My Eyes Have Seen You (Ethan/Hadrian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Kendall Saarinen on September 17th, 2011, 7:28 am

15th of Autumn, 511 AV

Today was the day. A couple of days back Ethan had flown over to Kendall's side, barely able to contain himself. The kelvic had found Hadrian. The blond was barely able to contain himself at the words. He practically jumped into Ethan's arms in excitement. Ethan had promised any day now. He just had to wait.

Over the past couple of days Ethan had been in and out of the camp. Kendall promised to stay put so Hadrian could find them faster. It was a bit boring to simply sit around and wait but there were little things he could do. Cook for Ethan, write, meditate, practice his magic. In fact, the day prior he had even practiced his sword. This had exhausted him though. On top of the training, he had a terrible time sleeping. He knew his lover was going to return to him. No matter the amount of coaxing from Ethan, Kendall was too excited to sleep.

On the day Hadrian was to arrive Kendall had found his way into Nysel's realm. He was curled up under the blankets and furs, clinging to his last scraps of his dreams. He might have slept longer but a sound came at the opening of the tent. Quietly, the blond grumbled to himself as he was shaken from his slumber. He felt a small pang of fear that it could be someone who might hurt him so he prepared himself for the worst.
Last edited by Kendall Saarinen on September 20th, 2011, 5:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Hadrian on September 17th, 2011, 7:40 am

The last time Ethan had checked on him and left to report his progress to Kendall, Hadrian couldn't help himself: he rested Adrasteios, then saddled him again, and pressed on through the night. Even nine days out of Ravok, he was still imagining shadows chasing at his heels, and the lack of sleep didn't make him any more rational, but his need to be with Kendall and with Ethan again was both rational and irrational. But he retained the presence of mind to remember all the markers Ethan had given him to find the camp, blessing the Kelvic for landing so frequently to take in the view from the ground that Hadrian would have.

Adrasteios was too tired to be his ornery self, and so after Hadrian rode in, he managed to just dismount and tie the horse to a tree far enough away from Kendall's horse that he wouldn't take a surly bite out of that hide, but for once the Bloodbane was calm. Hadrian promised him silently that he would see to his needs as best he could as soon as he had slept himself. No Drykas he, obviously, but the horse had been pampered enough between their trip up the Kabrin Road to this trip, and assuming they got to Avanthal in once piece, he could spend the winter in a cozy stable for all Hadrian cared.

He couldn't sense Ethan, but the lammergeier was often hunting this early in the morning. He could, however, sense Kendall, and so he followed that tug to his weary soul and was soon climbing into his tent, mumbling wearily as a bear headed toward hibernation.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on September 21st, 2011, 4:55 am

OOCEthan said he'd post after the fifth post so Hadrian and Kendall have time to cuddle.
When Kendall's eyes fell on Hadrian he smiled brightly. Sleep was still in his eyes and his blond hair was disheveled from his slumber. Across his chin one could see dusting of light facial hair due to the fact there was little chance to shave on the road. Before this trip and his time without his lover the Azenth might have been embarrassed about the facial hair. Now he was just happy to see Hadrian. Nothing else mattered, except Hadrian's safety of course. He hoped that nothing too terrible had happened during his disappearance.

Kendall seemed to fall into Hadrian, wrapping his arms around him happily. "I missed you." There were so many things he wanted to say but I missed you was all that made it past his lips. He held the mage tightly, almost as if he thought he would leave again. He thought he would be overwhelmed by emotion when he finally saw Hadrian again but strangely he felt calm. Calm and perfectly happy. He took Hadrian's chin in his fingers and guided his lips against his own, kissing him passionately. He had missed the feeling of his aqueous lover against his lips.

When Kendall pulled away, he grabbed Hadrian by the wrist and urged him to join him under the blankets and furs. "You must be cold after all of that traveling. Let me warm you up."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Hadrian on September 21st, 2011, 5:46 am

Hadrian might have spoken, but Kendall kissed him. His own face was rough with scruff, dark against pale skin. Where Kendall's made him look like he had a sheen of gold upon him, Hadrian's was more obvious with the contrast. But that hardly mattered. Knowing Ethan was near and kissing Kendall, it felt like everything was getting put back together again, though he didn't know where Cathan was and he found himself wishing that Sondra were here. Well, outside the tent, but near. Part of the group.

He didn't fight the invitation to climb under the blankets; there had been no unnecessary pauses since dawn the day before so he could get to Kendall the sooner, but he would not remain long awake.

"I missed you too," he managed finally. "Couldn't wait. Road through the night..." It was a simple explanation, and hopefully that would be enough because he wasn't up to a detailed account just yet. "You're beautiful."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on September 21st, 2011, 10:04 pm

Although the scruff on Hadrian's face seemed a little out of place on the mage, Kendall found it cute in his own way. He had never seen him with facial hair before. He was so used to his lover's smooth cheeks. It would take some getting used to but he did not mind. As long as Hadrian was back, he could have had a full out beard for all he cared. He just wanted him back in his arms.

When the two were snuggled up together under the blankets Kendall nestled up against Hadrian, wrapping his arms around him and settling his chin into his shoulder. If they were clothed he was not sure how much his heightened body heat would do for the mage but at least they were close. "And you are handsome. Very handsome in fact." He spoke quietly into Hadrian's ear as he laid beside him. He never wanted to let him go. "I was scared I was never going to see you again." He wanted to know what had happened to him but Kendall could tell Hadrian was nearing sleep and he wanted to let him know he felt before his lover dropped off into Nysel's realm. "It gave me time to think though. I've wasted a lot of time chasing after something that is long gone. I wanted to cling to who I was in hopes that she would come back thinking it would make me happy. Because of it I missed out on what would truly make me happy, you." Kendall had not even thought of wanting to be a girl after a few days of Hadrian's disappearance. All he had wanted was his friend and his lover back. "I don't want to waste anymore time." He was a little bit scared of what he was about to say but he knew deep down it was true. "I don't care if I never get to be a girl again. You make me really happy and I am not going to miss out on anymore time with you because I am chasing after the past. In our time apart I didn't think about being a girl or Zeltiva, I thought of you and how I had wasted so much of our time being upset." He breathed in slowly, smiling as he smelled Hadrian's familiar scent. "I guess what I am trying to say is, I'm ready to move on. If this is who I am, then this is who I am. As long as I have you, I don't mind this form."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Hadrian on September 24th, 2011, 5:53 pm

His mouth curled into a slight little smile at the compliment, even if he hadn't been fishing. Hadrian had never placed much importance on his own looks, not thinking those to be his strong suit, but it was still nice to have a girl tell him that he was handsome, even if the girl was now in a boy's body. It was like an unexpected gift, finding out that someone thought he looked fine, or more than fine, and that he was celebrated in new and wonderful ways. He would have been content to crush himself against Kendall and pass out for a few hours, but the man kept talking and he forced himself to stay awake to listen as it grew increasingly apparent that this was important.

"When we get to Avanthal," he promised, "I will teach you how to morph, and then you will eventually be able to change your shape at will. You can look like your old self to reconcile with your family, and you can look like whatever you want with me. If we can undo the knot that the animator tied... well, I don't mind keeping that a goal. I'm here for you either way.

"I... love you. But you know that."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on September 24th, 2011, 6:27 pm

The thought of morphing was a tempting one. It was a chance to be able to go back to normal without going through the whole act of animation again. The thought of animation sent a shiver through his body and he clung tighter to Hadrian. Even the thought of morphing scared him. He had not really thought about it until now. Each time they had said they were going to work on the art it had been postponed and somewhere in the blond he was a little happy about it. Maybe he was growing comfortable and attached to this body but he believed it was more out of fear. What if morphing only worsened his predicament? While he had not been allowed to learn magic, he had still heard rumors about it. One being that occasionally people became stuck in their morphs. He was not sure he was ready to learn morphing but it was still a ways away and of course, the trip to Avanthal would give him time to think.

"Thank you." It was all he could say on the subject. Whether Hadrian could sense Kendall's uneasiness in his voice or not was beyond the blond's knowledge. While he loved that Hadrian was starting to know him so well, it also made things hard to hide from him, his fear being one of those things. Of course, in a way it was only fair. Kendall could always tell about the feelings deep within Hadrian whether or not the mage even made notice of them.

Kendall could sense the lessened tension in his lover. The freed emotions of his mother had calmed him, whether he knew it or not. "You seem very calm." Kendall wished he could have been with Hadrian when the emotion had been released, what ever emotion it could have been. The important thing was, it had been freed and that would only help the mage.

The Azenth kissed Hadrian after he spoke again. "I like to hear it though." Hadrian had never actually said "I love you" Kendall before this. He had said he loved him but not the three words. "Call me high maintenance but I like the reassurance." Kendall closed his eyes as he held Hadrian. "I love you too, now sleep."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ethan on October 1st, 2011, 10:09 am

This was the day... Hadrian was traveling all night. Kendall slept, buried under a pile of furs. And kept safe by Ethan's watchful eyes. The two would reunite in passion, and mate It was beautiful how much they loved each other. Despite the complications their relationship posed for him. He did not hate their coupling.

He had left the young man early in the morning to watch Hadrian's progress. It was slow. Gods only knew how men could stand to move so slow, but eventually the Mage arrived at the tent. He had planned to give them twenty minutes. From his experience with men and women (Kendall being a special case of course). It should only take five or so minutes for the excitement to turn to into longing and lust. Fifteen minutes for the act itself. Things often finished quickly with such intense passion. Kendall having male gender parts would be no exception, despite his former self. Ethan would have to confirm this assumption with Kendall later on.

Ethan skittered between the clouds. Slowly climbing the wispy mountains. It was a beautiful clear morning. The sky was a light baby blue, and the clouds. Where scenic from below, but grand from above. It was a completely different world. Made of sharp contrasts of light's and dark's. He was nothing but a fleck of light orange and brown feathers. It made him feel small, scared, alive, humble.

He liked it up here. Up here he could think, and hunt, and be himself. Not worry about who he was offending, charming, watching, loving, lusting after. All the complications of being human left with the ground. Up here, you controlled whether you lived or died. In Zulrav's realm, you were subject only to him and the wind.

Taking a deep breath, he started to descend. For a moment he drifted between the crevices of the clouds. Before pulling in his wings and plunging through them. He ripped through its belly and down to the hills below. Where his companions were probably done with their “reunion”. Ethan unfurled and soared towards the tent.

Flying quietly above, he opened his Senses, moments before passing. Close enough to feel the Aura's below. He was moving too fast to get a good reading, but he could tell they were close together. Probably finishing the act, but he had waited long enough. Their would be other nights for sex. He swooped around and gave a loud screech letting his presence be known.

Landing at the foot of the tent he wobbled inside warbling happily. With many clacks and chatters, he got to his clothes. Along the opposite side of the couple. And changed. Turning around he said happily. ”How are you two love birds? I hope you have finished your play between the sheets. Because I'm going to bug you both now. I hate to be left out after all.” He slipped on his tunic and breeches. To preserve Kendall's comfort.
Ethan
"If you need help, look up"

Words: 286041
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2011, 9:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on October 4th, 2011, 4:01 am

Hadrian was dozing in Kendall's arms when he sensed the rapid approach of an aura, but he didn't wake for it. The pattern was too familiar to trouble him, much as sounds one was used to hearing in the wee hours of morning might not wake a body. But then he was pulling on clothes, making real noise, and chattering noisily in the tent. Hadrian smiled blearily, eyes red-rimmed when they opened briefly.

"No play yet, you little voyeur," he scoffed, voice gravelly with need of sleep. He was glad the three of them were together again, though he would miss Cathan and the sudden, unexpected connection with Sondra, though he supposed it would take more than the Black Sun to take her down. He had to look forward, though, to Avanthal, to Lhavit. There was much to see, much to be done.

There was more to him now, and he wondered if they would notice. His increased facility with the Flux and Morphing were easily demonstrable, but the depth to his dreams, well, he was still figuring that out himself.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on October 4th, 2011, 5:44 am

It felt right to Kendall that Hadrian was back in his arms and sleeping at his side once more. There was something different about Hadrian though. Nothing bad, just something was missing. Kendall could feel it's absence as they pair laid under the sheets. The mage felt calm and peaceful. There still hints of emotion trapped under the surface but something big had released itself.

The intrusion of Ethan surprised Kendall, causing him to hold Hadrian tighter, if only for a moment. When the Kelvic burst into the tent Kendall could feel Hadrian waking up again in his arms. Lightly, he reached out and hit Ethan on the arm with a small chuckle. He knew all too well how Ethan could beat him around if he wanted to so he wanted his gesture to come off friendly. "Shhhh… do you need to be so loud. He was sleeping." He smiled lightly before settling once again against Hadrian.

"So Ethan, did you find anything good?" Kendall hoped someday the kelvic would let him join him on one of his hunts. He was not sure how good he would be at the art of hunting but it would be good to try.

Kendall rested his chin on Hadrian's shoulder. "You seem more calm Hadrian. It feels good to see that you let go of a little emotion." Kendall could not tell exactly what but he knew there was less pressure. He was happy for Hadrian but in the same sense, he wished he could have been with his lover when the emotion was released. Perhaps he was not as skilled at freeing emotion as he thought.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook