Food for the Dead

Noaru // In which Hadrian makes more soulmist, attracting a new ghost to him.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Food for the Dead

Postby Hadrian on July 1st, 2012, 6:27 am

"Well," Hadrian said after swallowing another bite of fruit, "you are welcome to visit here when you need some soulmist. Perhaps with practice, the quality will improve. In exchange, I hope you will not seek to harm myself or those who visit." He smiled. "You could be a guardian spirit if you wish."

The thought might prove propitious. This house was still his, but he had quarters at the University now, and there was the bequest of his ancestor that he wished to remain a secret. He couldn't be everywhere all the time, but a grateful ghost could keep an eye on things for him, and...

"And you could bide here, regaining your strength slowly until you are ready to take revenge into your own hands and thereby find your peace."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Food for the Dead

Postby Noaru on July 2nd, 2012, 12:36 am

I won't harm you as you didn't harm nor try to trap me and in exchange I shall watch over this place and frequently visit it: however, I can not guarantee the safety of those who unlawfully enter in attempts to do any harm to this place or its inhabitants, is there anything secret I should be aware of? I can't risk being banished and manipulated by anyone who seeks to find anything in this house.

'' Who would have thought, me forming friendships even after death: maybe, just maybe things aren't so bad after all.''

* Noaru thought before answering again.*

Indeed, I'll make sure to guard this house and if necessary intimidate weaker ghosts into doing my bidding and command them to watch this house. The word travels fast amongst us ghosts and spirits, so if anything in this house was to come into harm. I will know of it and then inform you.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Food for the Dead

Postby Hadrian on July 3rd, 2012, 5:48 am

"Well, you should conserve your strength," he said. "I have quarters in the University now due to my employment there, but this is still my home and I use it as a retreat, and some of my friends will have a key too. If you will keep track of comings and goings, and anything suspicious, that will be enough. You may reveal yourself to others or not at your discretion, but perhaps you should not allow other ghosts to haunt the place just yet. It may be some time before I can produce quality soulmist, and I imagine you will want to hoard it for yourself."

He grinned.

"But for now, I think I will take a nap. I'm not used to working with ghosts and it seems to have exhausted me. But we will talk again soon, I hope."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Food for the Dead

Postby Paragon on July 13th, 2012, 9:48 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Hadrian's Loot :
Hadrian

Skill XP Reward
Cooking +1
Spiritism +2

Lore: Conversing with Ghosts, Ghostly Promise of Protection

Items or Consequences: Nil

Noaru's Loot :
Noaru

Skill XP Reward
Tracking +1
Land Navigation +1
Soulmist Projection +1
Philosophy +1

Lore: Following the Scent of Soulmist, A Future of Possibilities

Items or Consequences: Nil

Nice little thread. @Noaru: Please try to fix your formatting in future. The asterisks are unnecessary, and when you write dialogue you need to use quotation marks. If you don't, it makes your writing very difficult to read, or to determine which bits are exposition/dialogue e.t.c - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, don't hesitate to PM me.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous