Character Creation Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Karmin on June 28th, 2012, 5:58 am

Hello, I am new here and I've got to say that the Lore of this place are very creative! I have been contemplating what kind of character to make and I think I have found one, but I am not sure if his background story is allowed...

Karmin is an urchin, he doesn't remember his birthday but it seems he is around 11-13 years old. He lives in Alvadas' streets, mostly at The Sanity Center's back-alley since outsiders/newcomers with a lot of cash to steal. One day he overheard a Symenestra arguing with a human about Viratas and is intrigued by the concept of Symenestran's community. He follows the Symenestra before finally gathering the courage to ask about Viratas' religion.

The Symenestra doesn't seem to trust Karmin at first, but willing to share her view on The God of Blood. At the end of her speech, Karmin is entranced by the idea of loyalty and family, begging the Symenestra to adopt him.

Now, I want him to be adopted, is that possible or not?
Karmin
Player

Words: 1153
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2012, 5:18 am
Race: Human

Postby Nai'shee on June 28th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Hello, Karmin, welcome to Mizahar!

First thing I noticed is that you wanted your character to live on streets of Alvadas as a child. Alvadas might not be Sunberth, but the city is full of questionable people and mysteries. You should not put that in CS if you want to be realistic, but technically you may, as long as DS of Alvadas has nothing against (Alvadas is tricky city and if boy was witty enough I guess it would be interesting part of his story).

As for Symenestra, meeting him and talking about Viratas would be just fine, but adoption.. I doubt it. Symenestra mainly concentrate on having their own children and prolonging the race, but I guess they might adopt a child under some circumstances. However, again, be realistic. If you met a person in real life (let alone Symenestra) and tried to convince him to adopt you it wouldn't go pretty well. You can maybe say Symenestra took you for slave and brought to Kalinor, or you can say it was female Symenestra, desperate that she cannot have her own child. However, it would be the best to send message to Kalinor's DS (Poison) and try to work out details.

And, by the way, your character's name means 'lipstick' in my language (Serbian) lol.

Oh, and, don't consider my reply final, I am here for a while, but I still don't know as much about all races and domains, you should contact people I mentioned or wait for someone colored to reply for more info!
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Thank you for the information!

Postby Karmin on June 29th, 2012, 10:59 am

Yeah, I kinda thought that something like that would happen! Your information is really helpful! (and lol, lipstick)

I actually had been mulling over it and think, "Meh, no spider-lady will be desperate enough to adopt an urchin from a shady town!" So, I kinda think that he will just make his own 'family' in the end. He will gather other urchins like him and take care of them, especially the younger ones, teaching them how to 'feel' the city. And then introduce them to Vitaras--- oh man, I have so many new ideas thanks to you!

Oh, and I will age him up too, like 16 maybe?
Karmin
Player

Postby Nai'shee on June 29th, 2012, 11:46 am

Oh, I think that's great idea! Little urchin gang in Alvadas! You can talk to DS to give you some cool NPCs for it and begin! Or, wait, if they're your family and you would drag them around and use in threads it needs HD approval. Just submit there for few children NPCs who wouldn't provide you with anything (food, money, XP, home etc.) and write what was your idea and we'll see if they approve gang. D'awww it's so cute. :3 But then you'll pull them all from Ionu to Viratas! Hey, not fair! *her char. in Alvadas is Ionu's favored*
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ayanna on June 29th, 2012, 8:50 pm

I wish my character could adopt you! Because she actually would, because of her love of children.

And she's traveling, she's all the way in Riverfall now so she's been through several cities (or she took a boat, you never know)

But the idea of an urchin gang sounds really cool, and fun! So I hope you have loads of fun with it!

Beauty's sister is vanity,
and in this world it is the only place to turn
when I am forever judged on my
appearance.

Okay guys sorry I've been off for awhile, real life has this way of sneaking up on you. I'm not going to elaborate on what's going on in my life cause that's my business but know that I've got a lot on my plate and I had to take a step back from Mizahar. I'll being posting sporadically and I'm sorry. I'll get on when can.
Ayanna
Player

Words: 46176
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2012, 3:06 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Karmin on June 30th, 2012, 12:44 am

Thank you! I hope our character will meet one day!
Karmin
Player