[The Sanctuary] Life Has Its Moments... (Ronan)

Morning dawns bright and early as Kavala works to forget her problems. Taking a break she realizes one sorrow is a sorrow no longer.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Kavala on June 18th, 2012, 8:15 pm

First of Summer, 512 AV

Kavala never thought steps would be hard. But they were difficult, at least for her, who looked with a practiced eye and wanted perfection. Steps rose out of the sea onto an Isle that had never existed before the Konti had turned her magic and her attention towards it. She'd tried, at first, to make a long sweeping staircase up the windward side, the one facing the Suvan and west. But the driving waves that sometimes boiled out out of the Suvan made that nearly impossible. So the staircases went on either edge and curled back to the leeward side where waves would not knock people off boats or the steps themselves when they went to visit the island.

And as for the steps themselves... Kavala envisioned grand sweeping perfectly even perfectly elegant stones of lapis and marble. The only problem was marble was hellishly slick when faced with routine coatings of salt water. Trying to form it, she fell more than once, her res work making no difference in the islands construction if the steps were unsafe. Far more practical was the stone found along the shore in a dark black color and veined with green red and sometimes a bluish grey. Kavala opted for that and patterned the stone of the steps after the texture, for it was easy to work on and since she had so much of it around to know what it should feel like, it was easy to produce.

She simply produced layer upon layer of res, turning djed to stone, building up the layers slowly and slowly, working on one step at a time. Sometimes she floated in the water as she did so, working on the steps beneath the waves. But as she got higher, she perched on the stone steps she'd already formed, working on higher steps. There was two sets sweeping around either side of the island, and one leading from a landing to another higher landing. The northern steps were the double sets while the southern facing steps was one long staircase. She'd gotten most of the first and second landings done, but was still working on the sea cave and the chamber totally protected from the elements. The island was a season short of being done, and thus a far had been a year long secret labor.

She came here every morning instead of running the beach. The beach had gotten too crowded for her since Serrif had started following suit and running along the shore in the mornings. And she found working djed was just as exhausting as running. In fact, throwing herself into the island's work and Sanctuary's Within and its exterior had taken its toll on Kavala. From the storm, the tragedy there, she'd steadily gotten more and more worn, loosing weight she could ill afford to drop. Single mindedly, Kavala wanted to fix The Sanctuary and get it back on par to where it had been before, and this time make it far better. In a way, it was one of the only things she had to do. The child had died. Her contract was paid. Tasi was doing so well, walking and now talking a word or two here and there. She had volunteered in the city a bit too... grateful for the Council and its decision. But here, this Isle, was definitely something all her own and something she could control.

It didn't leave. It didn't die. It just grew day in and day out until it was done. And she worked on it.. two hours here, three hours there. Slowly it grew, took shape, and she knew it would be fanstastic, a real place to escape.

And so she worked on steps until drops of blood from her nose started interupting her work. That's when she realized her head pounded again. Another headache. Kavala sighed, gave the island one last look, and slowly began to swim back to shore. One there, she glanced at the sky... only slightly deep into the morning, not even quite mid morning , so she tossed out her blanket, stretched out with her hand pinching her nose. So using her bag as a pillow, she stretched out on a blanket she usually carried with her, drank deeply from her waterskin, and relaxed under the syna's light. She had to work to do, of course, but nothing that wouldn't keep until later. For now she was tired, felt like the quiet of the beach was where she needed to be, and well being in sight of the big storm doors leading to the Sea Cavern on the beach level, Kavala wasn't hard to find.

So she stretched out and drifted back out, hoping the headache would relax a little and let her get a step or two more done before she headed back up to do more work. She was alive, and thankfully so, but the depression that had clouded over her was always just lurking on the edge of her awareness making her think things would never be quite the same, nor would she ever be quite happy gain. So many were dead. A part of her, laying there under the gentle morning sun, felt dead as well.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ronan on June 19th, 2012, 12:18 am

As Spring made way for Summer, Ronan took his first steps into the city he had left over a season ago. Within half a bell, Ronan had learned a lot. The storm had taken its toll, but there was goodness amongst the bad.

Sanctuary had been severely damaged in the divine cataclysm, but Kavala lived. There were whispers too. Of a change so great in the Konti's life. He would not believe them until he heard them from her lips himself though.

That was how he found himself walking out of the large storm doors and into the radiant sunshine, pouring down onto the beach. He saw her almost immediately. His heart lifted, but he remained balanced. Her life had been changed, as had his. It had been a long time since they had last spoken.

He walked slowly towards the Konti in the sand. He did not notice her faults, her loss of weight, her sunken body. Her radiance was only brighter to Ronan. He thought on his approach, every part of his body begging to pull her into his arms and cling onto her.

Ronan took in a deep breath, steeling himself. How much had she changed? Truly? The sun was hot against his skin. He wanted to feel it on his back and on his chest. He pulled his shirt up and over his head, throwing it down onto the sand. Kavala would see the scars he now bore above his pectoral muscles and down his shoulder.

He moved close to her, standing so his shadow was cast over her rested body.

"Greetings, stranger," he said. His voice was half amused - as if he'd never left.
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Words: 305663
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2011, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kavala on June 27th, 2012, 4:52 pm

Kavala opened her eyes the moment the shadow interrupted Syna's warm rays dancing across her skin, having not heard the footsteps approach. Exhaustion did that, made the Konti slow, even stupidly unprotected. She should have been safe on the beach though. But things had come out of the Sea since the Djed Storm and not all of those things were pleasant. The soft pavi registered and her hand which automatically moved to the weapons harness she was not wearing halted its frantic reach. She opened her eyes and blinked, not used to the bright glow of the beach having been hidden behind eyelids. It took her almost a full chime to focus on him, her blue eyes going from the azure of alarm to the pale blue of soft affection.

She blinked, let her eyes readjust, and stared up at Ronan from her reclined position on the sand.

"Oh. It's you." She said softly, half sat up, pulling her elbows under her and bending her knees - still reclining because she was tired. "Its not enough you come to talk to me in the dark, but you are coming in the day now as well?" She said softly, her pavi impeccable. If the sun wasn't glinting off the scales the loose skirt and scarf blouse revealed, she'd sound exactly like any other Drykas knee deep in grass. "Better now, I suppose, than tonight when I'm too tired to open my eyes. I meant to go back out there, you know. The island needs finishing. But my nose kept bleeding and there's worse things in the sea now than sharks." She added, blinking up at him and finally curling into an upright position, pulling her feet under her until she sat, curled like a cat, on the patterned blanket that she'd left her things laying on.

"Have you come to talk more philosophy with me? Shall we start off where we left off last night or the night before?' She asked, a smile played across her lips as if she was remembering something fondly that Ronan had no memory of. "No... I don't want to talk about Drykas law anymore, nor Riverfall politics.... though the crib tales your mother told you are different than the sapphire clan tales. I enjoyed hearing those. I'll tell Tasival all of them when he's old enough to want a good story. And I'll tell him about you, as much as I can. Though I don't know a lot. It's just too bad he can't hear them from you." She said, in a moment of weakness.

"I regret that... so much, Ronan. I know I tell you every time we talk like this... but I'm so sorry I left like that after the wedding and stayed out to sea. I always run to the sea like the a coward. I should have saw you and Sama'el and Issi and the rest off. I didn't. I stayed away because I didn't think I'd be able to let you go. And you needed to go. Staying here would have gotten us both killed... but leaving got you killed anyhow. I'm so sorry Ronan. About the storm, about what it must have been like for you... " She said softly, almost in a whisper.

The clothing she wore rippled in the wind, tangling with her hair as an ocean breeze picked up. Braids, very Drykas-looking braids, encased much of her forehead and temples but the rest of her hair she'd left long and the wind danced with it. Kavala raised a hand, swiping it under her nose and glanced down, as if half expecting to see more blood there. Her hand was clean.

"I'm glad you only come when no one's around. It's hard enough to hide my sadness from them. I don't think I could hide my crazy as well." She said softly, gave him one last look, and then laid back down, closing her eyes. After a moment, she spoke again. "It's getting worse too. Each time you look more real to me, Ronan. Ghosts shouldn't do that. You've even got new scars. Was that what killed you and not the storm? I should have been there... those wounds had to have hurt. Gods..." She said and slipped to her side, curling up like a child. She would have started crying, but she had no more tears left... not for herself, not even for Ronan.
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ronan on June 27th, 2012, 11:50 pm

Kavala blinked into the light, remaining led down in the sand.

"Oh, it's you."

Ronan slumped a little. Was she... disappointed? Indifferent? He had foreseen every possible reaction, except this. Had she forgotten what had happened? Perhaps she had moved on, while he had foolishly clung to this upon his return.

She sat up a little, speaking with a strange sort of distance in beautiful, fluid Pavi. She spoke as if he'd never left - as if he was up to date on her daily comings and goings. He frowned, face crinkling in confusion. As she went on, a cold sweat began to form on his skin. He was frightened momentarily.

This was not indifference. This was delusion. He listened to her regrets. The morning after the night before - when Raiha had confronted them, stabbing their lofty dreams. Kavala had fled to the sea, quenching her Konti pull to the water. He had not seen her since that. And now he understood why.

He stared into her eyes, studying her for a moment. There was a light wind coming off the water. Though most of her hair was free, some of it was pulled into Drykas-style braids. He smiled. She was a girl of the grasses, even if her blood defied it. That wild heart shone through, despite the madness. She was still Kavala. Just a little lost.

"Semele..." Ronan whispered, before sitting down beside her in the sand. She was tired. Overworked. She had come through much. This... delirium was understandable.

He stayed silent for a moment, following Kavala's gaze, out to sea. A few moments later, he moved his face close to her face, so that she would feel his warmth. He kissed her neck lightly.

"I'm no ghost," he whispered into her ear. He could hear her shallow breathing. "I am real, Kavala, and I am here again."

This beach was beautiful. It felt a world away from the storm ravaged wilderness he had travelled through to get back to Riverfall. It had not been a fruitless journey though. The earth now coursed through him, in more ways than one.

"These scars are real, but they didn't kill me. We survived the storm. And I can't explain how happy I am that you did too."

He nuzzled her neck again, hoping, praying she would break from this catatonic state.

Gods... Ronan had forgotten how good it felt to be beside her.
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kavala on June 28th, 2012, 8:26 pm

It was nice to see Ronan out in the sun looking so fit, but in a way it sealed her fate as well. Kavala knew she'd been slowly loosing control of things - mainly herself - since the storm and since the meeting at the council. Having Ronan here in the sunshine just reinforced that feeling. Things were getting worse. She knew they could always get worse, but when staring down the reality of a situation gave you a front row seat to worse, it was something you didn't want to think about directly and yet you had too.

If she closed her eyes, he'd go away. Sleep would claim her, and she'd wake up feeling better and maybe even hungry enough to eat something. He'd go away. Surely. He always did at night when she imagined him there. Tasival was usually the one that made Ronan leave, the mumblings of her son and his shuffling around when he'd managed to escape his crib did that.

But this Ronan didn't go away. Instead, she felt the sand beside her compress and the warmth of him settle down beside her. She smelled him, a combination of leather and horse and something else that was all human male. Her nose flared and she stiffened momentarily. No, things were getting a lot worse... a lot... worse. She felt his face brush hers, rough but not unpleasant. He whispered Semele's name and nuzzled her neck with his lips, setting her body afire almost instantly.

Kavala's eyes came open wide, staring straight ahead for a moment. Every emotion flitted across that pale blue gaze: hope, joy, fear, incredulity, love, sorrow, and then more hope. He read it all. She was so easy to read to him who barely knew her even though the only thing that was expressing her emotions were her eyes. Then she turned and looked at him... really looked at him, not through him like she had a few moments ago.

Her lips formed an 'O' and she blinked. Her arms instantly reached for him, not really drawing him into her arms but puling herself into his. It was like a drowning woman reaching for land, someplace solid to hold onto while a deluge washed around her.

She said nothing, seeming to soak in the solid feeling of him, then quietly whispered. "Say it again, Ronan. Say that you are real." Kavala said and then laughed as she pressed herself up against him. It was more of a sob than a laugh, at least at first. Then she pulled away, looked at him again, and really laughed, bright and light. "No, you don't need to say it. I see... I understand." She said abruptly. As he watched it was like a darkened oil lamp suddenly touched with a spark so it could catch fire and illuminate everything around it. Kavala came alive, just like that, and glowed with a brilliance that could only be considered spirit.

She pulled away from him just enough to really look him over, her webbed hands reaching up to trace the wounds on his shoulder and the new markings across his chest. Her gaze met his and then roamed across him, a healer for a moment and then a seer as the mark on the back of her hand from Eyris glowed and she looked at him that way as well. He looked travel worn, but well. Very well. And it made her smile all the brighter.

"I thought... I assumed... I ... the djed storm destroyed everything here that was out in the open. You and Sama'el were traveling with Issi and Leto and Denen and all the rest... I thought there was no way, Ronan. I... everything here was gone. All of Sanctuary. Because you were the direction it came from, to the northwest... and you had no web to warn you." She said softly, trying to explain, trying to make him understand. As she did so, her left palm traced his face and her other hand caught up his free hand holding it to her own. She glanced down, feeling the smooth coolness of the stone imbedded in the back of his hand. But she did not ask, not yet, not now. First, she simply wanted to look at him. And look she did.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ronan on June 29th, 2012, 2:06 pm

Kavala closed her eyes for a moment, but as he kissed her, something awakened inside of her fragile heart. She looked to him, light returning to those sapphire eyes. So much passed through them. The pains and agonies, melting into hope and happiness.

Comprehension came quickly enough, and Ronan's countenance softened into a smile as she drew herself into his arms. He held her tightly for a long while, kissing her head, and breathing in her scent; a ship in a violent storm, now anchored and near safety.

"I'm real," he repeated, laughing softly along with her. She held him tightly, and then pulled away again, laughing and smiling as she took in the truth. He was alive. And so was she. The radiant Kavala now looked over him. Her spirit burning fiercer than ever.

She began to explain, stumbling over her thoughts and reasoning. The storm had shaken everyone, but to Kavala, they had implanted beliefs in her head that she had not shaken all season.

"We had no warning," he said with a nod, "you are right. We got ourselves and the horses into caves as quickly as we could, and we stayed deep inside until it had passed."

Ronan rubbed a hand across his shoulder and chest.

"I was scarred, nothing more. We survived Kavala, and that's all that matters.

She took hold of one of his hands, touching and exploring his face with the other. One hand crossed the dreamstone, and he looked down, blinking. She asked nothing though. He would explain when she did.

"Sanctuary... you said. It's all gone?" he shook his head with sadness. Sanctuary wasn't just a home. It was a life. It was a soul unto its own. He pulled her towards him again, kissing her. "I'm sorry... so sorry. I'm only happy that you're alive."
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kavala on June 30th, 2012, 5:05 pm

That was one thing about Ronan that no one could ever claim over him. To Kavala, he was the easiest person in the world to talk too. She never felt ashamed, never guarded her words, and never really felt the need to conceal anything she was thinking or feeling from him. Granted the first time she'd realized that it had scared her so badly it was one of the reasons she'd headed straight for the sea rather than see him and his friends off. But he was back now, most likely their duty done, and here with her for another moment yet.

When he kissed her she stiffened then slowly relaxed, leaning into him and returning the gesture. Such things with him were always easy, thought for a moment the act made her sad. She should have had a first kiss with someone like him, someone her parents had introduced to her and explained to her that she would be joining his pavilion. Kavala would have been a second wife, for no Konti ever in the history of the Grass had ever been a first. She would have gotten coaching from his first wife as to what he liked, what he enjoyed, and what was expected after they were married. Kavala would have also had a firm list of what not to do, what he hated, and what would anger or upset the whole Pavilion.

But this wasn't the Grass. This was a beach near Riverfall, apart of, yet still on the fringes of the Grass. The location was a lot like Kavala and Ronan themselves, for they were both on the fringes of their societies too. She wondered if it bothered him, or if such thoughts ever crossed his mind? Seconds weren't normally expected to be as firsts were. Most men married again to bring help to their firsts, who tended to be pregnant a lot and not the most welcoming of spouses. Firsts were expected to be pure, of good breeding, and the ones to produce the heirs. Seconds had more flexibility. They could be widows, married for their looks or to bring a specific talent into the pavilion, not necessarily to raise an Ankal's heirs. Firsts were married for practicality of bloodlines and connections, rarely for love, though that often came later. Seconds and thirds were more along those lines - to supplement their lives and bring the Drykas men whatever it was they wanted and lacked. Fourths were simply brought in to display wealth, status, and were normally the most beautiful of all the wives.

Pulling back slightly, Kavala tilted her head at him, nuzzled his lips once more, and lifted up her right wrist, which was free of ornamentation to where he could see it. He'd probably already noticed, but she wanted him to be sure. Then she took his hand and wrapped it firmly around her wrist, so he would feel along with see. "No one can say this is not right or this is not breaking any rules. My body is my own again. I've paid off my debt. I can kiss you on this beach and no one cares, Ronan." She added softly. That act alone, that simple fact, made her happy. She made no mention of the pregnancy she'd been experiencing when he left, already carrying another akalak child within her.

"I thought it came too late for us." She added after a moment. "I'm glad I was wrong." She said, laughing slightly, her joy erupting again. It was clear to her as well, despite how she should be or what was proper, she'd give this Drykas man anything he wanted of her. The important thing was that she could say no if she wanted. She really could. And that made her smile.

Kavala reached out with strong arms and gently pulled him down beside her, so they could talk curled up under the sun. "There's a stone in your hand." She said, stroking her thumb across the back of his hand. "What does it mean, Ronan?" She asked softly, curious yet with a tone that said she'd back off it if he wasn't ready to answer.

"I'm happy your alive too. That everyone is okay... did you find Ragnor's family?"
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ronan on July 2nd, 2012, 12:09 am

Kavala gave him resistance at first. As tense as stone, before softening into silk that folded around him comfortably. He was lost in reverie as she raised her right wrist to his eyes.

How had he missed it...? The manacle had gone. "You are free," he said softly, before laughing, "you are truly free!" He pulled her close again, rocking slightly, kissing her on the lips.

Her body was hers. Never a truer word had been spoken. He had never expected this, and yet, it felt so right. The journey had divided them, torn asunder, and now in the storm's wake they were reunited, both freed of the shackles of the past.

"And you are right. It is not too late. Perhaps... it is just in time. We've both come to important points in our lives, have we not?"

Ronan sank down closer to the sand, so he could lay beside her. He gazed into her crystalline blue eyes for a long while. They were clearer than when he had left. That binding darkness had left them.

Her fingers found the stone in the back of his hand, feeling it with a gentle kind of curiosity. When she asked, he smiled. It was certainly a story he would willingly tell.

"On the way back through the northern reaches, I had an encounter. With a velispar, nonetheless." The name would be known to Kavala. There were many of them in the Grasses, though not seen often. "It spoke to me, and then... oh our Goddess of the Earth. Semele herself spoke through the creature." He rested his own fingers over hers, feeling the stone beneath, "this is her mark. The earth courses through me now. I feel more connected to the ground I walk on, and the stones and wonders beneath."

He smiled, breathing in and breathing out. He could always feel it. A vague sense of knowing, and yet an understanding that there were so many earthly secrets to unlock.

"Yes. The family are safe and well. I am glad we could help, though the journey turned into so much more for me. For us. I will leave Sama'el to tell you some of it. There are... tidings, that would be best spoken by him alone."

Ronan's countenance had darkened somewhat. Just as Semele had marked him as her own, so to had a Goddess unleashed her vengeance upon Sama'el and Issima. Leaving the news to his brother, Ronan smiled again, remembering her freedom. He held her face in his hands, kissing her on the lips again, hearing the gentle lapping of the shore.

"When I spoke to our Lady, I realised a lot of things. I have been so passive... for too long. I have changed Kavala, a little at least. I want to take charge of things, and not just sit back. The Drykas blood - it has come alive like fire. I have foundations to lay, and a future to build."
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kavala on July 3rd, 2012, 5:53 pm

Kavala listened quietly to him, her eyes studying his face and reading his changing expressions looking for the words he spoke and the ones he didn't speak. Animals were so much easier to understand. She could open herself to them and know how they were feeling about what they were doing almost without effort. But dealing with people, especially humans, was a great deal harder for her.

Semele had changed him. She ran her thumb over the stone in his hand wondering what it was. She had no such stone in her tumbled rock bag that gave her examples in which to inlay the Sanctuary's walls with. This one had the air of uniqueness and mystery about it she couldn't quite define, but one that she was drawn too nonetheless.

A Goddess had marked Ronan!

Kavala was excited. She shouldn't be, but she was. None of her Talvas' had been marked and for some reason having someone that was equally important in the Gods eyes was reassuring to her, as if it justified her interest in Ronan and what he meant to her. He was special. Nysel and Semele both knew it and both had taken interests. What next? What now? Kavala could feel fate weaving around them and she wanted to touch it, unweave it, and see what the strands meant.

Kavala met his gaze, the sun soaking into the bronze skin of his bare chest, and tried to viciously cull the emotion that rose in her.

Suddenly and strongly, the urge to pull Ronan down in the sand and divest him of his clothing struck her. The Konti wanted to inspect every inch of him and ask him where all the new marks had come from as she learned his new topography. She wanted to run her tongue over the healed wounds and kiss away his hurts until he rolled her over buried himself within her and made her forget how long he'd been gone and how sad she'd been finding him then having to give him up.

The Konti drew a long hard breath at the suddenness of those thoughts and her desires. Had the Akalak succeeded then, where the slavers had failed, and turned her into a whore? The Konti studied Ronan with burning eyes which she lidded for a moment, fighting for control. She didn't want to ruin this with him... whatever it was they had together. And she certainly didn't want to scare him.

Kavala turned away a moment, then reached out, unable to help herself, and ran her hands over his fresh scar across his chest. "Is that what this is about? Secrets that belong only to Sama'el?" She said softly, her fingers shaking slightly causing the webbing between them to catch the light and shine. Konti hands on human flesh looked so foreign. But she was not Konti, not really. She was Drykas, and so was he, and in that they were the same. Her free hand dropped into the sand and fisted there, trying to calm herself down. Her hand on his flesh continued to roam up and down the scar. "This was nicely healed. Someone did good work." She commented finally, picking the one thing - healing - that was safe for her to talk about for a moment.

It wasn't what she really wanted to say. What she really wanted to say was how much she'd missed him, wanted him, and was afraid he'd think her a lightskirt for how much she wanted to pull him down in the sand and show him all the things she felt. The Konti started to tremble again and covered it by rising to her feet. She swayed a moment, weaker than she thought, then bent to retrieve her pack and blanket.

"We've been busy. Will you come see?" She asked, her face flushed suddenly to a dark iridescence that only someone who knew her intimately would understand was arousal, a reaction to all she was feeling and going to run from by dragging him on a tour.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ronan on July 6th, 2012, 12:51 am

Kavala's eyes fell upon him, seeing him truly. Her fingers brushed over the stone, intrigued, and then over his chest. He was grateful for her touch. It was the caress of the heavens. A divine tranquility seeped over him, and he smiled. It was a genuine smile, so deeply imbued with hope and faith and love.

For a moment, the Konti seemed lost in thought. He moved a hand to push a lock of her dove-white hair from her face, but she gasped, as if something sudden and involuntary had passed through her mind. When she turned away momentarily, he remained quiet. Her thoughts were her own. She had lived long enough under domination for him to interrogate her on her every thought.

Finally, she turned, and spoke again. Ronan frowned at her, shaking his head lightly. "They are not secrets, per se. I just... I think it would be better coming from him. They are his tidings to share, not mine."

He brushed his fingers down from her face, along her arm, exploring her for a while. Her own fingers came to his flesh again, finding the scar over his pectoral muscles. He smiled at her, nodding, "Oluse. It was him that treated the wound. You'll meet him soon, I'm sure. He returned with us from Avanthal. You'll like him, I think."

For a moment, he noticed she was shaking a little. Not majorly, but noticeable all the same. He watched her webbed hand tremble on his chest. So alien to him, yet so beautiful. The Konti were human in one way, but in another breath so radically different. But they were all serenity and grace, whatever their disposition. They were a race blessed with a mystical beauty that would draw any onlooker in.

Suddenly, she was grabbing her things and pulling him back up from the sand. Ronan grabbed his shirt as he rose, but he didn't put it back on, simply holding it by his side.

"Of course," he replied grinning, as she pulled him back towards Sanctuary. Her face darkened with something. Excitement? Euphoria? He let himself be pulled along by her, wondering what it was he was to see.

As he crossed the threshold, he exhaled with relief. It was good to be... home.
Ronan
Nomadic Soul

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)