About that drink (Gaius)

Postby Gaius Sivet on July 13th, 2012, 2:31 am

"Wouldn't you agree Gaius?" Evora asked, a subtle smile playing at the edges of her mouth. Gaius hesitated, not quite sure how to respond, where to take the conversation. He paused for a long time, looking about the campsite and its surroundings. It was in that moment, as the fire flared slightly and illuminated the outer circle of light more clearly, that Gaius saw a sleek, dark furred shape, stalking silently at the edge of the firelight, pacing with a calm, predatory grace, its eyes bright and hungry.

Gaius stood and slowly removed his sword from his belt, allowing a small amount of res to form at his hand as he did so. "I think we have uninvited guests," he said quietly, motioning to the edge of the campsite.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

About that drink (Gaius)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on July 14th, 2012, 2:52 am

"I think we have uninvited guests," Gaius said quietly. Quickly I noticed the low grumble of a creature in the woods behind us. I jumped to the back of the party and gathered a ball of res in my hand, ready for whatever may come. The beast stalked the outside of the clearing menacingly.

"Evora, ready yourself." Mordechai said sternly and without any of the humor previously displayed. He was serious now. The ball of shimmering green res in his hand and was roughly a foot in diameter. It was gelatinous in form. Mordechai tossed it forward and had it spread out into a collection of droplets that coated the ground in front of them. He then ignited the droplets and set a small fire wall in front of the party. The wall was roughly 1 foot tall and served more as an irritating barrier than anything else.

The beast stepped forward into the light of the fire and revealed itself. It was a grizzly bear, massive and brown with teeth flaunted, growling all the more furiously.
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Character sheet

About that drink (Gaius)

Postby Evora on July 16th, 2012, 3:07 pm

Surprised she hadn't heard the beast, Evora jumped at Mordechai's warning and whipped out her eating knife,the only weapon she owned. The bear was large and showed its teeth in a horrible snarl. Fear gripped Evora as she studied the beast and was reminded of her poor excuse of a weapon. She held it out in front of her and backed away as quickly as she dared.

She looked around at her companions and felt some relief that she was alongside magic wielders.
Evora
Player

Character sheet

About that drink (Gaius)

Postby Gaius Sivet on July 19th, 2012, 3:22 am

Gaius glanced from the bear to Mordechai and then his thoughts turned to Evora. He looked to where she stood, a small, eating knife clutched in her hand, held out before her like a sword, and a sudden, implacable fear took hold of him, wrapping its cold claws around his throat. Without thinking, Gaius stepped slightly in front of her, taking up a defensive position, holding his sword stretched out in front of him in a clumsy defense. Then, he sent a pooled as much res as he thought he could handle and formed its outer edge into a hard obsidian, shaping it to taper into as fine and sharp a point as he could, before he sent it hurtling at the bear, allowing it to fully harden as it went, hoping it would end this battle before it began.

The bear shifted slightly as the projectile flew and the rock only managed to bury itself in the beast's shoulder, eliciting a rumbling roar of pain and anger from it. Gaius swallowed past the hard lump that had suddenly formed in his throat as the bear reared up on its hind legs and roared again, focusing all its anger on the red haired Inartan that had just angered it so.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

About that drink (Gaius)

Postby Mordechai Zoltar on July 22nd, 2012, 1:45 am

Mordechai used Gaius' attack as a distraction and quickly slipped his hood over his head. Before running off to the right of the group and into the woods, he said to Gaius, "Make her an earthen sword or something" as he looked at the poor girl holding an eating knife. He watched as the earth struck into the bear and had a twinge of fear go through him as it shouted in anger.

Hidden in the shadows, camouflaged in his dark robes, Mordechai took an arcing path around the bear, preparing to flank it. The flickering fire let waves of light dip into the woods, between the trees but not far enough for the bear to notice him.

Finally, Mordechai made it behind the bear and began sneaking up on it slowly.
Mordechai Zoltar
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext