Little questions about buying things and posts.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Galene on June 30th, 2012, 10:24 pm

Hello~ New around here, don't yet have my CS posted as I'm waiting on approval for something little but started working on a little introduction post that I also don't plan on posting until after everything's approved. But, I ran into a little problem with it and can't quite seem to find an answer (though there is always a possibility I missed the place the information would be kept!)

First and foremost, if you're starting a new character in a town they've been in their entire life you don't necessarily have to start at their gates or, in my case, the harbor- correct? I kinda of made that conclusion, but I figured it doesn't hurt to have it clarified.

Secondly, and what I'm having the most problems with, would be making purchases. I understand that after you've begun you need to post in shops to buy certain things- but what if you wanted to do an entire post about something where buying this item was not the priority, but was still important. For example, my little 'here's Galene' post sort of thing is based around her trip to the market getting a bit more interesting than just a simple trip. But she still needs to buy some form of food while she's there- but it's by no means the majority of the post. Would I need to take the portion of the post that she's buying her food in and post it in that shop's location page? Or could I simply link to this thread in my ledger and have the purchase done in those means? And I also guess a smaller portion to this, I can roleplay the shop merchant right..? Like, just a quick 'That'll be -insert amount of money here-' sort of thing isn't an issue, right? I feel like I read somewhere it was fine, but since I'm already asking something doesn't hurt to throw that smaller question in! (Again, I'm well aware I need to post my CS before actually posting anything in the roleplay section~)

Thanks to anyone that can help me out here~!
Galene
Player

Words: 26160
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2012, 4:19 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 30th, 2012, 11:57 pm

Hey Galene, and welcome to Mizahar. I think I can help you out.

1- You are right, if they have lived there whole life there, you dont need to post on the entrance thread. That is for when they first arrive there, or perhaps when they return after a trip.

2- If you are making a purchase, you do not have to actually post in the thread for that location. You can simply list the location in the title, and people will know that is were the thread is located. You can make your own new thread, so you dont clutter up the location thread.

For example, you could title a thread were you go to a location called The Market, titled A Shopping we will go, like this, and put this in the title line:

[The Market]A Shopping we will go

And even if it is not the only thing you are doing, you can still post with that location as your position, and do other stuff. I once had a pc go to buy some food, ended up meeting another pc, and going hunting with her instead.

Just simply at some point, perhaps the end of the thread, and when you buy it list what you purchased, and its costs, and apply it to your CS. You can buy the stuff whenever you want in the thread, beginning, middle, end, and continue with the thread, or end it there.

You can also do simple things with npc, like that, as long as it goes along with the location, and is passive. Going up to Joe's shoe store, and buying a pair of shoes, you can do that yourself.

Anything to far past that, or violent or illegal, like going up to Joe's shoes, and stealing some shoes, or setting fire to the store... You probably need a storyteller to interact.

So, hope that helped, and a happy rp experience, Clyde Sullins.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Galene on July 1st, 2012, 12:03 am

Alright then, that was very helpful~ Thank you so much!
Galene
Player

Words: 26160
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2012, 4:19 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets