The Pit of All Evil (Valerius)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Amatus on September 15th, 2012, 6:48 am

Amatus was impressed, a victory not easily undertaken in the blonde’s presence. The Nitrozians were known both famously and at times, in the deceitful discretion of hushed exchange, infamously. Family marked by Rhysol, with large sums of wealth, power, and knowledge. His jowls practically salivated over the prospect that now shared in his company. It was time that was far from being squandered.

The wineglass wound in his rarely idle hands, the stalk revolving in dance along the pedestal of his fingers. The silver of his eyes flared with curiosity. The Nitrozian was fascinated by science, the pursuit of understanding. Was this for an equal recognition with their city’s much-loved god, or was he solely insatiable for the familiarity of his endeavors. He was stimulated by the thought. Amatus was not particularly well versed on topics outside his realm of his social activities, though to listen required very little deliberation or even interest. "I would enjoy hearing more of your Kelvic research at some later time. That is, if I would be so fortunate."

His neck craned toward the secured ring, where blood had dappled the sand around the fighter's feet. "Yes besides this," he chuckled and returned to the formidable frigid blues that met his. Amatus lifted the glass to kiss his lips, a moment of thought as he remained in the smell of alcohol through the salted copper scent of the breeze rustling his whitish locks of hair. "People." he at last replied. "I suppose my entertainment is found in them." it was a frank answer; one he felt may be suitable for the privileged in his midst. His head angled downward, his eyes tossed as if in thought, but instead traced the stitch of Valerius' trouser until nesting his sights in the crooks of the other’s fingers. "It is surprising to find the many faces that can be hiding behind the disguises of even those closest to you." his tone was flattened, and his lids flicked skyward to gaze from beneath his lashes back at his company.

It was his occupation, and his pastime, to attempt and find what it is that can please a person. It was the bartender's belief that if he could please, and gain trust, then the power was shifted into his considerable clutches. It is never exclusively about the sex, not for anyone.

"Perhaps that is why a Kelvic could never really please me." he smiled and took a long oozing taste of their shared wine. A pleasured hum slipped over him as Valerius repeated his name and offered his own. It was fragrant syrup nourishing his ego.

"Valerius Notrozian." he repeated with a dull sense of misleading wonder that purred in his throat. "Then there is no wonder as to why I am so taken."

"Unfortunately the De Gauther family does not do much of anything these days." he took in a sharp breath of air to suffocate the put-on that nearly accentuated an outwardly tragic statement. "Both have passed, but they at one time owned their own business, rather quaint and well off until it burned to the ground not long ago."

"Now I do what I can." he tossed over the subject nonchalantly. "I do well enough."

"Where is your pleasure attained, Valerius?" the name rolled from his lazing jaw so his tongue could swipe the corner of his mouth. Amatus extended the glass back toward the noble, reaching farther toward him as their comfort began to settle.
"When he is best, he is a little worse than a man; and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.”
Amatus
Clothing Optional

Words: 41561
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2012, 3:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valerius Nitrozian on September 18th, 2012, 11:12 am

„Later then“, Valerius agreed. „The doors of the Nitrozian Estate are always open to people like you.“ He briefly pulled his gaze away from Amatus to watch the fighters in the ring again. Any other day he would have followed them with interest, but that day the beast and its opponent failed to hold his attention, even though blood had finally been spilled. There was simply too little variety in the lion’s attacks. He just wanted to kill his opponent. Being an animal he failed to realize that it wasn’t only about winning of course, but also about giving the spectators a show. He would need to make a few suggestions to the manager later on …

As Amatus revealed that his entertainment was found in people, he nodded. Their eyes met for a moment. “And which faces do you think I am hiding?” he wanted to know. For a moment there was the hint of a smile visible on his face, a circumstance that most people that knew him better would find unusual. Valerius Nitrozian rarely smiled. In his opinion it was better to feign indifference – unless there was something to be gained from it.

“I don’t think Kelvic please anybody”, he remarked. “They lack an understanding for the finer things in life as do so many other creatures in this world. Humans are always preferrable.”

A light frown marred his face as Amatus talked about his family, especially as he heard the words ‘business’ and ‘quaint’. “That surprises me. I was quite sure that you were of noble descent. Your appearance and your manners imply such. I hope my comment doesn’t offend you. And for whatever it’s worth, I’m sorry for your loss.”

For a moment he was tempted to ask Amatus what he did, but he was worried that he would own another quaint business, clean stables or wipe spit and vomit off the tables in a tavern late at night. He decided that it would be better to keep the mystery a while longer.

“I attain my pleasure the same way that you do, from the same source, the same people”, he replied, took the glass back and filled it again. This time he drank a little more slowly. Valerius quite enjoyed wine, but he didn’t enjoy being drunk and the loss of control that came with it.
Valerius Nitrozian
Player

Words: 470233
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cataclysm on April 16th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Velerius :
Experience

Socialization 4
    Investigation 1
    Observation 3

Lore Earned
    Enjoying a little Ravok entertainment
    Amatus's views on kelvics
    Sharing a drink with another
    Amatus: Interesting individual

Amatus :
Experience

Subterfuge 1
    Philosophy 2
    Socialization 3
    Seduction 2
    Observation 2

Lore Earned
    Making the best of a situation
    Velerius: Ravokian wealthy
    Valerius's aunt works with kelvics

Shame it ened at that. Gave what I could find. Keep your chin up friends.

Safety comes in the oddest forms

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Free to moderate whenever/whatever. 0 people on the waiting list. My office Extra!
Cataclysm
Beware of tall brush

Words: 22092
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous