[The Quill's Rest] Art to Art [Wart]

Two artist meet and talk. Duh.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 22nd, 2012, 1:37 am

Gale looked at his paper just a bit more, looking at the ship and a few other details he added when he first started drawing it. He started again, going back to the ocean but trying to make it more lively. At least tried. He made the waves slightly longer and added more to the splashes against the rocks and ship. Maybe that would help. As he added more to his drawing he glanced up at Wart and her soft tapping. Why was she tapping it? Maybe it had a certain look to it she liked? Hm.

Gale found that he had stopped to watch her. He blinked and went back down. It wasn't his business really. So he went back to his business. He looked out the window again and saw a few birds fly by. Yeah, birds. That could brighten it up wouldn't it? He looked back down at his paper and drew small bird like figures flying above the water.

He looked up once again and noticed the reflection of the inside of the Rest on the window. His gaze went down to Wart's faint reflection. After a moment he shook his head and looked back down. He shouldn't be staring. It's rude and she already seemed to be slightly agitated at him for one reason or another. He just needed to focus on his work. If he didn't want to stay quiet he would have scoffed at himself. He never liked ones who starred and he didn't like being a hypocrite.

But it was so interesting...Especially when you didn't know that they were practicing on making a tattoo. Gale never wanted to get a tattoo and never stuck around to watch how one was made so the tapping was new entirely.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Wart on August 22nd, 2012, 2:30 am

Midway through going up on one of the fins Wart realized her biggest issue. She needed to be moving her self with the tattoo. As it was she was tapping at an angle, making the fin longer than it should have been. Gods I'm an idiot. Pulling the paper closer she continued, this time making sure to keep the charcoal at a perpendicular angle.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw the man looking over at her. She decided she'd ignore it. After a few moments however she couldn't help but wonder what it was he was adding now. A subtle glance at his paper and she quickly averted her eyes again, staring at her own.

Birds. He'd added birds. Suggest his thing's depressing and he goes and adds petching birds?!?! That's it. This was the last time she ever bothered to get involved in some stranger's shyke. Ever.

She continued her tapping, trying to force her mind to focus only on the pattern. Feeling the man's gaze still on her though kept her going back to the birds on his paper. Finally she sighed in frustration and turned to him, her empty hand moving up into her hair. "Look I know I ain't got pigskin a'right its a petchin tattoo on a paper betcha' lotsa people do it." She'd meant to go off on him for staring, or even say she's sorry she ever bothered to mention what he was doing, but the birds made her uneasy and she ended up defending herself from some sort of accusation that hadn't actually been made.
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Words: 151302
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 6:14 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 4th, 2012, 8:23 pm

OOCPut a bird on it. XD Sorry, had too.
And sorry for the wait. I sorta forgot about this with all the random threads popping up and stuff. I supposed it just got buried. XD Heh :paranoid:

Gale eventually stopped and looked at the page when he was done adding the two or three seagulls. He forced himself to stop looking at her but jolted slightly when she suddenly lashed out. He lifted his head to look at her and blinked, being hesitant to offer a response.

He smirked however,"Ah, I see. I'm sorry, I just never really saw anyone actually etch a tattoo before. And it not being done on someone didn't help me recognize it. Do you happen to work at the Equinox then?"

Why Gale asked if she worked there, he didn't know. He wasn't ever interested in getting a tattoo so it's not like he would be able to say "maybe I'll see you there sometime." He'll probably never get a tattoo on his own free will. He supposed he asked to try and get her talking to calm down. She seemed to have a bit of a temper. But it probably wouldn't work, considering she seemed to be defensive. Oh well, can't take back what he said.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Wart on September 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm

oocI'm sorry for the delay in mine as well, (and the shortness) I know too well how busy things get lol

As off-kilter as she was feeling Wart couldn't help her own smirk when the man mentioned The Equinox. "Yeah, jus got a job there. Hell of a place, they're all of em crazy."

With a sigh she forced herself to calm down. She usually couldn't care less what people thought of her or her behavior, but she knew to well what an idiot she was making of herself and didn't want to give off any sign as to why. If it weren't for those damned birds…

"So you… Artist huh? You in it for a hobby or you sell em?" She wasn't very genuinely interested in the answer but wanted a change in the conversation's direction. Then again there was also a small notion in her mind that made her curious about what other artists there were in Zeltiva.
Wart
The Pissy Artist

Words: 151302
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 6:14 am
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 15th, 2012, 12:33 am

Nodding as she confirmed where she worked, Gale didn't think much about her brief description. He was probably never going to go there so he didn't really mind not knowing who the people and such were like. When she asked about him being an artist he let out a breath and a smirk, sounding more like a half laugh.

"More like failing to be. I haven't been able to sell much yet. But I suppose it just comes with practice." He shrugged.

Gale never really liked any of his work in the end. He loved to draw and paint but he never cared for the outcome of his wondering pencil or brush. Not that he wasn't good. He was a pretty good artist in general, he was just harsh on the looks of his drawings. Not to the point where he was constantly adjusting it, just that he never liked it. Much like a writer would hate his book after writing it because they think it wasn't their best work.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Eldritch on July 12th, 2013, 2:38 am

Thread Graded!

Gale :
Skills
Drawing +2
Observation +1
Socialization +1

Lores
-Realizing your drawings are depressing
-The woman who works at the Equinox

Wart :
Skills
Drawing +2
Observation +1
Teaching +2
Socialization +1

Lores
-Critiquing depressing art
-Opinions, not advice

Notes :
I awarded what I could here but there wasn't much here, that being said I enjoyed it greatly. Its a shame that it was never finished.

If you have any comments/questions/concerns about your grade please PM me and we will work something out.

Keep on writing!
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous