[Sliver's Scrapbook of DOOM] Sketches, Chickens, and Wonder

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Abstract on September 14th, 2013, 11:20 am

Lol, this is the third time I've seen this video on a scrapbook.... Alea's, Edreina's, and now yours.... XD
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Traverse on September 14th, 2013, 1:39 pm

Alas, it seems that I am just a lowly copycat!

But it is so gosh darn catchy!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Licearsvansan on September 14th, 2013, 10:45 pm

Copy"cat"

........ I hope that pun was unintended. XD

And hey, at least it shows that you have good taste. As for the dream post you still owe me, don't worry about it. I'm only dying of anticipation.

Im teasing of course, I've got plety of threads to sate my Dhani appetite until you are ready. Though when you get a chance I'd love to talk plot ideas with you about Svan and Tinnok. Theres alot that he has been doing in flashbacks that may interest you....

To hide his dhani nature from anyone, Svan has taken measures to hide his lisp. As such, he will not have any extra "ssss" on his words unless indicated otherwise.
Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Words: 361391
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2012, 1:56 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on September 18th, 2013, 2:09 am

Nerdin' Out
Just a lil' bit

So can I just say how much I want to thank Hollywood for doing the whole comic thing? Really the whole nerd thing. Total side track but the other day we met these guys at a city event that dressed up in full blown Ghostbusters regalia complete with crazy awesome vaccum packs that played the music and clips from the movie. I talked to one about it, and they did it usually for charity, but also got hired for cons to promote things and etc. I remember him saying "Everyone's a little nerdy," when talking about how people were always really excited and always liked and talked to the ghsotbuster guys wherever they were. Its is one of those "well, duh" statements, but I was still like...yeah...people really are. It's one of those things that well, here on Mizahar we might be what you consider nerdier than average and freakin' proud of the fact, but know just about anyone long enough and they have some little 'nerd' thing whether it be Star Trek, the Punisher, Old Sci-fi, or the classic fantasy books. It may be removed or obscure or laughable, but its there, and I think it took a while for Hollywood to catch onto the fact that you didn't need to be a chill in the comic book store nerd to want to see Robert Downey Jr. blast up some bad guys in a mech suit.

So that exceedingly long rant is my way of saying that I found an entertainment magazine today focusing in on comic book movies coming out and I simply can't wait.

The hub of my obsession is the new X-men movie that's coming out next year in which the current X-men (last stand) travel back in time in order to save the future. Which means all of the new folks (Fassbender, Mcavoy, Lawerence, Houlton, et all) get to meet all of their future selves = an all star cast x 2. I simply cannot wait.

But that movie I knew about, what I wasn't aware of was that they're re-booting The Crow, which if you haven't seen you should go and do that now instead of reading this, jeez, haven't seen The Crow? I spit on you. *ahem*

Now I could go into a whole 'nother conversations about re-boots, which are a lot like any re-make or music cover in one's ability to debate their validity and quality compared to the original. As a rule of thumb I am for re-boots, because I generally don't have a nostalgic connection to whatever came before enough to be-grudge another go at it (I mean didn't all of us want to see Spidey not be Tobey Maguire?). So I am excited about both the Crow re-boot as well as RoboCop.

And then of course we have the Agents of Shield television series coming out in about a week. I cannot speak on the topic of Joss Whedon, as I would go on too long about how I enjoy everything he does...but suffice to say I have waited a long time for a Whedon show to come on, and now that wait is nearly done.

So yeah...just needed to nerd out for a moment. I first meant this as a very brief freak out about all of these things that I really enjoy and it became a bit longer than intended...oh well!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Eida on September 18th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Secret :

Found this on Tumblr, had to share it! :P
Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Traverse on September 20th, 2013, 10:10 pm

Clearly, cat minds think alike.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Traverse on September 22nd, 2013, 10:02 pm

A look at
Riddick

So I feel like Riddick has a weird little niche, its almost like a cult favorite, but I've never seen a movie with cult value have such a wide array of people enjoy it. Perhaps some are just Vin Diesel lovers, others just fans of gore and death, but this movie had a brief stint in the theaters because it is nowhere close to a blockbuster...yet a fair amount of people still enjoy it (I being one of those people).

I'm not going to give a formal review of it, because this is one of those films that generally speaking, you know yourself if you want to see or not, especially if you know anything about the previous three (one of them being animated and not really counting, since this movie technically makes them a trinity).

So basically the low down is, have you ever seen any of them before?

If no, do you enjoy movies like Shoot em Up, RocknRolla, Sin City, etc? (My mind is coming up with a lack of sci-fi equivalents at the moment, so forgive me)

If no to that one, don't worry about it, this aint yo thing. If yes, then you'll probably like it.

If you HAVE seen one or both of the flicks, it is closer to Pitch Black in plot and layout than Chronicle. A lot of people seem to prefer Pitch Black to chronicle, I personally am the opposite because I enjoyed the vast array of characters in Chronicle that you got to see on the journey (Still not sure how you chain an Air Elemental, but whatevs), in addition to the wonderful action violence, but Pitch Black has its place too (Claudia Black is in it!), and I enjoyed Riddick despite my personal preference. The standard hot shot banter is just as fresh (or tired depending on your perspective) as in the first two, as well as the classic deep voiced narrations by Diesel. You get some cool critters, some crazy action sequences, and of course, most everyone kicking the bucket.

No signature curved blades though, which I actually appreciated. And that is all I have to say on this particular flick, as always, safe travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous