Earning the Patients

[Vel]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Earning the Patients

Postby Veldrys on September 4th, 2012, 3:17 pm

„I know that such vows are not to be made lightly“, the Symenestra replied just as softly. „I wouldn’t have said the goddess‘ name if I weren’t absolutely certain.“ With that he fell silent. As he continued to listen to her his confusion only increased. What did it take him to survive? He couldn’t digest most solid foods. Some of his favourite dishes were based on blood, and killing and eating an animal was a somewhat messy affair for a Symenestra, but he had the feeling that this was not what she meant. No, it was something else …

„Then I will say it, S’Vanka, so that there are no misunderstandings between us“, he whispered. „I’m not a cannibal. I will not eat anybody, and I will of course keep the more unpleasant aspects of my diet private. As long as I’m working here, I will only eat fruit and vegetables.“

He only drank the blood of humanoids when he was using Viratas‘ gifts. Everything else was just animal blood, but he decided not to go into details about his diets. He would only tell her what she absolutely needed to know – and that was the fact that her patients would be safe.

As she said that he seemed genuine in his character, he briefly inclined his head, apprecating the comment. „I’m not offended“, he replied even though he was tired of explaing himself over and over again. Just because he was a Symenestra didn’t mean that he shared all their unfortunate preferences and approved of them.

„It’s good that you asked“, he assured her. „It shows that you are brave and care about your patients. My race unfortunately has a bad reputation. I hope that I will be able to change your mind about my kind a little in time. We aren’t all the same.“

He ignored the way she blushed and looked at him. Truth to be told, he’d heard much worse. She’d been mostly polite, and she didn’t seem to be afraid of him, and thus hee allowed himself to relax slightly.

„You can trust me“, he assured her again. „I’ve already sworn it on both of my gods. I’m not sure if there is anything else I can do right now. I’m glad that you are willing to give me a chance.“
Veldrys
Player

Words: 401625
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous